The Devil's Playhouse Concept Art Petition

Many of the customers who received the "Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse" DVD were disappointed with the Concept Art Presented on the disk. The only concept art available were pictures that could just as easily be accessed from Telltale's press website, whereas the Sam and Max DVDs from the previous two seasons offered lots of extra concept art previously unseen outside of Telltale's offices. One employee at Telltale had this to say:
Jake wrote: »
Sorry that the concept selection is so skimpy this year. I didn't ever get a chance to look that over so i didn't know there were so few images included. I'll see if i can at least throw a few new images up on a thread here so people can look at some stuff.

This was roughly a month ago, and this thread has not appeared. Rather than let this fall by the wayside, I have decided to give the Telltale staff a friendly nudge from the consumers. Please sign to keep this thread at the forefront of their minds. Even if you have lost all hope of seeing the concept art and see this petition as a forlorn hope, post in this thread to say so. The point is to get people's attention and to show enough interest in the concept art. Let's accomplish this as the fantastic message board team we know we can be!

Sincerely,
The Queen Of The Lobsters

P.S. If it's not too much trouble, Telltale, please unlock the NutriSpecs for PC and Mac users.

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Yeah I'd like some more concept art, Telltale.

AKA signed.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed! I want to see as much as my poor eye's can stand!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed. Concept artworks were pretty much the sole reason why I ordered the DVD.
  • edited January 2011
    Also signed. :)
  • edited January 2011
    Signed.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed. Put www.snmsecretfile.com to use TellTale!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed. Bring on the arts.
  • edited January 2011
    While I agree wholeheartedly with this petition, I suspect that this "nudge" will work about as well as previous reminders to Telltale about loose ends have in the past, that is to say, not at all.
  • edited January 2011
    MOAR art > less art. Consider it signed.

But honestly, the TTG guys seem to have a LOT in their hands right now. BBTF, JP, the promised Season Three Soundtrack...
  • edited January 2011
    Signed!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed. :)
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited January 2011
    Signed.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed.
  • edited January 2011
    I love art... if they gathered a bunch of art spanning the three season and put out a nice high quality book... I would buy it.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed and I like Irish's idea, reminds me of the Megaman ______ Official Complete Works books.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed! I need art!
  • edited January 2011
    I need more, because my disc still hasn't arrived... :(
  • edited January 2011
    RobD wrote: »
    I need more, because my disc still hasn't arrived... :(

We all need more BECAUSE those whose discs have arrived are disappointed as much as you to because of the lack of concept artworks.

I really want to see more stuff from Ryan, really, especially his Sam and Max stuff. That was the reason why the idea of Season 3 DVD was special for me, even more than the first two season's DVDs. Well that, and Season 3 Blooper Reel but they're really damn short.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed!
  • edited January 2011
    I have a folder on my computer consisting of all the Season 1 and 2 concept art I could find.

I need Season 3 concept art.
  • edited January 2011
    Consider it signed!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed for Art.
    Signed for Specs.
    Signed for OST.
    Signed for Case File.

Where else do I need to sign? :p
  • edited January 2011
    Signed for Art.
    Signed for Specs.
    Signed for OST.
    Signed for Case File.

Where else do I need to sign? :p

Signature spot right under the part about Sam and Max plushies seems to be one signature empty...
  • edited January 2011
    Signed for Art.
    Signed for Specs.
    Signed for OST.
    Signed for Case File.

Signed for all of those too. Hopefully one of those things comes true.
  • edited January 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Signature spot right under the part about Sam and Max plushies seems to be one signature empty...
    Darn small letters...

*signed*
  • edited January 2011
    Signed for Art.
    Signed for Specs.
    Signed for OST.
    Signed for Case File.

I sign on all of those too.

I always thought it would be cool to have a case file that was a replica of The Devil's Toybox, inside having replications of all of Max's toys, (And maybe a few other goodies too.) Just a thought. (A though that would cost anywhere from $75-$300 dollars.)
  • edited January 2011
    Signed! I needs the concept art!!!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed! I would love to see concept art, too :D
  • edited January 2011
    Signed at all... Where else do i need to sign.
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12837&page=99
    Oh man! This reminds me of...

samdog.jpg

We started working on a "third, never before seen ending!" to the Devil's Playhouse, based on the Silent Hill 2 Dog Ending, as an easter egg on the DVD, where Sam turns into a dog at the controls in the clone chamber, then Max comes in and falls to his knees and says "so it was all your work!" in Japanese... but ran out of time. :( We didn't even get started beyond combining Sam and Franklin into a single character model.

The first chink in the wall has appeared. It will only be a matter of time before the dam breaks and concept art will flood and rehydrate this forum.
  • edited January 2011
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12837&page=99

The first chink in the wall has appeared. It will only be a matter of time before the dam breaks and concept art will flood and rehydrate this forum.

Everybody get out your pickaxes! We're bringing this thing down!
  • edited January 2011
    Signed! Yet I'm still yet to receive the DVD and stuff..
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2011
    Which pieces were on the DVD?
  • edited January 2011
    Which pieces were on the DVD?

Everything on the VIP site and nothing more. That is...
    Sal
    Papierwaite
    Skun-ka'pe
    The Museum
    Momma Bosco's Lab
    The Disorient Express (interior and exterior)
    Sameth and Maximus
    The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
    Kringle
    and The Devil's Toybox
  • edited January 2011
    This is the art on the disc.
  • edited January 2011
    Signed, I would like to see if any characters changed in design much :D
  • edited January 2011
    This is the art on the disc.

That's all!? Wow that is a downgrade compared to the previous seasons, also curious why Museum, Sal, etc, are tagged as 301, whilst 302 being tagged as Ep2, and then nothing after that.
  • edited February 2011
    Probably Sal, Papierwaite and the Museum were all tagged as 301 because Telltale originally thought of introducing them in that episode. They do show up in the trailer for The Devil's Playhouse, the same one featuring scenes from The Penal Zone and not much else. They did say on the DVD that most of The Tomb of Sammun-Mak was originally supposed to take place in the present, with just a short scene in the past, so Papierwaite probably was originally the eccentric curator who somehow appears in the past instead of the eccentric guy-who-holds-a-contest who doesn't appear in the present until the next episode.

Let's see some more signatures and comments, folks! I don't want to see this thread die until we get more concept art.
  • edited February 2011
    Art! Art! Art!

'fraid I already signed though.
This discussion has been closed.