Puzzle Agent 2!

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Yay cant wait!! I want this game way more than all the others!
    Its simple, clever and fun. All the things a good adventure game should be.
    More like this please TTG
  • edited February 2011
    Glad you guys are giving Nelson the closure that Dale Cooper never got. ;) Very excited about this, absolutely loved the first game!
  • edited March 2011
    So glad this game is getting a sequel. Puzzle Agent is honestly one of my favourite games ever and absolutely up there with the Monkey Islands and Sam and Maxes.
  • edited March 2011
    jawohl!!!!
  • edited March 2011
    can you at least tell us what it is about
  • edited March 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    can you at least tell us what it is about

"Return to Scoggins" in the trailer is a pretty big hint.
  • edited March 2011
    shutupmoney.jpg
  • edited March 2011
    I have barely started the first one (I got stuck on the door puzzle, refused to take any hints, still refuse to take any hints, and have avoided the forums as a result to avoid getting spoiled... but I also haven't gone very far in the game as a result >.>) but I'm definitely thinking I'll buy the second one. I really liked the graphics and gameplay.

Puzzle games aren't really my thing, but... with the company going in all sorts of directions with the games, I want to show my support for the one I actually like.
  • edited April 2011
    Telltale mentioned that it is coming out this Spring. Isn't May summer? Or did they mean in 2012?
  • edited April 2011
    Can't wait for PA2! I'm not sure if this is just going to finish up the story or if it does well they'll keep making more but I'll be buying this right away and hoping for more Nelson!
  • edited April 2011
    I'm really looking forward to this! PA1 was a really good one, hoping TTG keep'em coming! Loved this type of Twin Peaks/X-files feeling, still it wasn't as scary as lots of other games are. I'm a bit like this girlfriends mentioned in this thread, and Puzzle Agent was a game that was perfectly balanced with both scare gnomes and beautiful drawings! Monkey Island, Wallace and Gromit and Puzzle Agent- what did I play before i found TTG?!
  • edited May 2011
    econojo wrote: »
    Telltale mentioned that it is coming out this Spring. Isn't May summer? Or did they mean in 2012?

Over here in Finland, May is spring. In England it's summer and Down under it's fall. So go figure...

According to the recent trend I think the game's just gonna pop out one day without a set release date. Could be this week or the next.
  • edited May 2011
    In he Northern hemisphere, Summer doesn't start until June (the 21st of June, more specifically, so even two thirds into June). May certainly isn't summer anywhere in the world.
  • edited May 2011
    Avistew wrote: »
    May certainly isn't summer anywhere in the world.

In UK summer begins mid May, in Ireland 1st of May, so that statement has been proven false. Anyway let's drop this subject and hope they stick to the promised (most of Northern hemisphere) spring release :)
  • edited May 2011
    The playtest invitation over last weekend should indicate that it's as good as finished. What's the usual timeframe from then? I think the date for TMI 103 was announced within a few days after for the week after that, wasn't it? My memory's rather blurry and holey.

You playtester peeps, you're going to remember better than anyone else! When on average do we get to download after the playtest you go in for?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    The playtest invitation over last weekend should indicate that it's as good as finished.

jumptoconclusions2xk14.jpg

It's coming along, though.
  • edited May 2011
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaweeeeeeeeeeeeesooooooooooooooomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I *LOVED* the first puzzle agent!
    And I literally jumped from my chair everytime the hidden people interrupted my puzzles.
    SCARY!
    So.... yeah. Can't wait for PA2.... Guess I'll even play the first one once more before release.... :D
  • edited May 2011
    Sorry, Jake. I feel like a kid at Christmas, the difference being I know what I'm getting but don't know when. Any teasers in the offing? Pleeeeaaaaase...
  • edited May 2011
    PainDealer wrote: »
    In UK summer begins mid May, in Ireland 1st of May, so that statement has been proven false. Anyway let's drop this subject and hope they stick to the promised (most of Northern hemisphere) spring release :)

Wait, some countries place equinoxes and solstices at different dates as others? That doesn't make sense.
  • edited May 2011
    Avistew wrote: »
    Wait, some countries place equinoxes and solstices at different dates as others? That doesn't make sense.

Meh... meteorology not astronomy!
  • edited May 2011
    Meh... meteorology not astronomy!

No clue what you mean by that.
    Anyways, I checked an encyclopedia before writing my first post and it never mentioned that some countries did it differently, only specified the dates of equinoxes and solstices and explained that's what seasons are. I assumed it was a global consensus since that's also how it was taught to me.
    Wikipedia though does specify that not all countries do it the same way (at least the English one does. Haven't checked the French one). It seems pretty weird to me (like deciding on definitions for day and night that have nothing to do with whether the sun is up or not) but it seems I was wrong! (So is my French encyclopedia).

