Anticipation/Doubt

Comments

• edited March 2011
    I have Anticipation/Doubt about this thread.
  • edited March 2011
    Guys, Honestly..this is coming from me, probably one of the most lax people on this site. If someone has the best interest for all of us, I don't think we should crucify them or anything, and this King's Quest forums are in need of a lot of work right now, and I think that with all this arguing, and what not about the game...and people disputing it. I think that we all need to take a chill pill and what not because most of the threads I've read on here, are angered and geared towards TTG like they don't know what they are doing, or how can they do this to our childhood, but seriously this anticipation and flaming need to stop, is this the entire section of kings quest forum no, but it does need to stop and we all need to stop arguing and bickering about the game, it's going to happen, and people will be disappointed and that's a fact of life..your not going to love everything about a game, but we seriously need to stop this bickering and hate towards TTG on this.
  • edited March 2011
    zounds! wrote: »
    I have Anticipation/Doubt about this thread.
    Hahaha.
  • edited March 2011
    Indeed! Cancel the game at once! :rolleyes:

wait you want me to kill my dog? But I don't even have a dog.
  • edited March 2011
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    wait you want me to kill my dog? But I don't even have a dog.

Pick up the Moon!? are you nuts!?
  • edited March 2011
    I think after seeing BTTF, my ''excitement'' has gone to ''cautious optimism.''
  • edited March 2011
    It wasn't cool or anything to make the poll private but man lol Alan is being taken out to the woodshed for it.

Personally I'm extremely excited for the game and will be buying 10 copies, which I will then give to children and lie to them saying it was the first and only true King's Quest. I will also spit in the faces of the ones who loved Sierra, for I am a LucasArts crusader.

Then I will burn down an orphanage.
  • edited March 2011
    Our friendship has ceased, PK. :D
  • edited March 2011
    I love the tags for this thread by the way.
  • edited March 2011
    PariahKing wrote: »
    It wasn't cool or anything to make the poll private but man lol Alan is being taken out to the woodshed for it.

Well it was misuse of power. I guess our reaction is quite normal.
    Personally I'm extremely excited for the game and will be buying 10 copies, which I will then give to children and lie to them saying it was the first and only true King's Quest. I will also spit in the faces of the ones who loved Sierra, for I am a LucasArts crusader.
    Please give one of these copies to me.
    Then I will burn down an orphanage.
    I shall help you with that one. I hate orphanages. And puppies. Are we going to burn a puppy too? Please say we do!
  • edited March 2011
    Our friendship has ceased, PK. :D
    I'm enjoying being the one guy, you know, that guy: "I totally either disliked/hated most King's Quest games, and will love to play and will buy the bastardized, Lucasarts rip off and totally enjoy it as the rest of you cry."
    Well it was misuse of power. I guess our reaction is quite normal.
    not the precious internet civil liberties!!

there was a proper "hey man wtf reaction" but perhaps devs post less here because people go absolutely batshit on them for simple stuff, if you were alan would you post more or less because people decided to accuse you of a grand conspiracy involving poll rigging (like that would even affect anything)

get mad sure but man don't overreact
    you will need to be brainwashed first to forget all you know about kq so the lies may infect your brain
    I shall help you with that one. I hate orphanages. And puppies. Are we going to burn a puppy too? Please say we do!
    If it catches fire we can burn it
  • edited March 2011
    I personally don't care who knows what I voted where. However, I can see how it could lead to problems for some, so maybe it was just an honest mistake, and people shouldn't get angry over it.
  • edited March 2011
    I personally don't care who knows what I voted where. However, I can see how it could lead to problems for some, so maybe it was just an honest mistake, and people shouldn't get angry over it.

But these are the KQ forums, anger is the daily special every day.
  • edited March 2011
    Not for me - I am here for love, peace, understanding and a chocolate chip cookie bigger than my head.
  • edited March 2011
    Not for me - I am here for love, peace, understanding and a chocolate chip cookie bigger than my head.

I ate the cookie already.
  • edited March 2011
    you will need to be brainwashed first to forget all you know about kq so the lies may infect your brain

Ooh! Let me!

Okay, *ahem*....

*waves hand* ..."You don't need to see his identification."

"These aren't the games you're looking for"...
  • edited March 2011
    YOU EVIL CLOWN. :mad:

Screw the love and understanding, I just wanted the cookie...

Actually, I have cookies turned on, so there should be another one along soon. :p
  • edited March 2011

It turned out to be a cat cookie. One of Alex's book of recipes.
  • edited March 2011
    It turned out to be a cat cookie. One of Alex's book of recipes.

Those don't work on my. I am kitten-proof.
  • edited March 2011
    Those don't work on my. I am kitten-proof.

You underestimate the powerz of the kittenz!
    Sidebox-Kitten-Thinks-R.jpg

Feel it's mewling, furry cuteness overcome you!
  • edited March 2011
    Feel it's mewling, furry cuteness overcome you!

Sorry that picture just got me hungry for some fried cat-meat.
  • edited March 2011
    Sorry that picture just got me hungry for some fried cat-meat.

