Anyone know where I can find the comics?

edited July 2011 in The Walking Dead
I have been searching high and low for the walking dead comics, but it seems to be a hot seller in my neighborhood since I cant find a copy of it. So anyone know where I can find the comics? I would like to read the comics before I play the game.

Comments

• edited July 2011
    I bought mine from amazon. Buy compilation 1 to get you started.. it is really good.
  • edited July 2011
    ...a Bookstore?
  • edited July 2011
    Ribs wrote: »
    ...a Bookstore?

Yeah I'm kinda curious where this high and low that he searched was, exactly...
  • edited July 2011
    Just go to your local bookstore, preferably Barnes and Noble. Thanks to the TV show they keep TPBs of The Walking Dead pretty well-stocked.
  • edited July 2011
    Well I'm loving this but any idea when compilation 2 will be out? If it's too long then I don't know if I'd feel like waiting. How often does a new issue get released?
  • edited July 2011
    Masta23 wrote: »
    Well I'm loving this but any idea when compilation 2 will be out? If it's too long then I don't know if I'd feel like waiting. How often does a new issue get released?

New single issues come out about once a month. Sometimes a little faster, sometimes a little slower. Issue #86 is the most recent so it will probably be about 2 years until a new Compilation is released. You may want to switch to the smaller trades that contain about 6 issues each if you can't wait that long.
  • edited July 2011
    Darthcolin wrote: »
    New single issues come out about once a month. Sometimes a little faster, sometimes a little slower. Issue #86 is the most recent so it will probably be about 2 years until a new Compilation is released. You may want to switch to the smaller trades that contain about 6 issues each if you can't wait that long.
    Think I will. I am hooked and 2 years is a long time to wait. Is it possible to buy the issues individually? or do you have to wait for the volume?
  • edited July 2011
    I've bought volumes 9,10,11,12,13 and 14 now. Vol 15 is out in October right?
    I also hear of a trilogy of novels being released, which gives a backstory of the governor. That sounds interesting.
  • edited July 2011
    I also hear of a trilogy of novels being released, which gives a backstory of the governor. That sounds interesting.

Yeah. First book is coming out in a few months. I can't bring myself to read it. I read that damn issue #48 once. I can never read it again. Having just become a dad, it hit me too hard. It's such a cruel comic book. I hated Kirkman for a few weeks after that. As if the events in #46 weren't bad enough... Damn.

I absolutely hate the Governor. In that way, I suppose he is a well-written villain. Few characters and stories have affected me as much in comics and novels. But it's a ride I've been on once, I will bear the mark forever, and I don't want to do it again. I guess you could say The Walking Dead is a very, VERY, effective story.
  • edited July 2011
    You don't need to worry about searching high and low for the walking dead comics. Just visit the following site the get the high and low for the walking dead comics to play early.
  • edited July 2011
    Yeah. First book is coming out in a few months. I can't bring myself to read it. I read that damn issue #48 once. I can never read it again. Having just become a dad, it hit me too hard. It's such a cruel comic book. I hated Kirkman for a few weeks after that. As if the events in #46 weren't bad enough... Damn.

I absolutely hate the Governor. In that way, I suppose he is a well-written villain. Few characters and stories have affected me as much in comics and novels. But it's a ride I've been on once, I will bear the mark forever, and I don't want to do it again. I guess you could say The Walking Dead is a very, VERY, effective story.
    Agreed. after reading it I hated the govennor too. I guess it would be interesting to find out how he ended up being such a cruel man. Was he always like that? I'm guessing he wasn't and he used to be a normal family man.
  • edited July 2011
    I guess it would be interesting to find out how he ended up being such a cruel man. Was he always like that? I'm guessing he wasn't and he used to be a normal family man.

Well, There's going to be a book published around that subject soon, Named "The Rise of the Governor"
    It'll be released on October 11, 2011 :)
    I can't wait for it!
  • edited July 2011
    Jon NA wrote: »
    Well, There's going to be a book published around that subject soon, Named "The Rise of the Governor"
    It'll be released on October 11, 2011 :)
    I can't wait for it!
    yeah I know, I mentioned it in my previous post. Is Volume 15 due out in October too?
    Then you have the second series starting in october(seen a teaser trailer for it already). October is a great month for walking dead fans.
This discussion has been closed.