A Petition, and Protest, Against This Game.

edited February 2011 in The Walking Dead
This thread has been made as the start of a petition and protest against the proposed production of an adaptation of "The Walking Dead." With all of its games to date, the truly wonderful people at TellTale Games have focused squarely on games which are suitible for most, sometimes all, ages.
But, with this proposed game, TTG considers to waste part of their creative resources on producing a survive-the-zombies-and-watch-the-gore-game.
I understand that TTG is a business and therefore must consider all options. I also understand that they have already begun the game design process. However, I still post the beginning of what I hope will be a long list of people against against what might be TTG's first horrid game.
Note: The poll above is designed to show the specific, main reason that made each individual sign by posting below.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Ok first off, why the hell would you post a thread protesting against the game on the game forum DEDICATED TO THE GAME.

Secondly, if you don't like it then don't buy it! :mad:
  • edited February 2011
    Uh. What about CSI?
  • edited February 2011
    To Nintendo Boy1:
    I thought this place was the proper place for this post.
    The whole reason that I started this thing was that the source material of this porposed game is totally opposite of the wonderful, fun, approachable games that TTG has made in the past.
    Seriously, now how to you quickly switch from making Monkey Island, BttF and JP to making a game based on a disturbing comic? (Sam & Max was/always be a comic, but those were/are great to begin with. The WD is just bad to begin with.)
  • edited February 2011
    Telltale has never been kid friendly only.
    They never once said that.
    Even Nintendo makes a few M rated games every once and a while.
    That and explain CSI
  • edited February 2011
    Gumbyfan wrote: »
    To Nintendo Boy1:
    I thought this place was the proper place for this post.
    The whole reason that I started this thing was that the source material of this porposed game is totally opposite of the wonderful, fun, approachable games that TTG has made in the past.
    Seriously, now how to you quickly switch from making Monkey Island, BttF and JP to making a game based on a disturbing comic? (Sam & Max was/always be a comic, but those were/are great to begin with. The WD is just bad to begin with.)

Well I understand your concern but I have to level with you. I HIGHLY doubt they'll stop production on it because of one petty protest thread against it. No offense.
  • edited February 2011
    Well I understand your concern but I have to level with you. I HIGHLY doubt they'll stop production on it because of one petty petition that only one person has signed is against it. No offense.

fixed.
  • edited February 2011
    This may have changed since I last checked, but CSI has been removed from the TTG store.

Also, even if I am the only one to ever sign it, I am glad that I brought my deep concerns out into view.
  • edited February 2011
    This may have changed since I last checked, but CSI has been removed from the TTG store.

Also, even if I am the only one to ever sign it, I am glad that I brought my deep concerns out into view.

Ok I do see that CSI is no longer sold by telltale, but telltale does not have to make only family games, heck Ive never thought of sam and max as a family game(because max's presidential speech was so family orientated)
  • edited February 2011
    Is this thread serious?
    If you don't like it, simply don't buy it!
    What's the problem????
  • edited February 2011
    They don't make games for kids, the make games without excluding kids.

... Except on this case. But kids will play it anyways, probably.
  • edited February 2011
    When Telltale was smaller, they made games that were the employees specialities. Now that they have grown, the have a more diverse expertise and have enough employees to work in sub-teams (like EA, who works on a bucket-load of games at once.)
  • edited February 2011
    I think this whole thread is nothing but a troll attempt!
  • edited February 2011
    This thread has been made as the start of a petition and protest against the proposed production of an adaptation of "The Walking Dead." With all of its games to date, the truly wonderful people at TellTale Games have focused squarely on games which are suitible for most, sometimes all, ages.

Most media companies make media suitable for different target groups. Ubisoft, for example, makes a lot of that imagine babies stuff, while still making games for the older demographic such as Assassin's Creed. I'm not sure why this is such a problem.
    But, with this proposed game, TTG considers to waste part of their creative resources on producing a survive-the-zombies-and-watch-the-gore-game.

As countless people have mentioned before, the thing that sets Walking Dead apart from the typical zombie story is that it's centered more around the characters rather than SHOOT SHOOT KILL THE ZEDS. Zombies are more of a catalyst for the problems in the story rather than the main focus.

The reason why CSI isn't listed in the store is because of the licensing agreement, not because of some moral quandary.

oh yeah- and how is sam and max high brow?
  • edited February 2011
    Have you actually read the Walking Dead?
  • edited February 2011
    Lucien21 wrote: »
    Have you actually read the Walking Dead?

I actually just read a few comics and I must agree here. In the last one I saw, only 2 things(they are never called zombies I've noticed) appeared at all, and the plot still drove along just fine, so killing zombies wouldnt be the whole game, if that was the case, I'd go buy L4D.
  • edited February 2011
    IM really looking forward to The Walking Dead... don't worry its not like they are going to stop making games like Sam and Max completely
  • SynSyn
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for posting a poll that represents both sides of the issue.
  • edited February 2011
    Signed.

I just don't like the franchise. Wish they were willing to use their effort for something that actually worths something. Like Monkey Island 6.

TrollFace.png
  • edited February 2011
    I'm probably not gonna buy it but I wouldn't sign a petition to try and get it to stop being made cos its pointless and selfish to think TTG should revolve around one persons likes.
  • edited February 2011
    To the OP: If you really want to protest against TTG's Walking Dead game, it's simple: Don't buy it. That's the best you can do.

It's announced, they're making it, they're selling it. If you don't like that fact, then don't buy the game.
  • edited February 2011
    "Its past "High-brow" games."
    Really? You're kidding, right?
  • edited February 2011
    Falanca wrote: »
    Signed.

Trying too hard. Not even mad, bro.
  • edited February 2011
    This thread is just completely ridiculous. i'm closing it.
This discussion has been closed.