Still, it makes sense for Telltale to give deadlines that match the place where they are, not other places in the world. Doesn't mean they can't miss them, but they don't miss them based on other parts of the world (just like with their release dates being that day for them, not for Australia or Europe).
    So Ireland's summer starting on the 1st of May, although interesting, is still as irrelevant as Australia's starting in December (they do follow the seasons I know, don't they?)

This reminds me of an anecdote. When I was a kid I thought that seasons, like months, just kept the same names in the Southern hemisphere as they do in the Northern, but that summer was cold and winter was hot.
  • edited May 2011
    I was a bit wrong about the Irish seasons, my knowledge is based on a 9 month stay on the Emerald Island. Over there summer begins 1st of May on calendar, but Met Eireann says it's June, July and August (like everywhere else). You're a bit off with the astronomical definition of the seasons. Solstices and equinoxes are in the middle of a season, not the beginning. So that would make the start of summer halfway between spring equinox and summer solstice. Astronomically, TTG missed the deadline but by meteorology they are still on.
  • edited May 2011
    You're a bit off with the astronomical definition of the seasons.

Apparently, in some cultures, you're right!
    The solstices, together with the equinoxes, are connected with the seasons. In some cultures they are considered to start or separate the seasons, while in others they fall nearer the middle.

The way I was taught, they start them. So while the day might change from one year to the next, generally Spring starts on the 20th of March, Summer on the 21st of June, Fall on the 22nd of September and Winter on the 21st of December. However we tend to just say the 21st for all even though it's generally around it only.
  • edited May 2011
    will PA2 come out soon
  • edited May 2011
    seibert999 wrote: »
    will PA2 come out soon

We'll get some information and details at E3 on this, I'm 99.9% positive.
  • edited June 2011
    Release date is on the site:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/puzzleagent2
  • edited June 2011
    Bryko614 wrote: »
    Release date is on the site:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/puzzleagent2

Yep, June 30!

And we have a cool contest starting today where you can enter to win early access to the FULL Puzzle Agent 2 game about two weeks before it actually launches to the rest of the world!

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-829
  • edited June 2011
    Preordered and contest entry sent!
    Can we submit more than one contest entry?
  • edited June 2011
    Drat, I had some really witty captions - then I re-read the instructions and discovered they have to tell a story. :(
  • edited June 2011
    i got it :D
  • edited June 2011
    Drat, I had some really witty captions - then I re-read the instructions and discovered they have to tell a story. :(
    Same thing happened to me.

As you can tell from my username, I'm super excited for the 30th (unless I win the contest, then sooner).
  • edited June 2011
    Gladly pre-ordered it. I absolutely adored the first game.
  • edited June 2011
    I like the poster and it's the first TT production i'm interested in since S&MS3.

Honestly i don't expect the story to be interesting, most probably more of the ususal tell a little bit more about this, on the other side leave that unanswered, just these neverending things without a real story behind but i expect the puzzles to be more interesting than in part 1.

I still have Controller Mate and Language Switcher installed, so i hope it at least will be playable with these helpers on the Mac.
  • edited June 2011
    I preordered instantly, but can't find the game on my account. Shouldn't there be at least a placeholder or something until the game will be released?
  • edited June 2011
    I wasn't sure which thread to post this in, but here's some gameplay footage from e3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWPzVLlwd3U
  • edited June 2011
    This contest releasing the game 2 weeks early - I was under the impression that Telltale works on their games up to the very last minute, making sure everything is as good as it can be. Why have a finished product just hanging out for 2 weeks before release? Just for a little contest?
  • edited June 2011
    Maybe to give it some time to be ready for other platforms as well, Steam maybe?

Maybe the english version is ready only and they still add some loco loca?

Maybe they are just mean beeings?

Maybe ...
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Armand1880 wrote: »
    This contest releasing the game 2 weeks early - I was under the impression that Telltale works on their games up to the very last minute, making sure everything is as good as it can be. Why have a finished product just hanging out for 2 weeks before release? Just for a little contest?

App store submission for iOS, I think.

That and, like taumel said, we're mean beings.
  • edited June 2011
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110910-E3-Puzzle-Agent-2
    For completionists, there are two different endings, which should give Puzzle Agent 2 a little bit of replay value.

Sweet!
  • edited June 2011
    @Jake
    I somehow prefer mean over boring beings, keep up the good work! A bee to be.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.