Trogday 2011 'Wood Craft' Contest

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Remember: A vote for Lombre is a vote for world peace, love and peace, and above all, Reese's piece.

Also, I'm not voting for myself because that's cheating.
  • edited January 2011
    Maybe in the first post you can post links to all the entries, because it's sorta hard to scan the thread for good entries, especially if you haven't been following the thread.
  • edited January 2011
    Did my best to collect all of the entries in one post. I put one picture each, since some people had multiple. If someone wants me to change something, let me know.

Gman5852
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2272&d=1294955842

Dash383535 (Am I blind because I couldn’t find his entry?)

lombre
    WoodlandHomestar.png

Awesomepantsman
    woodtroggiesmall.jpg

Klatuu
    5357847449_b4bd1aa5c2_z.jpg

mrpineapplehead
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2276&d=1295135396

mathman77 (picture is a link)
    panel1001.png

Steve the Pocket
    trogdor3.png

Kamilozo3
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2288&d=1295352294

Win_Diesel
    trogdorcontestentry.jpg

mattj375
    sb_wood.jpg

jeeno0142
    33e1xeu.jpg

divisionten
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2297&d=1295505649

Danboyland
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2299&d=1295506875
  • edited January 2011
    mathman77 wrote: »
    Did my best to collect all of the entries in one post. I put one picture each, since some people had multiple. If someone wants me to change something, let me know.

I tried to do a similar compilation but had brief descriptions plus links to the posts instead of the images themselves (apparently too many links that it was flagged for mod approval before appearing in the thread). I didn't see anything posted by one of the contestants either. Nice job pulling them all together and may the best creation win! :)
  • edited January 2011
    mattj375 wrote: »
    Nice job pulling them all together and may the best creation win! :)

Thanks, and good luck. I loved your entry! I'm surprised I already got a vote, which wasn't from me!

Now off to do a non-contest related cartoon.
  • edited January 2011
    I only have one vote:(
    And it was from me.
    This feels like student president all over again.
  • edited January 2011
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    I only have one vote:(
    And it was from me.
    This feels like student president all over again.

Funny, I won mine. I think it was my speech that floored them.
  • edited January 2011
    Huh, thought there would be more votes by now. I think it's safe to say Awesomepantsman won.
  • edited January 2011
    Huh, thought there would be more votes by now. I think it's safe to say Awesomepantsman won.

I wonder what'll happen if this ends in a mega-tie.
  • edited January 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    I wonder what'll happen if this ends in a mega-tie.

Dance off?
  • edited January 2011
    Dance off?

Oh hells no.
  • edited January 2011
    Dance off?

This dance contest is neither contesting nor dancing very well.
  • edited January 2011
    This dance contest is neither contesting nor dancing very well.

Guess I'll be checkin' emails and kickin' Cheats 'till the day I die.
  • edited January 2011
    I think I know how I'll get some votes....

*ahem*
    Vote for me and I'll not cry like a little girl give you.....um....some Grumblecakes. not
  • edited January 2011
    Last day of voting... and that's the biggest tie I've ever seen (stretches for dance-off)

Edit: Never mind
  • edited January 2011
    Wow if telltale counts ties as still 2nd place, Id be at 5th place.
    Considering up to fourth wins.
    DANG IT!
  • edited January 2011
    So... is the contest over? I know I've lost'd, but will it be official soon, so my last glimmer of hope will be crushed? :D
  • edited January 2011
    Mate, you haven't lost, although judging from the number of votes people have got this contest will be hard to judge for second. I really liked your entry Mathman.
  • edited January 2011
    52952.jpg
  • edited January 2011
    Mate, you haven't lost, although judging from the number of votes people have got this contest will be hard to judge for second. I really liked your entry Mathman.

Wow, back in the game! How the heck did Win_Diesel gather so many votes in a few hours?!?
  • edited January 2011
    By bugging some of my friends to vote for me :)
    Still, those actually are just 3 or 4 votes. I have no clue how I got the rest.
  • edited January 2011
    Win_Diesel wrote: »
    By bugging some of my friends to vote for me :)
    Still, those actually are just 3 or 4 votes. I have no clue how I got the rest.

I didn't know we could have done that! I would have gotten...1 more vote. :(
  • edited January 2011
    I didn't know we could have done that! I would have gotten...1 more vote. :(

Hurry, there's still time! ;)
  • edited January 2011
    C'mon, nobody wants fake Grumblecakes?
  • edited January 2011
    When exactly does this end? Isn't 12 pm on Jan 28th over already?
  • edited January 2011
    When exactly does this end? Isn't 12 pm on Jan 28th over already?

Yep. It should have closed by now. If it closed when it was supposed to, I would have lost. Now I'm not complaining it continued, but I hope they close it soon!
  • edited January 2011
    Wait, what? 18 votes?! :eek:
    Thank you guys ever so much.
  • edited January 2011
    Something seems fishy here...
  • edited January 2011
    Something seems fishy here...

I get your drift but I actually have no clue where those votes suddenly came from :/
  • edited January 2011
    I get your drift but I actually have no clue where those votes suddenly came from :/

Friends talking to friends, I assume.
  • edited January 2011
    Friends talking to friends, I assume.

18 votes, though? That's a lot of friends. o.0
  • edited January 2011
    If it's not closed now, it probably won't be until Monday. Let's hope Win_Diesel doesn't get 100 more votes before then :D
  • edited January 2011
    lombre wrote: »
    18 votes, though? That's a lot of friends. o.0

Yeah, that's rather unlikely. Maybe someone posted this in another forum??

Isn't there a way to see who has voted in this contest? I'd actually like to see where those votes came from myself.
  • edited January 2011
    Yeah, that's rather unlikely. Maybe someone posted this in another forum??

Isn't there a way to see who has voted in this contest? I'd actually like to see where those votes came from myself.

No. You can in some polls, but not this type. It's a contest, so they probably wanted it to be annonymous.
  • edited January 2011
    Even Dash383535 got a vote, and he didn't even post an entry!
  • edited January 2011
    Klatuu wrote: »
    Even Dash383535 got a vote, and he didn't even post an entry!

On top of that, he didn't even post at all! :D
  • edited January 2011
    Hate to be rude (but also hate being patient), but is this contest over yet? A post would be nice. Please?
  • edited January 2011
    Hate to be rude (but also hate being patient), but is this contest over yet? A post would be nice. Please?

I second this motion :)
  • edited January 2011
    I agree that the contest should be over now; I find it slightly annoying to have to still be checking this thread to see if I've officially won anything or not. If the period is to be extended, they should let us know until when.

Also, for the record, at the end of the official contest period on Friday, Awesomepantsman was in 1st. Myself and 2 others (Win_Diesel and divisionten, I believe - let me know if I am remembering wrong) were the next highest, tied at 5 votes a piece.
  • edited January 2011
    mattj375 wrote: »
    Also, for the record, at the end of the official contest period on Friday, Awesomepantsman was in 1st. Myself and 2 others (Win_Diesel and divisionten, I believe - let me know if I am remembering wrong) were the next highest, tied at 5 votes a piece.

That's right; but what about the others who gained votes to be in possible win territory (like me)? I can take the loss, although the unexpected extension kind of raised my hopes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.