Mmmmmmmmmm Manannnan.
  • edited March 2011
    chucklas wrote: »
    Mmmmmmmmmm Manannnan.

indeed.
  • edited March 2011

doo doo doo doo doo:winslow:
  • edited March 2011
    I'm very excited for the game, if only to see Rather Dashing's reaction to it. He's either going to explode/implode or quietly say "Well... it's all right.....". Either way.... what delicious schadenfreude!

Bt
  • edited March 2011
    I really DO apologize personally for any fear/doubt/etc. My removal of the public poll may have caused. I did it as a quick reaction to reports of some uncouth responses to poll results in the past and that's all. We all make mistakes, and it's clear this is one of those times that I've made one.
    If I'm not mistaken, the general protocol for an actual, admitted mistake is an intended reversal. It's only the least genuine, least principled apologies are not interlinked with some attempt at reversing the problem if it is in the apologizing party's power.
  • edited March 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, the general protocol for an actual, admitted mistake is an intended reversal. It's only the least genuine, least principled apologies are not interlinked with some attempt at reversing the problem if it is in the apologizing party's power.

Would have done so but there's no way to un-privatize the poll.
  • edited March 2011
    Would have done so but there's no way to un-privatize the poll.
    Ah, there isn't? Understood then, and apologies for any harshness on my part on that point.
  • edited March 2011
    Back on topic:

I think that my initial shock has waned a bit, so now I've moved from "pessimistic" to "unsure."
  • edited March 2011
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Back on topic:

I think that my initial shock has waned a bit, so now I've moved from "pessimistic" to "unsure."
    I may have made a similar shift myself, though from an octave down. :D
  • edited March 2011
    Pessimistic - I think I've stated my reasons loud enough in other threads. :)
  • edited March 2011
    For the Record, I voted "Cautiously Optimistic."
  • edited March 2011
    Here is the deal ladies and gentlemen at least as I see it... TTG has been pretty good at being respectful to each property they make a game for obviously they still have their own personal touch to each one.. I personally do not think that is a bad thing....

Another point I would like to make is just because you didn't like a certain season of games its not really fair to say OMG TTG is going to ruin Kings Quest!!! Give them a chance to actually make the game and honestly ... Kings Quest has been dead for a long long time.... the last game that actually resembled a KQ game was 17 years ago and each game evolved from each installment this will just be another step... I personally think they definitely have what it takes to make it a great game... and I think the negativity and in some cases outright hostility is extremely premature.
  • edited March 2011
    The problem is, TTG has a track record from which we can extrapolate how they make their games. I personally don't want to see KQ in the same style as BTTF or TMI.
  • edited March 2011
    I personally do not think that those two games are the same style... nor do I think they are the same as Sam and Max or Wallace and Gromit... and certainly not like Puzzle Agent... I think TTG has more than one color in their crayon box is what I am saying... I think the KQ game will be true to Kings Quest... with a touch of TTG.
  • edited March 2011
    I really want to look forward to Telltale's King's Quest. But I just can't bring myself at this point to get my hopes up after all I've experienced from Telltale. They make mediocre games at best. They're none of them phenomenal or extraordinary. They don't push the bar, which to me is what King's Quest was all about. I really want to look forward to it and be positive but I just can't based on my experience. Hostility is a little excessive, yes. But that doesn't mean there isn't cause for a little pessimism.

And just because there hasn't been a King's Quest game in over a decade doesn't mean it's alright to settle for a mediocre game. I'd rather have KQ stay dead and buried than make a mediocre return. The reason we remember the KQ games as great and fun titles is because they were exactly that. It's not worth bringing it back if those elements are not going to return. That's the way I see it.
  • edited March 2011
    ^

glad theres at least one person on the forums that doesn't just praise telltale for remaking adventure games
  • edited March 2011
    I dunno I really enjoyed ToMI and the S&M games ... I think they are just as good as many of my favorite oldies..
  • edited March 2011
    Nah, they don't hold a candle to the classics in my opinion. TMI comes close. I was always waiting for S&M to get better, though, and it just never did. When I heard that everyone thought Season 2 was a big improvement on the first season I was excited to play it, but I guess my hopes were too high because it never really impressed me any more than Season 1 did.
    hamza721 wrote: »
    ^

glad theres at least one person on the forums that doesn't just praise telltale for remaking adventure games

Have you met my friend Rather Dashing?...
  • edited March 2011
    Can we at least not have any bugs?

I dislike playing a game and, for example, telling Sam to shoot at something but his gun points in the wrong direction from his hand; or having a potentially funny moment with a pyrite parrot be ruined when its mouth moves but no sound comes out; or having enough bugs to correct in Poker Night that they felt obligated to add bonus content to go with the update. I haven't played BTTF ep 2 yet, but from what I hear it's rather buggy indeed.

also, now that I think about it, they still haven't released the Earl Boen PC download of TOMI.

@Irishmile
    Your words may slowly be winning me back toward giving Telltale the benefit of the doubt, but there are still things that get me hung up on the issue. I don't want bugs. I don't want hand holding. I don't want a game made for the masses at the expense of hardcore fans.

Call me skeptical. Call me unsure. All I know is that Telltale has a lot riding on this one- a whole lot. And I'm not sure they're up to the task.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.