BTTF The Ride: 2

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Perhaps what they mean by 'to be continued' on the end of the series is that.....somebody on March 30th 2007 managed to drive away in one of the rides Deloreans and go back in time to erase any existence of the Simpsons to ensure that the best ride in the world is kept in Universal where it belongs!
  • edited June 2011
    ShadowX81 wrote: »
    If anything, the prequels alienated the younger generation from star wars. BTTF has managed to hold up without andy of the merchandise and crappy tie-in stories. That says something.

The Simpsons doesnt' have 1/10 the staying power. Atleast not anymore.

Yeah, the younger generation hates Star Wars. That's why it has a successful cartoon series going into its 4th season and sells a ton of action figures, Legos, and video games.

Because the kids hate it.

Let me know next time you see a ten year old clamoring for a Doc Brown action figure.

As for the Simpsons, are you really trying to make the argument that a cartoon that came out the same year as Back to the Future 2, still airs new episodes, airs reruns in syndication all over the place, and recently had a successful film that brought in over $500 million has no staying power?

Please, guys. Take off your fanboy goggles and try to think about what you're saying objectively.
  • edited June 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Yeah, the younger generation hates Star Wars. That's why it has a successful cartoon series going into its 4th season and sells a ton of action figures, Legos, and video games.

Let me know next time you see a ten year old clamoring for a Doc Brown action figure.

As for the Simpsons, are you really trying to make the argument that a cartoon that came out the same year as Back to the Future 2, still airs new episodes, airs reruns in syndication all over the place, and recently had a successful film that brought in over $500 million has no staying power?

Please, guys. Take off your fanboy goggles and try to think about what you're saying objectively.

We may be 'fanboys' but as I said previously, I would guarantee that BTTF is far more popular than King Kong. Just look at the extras on the 25th anniversary Blu-Ray, it was a humongous success like nothing before, and those fans are very much still around now and visit Universal with their kids, not to mention all the fans it's still collecting today. This was proven with the re-release of the film to the cinema last year also. I agree that Star Wars is still extremely popular, i've never disputed that, but it just goes to show that the classics are making a comeback and I still stand by the fact that a return of the ride would be a massive success.

The old ride had a few old/whussy reporters say that it was 'jerky'...?! What did they exactly want from a flying delorean? A smooth slow relaxing cruise? Perhaps they should have gone on Soarin instead. However, new technology would keep the minority of visitors who like smoother motion happy.

Anyway, the minority on here can rebel, most of which never went on this amazing ride and one who watched it on his blu-ray collection (lmao!) but it doesn't stop Universal from KNOWING it would be a very popular return and would give Disney a bloody good run for their money with their new Star Wars attraction.
  • edited June 2011
    Anyway, the minority on here can rebel, most of which never went on this amazing ride and one who watched it on his blu-ray collection (lmao!) but it doesn't stop Universal from KNOWING it would be a very popular return and would give Disney a bloody good run for their money with their new Star Wars attraction.

I was on BTTF The Ride in 1999. It was fun. I'd go on it again if I happened to be at Universal and it was there, but would I make the trip to Universal just to see it again? No. I like Back to the Future more then I like The Simpsons (currently anyway) but I would be much more likely to go there to experience something new. BTTF The Ride really isn't that amazing. What age were you when you were on it? I can't really imagine being as enamored with it as you guys are.
  • edited June 2011

There are no Doc Brown action figures. No legos, and up to now no video games. And it still has the same staying power.

What im saying is that BTTF doesnt have all that crappy merchandise and prequel films, and yet the film still draws in the fans exactly the same as it did when it came out.
    Um..... yea. When is the last time you or anyone you know watched a new episode of The Simpsons? The movie pretty much sucked, and people only saw it out of nostalgia. The reruns are popular becuase they were actually good, but the new show sucks balls and stopped being a cultural phenomenon 10 years ago.
    We are thinking objectivly
    Don't worry. We aren't the minority (clearly. look at the poll). Scnew is just an idiot.
  • edited June 2011
    There are no Doc Brown action figures. No legos, and up to now no video games. And it still has the same staying power.

