What i'd like to see in Season 2!

edited June 2007 in Sam & Max
With season 2 of sam and max confirmed a few thoughts of what i'd liked to see crawled in to my editable and unwashed brain!

I'd really want to see:

- Flint paper! where the heck was he? i know they had to introduce new characters but we havent seen flint paper since the original game. So want to see him as a recurring character from the second season onwards!

- I heard that Purcell was once working on a sam and max comic about max being shot and replaced by a monkey. If prucell isnt planning on finishing it they could use it as a seperate story that links up with the rest. Just an idea.

That's all i can think of so far, what do you guys think?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    More girls!
  • edited March 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    More girls!

More girls? But we already have Sybil and... and... Whizzer?

:(
  • edited March 2007
    But Max doesn't even LIKE girls!
  • edited March 2007
    fhqwhgads wrote: »
    But Max doesn't even LIKE girls!

Just bunnies... there is a magazin full of them.
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah I second Flint Paper.. if they could get steve to write a monkey episode..and get Mike Stemmle to write another episode that would be pretty kool. rubber pants commandos and mack salmon showing up would be great also.
  • edited March 2007
    I actually really would like to see some kind of map or more maplike-interfaces--the calendar in Episode 4 or the cooking ingredients in Episode 2 for example. Instead of Max asking you who you're going to call, there's a map or rolodex with images for White House, Sybil, etc. Of course a map when driving the car would be pretty cool, except it might look like overkill when there are very few locations that you can visit.

(I think I might just not like Max asking "Where are we going, Sam?" or "Who are you calling, Sam?" Imagine Max asking what day we should change the date to, or what ingredient should we put in next...)
  • edited March 2007
    ICBM's! Oh wait, they just did that. How about Sam & Max in space?
  • edited March 2007
    Here's a strange idea: a pair of very different episodes that take place simultaneously. In one, you play as Sam, and in the other, you play as Max. They could have the two splitting up are working seperately, but whatever the case, the two games should feature very different points of view. Perhaps such a concept could be crammed all into a single episode.
  • edited March 2007
    ooooh, that's a really neat idea! but that sounds like a bigger project than just a regular Sam&Max series.

I'd like to see some better villains! Brady Culture was kind of lame, Myra was more a parody of talk show hosts than a real threat, and
    Chuckles was the one behind the goings-on with the Toy Mafia, so he didn't have much screentime in the third game

The giant rampaging marble statue of Abe Lincoln was closer to the usual wacky standards of Sam & Max antagonists, but I'm hoping for guys like Lactose, the Intolerant; Larvo; the giant moon roaches; the Beast from Central Aisle; maybe Lorne: The Friend for Life. I can't think of any others just now, but those people almost managed to seriously endanger our heroes and were still funny.
  • edited March 2007
    I thought they just said they were considering Season 2? :/
  • edited March 2007
    AdamG wrote: »
    I thought they just said they were considering Season 2? :/

And so are we!

OK, three words:

Time tra vel. Having the duo meet themselves as old people... Or cubs... (I just love the kid-versions of them in the sketchbook!) Or just meeting themselves from 5 minutes before.

Ah, which gives me another idea: A kid-episode! Sam & Max solving their first case as cubs...

Obviously people here are eager to get something more crazy than just a crime-sitcom.
  • edited March 2007
    Time tra vel. Having the duo meet themselves as old people... Or cubs... (I just love the kid-versions of them in the sketchbook!)
    Yes, that'd be cool... Sam & Max as little kids are just too cute!
  • edited March 2007
    I love time travel and character switching. Sam or Max (just one) should get sent to the past, and the one in the past should have to work with the one in the present to get back to the future!
    (I just played Day of the Tentacle, can you tell?)
  • edited March 2007
    In the cartoon series they were kids in an episode, and in another they grew older and older. (Sam was all wrinkled up and saggy, Max was spotty and hunched over with a cane and a long beard.)
  • edited March 2007
    Does anyone consider the cartoon canon, perchance?
  • edited March 2007
    I was just watching the intro from episode 4 again, and I think Season 2 would deserve a new credits-sequence. Maybe an intro along the lines of most sitcom-intros, with "footage" from the previous season(s)! So, having the best moments from Season 1 being replayed in a more cinematic way (and not the "gameplay-looking-at-it-from-the-side"-way) and maybe some crazy stuff from the machinimas, cut together in the sitcom-way (and varying from episode to episode). That's my proposal. Do that.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    That might explode the game. That might be awesome though. I had a more elaborate idea for what to do with the season 1 intro, but we ran out of time and ended up just going with the driving. I think it worked out really well, and was a nice reference back to past Sam & Max stuff, but there's potential for far cooler stuff.
  • edited March 2007
    Well the E3 announcement/trailer looked like a good idea of something like that--driving through a vortex while different Maxs float/fly by--something more elaborate could involve scenes from the past somehow.
    edited March 2007
    The only issue with that is that an intro involving scenes from the past requires a LOT of 3D data - lots of past sets, all flying by in rapid succession. It could explode. I wanted to push the 60s spy movie silhouette thing further for season 1, but the idea of doing a Laverne & Shirley type thing was also brought up at one point... so, heh, you never know what'll happen in the future.
  • edited March 2007
    Can't cheat and just play pre-rendered/pre-made video? I guess filesize constraints come into play...
    edited March 2007
    I couldn't say definitively how that would best work because I have no idea :) ... but there's no pre-rendered anything in Sam & Max yet, and I doubt there would be in the near future.
  • edited March 2007
    So the opening credits sequence is in real-time 3D?
    Why, then, is it not interactive? :p
  • edited March 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »

Pre-scripted versus pre-rendered is my bet.
  • edited March 2007
    I think basically what a Season 2 would need is simply to be bigger and better. Since it would be established by then, er is now, as a success, you could put a couple more people on the project which would allow for more things to be done.

