Problems with download/activation: Episode 5

Comments

• edited June 2011
    maybe instead of talking about wait this and wait that, someone from telltale could post some relevant information as to what's going on and why it keeps rejecting our serial number?
  • edited June 2011
    maybe instead of talking about wait this and wait that, someone from telltale could post some relevant information as to what's going on and why it keeps rejecting our serial number?

I don't even have a serial number, where do you get it?
  • edited June 2011
    dinga6969 wrote: »
    Must we resort to things like complaining about waiting too long and what are they doing and this isn't right? It hasn't been released for download yet because when it is Telltale will send us an email saying it is ready for download. If you attempt to download it before you get the email then any issues you have should be of no fault but your own for trying to get it too early. For full disclosure I had the same troubles discussed above because I tried getting it early too but I didn't curse out Telltale. Instead I decided I should have waited. Since it is still June 23rd nothing is late and no notice has been given of a delay or that the product is ready. RELAX already.

Its been released, i dont see how its our fault, telltale messed up and everyone has the right to complain. and in some countrys its the 24th so...
  • edited June 2011
    Must we resort to things like complaining about waiting too long and what are they doing and this isn't right? It hasn't been released for download yet because when it is Telltale will send us an email saying it is ready for download. If you attempt to download it before you get the email then any issues you have should be of no fault but your own for trying to get it too early. For full disclosure I had the same troubles discussed above because I tried getting it early too but I didn't curse out Telltale. Instead I decided I should have waited. Since it is still June 23rd nothing is late and no notice has been given of a delay or that the product is ready. RELAX already.

Y tend to agree with this, BUT

Shoudln't they set up the game properly for download AND THEN put the video promoting at the home page?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited June 2011
    As TTG seems to take some time preparing an official word, I'll repost what I just wrote in the Release date thread.

It seems like everyone gets the same PC version, the installer is in German, but clearly the English speech files get installed; but everyone gets asked for the registration key, which we can not provide. It's not displayed in the "My Games" page as with the other games, and the e-Mail order confirmation which might have included this key was deleted months ago.

If you just deinstall episode 5, however, you will not be able to run any episode. If you install ep 5 again, same thing because you get asked to enter the key.

If someone can claim this information is somehow incorrect or experiences other problems, please post it here quickly. We'll get this right. Also, there were no "premature" downloads here, causing this problem. Even the headline on this page states that all five episodes are released right now.
  • edited June 2011

They are in the middle of uploading it obviously and they do it in a way as to not have to close the site all day long. There is no relevant information to share. The next relevant information will be an email that says ok go download the last episode and have fun. Patience. I'm not trying to sound like someone from the PR department but we aren't owed anything here. It's still the 23rd and it is obvious they are in the middle of an upload because the game has shown up in some form. No business owes anyone a play by play commentary of what they are doing. I'd much rather they use their time to finish the product and tell me when they are done rather than take longer to say ok step one done....step two done....go watch the movie or something and try again later.
  • edited June 2011
    Unless this is one of the puzzles, find the serial key! Its the hardest puzzle yet! </sarcastic>
  • edited June 2011
    yoman45135 wrote: »
    Its been released, i dont see how its our fault, telltale messed up and everyone has the right to complain. and in some countrys its the 24th so...

We know that this game is released in the Pacific time zone in the U.S. If you didn't, now you do.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm sure it's being looked at. They tend to be around during releases for problems such as this.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm not saying people can't complain, you just make yourself look ignorant and ungrateful when this is the only company in almost 30 years to do something worth while with the license other than the movies.
  • edited June 2011
    We know that this game is released in the Pacific time zone in the U.S. If you didn't, now you do.

I do know that :D
  • edited June 2011
    the game's installation is in german. Is there a way to change the language to english in the options of the game?:confused:
  • edited June 2011
    Got it working!

If you still have your confirmation mail from back when you've ordered the game, you can find the activation key in there.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm not saying people can't complain, you just make yourself look ignorant and ungrateful when this is the only company in almost 30 years to do something worth while with the license other than the movies.

