Please have a pre-order bonus for Puzzle Agent 2 on Steam.

I was a little disappointed when Steam didn't have the Back to the Future pre-order bonus of the first Puzzle Agent like ordering through Telltale did. Maybe a free copy of PA1 when you pre-order PA2 that you can keep or gift to a Steam friend? It would raise awareness of the series (through gifting) & Steam users get some pre-order incentive.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Bump because of relevance.
  • edited June 2011
    Just for your information, Telltale gets more revenue from you buying the game from their own store instead of Steam (if they are priced the same in both places). So they have good incentive not to have the same bonuses for Steam purchases.
  • edited June 2011
    Just don't have the 10% off on Steam.
  • edited June 2011
    Or do a TF2 hat so everyone buys it.
  • edited June 2011
    A gnome hat and beard combo would be cool.
  • edited June 2011
    When you buy one of Telltale's games off the Telltale Store, they get to keep all the money (well, besides what they have to give to whoever owns the game's license). When you buy one of Telltale's games off Steam, a portion of the money goes to Valve.

Of course Telltale gives incentives for you to use the Telltale Store. They make more money that way. Wouldn't you do the same thing? I doubt Telltale will ever give an incentive to use Steam over their store outside of TF2 items.

...Although Nelson Tethers' hat in TF2 would be pretty cool.
  • edited June 2011
    When you buy one of Telltale's games off the Telltale Store, they get to keep all the money (well, besides what they have to give to whoever owns the game's license). When you buy one of Telltale's games off Steam, a portion of the money goes to Valve.

Of course Telltale gives incentives for you to use the Telltale Store. They make more money that way. Wouldn't you do the same thing? I doubt Telltale will ever give an incentive to use Steam over their store outside of TF2 items.

...Although Nelson Tethers' hat in TF2 would be pretty cool.

I like Telltale as much as Valve. That's why I buy off Steam usually.
  • edited June 2011
    I bought poker night from telltale and got a code for TF2,
    did steam get a cut of that money?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Steam customers do get PA1 for free, either to keep or to gift to a friend, just like Telltale customers.
  • edited June 2011
    So when does the game go up on Steam? I've never gotten a Telltale game on Steam besides Poker Night.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.