Love you too Telltale!!

13»

Comments

• edited March 2007
    Well, I for my part HATE you Telltale!

I was supposed to work this weekend (correct my pupils' English tests) and now what???
    Now I have to play Episode 4 pronto!

I am not even sure if "pronto" is a real word, Sam!

Seriously, thanks for the game in advance, that's really a gigantic surprise!
    (at first I thought that was some clever spam in my mailbox, thought it couldn't be... :)
  • edited March 2007
    woohooooo!
  • edited March 2007
    Squeeeeeel! :)
  • edited March 2007
    Woho! Now I'm stuck once again! Awesome! Had forgotten the horrible feeling of having done everything, but still no progress! Ah, the good old days are here again!
  • edited March 2007
    Here I am, just another normal friday in my life. I check my e-mail - and there's Sam & Max just waiting for me!!! How do such things come to pass? I can't comprehend it all (that might be the beer)... Well, no time to chat... Gotta play!!!
  • edited March 2007
    Is it legal in SF to marry Gamestudios?
  • edited March 2007
    Hurrah to TellTale! I love you, man!
  • edited March 2007
    Good Lord, this has to be the fastest growing thread ever, anywhere! I would say thanks, but I already subscribed to Gametap aswell as buying Season 1. :p I just couldn't wait and there's other stuff on Gametap too.
  • edited March 2007
    Ah, it was so simple, yet I used a long time to find it out. Well, at least I'm done with the game! It was great! I thought I could somehow stop Lincoln by bombing Antarctica at earth day, and getting the masses of demonstrating people blocking the road, but that was not it!

This is my favourite episode, but I hope ep 5 will top this :) Oh, and my computer fan always goes crazy under the car chases. I don't know if that's somthing you can do anything about, but I wanted to mention it.
  • edited March 2007
    Hmm,

I see some of the gaming sites already have the demo of episode 4 available for download (unactivated season 1 download?)

I'm probably having high hopes believing that this demo will activate before March 8th?

Damn... just 3 days and I can't wait (or afford to buy the whole season at once!)
  • edited March 2007
    Anyway, the initial excitement is over. Should we expect Episode 5 say... next week? Telltale already got the ball rolling with releasing episodes sooner than expected so next week sounds great. What do you think? Hello? Is this thing on?
  • edited March 2007
    Dude! They just tested the epsiode. Give them at least two weeks to tweek it given the feedback.
  • edited March 2007
    So far, I've like episode 4 the best :) 3 is just right there behind it, I love the humour, music, voiceacting, theme, visual appearance... (you get the idea) in these games. Great job Telltale!
  • edited March 2007
    I think they released the episode earlier also to test the new anti-pirating system they applied on the latest episode. ;) It seems to make sense - "growing a pirate" and releasing the episode when the pirate is full size...

At least it doesn't look like anybody has managed to crack the latest episode yet, so if that was one of their intentions they now got a feather in the hat for a job well done(so far at least, we'll see if it gets cracked later) :)
  • edited March 2007
    What anti-pirating system? :/
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    What anti-pirating system? :/

The one they discussed heavily here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=18979

I thought perhaps they had updated the protection to a new kind of protection or upgraded to a new version of the protection, since the new episode haven't been cracked yet(the other were in general cracked within a day or two after the release.)
  • edited March 2007
    hopefully it stays that way..people need to buy this episode
  • edited March 2007
    Unfortunately, it's still only a matter of time. I think it took about a week before Situation Comedy was cracked, didn't it?
  • edited March 2007
    ShaggE wrote: »
    Unfortunately, it's still only a matter of time. I think it took about a week before Situation Comedy was cracked, didn't it?

Something like that. I remember for the first episode it took quite a while before I noticed the crack, on the second episode I think it took about 1 week before it was released. When I think of it, it was only on the third episode that the crack came just days after the game was released. But the longer the delay is, the better it is, because I don't want telltalegames to loose money on it.

I hope there will be a crack available for all the episodes when the season is over(or that the cd/dvd has a cd/dvd copy protection instead of a online activation protection) because it's annoying having to depend on somebody else to be able to enjoy this wonderful game series again later. Also, if know me correctly I probably want to re-play this game again later. I bet one day in 2017 I sit there and think "I really want to play those episodes again" just like I am with Sam & Max - Hit the road now. If I find the old dusty dvd from telltalegames 10 years from now, I don't want to bother with having to contact them to make sure they still can activate it for me. Maybe they have already moved on to other games, and can hardly remember why they agreed to still support this old game at that time. Oh yeah, and DRM makes me nervous. I don't want them on my computer, so I uninstall everything with DRM as soon as I am done with it.

Ops. I've started rambeling... :o
  • edited March 2007
    The first three episodes hit Usenet about 3 days after release IIRC. Didn't know about the 4th having enhanced piracy protection but that would explain why that isn't on Usenet now.

Before anyone asks I've paid for the whole season. Telltale deserve the money for their efforts and 3 days is too long a wait to play a new episode ;)
  • edited March 2007
    bpullen wrote: »
    The first three episodes hit Usenet about 3 days after release IIRC. Didn't know about the 4th having enhanced piracy protection but that would explain why that isn't on Usenet now.

Before anyone asks I've paid for the whole season. Telltale deserve the money for their efforts and 3 days is too long a wait to play a new episode ;)

I stand corrected :)

Yes, me too :) I gladly pay for them, I bought the whole season as well :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.