Only because they were asked to, and your basically saying, the ride, the animated series are worthless bits of crap, which is not true.
  • edited June 2011
    PedsterUK wrote: »
    Unless this is one of the puzzles, find the serial key! Its the hardest puzzle yet! </sarcastic>

The only difficult one at all so far...
  • edited June 2011
    cgcavanagh wrote: »
    the game's installation is in german. Is there a way to change the language to english in the options of the game?:confused:

this only german in instaler... in main game screan you can choose language which want but you cant start game without serial number....
  • edited June 2011
    @Vainamoinen
    The key given in the confirmation email doesn't work. It says it's not found.
  • edited June 2011
    Ashki wrote: »
    I don't even have a serial number, where do you get it?

WHen i ordered it gave me a serial number for all 5 episodes, but they're all the same number i just uninstalled all 5 episodes and am going to try again...
    this is worst than the psn going down :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    edited June 2011
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the last official TTG employee has just left the forum. :rolleyes:

Give 'em a minute. They're probably having a terrible brawl in the office right now. Oh, where are the cameras.
  • edited June 2011
    flobo wrote: »
    The key given in the confirmation email doesn't work. It says it's not found.

Mine did work.
  • edited June 2011
    yup its asking for a serial number here too.
  • edited June 2011
    Got it working!

If you still have your confirmation mail from back when you've ordered the game, you can find the activation key in there.

Yes, but most of us don't have it, and sadly, it's not displayed on the Your Games page.
  • edited June 2011
    Damn at this rate i wont be able to play it untill tommorow afternoon :(
  • edited June 2011
    Mine did work.

Mine did not work... :(
  • edited June 2011
    ...meanwhile the piranha gather, sensing blood.
  • edited June 2011
    Mine did work.

Did you use the serial number from this part of the email?

'Your Serial Number for Back to the Future:
    XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX'

Also did you enter it in that format?

Only because mine doesn't work.

Edit:

Ok it's worked this time! Maybe they're uploading everyone's serial numbers to the server?
  • edited June 2011
    same here.

although my mother tongue is german I got no language choice at all but while installing it decompresses english, german & french files.......

obviously my serial number has been erased from existance!!!

where do I get the correct one? do I have to wait for a lightning fluxing my laptop???
  • edited June 2011
    That's even weirder then, i'm speaking about the "full season" key, not one specific ep5 one.

I tried it with ot without - , won't work.
  • edited June 2011
    I am glad now I didn't try to install it with the german installer and will wait till TTG work out the bugs.
  • edited June 2011
    I just plugged in my serial number and got the game working in English, so the download is fine. It's just the activation system that's a little messed up at the moment.
  • edited June 2011
    mine doesnt work either:(
  • edited June 2011
    same thing happened to me.
  • edited June 2011
    t_lyth wrote: »
    I am glad now I didn't try to install it with the german installer and will wait till TTG work out the bugs.

All I can say is that I hope they put up an installer that doesn't require keys, cause most of us don't have ours.
  • edited June 2011
    german installer, and german drm and no key to put in. not fun.
  • edited June 2011
    lucky me... i found mail in archive and serial work!!!
  • edited June 2011
    dxdy wrote: »
    this only german in instaler... in main game screan you can choose language which want but you cant start game without serial number....
    well that stinks. the game most likely isn't ready to be downloaded, i'm just going to wait till telltale emails me.
  • edited June 2011
    The same problem here, the installation is on German, and then I've the serial problem too, I enter my serial that telltale gives me by email but doesn't work!
  • edited June 2011
    Great. I was hoping to play a little before work, but now I get to sit at my desk with BTTF on the brain all day. I'm not gonna get anything done.
  • edited June 2011
    Anyway to make In Game english?

I really don't speak German too well :P
    edited June 2011
    TTG Caleb seems to be creating a thread right now. Hope that settles some things.
This discussion has been closed.