Explain what you mean then, please. What about the franchise is "staying"? There are no Doc Brown action figures because they wouldn't sell to the kids like Anakin Skywalker figures do. Fans haven't stopped liking it, sure, but what's creating new fans? Back to the Future The Game? It sold to BTTF fans or adventure game fans. And as a pretty bare bones adventure game, I have serious doubts that it would influence anyone who wasn't already a fan of the movies to go check them out.
    Um..... yea. When is the last time you or anyone you know watched a new episode of The Simpsons? The movie pretty much sucked, and people only saw it out of nostalgia. The reruns are popular becuase they were actually good, but the new show sucks balls and stopped being a cultural phenomenon 10 years ago.

$527 million dollars and no one cares about it? How does this make sense to you? Nobody you know is watching The Simpsons, so clearly that means no one is watching it, right? Fox continues to pay for new episodes year after year because nobody's checking them out. Fox just likes to throw money away, right? Makes total sense to me.
    Don't worry. We aren't the minority. Scnew is just an idiot.

Personal attacks? Classy, bro. Definitely shows what mature arguments you are capable of making.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    Differing opinions are fine but personal attacks are not cool. Keep it nice in here guys.
  • edited June 2011
    Explain what you mean then, please. What about the franchise is "staying"? There are no Doc Brown action figures because they wouldn't sell to the kids like Anakin Skywalker figures do. Fans haven't stopped liking it, sure, but what's creating new fans? Back to the Future The Game? It sold to BTTF fans or adventure game fans. And as a pretty bare bones adventure game, I have serious doubts that it would influence anyone who wasn't already a fan of the movies to go check them out.
    Clearly you missed the point. BTTF doesn't need any crappy games or anything else to draw in fans. The movies do a good enough job by themselves. Were you by any chance paying attention last year when the movies were everywhere? Theatre re-release, blu rays, in every entertainment magazine?

Its been so hard to get merchandise out not becuase "it wouldnt sell to the kids" as you claim without precedent, but because MJF has refused to sell his likeness until recently. And there is only so much merchandise you can make without the likeness of it's main character. Though FYI, a line of action figures is being produced by playmates toys and coming out next year.

$527 million dollars and no one cares about it? How does this make sense to you?
    The film recieved mixed reviews at best and since its release has failed to hold any staying power. Major hype at release time equals major bucks, but if the film isnt good it dies in the consciousness of popular culture.
    Nobody you know is watching The Simpsons, so clearly that means no one is watching it, right? Fox continues to pay for new episodes year after year because nobody's checking them out. Fox just likes to throw money away, right? Makes total sense to me.
    Naw, it doesn't make sense to me. Clearly someone is watching it, but god knows who. Does anyone you know watch new episodes? Does anyone that anyone on this forum know watch new episodes? The series just kind of exists now. When is the last time you heard a refrence to the Simpsons in entertainment news? I actually had to check when I entered this thread to make sure the series was still on.
    Personal attacks? Classy, bro. Definitely shows what mature arguments you are capable of making.
    Wasn't an insult or attack. Just a pragmatic observation.
  • edited June 2011
    BTTF doesn't need any crappy games or anything else to draw in fans. The movies do a good enough job by themselves. Were you by any chance paying attention last year when the movies were everywhere? Theatre re-release, blu rays, in every entertainment magazine?

You know, after you said this I was wondering how I missed this. I guess that's because it was apparently only in AMC theaters (there are none near me) for two nights. Y'know when that franchise that nobody cares about, Star Wars, re-released 20 years later, it was #1 at the box office the week it came out. Now that was hard to miss.
    The film recieved mixed reviews at best and since its release has failed to hold any staying power. Major hype at release time equals major bucks, but if the film isnt good it dies in the consciousness of popular culture.

90% positive reviews on Rotten Tomatoes is mixed reviews? A domestic box office gross that's almost as high as BTTF 2 and 3 put together and adjusted for inflation. In your mind, what staying power is it supposed to have, besides the franchise continuing on and a second film being rumored to be in the works? I mean I gotta tell you, prior to the 25th anniversary and the game coming out, I don't feel like I was hearing about Back to the Future very much. Oh my god, perhaps that's why Universal got rid of the ride! Or maybe you'd like to argue that Universal Studios dropped BTTF the Ride arbitrarily without doing any research at all into which attractions draw in the crowds?
    Naw, it doesn't make sense to me. Clearly someone is watching it, but god knows who. Does anyone you know watch new episodes? Does anyone that anyone on this forum know watch new episodes?

Does it really matter if you or I or our respective friends watch the Simpsons? I could know one person that does, I could know sixty people that do, that wouldn't change the fact that millions of people still tune into it every week.

