Have a question for Graham Annable? Ask it here!

Hey everyone! I'll be getting a chance to speak to Grickle and Puzzle Agent creator Graham Annable in the near future and I wanted to see if there was anything the Telltale Games community was dying to know.

If you have a question for Graham, post it in this thread. Please keep your question count limited to one (1), but you can go in and edit or change your question if you so desire after the fact. While I can't promise I'll be able to ask him everyone's question, I'll do my best in getting as many answered as possible.

Look for Graham Annable's answers to the Telltale Games community's questions as we get closer to the Puzzle Agent 2 launch!

Comments

• edited May 2011
    Ooh! I love these!! My question for Graham is:

When creating your art, what's your favourite medium?
  • edited May 2011
    Yay! Questions! :D

Have you faced any difficulty in bringing the Hidden People, who previously only existed in your short videos, into a full length game while still keeping their mysterious charm?
  • edited May 2011
    Are we going to get any more Dunk/Dank in the near future?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2011
    When you were a child, what things did you find frightening or creepy?
  • edited May 2011
    what was your favorite game company
  • edited May 2011
    Will we get to use an unlikely combination of everyday items to solve unconventional puzzles?
  • edited May 2011
    I'm not sure if this was a decision on your part or Telltale's, but how exactly did the idea of doing a Professor Layton-style puzzle game in your art style come to be?
  • edited May 2011
    Some of your characters are really great. Why don't you use them more often? For example, I simply love the entire idea of Principle Skeleton. I would really like to see him in more than just two cartoons.
    If we could have interacted with him in the game as well it would've been really awesome. :) Why don't you make a mini-series with him?
  • edited May 2011
    Hey G-man!

Were there characters from your shorts, not including the hidden people, considered to be the main antagonist of Puzzle Agent?
  • edited May 2011
    Can you do a short focused on sloths? The sloth drawings you posted on Twitter were great and I want more!
  • edited May 2011
    What is your ultimate dream, career-wise?
  • edited May 2011
    Out of all the shorts you made on youtube. Which one did you enjoy making the most?
  • edited May 2011
    What tips could you offer for someone trying to make a step into the storyboarding practice?
  • edited May 2011
    what gave you the idea to start drawing also to create your characteres girckle and nelson tethers? What influences do you have for your drawing style?
  • edited May 2011
    How did you came up with Nelson Tethers and the Hidden People?
    and
    Can you explain the "space" scene in Puzzle Agent 1?
  • edited May 2011
    If you could decide, how many Puzzle Agent games would there be?
  • edited May 2011
    Are you excited to be working on another puzzle agent?
  • edited May 2011
    What is your main inspiration and from what age did you start with the drawings... {insert general history}?
  • edited May 2011
    Graham,

I'm a big fan of your Grickle comics and youtube animated shorts. What would you recommend to a prospective cartoonist in order to gain exposure and make a living off of cartooning?

Thanks,

Alexander Thorburn Hoffman
    North Hollywood, CA
  • edited May 2011
    This is not a question.

Thanks for the Wee Man.

:)
  • edited May 2011
    have u worked on any other of telltales games
  • edited May 2011
    What kind of reference material did you consult for the town of Scoggins? Is there anything you would consider a major inspiration to set Puzzle Agent in this location in particular?
  • edited May 2011
    Are you noticing an increase in terms of the respect puzzle games get? Are we getting closer to having these games accepted as an art form?
  • edited May 2011
    What's in the future for Graham Annable and the world of Grickle?
  • edited May 2011
    will the sequel finally tie up the loose ends from the last game?
  • edited May 2011
    With the popularity and attention that Puzzle agent received, do you have any desire to move past these types of games with the Grickle characters? Maybe something bigger, since the games were part of the Pilot Program.
  • edited May 2011
    What do you normally use to make Grickle, whether it be the animations, the comics, etc...?
  • edited May 2011
    Hi! The big question: will Puzzle Agent 2 be the final installment of Puzzle Agent?
  • edited May 2011
    Hey I just have one question, will we ever see a Puzzle Agent series?
  • edited May 2011
    Any chance of a DVD full of collected cartoons and new cartoons?... I adore them.
  • bai_ganyobai_ganyo Banned
    edited May 2011
    What comic book artist(s) of present and past would you pick as your idol?
  • edited May 2011
    Which artists/cartoonists helped inspire you to draw and hone in on your art style?
  • edited May 2011
    Why are there gnomes in Puzzle Agent and will there be any discounts for either Puzzle Agent game?

(Please no spoilers!)
  • edited May 2011
    I love your art and admire your sense of ... err... people, I guess.

Is there any chance you will be working for a company which gives you complete creative freedom for...say...5 games a year in the near future?

Because it should. Not trusting in you would be a telltale sign of a bad business decision ;)
  • edited May 2011
    Will episode 2 be more difficult than the last one? (I hope so)
  • edited May 2011
    Does Twin Peaks scare you?
  • edited May 2011
    I only have one question that I want answered ASAP...

When can I preorder and how much will it be?
  • edited May 2011
    For the story of Puzzle Agent did you get any inspiration from the 1990's TV show Twin Peaks, or are any similarities complete coincidence?
  • edited May 2011
    Hi Graham. I'm a big fan, love the comics. I only have the Book of Grickle, but I hope that the earlier Grickle books will become available again sometime.

I was wondering what your plans are for the Dank/Dunk comic, as it hasn't been updated for a couple of weeks now. Is it something that will keep going until the end of time, or do you have a definitive end in sight (possibly connecting it with Puzzle Agent)? Also, what's the story behind this (quite old) picture?

dankcg.jpg
  • edited June 2011
    Thanks for all the questions! Got a lot of them asked. Will be posting video(s) in the next few weeks!
This discussion has been closed.