Problems with download/activation: Episode 5

13»

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Telltale needs to stop rushing with their games. They need to re check everything before the final release. Seriously Telltale.
  • edited June 2011
    Glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem! Hey Telltale your games are great buy your verification/up load process is CRAP at best!!!!
  • edited June 2011
    English installer is now, downloaded again and my installer was english. This version have the proper drm. woohoo
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Errr... welll.... "welcome to the forums, mscottlogan".
  • edited June 2011
    i just redownloaded the setup and it asks your language right off the bat

...and it didn't ask for the registration ID
  • edited June 2011
    Glad Gmail still had my CD Key.

Got it to work. Yay for me :D
  • edited June 2011
    Telltale needs to stop rushing with their games. They need to re check everything before the final release. Seriously Telltale.

They just can't win. They get panned when an episode is delayed and they get panned when they get an episode out early on release day. Mistakes & problems happen, they're just human like the rest of us.
  • edited June 2011
    Glad to see that I am not the only one with this problem! Hey Telltale your games are great buy your verification/up load process is CRAP at best!!!!

Welcome to our forums. Also nice attitude :)

The installer is english, so just redownload it :D
  • edited June 2011
    good things come to those who wait
  • edited June 2011
    t_lyth wrote: »
    good things come to those who wait

Exactly:D
  • edited June 2011
    IT FINALLY WORKED!!!

I JUMPED RIGHT INTO MY MAILBOX AND SEARCHED FOR THE MAIL OF MY PURCHASE, DATED TO

DEC-21-2010 8:08am

WHERE IT SAID:

You bought some stuff!
    Not that we wouldn't love you just as much if you hadn't bought 2 whole things from our store. But now you're our favorite. Don't tell the others.
    Your Order ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Total Cost: $24.95
    The stuff in your order includes:
    • Back to the Future
    Your Serial Number for Back to the Future:
    XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

• Puzzle Agent
    Your Serial Number for Puzzle Agent:
    XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

I USED THIS SERIAL AND IT WORKED FOR ME!!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
  • edited June 2011
    They just can't win. They get panned when an episode is delayed and they get panned when they get an episode out early on release day. Mistakes & problems happen, they're just human like the rest of us.

This is my point exactly. Well said. I will once again point out that we still haven't gotten the email saying it's ok to download. Until that point your downloading at your own risk.
  • edited June 2011
    Just so no one misses it, the situation has been fixed. This was all due to a mistake on our end. If you download the PC version again from your My Telltale, that should solve all the problems associated with this.

Sorry for the trouble!
  • edited June 2011
    Yippie!
  • edited June 2011
    dinga6969 wrote: »
    Must we resort to things like complaining about waiting too long and what are they doing and this isn't right? It hasn't been released for download yet because when it is Telltale will send us an email saying it is ready for download. If you attempt to download it before you get the email then any issues you have should be of no fault but your own for trying to get it too early. For full disclosure I had the same troubles discussed above because I tried getting it early too but I didn't curse out Telltale. Instead I decided I should have waited. Since it is still June 23rd nothing is late and no notice has been given of a delay or that the product is ready. RELAX already.

Oh shut up. Your statement:
    If you attempt to download it before you get the email then any issues you have should be of no fault but your own for trying to get it too early.

Oh, that so? Must'a missed the memo on that one.

But wait, there's something awry here...I just...can't seem.....to...remem....OH YEAH! That's it. Too early? Try 23 days LATE, buddy. Most of us have been waiting for this release since two hours after DV came out. So don't give us the "Wahhh! It's not Late so y'all shuuuuld shaddduppp! Wahhh!" crap.

I, for one, don't want to hear it. Frankly, the way TTG does their releases, coupled with the episodic format, on top of the way-too-easy to beat games, I'm surprised a more competent designers haven't picked up the line and run with it. Any game company worth its salt could do a better job, if not in-game, at least presentation, support, and (most importantly) reliability-wise, TTG has been an absolute MESS and the only reason they're selling games is b/c they're the only game company focused on the niche that makes up their market.

That is, take every popular '80s-'90s movie or movie franchise and turn it into a Lucas-style Point&Click 'Adventure' game.

I just want what I paid for, when I was promised it.
    For full disclosure I had the same troubles discussed above because I tried getting it early too but I didn't curse out Telltale.

You, sir, had better wipe all that brown stuff off your nose; you're beginning to attract flies. And grow a set while you're at it, eh?

Full disclosure? What is this, Judge Judy? :rolleyes:
  • edited June 2011
    steam users ?!!! what do we do wait longer ?!
  • edited June 2011
    dinga6969 wrote: »
    This is my point exactly. Well said. I will once again point out that we still haven't gotten the email saying it's ok to download. Until that point your downloading at your own risk.

Uhhh, you're always, and I mean ALWAYS downloading at your own risk.

Hello? McFly?

Think, McFly, think!
  • edited June 2011

Steam users always wait longer
  • edited June 2011

We've given Steam the go-ahead to push the game live, so it should be available there very soon.
  • edited June 2011
    it is now live on steam thanks :D :D think i might give you 'caleb' a man hug lol
  • edited June 2011
    Anarion wrote: »
    Oh shut up. Your statement: ...

Oh, that so? Must'a missed the memo on that one.

But wait, there's something awry here...I just...can't seem.....to...remem....OH YEAH! That's it. Too early? Try 23 days LATE, buddy. Most of us have been waiting for this release since two hours after DV came out. So don't give us the "Wahhh! It's not Late so y'all shuuuuld shaddduppp! Wahhh!" crap.

I, for one, don't want to hear it. Frankly, the way TTG does their releases, coupled with the episodic format, on top of the way-too-easy to beat games, I'm surprised a more competent designers haven't picked up the line and run with it. Any game company worth its salt could do a better job, if not in-game, at least presentation, support, and (most importantly) reliability-wise, TTG has been an absolute MESS and the only reason they're selling games is b/c they're the only game company focused on the niche that makes up their market.

That is, take every popular '80s-'90s movie or movie franchise and turn it into a Lucas-style Point&Click 'Adventure' game.

I just want what I paid for, when I was promised it.

You, sir, had better wipe all that brown stuff off your nose; you're beginning to attract flies. And grow a set while you're at it, eh?

Full disclosure? What is this, Judge Judy? :rolleyes:

I didn't mean to sound like a person who enjoyed the products I paid for and have an understanding of how business works. I got your pair right here. Besides Mr. Awesome if you were so smart you wouldn't have bought this because according to you it sucks and is way to easy and could be done better. Why don't you stop being so "internet tough", plug your cake whole, and do a better job if it's so damned easy? Oh and about it being 23 days late your not the only one who missed the memo because I didn't see anything saying June 1st. Go ahead and respond I'll let you have the last word because I've already spent too much time on your clown of a life.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2011
    This issue has been resolved, so I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.