Seriously, make an argument other then "nobody cares anymore" because clearly somebody does.
  • edited June 2011
    Wasn't an insult or attack. Just a pragmatic observation.

Whatever it was, puzzlebox made it clear. If you need further explanations, let us know.
  • edited June 2011
    I was on BTTF The Ride in 1999. It was fun. I'd go on it again if I happened to be at Universal and it was there, but would I make the trip to Universal just to see it again? No. I like Back to the Future more then I like The Simpsons (currently anyway) but I would be much more likely to go there to experience something new. BTTF The Ride really isn't that amazing. What age were you when you were on it? I can't really imagine being as enamored with it as you guys are.

I genuinely would go to Universal when in Florida fan more frequently, even for the old ride. I went on it many times ranging from 10 years old, right up to 23 when it closed so it wasn't just a nostalgic memory form a kid when I wasn't aware of a kick ass ride, I rode as an adult many times and it just got better if anything. With todays technology it would be so amazing and the classics are making a massive comeback from films, to rides, comics etc. I just read on IGN this morning that Ghostbusters were coming back in comic format, it's just a matter of time before a return of a BTTF ride :)
  • edited June 2011
    All good things come to an end, so I guess that's why the simpsons is still on :P.
  • edited June 2011
    Alstom1995 wrote: »
    All good things come to an end, so I guess that's why the simpsons is still on :P.

:D Joking aside, the Simpsons ride is pretty cool in it's own right, but it should have NEVER meant taking down a legendary, heritage ride. Theres' tons of space around that area of the park to have kept it along side Simpsons. Lets see how well the Simpsons ride is doing in a few years time ;)
  • edited July 2011
    So if season 2 is a no go'er, maybe the continuation is going to be at the Universal Studios parks ;)
  • edited July 2011
    Perhaps what they mean by 'to be continued' on the end of the series is that.....somebody on March 30th 2007 managed to drive away in one of the rides Deloreans and go back in time to erase any existence of the Simpsons to ensure that the best ride in the world is kept in Universal where it belongs!

Somebody tried that. It did not work out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9r2EYy3rxU
  • edited July 2011
    Kolzig wrote: »
    I had fun two years ago in Japan. I went to Osaka to the Universal Studios theme park there and they had the BTTF ride there, dubbed in Japanese but still awesome as ever. I'm really happy that I got to experience it.

Lucky sod! I'm actually tempted to book my next holiday to Osaka to ride it again. Always wanted to go to Japan too.
  • edited July 2011
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    Somebody tried that. It did not work out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9r2EYy3rxU

lol ;) It's almost rubbing it in rather than being a tribute. Same with the car and doc in the parks, but I guess i'd rather have those bits around than not at all.
  • edited July 2011
    I agree, universal should bring back the BTTF Ride, but better. Like the new HArry Potter Ride. With a new story and a hollagram of Doc. Loc in the Harry Potter Ride with Harry, Ron, and Hermine.:D:)
  • edited July 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/UniversalOrlandoResort/posts/10150240692202852?notif_t=like

Feel free to show your support on Universals official Facebook page.
  • edited July 2011
    The argument about BTTF's drawing power versus Simpsons is ludicrous. Simpsons has more and it's not remotely close. We might think it's unfortunate, we might think it's terrible, we might think that Back to the Future is clearly "better" than Simpsons as a whole, but as to which one has more current drawing power as a theme park ride, there is no contest at all.

You'll have a better argument in 50 years, assuming both franchises stop producing new materials. Both will have faded from current popular culture memory and can then be judged more objectively in retrospect.
    ...would give Disney a bloody good run for their money with their new Star Wars attraction.

No.
  • edited July 2011
    JuntMonkey wrote: »
    The argument about BTTF's drawing power versus Simpsons is ludicrous. Simpsons has more and it's not remotely close. We might think it's unfortunate, we might think it's terrible, we might think that Back to the Future is clearly "better" than Simpsons as a whole, but as to which one has more current drawing power as a theme park ride, there is no contest at all.

You'll have a better argument in 50 years, assuming both franchises stop producing new materials. Both will have faded from current popular culture memory and can then be judged more objectively in retrospect.

No.

Can I ask exactly where you're getting your stats? I didn't know you knew every fan of both series. :D Wow, truely impressed...

You're forgetting one thing...Simpsons has already faded from 'popular' culture, it's just something that people occasionally watch when they're bored and it's a good alternative to other crap on the tele. BTTF is so much more exciting in every aspect.

