Problems with download/activation: Episode 5

edited June 2011 in Back to the Future
So I see Ep 5 is able for download, though after the setup deal, there's a .dmg after it? Plz tell me that the file isn't damaged in some way.

Comments

• edited June 2011
    looks like thats the mac version
  • edited June 2011
    When will pc version be released ?
  • edited June 2011
    chucklas wrote: »
    looks like thats the mac version

Though why would the deal say PC then if that's the Mac one, did they get a little mixed up by chance?
  • edited June 2011
    It's likely the game isn't actually out yet as I was confused with the .dmg but didn't download it... will wait till both pc and mac download buttons are on so I know they should be right then.
  • edited June 2011
    ".dmg" is "disk image."
  • edited June 2011
    retry

i got dmg first time, now got the exe!!
  • edited June 2011
    t_lyth wrote: »
    It's likely the game isn't actually out yet as I was confused with the .dmg but didn't download it... will wait till both pc and mac download buttons are on so I know they should be right then.

Yeah, that's more then likely what I'm going to do.
    ".dmg" is "disk image."

Ah, though the thing is, none of the others had that when I tried to download them, but of course I didn't try until both versions were up.
  • edited June 2011
    They are putting the links up right now, I think it is all fixed now.
  • edited June 2011
    harrispca wrote: »
    retry

i got dmg first time, now got the exe!!
    chucklas wrote: »
    They are putting the links up right now, I think it is all fixed now.

yeah I just went back to the games page and both links are up there now :)
  • Ha now telltale should be shunned for posting misleading things instead of us.
  • edited June 2011
    Downloading, oh yeah!
  • edited June 2011
    Yep, sure enough, both versions are up now, awesome!
  • edited June 2011
    downloaded but its in German!!!
  • edited June 2011
    downloading right now!
  • edited June 2011

in German... do'h!
  • edited June 2011

The language isn't the issue since you can change it if its German in-game too, but after installing the game asks for a cd-key which you are NOT provided this time around and it doesen't let you do the typical log-in method.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Same here. Killed by DRM...
  • edited June 2011
    Lol German <facepalm>
  • edited June 2011
    will download again later when it comes out in english
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Got it in English, but still can't "activate" it.

OFFICIAL WORD, GUYS?
  • edited June 2011
    Damn!
  • edited June 2011
    damn, damn!
  • edited June 2011
    Where do we get the Securom serial? lol
  • edited June 2011
    This is funny.
  • edited June 2011
    Crap, maybe I should wait till later to get it, since it seems that downloading is having issues.
  • edited June 2011
    Only german when trying to download Back the the future episode 5.
    No option to choose language.
  • edited June 2011
    My speed is shot as well - Normally I can get it in about 5/10 minutes, I'm being quoted 5 hours now!
  • edited June 2011
    is only installer in german... dont panic... in game main screen you easly change language...

only problem is new activation system for game and ask serial number (in English :D)
  • edited June 2011
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering what's going on here, too. What the hell is SecurROM? Why do I suddenly need an activation key for this episode but not the others? Why was installation in German?

I want to play what I payed for. After waiting this long, I shouldn't have to go through crap like this.
  • edited June 2011
    dxdy wrote: »
    is only installer in german... dont panic

only problem is new activation system for game and ask serial number (in English :D)

Well, that's the problem, I don't think any of us have installer numbers either, none of the other games had anything of that sort.
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering what's going on here, too. What the hell is SecurROM? Why do I suddenly need an activation key for this episode but not the others? Why was installation in German?

SecuRom is a horrid DRM system, Telltale, I am dissapoint that you'd include it with the installer.
  • edited June 2011
    lol
    Serial invalid!
    Make sure that you typed in your Serial correctly!

Not funny :D

(Actually it's a bit funny, especially for the last episode, but i hope it'll get corrected soon enough).
  • edited June 2011

I want to play what I payed for. After waiting this long, I shouldn't have to go through crap like this.

I agree
  • edited June 2011
    Well, this sucks...
  • edited June 2011
    Ah, how teasing - especially when I thought I was seconds away from playing it!
  • edited June 2011

Me too
  • edited June 2011
    Must we resort to things like complaining about waiting too long and what are they doing and this isn't right? It hasn't been released for download yet because when it is Telltale will send us an email saying it is ready for download. If you attempt to download it before you get the email then any issues you have should be of no fault but your own for trying to get it too early. For full disclosure I had the same troubles discussed above because I tried getting it early too but I didn't curse out Telltale. Instead I decided I should have waited. Since it is still June 23rd nothing is late and no notice has been given of a delay or that the product is ready. RELAX already.
  • edited June 2011
    What the blue hell?
  • edited June 2011
    give it time guys.. I am sure it will be worth the wait
  • edited June 2011
    dinga6969 wrote: »
    Must we resort to things like complaining about waiting too long and what are they doing and this isn't right? It hasn't been released for download yet because when it is Telltale will send us an email saying it is ready for download. If you attempt to download it before you get the email then any issues you have should be of no fault but your own for trying to get it too early. For full disclosure I had the same troubles discussed above because I tried getting it early too but I didn't curse out Telltale. Instead I decided I should have waited. Since it is still June 23rd nothing is late and no notice has been given of a delay or that the product is ready. RELAX already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXz60f0HLU
  • edited June 2011
    Marty: "Tell me doctor where going this time"
    Doc: Great Scott! nowhere.... i dont have serial number.
This discussion has been closed.