BTTF The Ride: 2

13»

Comments

• edited August 2011
    Maniac536 wrote: »
    Anyone willing to let me put them as a reference? lol.

Only if I'm able to use my George Peterson voice.

ab4d9cff34d9d4f7_blog_00738_ferris_buellers_day_off_house_up_for_sale.jpg
  • edited August 2011
    Only if I'm able to use my George Peterson voice.

ab4d9cff34d9d4f7_blog_00738_ferris_buellers_day_off_house_up_for_sale.jpg

That would be fine. :D :D:cool:

I just did a search on Universal Orlando's site for jobs there. Ironically enough there is no listed position for IMAX projectionist or anything of the sort. They are hiring general technicians and programmers but nothing listed for "needs to project an image on an imax screen that doesn't look like crap", just "responsible for hydrolics, drywall, concrete, bathrooms, etc". Anyways doesn't look like I'll be able to apply for a job. Valid florida drivers license is required and I'm from another state.

Oh and they are hiring skippers for the Jaws boat ride too. Turnaround on that ride must be pretty high. Wonder how many of those guys have been eaten.
  • edited August 2011
    Maniac536 wrote: »
    There have been petitions submitted to them by several different groups. I think the last group that submitted something did get a response (now they did it in person so take that into account) that they would consider it.

My guess is with the overwhelming demand to bring it back, it's not something that they're going to just simply ignore.

Now, I had only one complaint about that ride (and it's in the simpsons ride as well) and that is whoever operated the imax projectors in the ride had no idea what they were doing. I think I did submit something to the park about that problem but I dont' know if they got it or not.

The brightness settings of the projector were all incorrect. The contrast was set far too low and the brightness was set too low as well. So what you have is a faded grayish image in front of the simulator. As far as I could tell there were no alternate light sources to corrupt the image so this was likely the projector or the projectionist's fault.

I've noticed this in several theaters as well over the past 5 years, you need someone in the booth that knows what is a good image and what isn't a good image when the movie's on. Heck when I saw Captain America the theater had the screen aspect ratio set incorrectly for the first 20 minutes of the show.

Maybe I should apply for a job at UO and submit this as to why they should hire me. Anyone willing to let me put them as a reference? lol.

*starts memorizing the script to the Jaws ride just in case*

Sorry about the late reply, I've been so busy all week doing a migration for one of our clients.

Which group actually got a response? It would be great to speak to them and got a copy of their reply!

You're right, they can't ignore it, but then I really don't know why they WOULD ignore it. It clearly has demand and isn't in the slightest fading away. If anything it is only getting more popular with time. I'd say 80% of the people I know, young and old absolutely love BTTF and those who have gone on the ride would love a new adventure.

I know what you mean about the projection. Sometimes it was great, other times, not so good but it was still kick ass :-D

Well ive recently sent them an email too so I'll be sure to post my reply.

Good luck with the application, and if you get in be sure to show them this thread ;-)
  • edited August 2011
    It was a group on YouTube. Every once in a while I like to see some of the old home movies people post up of that ride and someone recently commented about doing that and they were told that as a response by whoever they gave the petition to, at least that's where I heard it. Don't know who they were, or who they were with.
  • edited August 2011
    If you want them to listen make a proper online petition for example using: epetition but im not sure if its free but there are free petition websites.

once you get say 1000 people send the link to the petition in a email to universal and beg them saying how back to the future the ride if it was updated would be awesome
  • edited August 2011
    Scnew wrote: »
    Explain what you mean then, please. What about the franchise is "staying"? There are no Doc Brown action figures because they wouldn't sell to the kids like Anakin Skywalker figures do. Fans haven't stopped liking it, sure, but what's creating new fans? Back to the Future The Game? It sold to BTTF fans or adventure game fans. And as a pretty bare bones adventure game, I have serious doubts that it would influence anyone who wasn't already a fan of the movies to go check them out.