One is a cartoon that really is coming to the end of its days, and the other is one of the best film series of all time, that still generates hardcore fans and will continue to do so. BTTF is aging extremely well, getting more popular if anything as time goes on. The same can't be said for the Simpsons, it just can't.

That said, the Simpsons ride is very good, and i'm really looking forward to going on it in September, but it's not half as inspiring as the BTTF Ride. Both deserve a place in the park, I just wish (and strongly now believe they do too) that they had torn down Twister or Earthquake, 2 very dated rides that kids certaintly can NOT relate to.. the appauling, very excuse that Universal used for tearing down one of their best rides of all time when there was plenty of space to keep BTTF along side the Simpsons ride, and generate even more revenue.

You're single worded answer of 'No' as to why BTTF couldn't overpower the recent Star Wars ride was just ridiculous. Check the ratings back when both series came out, and check other current indications such as thousands of merchandise across the net and eBay and rare signed collectables that are making serious money. It's still VERY valid and although I agree the old ride was showing its age a bit, a newly designed ride would easily compete with Star Wars. Perhaps your 'No' was for comparing a ride from the early 90s to a recent ride with far more technology..?! :confused:
  • edited July 2011

That's exactly what it did for me.
  • edited July 2011
    That said, the Simpsons ride is very good, and i'm really looking forward to going on it in September, but it's not half as inspiring as the BTTF Ride. Both deserve a place in the park, I just wish (and strongly now believe they do too) that they had torn down Twister or Earthquake, 2 very dated rides that kids certaintly can NOT relate to.. the appauling, very excuse that Universal used for tearing down one of their best rides of all time when there was plenty of space to keep BTTF along side the Simpsons ride, and generate even more revenue.

You know they tore down the Ghostbusters ride to make the Twister ride. I personally would like to see Twister torn down to make a new GB ride, or at least have some GB references or characters in a new BTTF ride. Both of those movies are the best movies of all time in my book, so it seems fitting there should be a major crossover.
  • edited July 2011
    Oh and just something I think I should throw out here, the opening site animations for bttf.com reference the BTTF ride.
  • edited July 2011
    BoneKid24 wrote: »
    That's exactly what it did for me.

There you go!

Going back to the action figures point, the thing is, BTTF isn't the kind of film that is going to sell action figures like Star Wars, it's completely different. Check around the net for other types of merchandise. There are very exacting replicas of things such as the Flux Capacitor that are selling for serious money. Also, very detailed Delorean models such as the Sunstars are still selling by the lorry load, as well as autographed items and even filmcell displays etc. It's a very different but still VERY popular set of merchandise.

I simply have to reiterate one of my very first points also.... Kong has made an excellent comeback and wasn't half the film that BTTF was, or indeed anywhere near as popular. Kids don't buy Kong action figures, so i'm not quite sure why your point of selling action figures has any bearing at all on the success of a new attraction in the parks. BTTF, is undeniably more popular than Kong. It even has the Delorean, the train, & Doc still in the park, something that Kong never had since it was unfortunately removed. They even still sell the model Deloreans in their Universal store, something that they simply wouldn't have available if they didn't sell well.

Universal know exactly how a sequel ride would go, which is why i'm very confident of a return ride. It's going to happen sooner or later, and when it does, Universal will be seeing plenty of green $$$$$
  • edited July 2011
    Here's a quick snippet from a recent interview with the legend himself. I completely agree, it would still pull in huuuuuuuge crowds:

Mike: Looking back now 25 years at the “Back to the Future” franchise, what has been the best part for you being apart of it?

Christopher Lloyd: With celebrating the 25th anniversary, certainly myself I never expected it to have the life that it has had. We all hoped it would have a good opening and be well accepted. What impresses me the most, which is also the most rewarding, is that how much it means to some people. Even young people, for instance someone who liked it back then is now making their children watch it. Once they watch it the first time, they are just completely hooked and they love it. It has lasted generation after generation and it still means as much as it did to the first audience back in 1985. I run into people from various walks of life and various countries, they have told me that in one way or another it has inspired them to do something special.

Come on Universal, the park is supposed to be to 'ride the movies'. Back To The Future is arguably the best trilogy of all time and there's plenty of space around the Simpsons ride for a sequel. It's popularity continues to grow and it would probably have more pulling power than most other rides in the park.

