Dear telltale and community we want (SPOILER)

edited May 2011 in Sam & Max
Dear Telltale games,community

First I want to start by saying S&M was an awesome game so thx to telltale. I also want to thank the community by giving morale to the fans that couldnt wait for the game to comeout. There was only one problem. Our furry little friend had died at the ending of the season. I made this letter to warn telltale games that some ppl and I want Max back in season4. The real Max. So community its your job to spread this out so plz help to spread tnis out.(no rude or hurtful comments)

By aerbil

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I hereby want you to stand up and still for the memory of our furry little comrade, the laughter of our tears, Max the Lagomorph; for the entirety of this 5 months.

If you try to sit down, it means you don't like Max much. ADMIT IT. AD-FUCKING-MIT IT PAL.
  • edited April 2011
    HRGGHHHHHHH SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! (you should say that when posting these threads, even though I played through it twice! Still, some people haven't)

As for the whole Max thing, I can only imagine it being used in Season 4 two ways:

- A silly little gag or joke referenced somewhere, not really all that important to the story.

-Or a major plot point involved through-out the season's story. (Though I can't really imagine it being the MAIN focus of a [hopefully to be] Season 4.
  • edited April 2011
    Everyone make similar posts to warn telltale games that we want our Comrade max back.
    Warn the community if you love max!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    Dont forget skunk'ape
  • edited April 2011
    Just how would you propose Telltale go about bringing the "real" Max back? He's dead and more time travel shenanigans would create another alternate version, so you can either spend a big part of next season extricating him from the afterlife or declare that The Devil's Playhouse was just some dream sequence. Do you really think either of those is attractive?
  • edited April 2011
    Ya it can be attracting. Sam and Max wake up in
    A dream capsule in an intergalactic space ship and the adventure could start there
    .... Or i have an idea that would be max and samX journey throughout
    Hell to earth for just only 1 or 2 episodes and finally sam and max reunite and stay back at earth while samX and Max X could reunite and time travel. I think telltale must have alot of ideas to comprehend with does options
  • edited April 2011
    *facepalm*

That's it, I'm done. GOODBYE FORUMS.
  • edited April 2011
    Spoiler:
    It's not the original Max. Max has died in other mediums on numerous occasions, so it's not the same Max as Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple anyway.

This is a matter for the Sam and Max forums, and also is incredibly spoiler-y.
  • edited April 2011
    I kno its for the sam and max forum but i want telltale to notice this so they can notice this
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2011
    And you think they'll notice it in the General Chat forums MORE?

Go ahead. Don't mind us laughing incessantly behind your back, though. ;)
  • edited April 2011
    I kind of stopped laughing and moved it to the Sam and Max forum. :)

Trust me, there are MANY people who are checking these forums. Not to mention TTG staff. Don't worry about it.
  • edited April 2011
    That one that's alive, that's the real Max. There are no fake Maxes.
  • edited April 2011
    No but im talking about the one that goes through season 1 to 3. There arnt any fake maxs but there are alternate versions
    edited April 2011
    ...and I merged with the thread already existing. I'll also edit the tagline for spoilers.
  • edited April 2011
    Enlighten me as to why "Max X" is so different from Original Max that he's an unacceptable substitute.
  • FlyFly
    edited April 2011
    They're both the real Max. They're both the real Max. They're both the real Max. WHY IS THIS SO HARD TO GRASP
  • edited April 2011
    Okay, no. We don't need another thread like this. Telltale HAS seen voiced displeasure at this particular story element before, and they've commented on it as much as they're probably ever going to, and whether or not people are satisfied with that explanation is their own problem. Spamming up the forums and encouraging the exact same arguments that we've had before isn't going to change anything at all.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2011
    "Hey Max, remember that time when you died and then came back in a time machine?"
    "No"

Done.
  • edited April 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    "Hey Max, remember that time when you died and then came back in a time machine?"
    "No"

Done.

Yeah that about sums up Sam and Max's story doesnt it?
    Plus Chuck said that Max has a hive mind so technicaly had the memories of the "original" Max.
  • edited April 2011
    Just so everyone can be happy and live out the rest of their lives and move on, just pretend that the Max that died was the fake one, ok?

Yeah. I might've made things worse now. But, no. What's done is done, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, I'm going to freakin' bed. XD

P.S. - read Jake's comment. Now read it again. Repeat, until concept is grasped. OK, nighty night~
  • edited April 2011
    Let's pretend Max died in the 80's on the moon.

This has been a fake Max all along.

WE'VE BEEN ROBBED
  • edited April 2011
    [delurk]

To put a finer point on this at (possibly) my own peril: The One Great Danger threatening Sam and Max's friendship is NOT being replaced with different versions of each other. They're cool with that, because it's all the same to them. And they'd be right. No; it's being separated permanently in whatever guise that may take. No other versions or time travel shenanigans-induced duplicates available to fill in the void for each other's lost partner, ever. That would be the real tragedy, not the dead Max who's probably living (deading?) it up with the dead Sam who needed the company -- that particular company -- anyway.

In short:
    crfh wrote: »
    There are no fake Maxes.

Yeah, this. This was perfect.

And also Jake's comment. A hundred times over.

[/delurk]
  • edited April 2011
    Don't see why people are getting so bent up over Max's death..If you played through all the seasons of Sam and Max and are a good fan of the series, you should know by now that the laws of reality are not important to their world when it comes to the plot, the characters,. Going by the theory that Max has a hive mind, there really can't be a fake Max, and if it was, would it really matter? Real or fake, all the Maxes *if there is more than one* all act the same with the smart attitude and the witty comments. The only problem I would see with a 'fake' Max, would be if this other Max was a total opposite of the real Max. So, get a grip. Sam and Max is not rocket science, it's not those kinds of games where the laws of reality confine the characters. They go outside it.