I agree with this star wars is only popular because lego sets and tv shows keep getting made so its in peoples faces all the time so they one day get curious and watch the films which then makes them a fan.

you cant say the same about back to the future, in the past few years all we have had is the video games and i doubt kids are going to be impressed by them.

by the way sorry for the double post but i just had to say that. :)
  • edited August 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    I agree with this star wars is only popular because lego sets and tv shows keep getting made so its in peoples faces all the time so they one day get curious and watch the films which then makes them a fan.

you cant say the same about back to the future, in the past few years all we have had is the video games and i doubt kids are going to be impressed by them.

by the way sorry for the double post but i just had to say that. :)

I agree sort of, but the way in which they attract fans are completely different. BTTF makes new fans out of expensive merchandise and screen accurate time machines such as VideoBobs, Temporal FX, Bruce Coulombe etc. They can't build them quick enough for customers all around the world! They cost a fortune as it's the most iconic movie car to exist. Full scale screen accurate Flux Capacitors are flying out of the prop builders doors for £350/$500 a piece! eBay items that are rare go for a fortune and there's an insane amount of merchandise all over the net that are in very high demand. The re-release of the film in the Cinemas in 2010 was a huuuuge success as well as the bluray release.

People are now starting to appreciate this film even more with all the nonsense out today. It's fanbase continues to grow, but in a different way to Star Wars. 25 years later and Universal are STILL selling the Delorean toys in their stores and have Doc and the time machine in the parks. Kong doesn't have this, neither does Ghostbusters and most of their other spectacular past rides/movies. They know it's still very popular and would be totally insane to ignore it.

You're also missing the key point here....it's not a kids series! Star Wars isn't really either, although I do agree more kids would relate to Star Wars a bit better in most cases. BTTF is a young - mature adults trilogy and there's far more potential cash wise for this. What are kids going to do, save up their pocket money to buy the occasional figure? ;-)
  • edited August 2011
    I agree sort of, but the way in which they attract fans are completely different. BTTF makes new fans out of expensive merchandise and screen accurate time machines such as VideoBobs, Temporal FX, Bruce Coulombe etc. They can't build them quick enough for customers all around the world! They cost a fortune as it's the most iconic movie car to exist. Full scale screen accurate Flux Capacitors are flying out of the prop builders doors for £350/$500 a piece! eBay items that are rare go for a fortune and there's an insane amount of merchandise all over the net that are in very high demand. The re-release of the film in the Cinemas in 2010 was a huuuuge success as well as the bluray release.

People are now starting to appreciate this film even more with all the nonsense out today. It's fanbase continues to grow, but in a different way to Star Wars. 25 years later and Universal are STILL selling the Delorean toys in their stores and have Doc and the time machine in the parks. Kong doesn't have this, neither does Ghostbusters and most of their other spectacular past rides/movies. They know it's still very popular and would be totally insane to ignore it.

You're also missing the key point here....it's not a kids series! Star Wars isn't really either, although I do agree more kids would relate to Star Wars a bit better in most cases. BTTF is a young - mature adults trilogy and there's far more potential cash wise for this. What are kids going to do, save up their pocket money to buy the occasional figure? ;-)

i know what you mean but star wars have more ways of getting fans whilse bttf doesnt!!
  • edited September 2011
    Yes I would love a second one but apparently a girl died on the first one, also there are rumours going around that a second ride is being planned!!
  • edited September 2011
    i know what you mean but star wars have more ways of getting fans whilse bttf doesnt!!

The thing is, with a film like BTTF....does it really need any more fans? I can kind of understand about the kids, but even Star Wars is a bit 'geeky' and more for adults so i'm still not quite sure I understand your point fully. Universal is very much an adult park, do some people looking next time you're there and you'll soon see.

Can you actually imagine the sheer hype/madness of a second ride? It would completely pack out Universal, it's already on it's limits on its busy periods (pretty much all the time).
  • edited September 2011
    What was I saying about merchandise. Nike Mags going for insane amounts of money. Just goes to show how much potential there is for this ride now/ in 2015 they could sell power laced versions of Mags in the park and be swimming in cash.
  • edited September 2011
    What was I saying about merchandise. Nike Mags going for insane amounts of money. Just goes to show how much potential there is for this ride now/ in 2015 they could sell power laced versions of Mags in the park and be swimming in cash.

my point is its not making as many fans as star wars, kids arnt gonna pay 4000+ for a pair of trainers and even if they did theres not much saying its inspired by back to the future except from the fact there is a delorean time travelling but then people who havnt seen the films wouldnt understand it all they would know is that its a cool advertisment.
  • edited September 2011
    my point is its not making as many fans as star wars, kids arnt gonna pay 4000+ for a pair of trainers and even if they did theres not much saying its inspired by back to the future except from the fact there is a delorean time travelling but then people who havnt seen the films wouldnt understand it all they would know is that its a cool advertisment.

