I've changed my mind...

2»

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2012
    Megaace wrote: »
    Sorry Telltale, I'll give my money to Double Fine Adventure project...

I hope our game makes you come around eventually, as it's a pretty different zombie game, but either way there is no reason to apologize for giving money to the Double Fine Adventure!
  • edited February 2012
    If it were an adventure game, I'd be all about it. As of now, I have no intention of buying this game.
  • edited February 2012

...and you!
  • edited February 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »

...and you!

Hey me too! (Eventually...)
  • edited February 2012
    Falanca wrote: »
    I am aware that it's different from many other zombie related fictional stories. I'm not comparing The Walking Dead with them. What I do take into account is, in fact, the aspects that make this one unique, and then I put up the balls to say that those aspects aren't that original to begin with, in order to be able to carry the theme of zombies with itself. Mainly, what I'm saying is, this is another disaster movie story with more perspective on anything other than the disaster itself. I don't like this approach; it's not what really matters in this conversation, but there be it.

I only exposed myself to the part of the franchise which did not require me to cruise through one continent to another, and by that I mean I only watched the show, which I'm aware it's not that faithful to the original material. Yet still it's not enough excuse for me to go to the Europe half of Istanbul, kick the door on the only store I know that sells imported comic books, and buy some heavily taxed comic books of that title. Or, well, download scans of it, perhaps...

I'd try, but first I'd like to know why in the hell I was looking for spesifically Chanbara in a fiction. Plus I'm mainly talking about the original trilogy. Maybe the other three movies made a good job at delivering good fighting sequences and I'll give them that, but in the original three the real perspective was on the rebels rather than the last Jedi of the universe, who happened to fight in a pretty pansy-like fashion, waving around lampshades and all. And you know what, it's the number one thing that bothered me in the movies. I don't mean it like "where are the awesome duels, man?", given the technology and the safety of actors I guess they couldn't do much of a thing anyway, but the philosophy of the Jedi and the force (ESPECIALLY the force) which was shoved into our faces, telling us what's good and what's evil without giving any reasoning behind such ethics. Okay so, Emperor is bad alright? He's dominating the galaxy with the power to kill in massive amounts. That's an evil thing to do I guess, although we haven't seen the usage of this power against anything other than the rebellion itself that has a beef with it, but it's just something to be resolved in the movies that comes later anyway, so can't bitch about it yet. Then suddenly, there comes the talk about "dark side of the force" and its much more conservative and less hot sister, uhh, the other side of it; and it goes on there, pointing out bland VAUGENESS about the differences between the sides and how the main protagonist should be wary of the dark side's power. So I guess Sith has better mind trick powers, maybe, but it's only puppet mastery rather than a real "decision". You don't choose it, you're forced to choose it, and the irony will bite you somehow here and there. How does being angry at one point can turn you evil, make you willing to betray your friends and rule the universe? If the willingness of evil really comes from the puppet mastery of the Emperor, won't killing him solve the situation? Then why did he say his presence was unimportant and evil will continue to carry on even if Luke killed him? Then it's not just a simple, powerful mind trick of Emperor. It ends up in the individual and it's his decision. Can't good just be angry? Why not, it's in their rights? "I'm angry at you, I'm trying to kill you, but it's force, so... I'm turning into one of you". The only force I see there is the pushing of the vague meaning of that "force" and how it's put there to fill the plotholes with crap. And Vader just decides on shit, then suddenly becomes good again in a minute, as if he was THAT evil. He only did three evil things; sucking Emperor's wrinkly dick, carbonite-izing Han Solo which didn't KILL HIM ANYWAY, and sissy lightsaber nudging with his son (and, well, slicing his hand off). And then movie not only redeems Vader, now Anakin, good again, but actually introduces him as a completely different person than its dark counterpart. Why? Does force have such a sense of humor so that turns Jedi to each other by randomly selecting people "you, try dominating the galaxy, you, go against him" without much reasoning (at least not "enough" reasoning anyway, since that reasoning + all the things he and Emperor planned, built and worked on was outweighted on the scale instantly by Emperor doing the electric boogaloo on Luke) other than "well, it's dark, so you do evil"? It does not add up. Vader may have his own other reasons but why should Luke bow down to evil, by destroying evil but destroying it while being angry? IT DOES NOT ADD UP. I had to watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit after that trilogy to regain my metasanity. And it's just ONE thing I'm bitching about. I have many, and I already produced a huge fucking rant which is COMPLETELY irrelevant to the topic. Do not do that again, thank you.

It's all about being open minded. I like things I probably shouldn't.
  • edited February 2012
    Speaking of which, when's the next volume supposed to be out?
    Amazon uk have it down for 19th June, but I hope that's just a placeholder.
  • edited February 2012
    Do we have any sort of prices yet or is it still classified info?
  • edited March 2012
    I think WD is interesting because they're focused on human being.
    In situations that make you think: "What should I do in this case?" "What if I was Rick?" "What if my girlfriend becomes a zombie?".
  • edited March 2012
    yep walking dead more about surviving the aftermath of a zombie apocolips as you get further and further into the series your start to relize just how much zombies are not the key factor around the story but rather the people and the jerks they run across as they try and survive zombies just become a chore and a nuisense and part of everyday life for the survivors.
  • edited March 2012
    they should make a settlers game with zombies. you got your little delapadated town and a few folk to build it up while every now and then a wave (or herd) of zombies come through town and you have to survive. also new people arrive and other gangs come to attack your town also. you can go out foraging for food and supplies and weapons.

that would be awesome.
  • edited April 2012
    Just saying I for one will be buying it, not because it just another Zombie Game. But Because it has the Title of The Walking Dead.

I hope that there are multiple season that go past the current 5 episodes being released. I'm a die-hard fan of the series and having it take place from a different persons eyes make it much more appealing to me.

Taletell you have my money hehe
This discussion has been closed.