That's just my opinion of course, but please. There's really no point with freaking out over where the Sam and Maxes we played as were 'real' or 'fake' or not.

c214ddfc.gif
    edited April 2011
    "No"

Done.

Okay, I'll comment on the issue once more. ONCE. ;)

Eight months after first experiencing the final scene of "The Devil's playhouse", I can say that my perspective has shifted a little. I was furious about the ending then - but not because I thought that this madness wasn't along the spirit of Steve Purcell's Sam & Max. And thinking back hard, it probably wasn't even because it broke the spirit of the game series. However, it did break the spirit of the "Devil's Playhouse" specifically.

TTG was striving hard to give us a continuous/meaningful storyline back then, memorable characters with some kind of a backstory and shocking events with lasting effects that were supposed to move you emotionally. I can see now that this was alien to Steve Purcell's comics, where nothing happens to our heroes that isn't rectified in three pages' time and Deus Ex Machina always saves the day.

Max died and came back lots of times, but that wasn't the issue here. The way this happened was very much like Purcell's comics, very much in the spirit of Sam & Max, where the events of yesterday never have any consequences and are thus entirely irrelevant. Sam and Max are invincible by Purcell's command, but after a whole season of showing them vulnerable and in dire distress, I could not accept that all their pain was worth nothing.

The rising protest after the ending was proof that TTG had made a joke at their own expense. All that painful work to make the story emotional and meaningful, then ridiculing their own work by declaring it entirely meaningless to the protagonists. That's the difference between what I thought back then and what I think now; maybe it WAS a brave thing to do. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
  • edited April 2011
    In the larger scheme of things, BOTH of them are the Real Max. They aren't different dimension Max like Silver Age Bizarro Superman. They are products of a inconceivable union of devilry and mad science.
  • edited April 2011
    "We're sam and max fans"

"You should have left max dead"

I just realised that's essentially what I believe :p
  • edited April 2011
    Okay, I'll comment on the issue once more. ONCE. ;)

Eight months after first experiencing the final scene of "The Devil's playhouse", I can say that my perspective has shifted a little. I was furious about the ending then - but not because I thought that this madness wasn't along the spirit of Steve Purcell's Sam & Max. And thinking back hard, it probably wasn't even because it broke the spirit of the game series. However, it did break the spirit of the "Devil's Playhouse" specifically.

TTG was striving hard to give us a continuous/meaningful storyline back then, memorable characters with some kind of a backstory and shocking events with lasting effects that were supposed to move you emotionally. I can see now that this was alien to Steve Purcell's comics, where nothing happens to our heroes that isn't rectified in three pages' time and Deus Ex Machina always saves the day.

Max died and came back lots of times, but that wasn't the issue here. The way this happened was very much like Purcell's comics, very much in the spirit of Sam & Max, where the events of yesterday never have any consequences and are thus entirely irrelevant. Sam and Max are invincible by Purcell's command, but after a whole season of showing them vulnerable and in dire distress, I could not accept that all their pain was worth nothing.

The rising protest after the ending was proof that TTG had made a joke at their own expense. All that painful work to make the story emotional and meaningful, then ridiculing their own work by declaring it entirely meaningless to the protagonists. That's the difference between what I thought back then and what I think now; maybe it WAS a brave thing to do. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

As much as this issues is so being hotly debated in the forums, while I do have my own opinions on Max's death, you strike a lot of valid points here. When I heard Max had died, I was shocked true. I think Telltale was doing that to create a more deeper, emotional story and did a great job of doing so, which I deeply admire. While the ending has been criticized, I think what they did was a good leap into a more darker, realistic world of Sam and Max. Of course, I can't say for sure whether I want this darker side of Sam and Max, but it is interesting to introduce into the plot. :>
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not sure if I agree with "meaningless". After all, at the end of the season Sam and Max DO save the entire city and the world. Max just happened to sacrifice himself in the process.
  • FlyFly
    edited April 2011
    The more people complain about the ending of 305, the more I desperately want Telltale to bring back the Max who died in Season 4, just to have the current Max kill him in a horrible way five seconds later.
  • edited April 2011
    Fly wrote: »
    The more people complain about the ending of 305, the more I desperately want Telltale to bring back the Max who died in Season 4, just to have the current Max kill him in a horrible way five seconds later.

This needs to happen.
  • edited April 2011
    My perspective hasn't changed since I posted this 8 months ago:
    thom-22 wrote: »
    Sam will bring the new (old) Max up to speed on the things he missed, and we'll never know the difference.

Except now I like this better:
    "No"

Done.

LOL!
  • edited April 2011
    I think it might go something like:

Max: "It's too bad I don't have any unexplainable physic powers again to thwart these goons until they run out of blood!"
    Sam: "But Max, didn't having those physic powers cause you to... you know... explode in a fiery ball of destruction that caused over 19 million dollars in property damage and years of emotional trauma that will haunt the dreams of every New York citizen for the next twenty years?"
    Max: "I don't remember that, but it sounds like me."
  • edited May 2011
    And while you're at it, make South Park bring back the original Kenny! The show has suffered terribly with all these other Kenny's that are clearly not the real Kenny because he died. And I don't understand why Frylock isn't aware that he's living with an imposter after Master Shake died in a few episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. I CALL FOUL!

Seriously dude, Max is Max. Why worry about it? It's not like he's going to be any different. If a different Max had died, and "the real Max" had been the one to show up in an alternate Sam's life, he wouldn't have responded any differently then this Max did. You are taking one of the silliest game franchises around way too seriously.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.