Trogday 2011 'Wood Craft' Contest

Comments

• edited January 2011
    mattj375 wrote: »
    The one and only email checked on the little-known predecessor to the Tandy of which Strong Bad claimed to have pawned off some random guy named "Rather Dashing"...
    sb_wood.jpg

Abandon hope, all ye who entered here. This guy just beat us all. :eek:
  • edited January 2011
    The one and only email checked on the little-known predecessor to the Tandy of which Strong Bad claimed to have pawned off some random guy named "Rather Dashing"...
    sb_wood.jpg

Yeah I lost.
    I first thought I might win the second-fourth place prize.
    Then you come so know there are 4 great entrys.
    You just kicked us all out of competetion.
    Thanks real thanks.
  • edited January 2011
    I love the ammount of optimism you two have, Gman5852 and lombre. Gotta have hope!
  • edited January 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    I love the ammount of optimism you two have, Gman5852 and lombre. Gotta have hope!

I'm more of a realist than an optimist.
  • edited January 2011
    (Image Cut)

That is amazing. The crown surely is yours now.
  • edited January 2011
    [Great stuff here]

Awesome entry! This is going to be a tough vote.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, I knew I'd lost ages ago, but I still intend on entering! If nothing else, it's fun to have a project. :)
    Win_Diesel wrote: »
    Long story short: Hi! :)

Lol! Hi!
  • edited January 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    I'm more of a realist than an optimist.

Yeah thats really it.
  • edited January 2011
    I finally had the time to complete my entry today! Presenting: Matchstick Trogdor! Yeah, not brilliant, but it sure took a lot longer to make than I thought. After cutting all those matches (and watching the match heads ping off to some unreachable area in my room) I'm suprised I didn't give myself a splinter.

33e1xeu.jpg

It seems a bit ironic that we're making Trogdor out of wood. He'd probably end up burning himself. Perhaps my entry should have been a pile of ashes and said it was Trogdor after burnination.
  • edited January 2011
    Wow, that's cool! Funny how you said:
    jeeno0142 wrote: »
    Well, I knew I'd lost ages ago, but I still intend on entering! If nothing else, it's fun to have a project. :)

You definently didn't lose already. That's one good entry!
  • edited January 2011
    I finally had the time to complete my entry today! Presenting: Matchstick Trogdor! Yeah, not brilliant, but it sure took a lot longer to make than I thought. After cutting all those matches (and watching the match heads ping off to some unreachable area in my room) I'm suprised I didn't give myself a splinter.

33e1xeu.jpg

It seems a bit ironic that we're making Trogdor out of wood. He'd probably end up burning himself. Perhaps my entry should have been a pile of ashes and said it was Trogdor after burnination.

*Bangs head on table*
  • edited January 2011
    Well I'm screwed. Maybe I should get to work on that half assed animation I was thinking bout entering.
  • edited January 2011
    Well I'm screwed. Maybe I should get to work on that half assed animation I was thinking bout entering.

You think you're screwed? I still think you're going to win first! Yours is simple but awesome. Plus Alan liked it.
  • edited January 2011
    Thanks Mathman for the encouragement. I hope you go well too.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe tomarrow I can try and create another entry.
  • edited January 2011
    I cant be the only one who wants to see the matchstick one on fire....
  • edited January 2011
    Irishmile wrote: »
    I cant be the only one who wants to see the matchstick one on fire....

You remember the last time someone set a wood effigy on fire for a Telltale contest? They won an award under the condition no one else was allowed to do that. The fact that this became a rule in and of itself is hilarious.
  • edited January 2011
    Dammit there's at least three entries now I want to vote for. This is gonna be one tough contest.
  • edited January 2011
    I scrapped the origami project in favor of something more awesome... but my only problem is that I ended up making TWO things- a Trogdor pencil topper that grips the pencil with his beefy arm, and a small sculpture of Strong Bad standing valiantly squashing his boot into the head of a defeated Trogdor.

Which one should I paint to enter into the contest?
  • edited January 2011
    I scrapped the origami project in favor of something more awesome... but my only problem is that I ended up making TWO things- a Trogdor pencil topper that grips the pencil with his beefy arm, and a small sculpture of Strong Bad standing valiantly squashing his boot into the head of a defeated Trogdor.

I really want to see the second one.
  • edited January 2011

I would like to BUY the first one.
  • edited January 2011
    Well, the second's half-done, and I suppose I can take a photo of the first anyway to show you attractive peoples.
  • edited January 2011
    Re-entry! Or rather, updated entry.
    HERE.