It might sound unimportant, but implementing a city map into Season 2 that pops up when Max asks "Where are we going?" would be a nice way to at the very least make the game feel more open, even if the map's only purpose was to make you have to click on the destination before Sam would say where you're going when there's just one destination.

Adding a place that's always visitable in every episode that's away from the main neighborhood would give the map creedence. Kind of like the map from Hit the Road, and the gas station. The map could be drawn in typical Sam & Max fashion on maybe an old burger wrapper from a fast food place or on the dashboard.

There's that resteraunt way over on the extreme right of the neighborhood too. That could always open in Season 2, and introduce a new character(s). A resteraunt would make for an interesting setting. :D
  • edited March 2007
    And as with a lot of TV-series there's always the chance of... *drumroll*... "Sam & Max: Freelance Police - The Movie" (or in this case "The Full-Length Game")!

But let's stick to more episodes first.
    AdamG wrote: »
    There's that resteraunt way over on the extreme right of the neighborhood too. That could always open in Season 2, and introduce a new character(s). A resteraunt would make for an interesting setting. :D

Yeah, and you can meet your informant over there... or just order some "really bad food", as the sign says.
  • edited March 2007
    Yeah, that would be cool! :D
  • edited March 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I couldn't say definitively how that would best work because I have no idea :) ... but there's no pre-rendered anything in Sam & Max yet, and I doubt there would be in the near future.

Hey, i know you guys are at early development if development have started at all for the 2nd season but i got a question...

what are the chances of you guys bringing are loveable flint paper as a reaccuring character in the 2nd season. I was really sad that you didnt include him in the 1st season. Dont get me wrong i love the 1st season so far and it's one of my favourite point and click games and yes i have played most of the lucasarts games when i was younger. Just really really curious and really miss that character. :cool:
  • edited March 2007
    Use the "salmonax" character.. I think he would make a good villain for an episode, and I dont recall him ever having much exposure in the sam and max universe (comics, cartoons, etc) before...

Also, many games have had fun with the "advent" magic words "xyzzy" and "plugh".. Perhaps max could find some 5 letter character wheel thingy (like that thing in the davinci code) that was related to the main quest, but if you move the letters to say xyzzy (instead of whatever word is needed to be entered as part of the main quest), then you are instantly transported back to the office, for example, without all that pesky driving.. Would have been handy in episode 4 :)
    Plugh could also do something funny.

Cheers,

Pete
  • MelMel
    edited March 2007
    ...but the idea of doing a Laverne & Shirley type thing was also brought up at one point... so, heh, you never know what'll happen in the future.

Laverne and Shirley?? Reading that I keep picturing Max with a big 'M' on his chest and Sam & Max with their arms around each other skipping down the sidewalk. :D

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! Schlemiel! Schlemazl! Hasenpfeffer Incorporated!"
    edited March 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »

I ask myself that every day. I also ask why it wasn't a song and dance routine with 30 desotos doing synchronized swimming-like stunt-driving maneuvers while barreling down the freeway at 200 miles per hour. Then I remember "it's because we built it in two days!" I think it came out pretty well, though. A lot of people were pleasantly surprised by it when they first loaded up the game, and in my book that's a success.
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    what are the chances of you guys bringing are loveable flint paper as a reaccuring character in the 2nd season. I was really sad that you didnt include him in the 1st season. Dont get me wrong i love the 1st season so far and it's one of my favourite point and click games and yes i have played most of the lucasarts games when i was younger. Just really really curious and really miss that character. :cool:

Aww...come on....no one even LIKES Flint Paper. (You only think you do).

:p
    edited March 2007
    ... I like him :(

ah kew yew
  • edited March 2007
    Heatherlee wrote: »
    Aww...come on....no one even LIKES Flint Paper. (You only think you do).

:p

please tell me your joking lol :p

Not liking flint paper is like not liking sam and max since he's a more exteme version of them... if that's possible :D :cool:
  • edited March 2007
    ... I like him :(

ah kew yew

lol, i'm bugging you for answers! :D

so is there a very large chance of him being a proper recurring character in season 2

give it to me straight doc! :cool:
  • edited March 2007
    Who is Flint Paper?
    edited March 2007
    snmflint.jpg

Aww, I spelled "kih" wrong :(
  • edited March 2007
    Well, it's from a Sam & Max comic afterall, so I guess I'd have to like 'em! :p
  • edited March 2007
    I would love to see Flint Paper in season 2. He is so... brutal :D
  • edited March 2007
    I'd love to see Max naked! Oh.. :p
  • edited March 2007
    id love to see sam and/or max show his teeth in a "i am going to eat your head" kind of way............. or give max a chick
Sign in to comment in this discussion.