For any of the mods here who have close contact with Universal or Rob, Stephen etc. who could actually have a bit of power with regards to a remake please present this thread to them. Anyone?
  • edited July 2011
    I'm curious, what would you expect a sequel to the ride to be? Given that Tom Wilson would likely want nothing to do with it and Michael J. Fox obviously isn't going to be involved beyond maybe some voice work, what would the idea behind the ride be?
  • edited July 2011
    you know what they should replace men in black alien attack with a newer rendition of the bttf ride with elements from the new game and the trilogy how about that idea?
  • edited July 2011
    I think Universal could do something along the lines of Disney's "The Great Movie Ride" (which has sections taking you through the settings of Alien, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and other films that don't have rides of their own), and include a BTTF section along with other movies with a similar following. That could be very classy if done well
  • edited July 2011
    BoneKid24 wrote: »
    Oh and just something I think I should throw out here, the opening site animations for bttf.com reference the BTTF ride.

I did notice that. It looks awesome!
  • edited July 2011
    I'm curious, what would you expect a sequel to the ride to be? Given that Tom Wilson would likely want nothing to do with it and Michael J. Fox obviously isn't going to be involved beyond maybe some voice work, what would the idea behind the ride be?

I see your point, but if you look at most classic comeback rides now, they are rendered such as Spiderman, Kong etc. They could possibly go down this route which would be cool. I'm fairly confident that Christopher Lloyd would be up for it and I dare say Tom would be too if the money was right. Not too sure on Michael, but he did step in for the game for a few bits so maybe with the recent reunions and events such as comic con and scream awards (awesome showing there if you didn't see it guys) he might be up for it.
  • edited July 2011
    apollo112 wrote: »
    you know what they should replace men in black alien attack with a newer rendition of the bttf ride with elements from the new game and the trilogy how about that idea?

I do quite like the Men In Black ride, but I agree, it's shown its age farrrrr more than BTTF. It's clear that the real reason Universal removed BTTF was not because 'kids couldn't relate to it' but because Simpsons was going to be the same kind of ride and setup so was far cheaper to modify. Men In Black, Twister, and Earthquake are all rides that kids relate to far less.
  • edited July 2011
    I think Universal could do something along the lines of Disney's "The Great Movie Ride" (which has sections taking you through the settings of Alien, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and other films that don't have rides of their own), and include a BTTF section along with other movies with a similar following. That could be very classy if done well

Something like this would be great if there was definately no plans for a 2nd BTTF ride, but I genuinely believe that it will be brought back soon. It's a win-win sitution for Universal and the massive fan base.
  • edited August 2011
    100 yes votes! Keep 'em coming!
  • edited August 2011

Not a bad concept.

If Universal does decide to revamp Back to the Future and bring in a new ride, I doubt it will have the same format as the Simpsons ride (and its original design). The Simpsons ride is still, by theme park standards, relatively new and they wouldn't tear it down just to replace it with the previous ride.

The new Transformers ride is utilizing the same design as The Adventures of Spiderman (as in 3D screens whilst moving in a physical environment) and while I think the new BTTF ride could be suited for this design, with a total of three rides that use this ride layout (Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Transformers and Spiderman), it may feel overdone.

Now onto the Great Movie Ride idea: having a segment dedicated to a key scene in BTTF would be a nice way of bringing it back without spending an obscene amount of money on the project. From a business standpoint, you'd be able to incorporate many Universal movies at a time without making an individual ride for each.

I don't know about you but even if I get a few scenes from BTTF in the Universal version of "The Great Movie Ride", I'd be more than thrilled.
  • edited August 2011
    Not a bad concept.

If Universal does decide to revamp Back to the Future and bring in a new ride, I doubt it will have the same format as the Simpsons ride (and its original design). The Simpsons ride is still, by theme park standards, relatively new and they wouldn't tear it down just to replace it with the previous ride.

The new Transformers ride is utilizing the same design as The Adventures of Spiderman (as in 3D screens whilst moving in a physical environment) and while I think the new BTTF ride could be suited for this design, with a total of three rides that use this ride layout (Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Transformers and Spiderman), it may feel overdone.

Now onto the Great Movie Ride idea: having a segment dedicated to a key scene in BTTF would be a nice way of bringing it back without spending an obscene amount of money on the project. From a business standpoint, you'd be able to incorporate many Universal movies at a time without making an individual ride for each.

I don't know about you but even if I get a few scenes from BTTF in the Universal version of "The Great Movie Ride", I'd be more than thrilled.