In all fairness, you have already made that point but it completely doesn't add up. This isn't a kids movie, its adult based and they are the ones who can really afford to go to the parks and buy expensive merchandise. Who cares if kids aren't into it? And with that aside, I know plenty of kids who love BTTF. Last time I was at Universal tons of kids were running up to the Delorean screaming "look mum it's doc" or "look, back to the future".

I have to also point out once more... Universal is around 90% adults so why would it matter that such a small percentage of kids didn't like it?! This isn't Disney with bouncing Bambi and Beauty and the Beast, this is legendary adult entertainment.
  • edited September 2011
    In all fairness, you have already made that point but it completely doesn't add up. This isn't a kids movie, its adult based and they are the ones who can really afford to go to the parks and buy expensive merchandise. Who cares if kids aren't into it? And with that aside, I know plenty of kids who love BTTF. Last time I was at Universal tons of kids were running up to the Delorean screaming "look mum it's doc" or "look, back to the future".

I have to also point out once more... Universal is around 90% adults so why would it matter that such a small percentage of kids didn't like it?! This isn't Disney with bouncing Bambi and Beauty and the Beast, this is legendary adult entertainment.

i ment to put adults as well but i have been use to putting kids so i forgot :D

anyway im serious now my point is that star wars is a great movie but back to the future is way better and desrves more fans but it doesnt have more fans, and about kids not liking it i see what you mean about bttf not being for kids as much but then think about star wars, i mean really is it so much of a kids movie compared to back to the future which could easily have kid fans.

now the only thing i might have to admitt is that tinie tempah which has millions of fans bought a pair of the nike shoes and it was all over the internet so it might turn some of his fans to watch the bttf movies.

but at the same time

you said about the blu-ray being a huge hit which it was but mostly because fans bought it and hear me out (read me out is more accurate) ok so the first 2 monthes they came out they were maybe taking up 2 shelfs but when i went back 2 monthes after the release they had dissaperd not because they were sold out but because the shop removed them and hey guess what replaced them with... star wars and im not even joking.

so my overall point is star wars is a good movie but films which are equally good or some are even better dont get as much attention...
  • edited September 2011
    but at the same time

you said about the blu-ray being a huge hit which it was but mostly because fans bought it and hear me out (read me out is more accurate) ok so the first 2 monthes they came out they were maybe taking up 2 shelfs but when i went back 2 monthes after the release they had dissaperd not because they were sold out but because the shop removed them and hey guess what replaced them with... star wars and im not even joking.

so my overall point is star wars is a good movie but films which are equally good or some are even better dont get as much attention...

I agree with this yoman and i witnessed this myself when i went to hmv and my local super-store.
  • edited October 2011
    According to Doc in Universal Florida, the ride is still there....i'm just not thinking 4th dimensionally :D He too thinks that another ride in 2015 would be a great idea, hopefully word will get to the decision makers and they'll realise what needs to be done.
  • edited October 2011
    By the way, for all the ride fans...here ya go! :D

sdc107720012.jpg

sdc107670017.jpg
  • edited October 2011

Hahaha, great pictures. I think the fact that you're wearing a BTTF: The Ride shirt makes it all the more better.
  • edited October 2011

sdc107720012.jpg

sdc107670017.jpg

Haha thats really good, we must start a terroist gang and say... Death to simpsons.
  • edited March 2012
    Of course they should bring it back. I got a chance to go on it once in the mid 90's. It was a magical moment to remember. I have been reading some of these BTTF message boards lately and it not so surprisingly amazes me that many of the fans that post are in the 30 and under age range. I am 52 and have been a fan of BTTF since day one.
  • edited March 2012

sdc107720012.jpg

sdc107670017.jpg

Those are some AWESOME photos! Bring it on!!!
  • edited March 2012
    Haha thats really good, we must start a terroist gang and say... Death to simpsons.

Thats stretching it.

I really want to fucking burn down that ride like the rest of this forum, but it's never gonna happen.
  • edited April 2012
    Bump! Come on telltale employees, pass this on to the guys at Universal. Better still, to Bob Gale who actually listens to the fans :cool:
  • edited April 2012
    I never go to ride it either :'(
Sign in to comment in this discussion.