Will this still be an adventure game?

2»

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I seem to remember that you could play through Silent Hill 2 like an adventure game. Apparently you could turn off the action elements, and turn up puzzle difficulty. Maybe they should do something like this?
  • edited July 2011
    I have the feeling this game would be pretty easy. Killing zombies would be based on quicktime events, the story would be linear. The dialog would be stilted and overabundant with little input from the player. It won't be an adventure game, you won't have an inventory. It would be one of those cinematic experience games, the interactive movie-type, aimed at casual gamers, who only need 1 button and NPCs that constantly tell them what to do. The graphics would be mediocre, but that's not something I care about. The voice acting would be good. IT would be faithful to the comics, but won't be anything that stands on it's own. People would love it, because it's linked to something good, not because it's something good.
    I believe that's the type of game we'd get. Don't expect anything more.
  • edited February 2012
    If Wikipedia is to be believed PQAs are the only kind of game Telltale makes or will ever make.
  • edited February 2012
    RD, What you describe sounds a bit like Deadstate- the upcoming RPG from Double Bear.

http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/

Not sure if you're an RPG type, but this game caught my interest.

Forget Deadstate, it sounds more like Project Zomboid to me.
  • edited February 2012
    I wouldn't hold my breath for deadstate its been going for like 3 years and they haven't given a proper update since octo 2010.

The last pictures updates given was the developers cat lol
  • edited February 2012
    Ja1862 wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold my breath for deadstate its been going for like 3 years and they haven't given a proper update since octo 2010.

You surely meant November 2011.
  • edited February 2012
    What update did they give?

The only updates I've seen since the pics they released ages ago are walls of text and cat picks and a gun pic I think.

For agame that's been going for 3 or 4 years now it doesn't seem like its coming and have yet to release a update that makes me believe differently. They said in december more in game pics would be coming during the following month and nothing came, but I left the site ages ago so. I hardly go on it anymore, so I might have missed updates with new pictures and gameplay.

But id be very happy to see it come out, and hope that it does.

Imo project zomboid is something to be watching its next update does a lot of what dead state said it would be doing with npcs and the things they have planned make it seem like a zombie game die hard fans have beem waiting for!

Its going to be great.
This discussion has been closed.