Why isnt Strong bad uncensored?

I know that the subtitles are censored whenever somebody swears in the game. But oddly enough when the game is uncensored mode. Max, Heavy, and Tycho(or however the hell you say his name) are swearing uncensored. However one flaw is that Strong bad's swearing isnt uncensored. Whats the big deal? It would have been funny to see strong bad cursing.

Comments

• edited December 2010
    Maybe the owners of the character didn't let Telltale to do so. Understandable, because of the franchise he belongs to. I believe that particular line in which he swears actually parodies the tone of the game.
  • edited December 2010
    I think Falanca's right on that.
  • edited December 2010
    Well, apparently his line really is "That is some Bleeped up Bleep" when he says that.

Also, Max is only swearing to his normal extent, and I'm not sure Heavy swears. The uncensored mode was put in the for Tycho's dialogue.
  • edited December 2010
    its proving that strong bad rarely cusses in the game
  • edited December 2010
    I extracted all the sound files from the game. I've checked the uncensored lines and all of them were said from Tycho.
  • edited December 2010
    Strong Bad's franchise does not curse, period. I dunno if that's just the Brothers Chaps keeping to an everyone rating for their stuff, or if they have moral issues against it--they are from Georgia, after all--but either way, the whole point is, Strong Bad does not use profanity.

Therefore his usage there is the very definition of the Precision F Strike, and it's bleeped because that makes it funnier.
  • edited January 2011
    Kyronea wrote: »
    or if they have moral issues against it--they are from Georgia, after all
    Definitely not that. TBC swear as much as anybody. They'd just rather keep H*R children-friendly.

In the case of Poker Night, I think it's less that TBC are "opposed" to Strong Bad swearing and more that swearing simply does not actually exist in the H*R universe. It's like it's not that he actually says "fuck" and it gets censored to a bleep -- he actually says a bleep, 'cause that's what cussing is like in the H*R-verse.
  • edited January 2011
    Tycho is the only one that swears. Max swears occasionally in his franchise, but only light swears. Strong Bad and Heavy don't swear, so it doesn't make sense for them to do so in game (as well as Max). You expect stuff from the characters that is the same from their franchise.
  • edited January 2011
    BoneFreak wrote: »
    Tycho is the only one that swears. Max swears occasionally in his franchise, but only light swears. Strong Bad and Heavy don't swear, so it doesn't make sense for them to do so in game (as well as Max). You expect stuff from the characters that is the same from their franchise.
    It does make sense, you know, when you're in a bar with a lot of dewds playing poker and stuff you get into the mood. Plus, losing so many bucks have to get you angry enough to drop some bombs.
  • edited January 2011
    Strong Bad's franchise does not curse, period.

Oh really?

But yeah, Tycho is the only one of the characters to use any strong language in this game, because Penny Arcade is the only one of the four works featured to regularly use strong language.

Mind you, TF2 has some mild profanity, and the "Meet the Team" videos have even had some stronger, censored stuff ("And now he's here to *BLEEP* us!"), but I think the Heavy is the only class to never swear. Not counting the perpetually-unintelligible Pyro, of course.

EDIT: My mistake, Heavy does swear. SANDVICH AND ME GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS!
  • edited January 2011
    D'oh. I knew the Homestar Wiki would be my undoing.
  • edited January 2011
    D'oh. I knew the Homestar Wiki would be my undoing.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy than the H*R wiki.
  • edited January 2011
    Huh? What's wrong with HRWiki? (I do have a beef with the HRWiki Forum, though, what with how they killed off a big part of their community some time ago...)
  • edited January 2011
    I believe that was a joke. :p
  • edited January 2011
    Homestar Runner has always been child appropriate and swearing would also take away from its own obtusely weird universe. Its a weird idealized world where evil is pulling pranks with the biggest evil hoping that one such prank would kill the person being pranked, but thats only implied.

Its silly stuff, I think of the Homestar Runner Universe as a bizarre version of the Peanuts.
  • edited January 2011
    Actually Pompom swears all the time.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Actually Pompom swears all the time.

True but he's also completely impossible to understand, so it doesn't matter what he says. He could be speaking in a pidgin of Swahili, Creole, and Ukranian for all it matters.
  • edited January 2011
    This donut button topic again?
  • edited January 2011
    You are some soda'd up people, man.
  • edited January 2011
    You are some soda'd up people, man.

Hey, that's not a nice thing to say. Shut the vanilla up!
  • edited January 2011
    This is utter beewax.
  • edited January 2011
    I prefer it this way. Cussing is so overrated and when it used too much it loses its impact.
    Sometimes beeps or derivative words like oh fudge! are funnier in the right context.
  • edited March 2011
    The Brothers Chaps have a huge fan base in Christian colleges. And Homestar Runner started out as a children's book. I'm guessing they don't want to tarnish their reputation.

And Strong Bad is adorably evil, so the bleeping fits.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Did this not get fixed in the patch? We have Strong Bad's uncensored line and it was supposed to be included when you unbleep the game in the settings, but for the record he literally says "That is some bleeped up bleep, man!"
  • edited March 2011
    Jake I have not played it long enough to hear this line. I downloaded it last night. I'll post with details once I hear it.
  • edited March 2011
    It wasn't fixed in the patch, no. However, I actually think it's better this way. The joke has more impact if you believe he's actually swearing.
  • edited March 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    Did this not get fixed in the patch? We have Strong Bad's uncensored line and it was supposed to be included when you unbleep the game in the settings, but for the record he literally says "That is some bleeped up bleep, man!"

If Strong Bad literally said "bleeped up bleep" I think the scene would lose some funny which I think comes from a bit of shock value. Bleep-overs can be funny if used right, like in Sam and Max season two or on Metalocalypse.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2011
    Bunnyman wrote: »
    If Strong Bad literally said "bleeped up bleep" I think the scene would lose some funny which I think comes from a bit of shock value. Bleep-overs can be funny if used right, like in Sam and Max season two or on Metalocalypse.

For sure, which is why we bleeped it in the first place. You get the surprise out of hearing Strong Bad be bleeped, and then (allegedly, but apparently not) if you turn off bleeps, he just said the word "bleep."
  • edited March 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    For sure, which is why we bleeped it in the first place. You get the surprise out of hearing Strong Bad be bleeped, and then (allegedly, but apparently not) if you turn off bleeps, he just said the word "bleep."

Well it looks like most of us prefer him actually beeing bleeped out then, so maybe if you do patch this game again than
    A.Dont do anything to this line
    B.Fix the save issue.
  • edited April 2011
    There's another line thats not uncensored if you have strong language on: Tycho (after hitting a card that gives him a win) saying "Shit-hot"! Presumably that one was overlooked.
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'm playing on uncensored and Strong Bad is still bleeped out.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.