All very valid points, and I agree with most fully. I guess it would be quite nice to have a 'great movie ride' going on....but then in some ways it would feel even more like BTTF is just a thing of the past and that it would definately prevent a 2nd ride. The reality however, is that BTTF is not a thing of the past, it continues to grow and due to all the recent nonsense films that are just all about graphics with bad acting, it makes you appreciate BTTF even more. The work that went into this trilogy is outstanding and it really shows over 25 years later. You only have to look at Kong to realise the potential of a return. Universal have crowds flocking to their new 360 attraction and it's not even as popular as BTTF. I really don't see why they wouldn't bring in another ride at all.

Here's just a few recent examples of how people still react to BTTF:

http://www.weregoingback.com/Were_Going_Back_-_25th_Anniversary/Home.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-zKjhS-9-s

You only have to check all the ride tribute videos plastered all over YouTube to realise that 95% of people think that even the old BTTF Ride is better than the Simpsons. That's not to say that I believe the Simpsons should be shut down early, hell no, it's an awesome ride that deserves a place in the park. All i'm saying is that there is enough space for both, and that more importantly (for Universal anyway..) it would generate a LOT of interest/cash. It just seems daft for them not to develop another ride, most definately in the same style of Spiderman.

Top dollar for Universal + hordes of ecstatic fans = wins all around.
  • edited August 2011
    ....but then in some ways it would feel even more like BTTF is just a thing of the past and that it would definately prevent a 2nd ride.

Unfortunately, that is the main downside of the 'Great Movie Ride' idea and I agree with you completely.
    The reality however, is that BTTF is not a thing of the past

Oh, believe me; I haven't given up on it. Think about how many people bought the Back to the Future game even after all these years. The franchise is still strong and continues to have many followers.
    It just seems daft for them not to develop another ride, most definately in the same style of Spiderman.

Just the simple act of keeping Doc's restaurant and Doc Brown himself as a meet and greet character shows that Universal hasn't given up on Back to the Future entirely. If Universal realizes the potential a new BTTF ride has, that may just be the push they need to start up production.

There is always hope for another ride but we should be grateful for what we get. Tons of people wanted Universal to rebuild Kongfrontation but we got the 3D 360 ride instead (which isn't a bad thing). Was it what people wanted? No, but it WAS something that turned out to please many people.

Whether Universal decides to build an entire area dedicated to Back to the Future or it builds a variation of the 'Great Movie Ride', I'll be as equally as excited.
  • edited August 2011
    Again, all great points. The fact that doc and the time machine are still there means that there will be further developments for sure. I think that if they are gonna do something it will be in the next year or so as it's booming right now and seems to still be on the up.

I've never seen so many tributes, gatherings, events or merchandise. There's more time machine deloreans than standard cars now! A chap in Florida is selling $500 identical replica flux capacitors with customisation options and is rushed off his feet. Hell, there's even a GTA BTTF mod where you can do all sorts from the film and actually play a variation of the ride. The community is humongous! If they can't see the potential of a return ride, they have all quite simply gone crackers.

Anyone emailed Universal about it recently and had a reply? Maybe worth forwarding this thread to them ;-)
  • edited August 2011
    i want it back!
  • edited August 2011
    There have been petitions submitted to them by several different groups. I think the last group that submitted something did get a response (now they did it in person so take that into account) that they would consider it.

My guess is with the overwhelming demand to bring it back, it's not something that they're going to just simply ignore.

Now, I had only one complaint about that ride (and it's in the simpsons ride as well) and that is whoever operated the imax projectors in the ride had no idea what they were doing. I think I did submit something to the park about that problem but I dont' know if they got it or not.

The brightness settings of the projector were all incorrect. The contrast was set far too low and the brightness was set too low as well. So what you have is a faded grayish image in front of the simulator. As far as I could tell there were no alternate light sources to corrupt the image so this was likely the projector or the projectionist's fault.

I've noticed this in several theaters as well over the past 5 years, you need someone in the booth that knows what is a good image and what isn't a good image when the movie's on. Heck when I saw Captain America the theater had the screen aspect ratio set incorrectly for the first 20 minutes of the show.

Maybe I should apply for a job at UO and submit this as to why they should hire me. Anyone willing to let me put them as a reference? lol.

*starts memorizing the script to the Jaws ride just in case*
Sign in to comment in this discussion.