TFT3K: Telltale Fanfic Theater 3000

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Times New Roman, 12 pt font, and 1 inch margins?

Yeah...that's long.
  • edited September 2011
    Times New Roman, 12 pt font, and 1 inch margins?

Yeah...that's long.

One of the story's fans published it as a book on LuLu.com (no longer available) and its about as thick as your typical Robert J. Sawyer novel.

EDIT: Also TV Tropes is saying Marrissa is plagiarizing from Sue Mary. They both seem to have a similar crazed writing style, but not much else. There's no mention of Invader Zim or Portal in Sue Mary's works, Harry Potter is nothing like the ITS MY LIFE one (except Snape is called Sanpe once) and Sue Mary's spelling is much worse.
  • edited September 2011
    One of the story's fans published it as a book on LuLu.com (no longer available) and its about as thick as your typical Robert J. Sawyer novel.

EDIT: Also TV Tropes is saying Marrissa is plagiarizing from Sue Mary. They both seem to have a similar crazed writing style, but not much else. There's no mention of Invader Zim or Portal in Sue Mary's works, Harry Potter is nothing like the ITS MY LIFE one (except Snape is called Sanpe once) and Sue Mary's spelling is much worse.

I think it's the style that was copied, not the content. I mean, they both use "happied", "o mouthed", "....SOME RECURRING VILLAIN!" and similar things like that.
  • edited September 2011
    Hmm, (puts on tinfoil hat). What if Marrissa isn't plagiarizing Sue Mary but... THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!?!?!
  • edited September 2011
    MIND=BLOWN.

No, seriously. For some reason that never occurred to me, even though it seems so obvious!
  • edited September 2011
    Hmm, (puts on tinfoil hat). What if Marrissa isn't plagiarizing Sue Mary but... THEY'RE THE SAME PERSON!?!?!

I've actually been thinking that. But if that's true, then we were wrong about not having to MST Marrissa for a while.

Fellow riffers, I have found my place for the other half a rage

-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
  • edited September 2011
    This news does not come as a shock to me. In fact, there might be other trollfic writers under more than one alias.
  • edited September 2011
    Two new TFT3K episodes and a new solo MST by Remolay have been added to the first post.
  • edited September 2011
    Um, Ring. You forgot to mention that Irken Love Chapter 3 is in the Sue Marry episode for some reason.
  • edited September 2011
    Insane Guy of Doom is Sue Mary. Does this affect the upcoming Sue Mary Part Two? Nope.

EDIT: After checking the wordcount, we'll have to do three parts if we want to get "her" entire works completely MSTd.
  • edited September 2011
    Insane Guy of DOOM is Sue Mary?

m-night-shyamalan-slick.jpg

WHAT A TWEEST!
  • edited September 2011

Coming from Sue Mary "her"self, that could mean... THEY ARE!

m-night-shyamalan-slick.jpg
  • edited September 2011
    *brain asplodes*
  • edited September 2011
    So, if IGoD is Sue Marry that means that...HE IS ALSO MARISSA! GASP!
    EDIT: :looks at the previous posts: Nevermind.
  • edited September 2011
    We should get LittleKuriboh to join our little group! I mean, look at how he and Takahata101 riff a Garfield badfic...

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/09/garfields_royal_rumble_now_animated_and_out_loud.php
  • edited September 2011
    lattsam wrote: »
    We should get LittleKuriboh to join our little group! I mean, look at how he and Takahata101 riff a Garfield badfic...

http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/09/garfields_royal_rumble_now_animated_and_out_loud.php

LittleKuriboh? Of Team Fucking Fourstar? I don't know if he'd go for it, but we could contact them and see what happens?
  • edited September 2011
    Um...not to rain on everybody's parade, but they seem to have a pretty good setup already. Why would they want to change?
  • edited September 2011
    Insane Guy of Doom is Sue Mary. Does this affect the upcoming Sue Mary Part Two? Nope.

EDIT: After checking the wordcount, we'll have to do three parts if we want to get "her" entire works completely MSTd.

• edited September 2011
    Yeah...it sucks to have your cover blown. Luckily, nobody will ever be able to penetrate my own fanfic pseudonym! ALCORE MORTIS. See? It's so simple and close to my actual name that nobody would guess it!