Man, this is turning out to be a tough contest. I wanna see that Strong Bad sculpture of yours, divisionten.

EDIT: The first time I linked I don't think it worked, but when I fixed the link the voting had already begun, so think of this as a companion piece.
  • edited January 2011
    I present to you: a wooden statue of Strong Bad posing in victory over a slain Trogdor.

Granted, this wasn't actually made out of wood, but out of Model Magic (rather, "Softy", which is the Japanese equivalent)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2293&stc=1&d=1295505621

Then I painted the whole thing to look like somewhat rotting wood with acrylics (some detail with a black Prismacolor).

attachment.php?attachmentid=2294&stc=1&d=1295505627

Then I added in bits of color so it looks like an old and weathered whittled figure. It's thinned acrylic, so you can see that there's "wood" underneath. I left some parts unpainted to make it look like the paint had come off in spots.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2295&stc=1&d=1295505634

And some shots from other angles. Trogdor's tongue is sticking out, and his poor beefy arm lays flat in defeat over a wing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2297&stc=1&d=1295505649

Yes, SB, we know you are awesome.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2298&stc=1&d=1295505655

Your V's ain't so consummate anymore, now, are they?

picture.php?albumid=346&pictureid=2330

Unfortunately, due to the ravages of time (or, more likely, bandits who want to pawn off shiny stuff), the epic Trogsword has become lost to us all.

picture.php?albumid=346&pictureid=2331
  • edited January 2011
    Nice detail there on the wings and the beefy arm!
  • edited January 2011
    Based on the entries I've seen, there's probably no point in entering this, but oh well.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2299&stc=1&d=1295506875
  • edited January 2011
    Here's my entry. It's not made of wood, but the paper is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOPL9FDAkqI

Sorry for lack of voices. Having a little vocal troubles.

Love it
  • edited January 2011
    Danboyland wrote: »
    Based on the entries I've seen, there's probably no point in entering this, but oh well.

Wow that is actually pretty good.
  • edited January 2011
    Where you have failed, I shall succeed! And thank you for the inspiration!

whatthepfargtl.png

(WIP shot. The glass blocks are what I used as scaffolding.)

you son of a....

good job! good luck in the contest!
  • edited January 2011
    Danboyland wrote: »

Blimey! That is so cool!
  • edited January 2011
    Final version, now with 100% more peasants!

trogdor3.png
  • edited January 2011
    ^You SO need to set them on fire (if that's possible in Classic)
  • edited January 2011
    Final version, now with 100% more peasants!

trogdor3.png

Just had to make it better, didn't you?

But that is freakin' awesome!
  • edited January 2011
    All entries in at this point will be added the poll! Thanks for playing everyone! I'll have the poll up shortly and then you'll have a week to vote!

Good luck all!

EDIT: The poll is live. Good luck!
  • edited January 2011
    Voting time already? I don't know who I'm going to choose yet! 14 entries... this will be tough.
  • edited January 2011
    Good luck everyone!
  • edited January 2011
    Vote for me or Ill destroy you.
    Hey quit voting for the other people, I dont care if they are better, vote for me.
  • edited January 2011
    Only allowed to pick one! That was a seriously hard decision, but I have now cast my vote!

EDIT: I'd also like to point out I did not vote for myself. I figured that would be cheating and unfair.
  • edited January 2011
    only allowed to pick one! That was a seriously hard decision, but i have now cast my vote!

Edit: I'd also like to point out i did not vote for myself. I figured that would be cheating and unfair.

vote for gman
  • edited January 2011
    For those of you who don't want to look through the whole thread to find each user/entry here's a compiled list of entries in the order of the poll:
    Gman5852 (Strongbadia's burnination)
    Dash383535 (No post found)
    lombre (Woodland Homestar)
    Awesomepantsman (Clothespin Trogdor)
    Klatuu (No loafing sign)
    mrpineapplehead (S-Is-For-Sucks Dragon)
    mathman77 (Trogday cartoon)
    Steve the Pocket (Minecraft Trogdor)
    Kamilozo3 (Strongbadia drawing)
    Win_Diesel (Tabletop action)
    mattj375 (The Woody 186)
    jeeno0142 (Matchstick Trogdor)
    divisionten (Slain Trogdor sculpture)
    Danboyland (Strong Bad tree)

While I am one of the contestants, I tried to be objective in this compilation. If there's a mistake I've made in my links or descriptions, it was not intentional so let me know and I will try to update the list. Good luck everyone!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.