Sierra Discussion

1235»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    CMI has a good soundtrack. :) I just don't think it's as good as the first two.
  • edited April 2011
    Loom had a pretty good soundtrack too.
  • edited April 2011
    CMI is my fav Monkey Island game :), and I think it has the best soundtrack too...well maybe TMI does.
  • edited April 2011
    DevNull wrote: »
    Loom had a pretty good soundtrack too.

You mean "Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake is a good soundtrack"?
  • edited April 2011
    I'm just guessing here, but I don't think Tchaikovsky did the arrangements for the Loom soundtrack.
  • edited April 2011
    It's not like the arrangements in the game are anything more special than the original.
  • edited April 2011
    Since when does a soundtrack have to be entirely original to be good? Loom was one of the absolute best of the Lucasarts soundtracks.
  • edited April 2011
    I wasn't alluding that it wasn't, just that it's no different than the original, as it seemed thom was suggesting. I think it works well.
  • edited April 2011
    That's not what I was suggesting.
  • edited April 2011
    Lambonius wrote: »
    Since when does a soundtrack have to be entirely original to be good? Loom was one of the absolute best of the Lucasarts soundtracks.

It's not even 5% original. It fits the game really well, and it's great music, but it's hardly a "Lucasarts soundtrack". They literally just took bits of Swan Lake and arranged them for MIDI (almost verbatim).
  • edited April 2011
    It's not even 5% original. It fits the game really well, and it's great music, but it's hardly a "Lucasarts soundtrack". They literally just took bits of Swan Lake and arranged them for MIDI (almost verbatim).

Soundtrack =/= original score. No arguments that it's not original, but it's still a great soundtrack, regardless--made all the better by how well it fits the tone of the game.

If we're just talking original Lucasarts compositions, I doubt anyone will argue that the Monkey Island themes are the best of the bunch--although I also have a soft spot for The Dig soundtrack, too.
  • edited April 2011
    My bad, thom.

Fitting you would, Lamb, as it was, like Monkey Island, scored by Michael Land. :)
  • edited April 2011
    Fitting you would, Lamb, as it was, like Monkey Island, scored by Michael Land. :)

Interesting. I did not know that. :) Although, I can't say I'm surprised.
  • edited April 2011
    All this talk gets me thinking I wanna play Loom again soon. I'll need something to play if my Portal 2 box isn't in the mail tomorrow. :D
  • edited April 2011
    Just finished Portal 2 tonight.....now I need to play some co-op.
  • edited May 2011
    I basicly want them all remade, even though I would not buy LSR. But I would really like to see Rock Star Games remake Police Quest in the style of thier upcoming LA Noir game. I think that would be freaking awesome. And maybe a Quest for Glory in the style of Fable III. But I definatly want to have another Space Quest game.
  • edited May 2011
    space quest would be nice, but gabriel knight would be my absolute dream (and i think jane jensen and robert holmes would love to cooperate). not so sure about larry though, i think this humor will get boring quickly plus they already damaged the franchise with the last two games (besides; the rights currently belong to codemasters, not activision).
Sign in to comment in this discussion.