...well...until now. Damn. This is why I should never be a double agent.
  • edited September 2011

The question still stands. Are you Marissa?
  • edited September 2011
    I would prefer not to speak further on these matters. :rolleyes:
  • edited September 2011
    I would prefer not to speak further on these matters. :rolleyes:

So, you are, then. That's perfectly fine. I won't post it on TVTropes.
  • edited September 2011
    Well, Mr. Doom, I'd like to reiterate my previous sentiments about how much I did enjoy the horrible Marrissa fics. Going insane multiple times was a fair price to pay for the enjoyment I got MSTing them.
  • edited September 2011
    I think horrible fanfictions are best when their kept a mystery on whether its genuine or not. That's why I think My Immortal is so popular compared to other notable badfics like Peter Chimera (its known he's a troll) and Christian Humber Reloaded (its known his story was genuine).
  • edited September 2011
    I think horrible fanfictions are best when their kept a mystery on whether its genuine or not. That's why I think My Immortal is so popular compared to other notable badfics like Peter Chimera (its known he's a troll) and Christian Humber Reloaded (its known his story was genuine).

To me... it honestly doesn't matter, I'll MST it anyway.
  • edited September 2011
    Actually, one of My Immortal's co-writers confessed that My Immortal is just a trollfic.
  • edited September 2011
    Here's my first solo MST! It's of a fanfic called "Garfield: First Blood", by ShakespeareHemmingway. If you're a fan of Garfield, beware of OOC moments!

https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1Ah0fAuqZEbPXvB-J9-hrW4ZHtvk__Yl1xY9yA6z5cgk
  • edited September 2011
    Actually, one of My Immortal's co-writers confessed that My Immortal is just a trollfic.

I've also read websites confessing the opposite. There was a fan-comic that had a pretty legitimate sound story about the origin of My Immortal. According to it Tara was serious when writing it, but intended it to be somewhat funny and is now extremely embarrassed by the story.

I'll find the link later, it was on TV Tropes I think.
  • edited September 2011
    You know, I really want to interview you. So, would you like to be interviewed by me and possibly the other members of the TFT3K?
  • edited September 2011
    You know, I really want to interview you. So, would you like to be interviewed by me and possibly the other members of the TFT3K?

That depends, how public would this interview be? Would it just be between the TFT3K riffers or more open?
  • edited September 2011
    That depends, how public would this interview be? Would it just be between the TFT3K riffers or more open?

Just between TFT3K and you. Or are you talking about if it's going to be released publically or not?
  • edited September 2011

We plan to learn all your secrets for blackmail material. We will release them to the world if you do not do our bidding! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA- oh wait. I was supposed to leave that speech until after the interview. Damn.
  • edited September 2011
    We plan to learn all your secrets for blackmail material. We will release them to the world if you do not do our bidding! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA- oh wait. I was supposed to leave that speech until after the interview. Damn.

Oh, great. You ruined the surprise.

Seriously, though, we'll try to keep this civil.

...pfpfchpfkcph... BA HA HA HA HA HA HA!
  • edited September 2011
    Just between TFT3K and you. Or are you talking about if it's going to be released publically or not?

I mean it's release. I would not want to be more public than already about ITS MY LIFE! My inspiration Peter Chimaera once said "A bad story isn't nearly as a funny when you know for a fact it was written that way on purpose".
  • edited September 2011
    I mean it's release. I would not want to be more public than already about ITS MY LIFE! My inspiration Peter Chimaera once said "A bad story isn't nearly as a funny when you know for a fact it was written that way on purpose".

Yeah, I don't think that's going to be any trouble. TVTropes hasn't even made the "you=Sue Mary" connection.

EDIT: Wait, better idea: We release it publically, but never state who you actually are, outside of this thread(the last few posts from this thread can even be deleted, if you want). We'll just have you listed as "The Writer" or something.
  • edited September 2011
    I have to disagree with him there. If you know it's trollfic, you find it funny because you know it's not serious, but when it's serious it just makes you feel sorry for the author, example: If My Immortal was actually serious I wouldn't laugh because no one can write a serious fic that's as horrible as this and not have some kind of mental disorder.
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah, I don't think that's going to be any trouble. TVTropes hasn't even made the "you=Sue Mary" connection.

EDIT: Wait, better idea: We release it publically, but never state who you actually are, outside of this thread(the last few posts from this thread can even be deleted, if you want). We'll just have you listed as "The Writer" or something.

How about list it as either "Interview with Sue Mary" or "Interview with a Trollfic Writer", and have the realization that its also MarrissaTheWriter be a surprise for those willing to read through it? I'd be fine with that.
  • edited September 2011
    I concur with the Interview with a Trollfic Writer one, mainly because The Writer is the name for the villain in my Deadpool fanfic that I'm totally still working on.
  • edited September 2011
    How about list it as either "Interview with Sue Mary" or "Interview with a Trollfic Writer", and have the realization that its also MarrissaTheWriter be a surprise for those willing to read through it? I'd be fine with that.

How would that work, exactly? We start off with only Sue Mary questions, then about halfway through reveal the whole Marissa thing and ask about that? Or just ask completely ambiguous questions that could be for either Sue or Marissa and only hint at the Marissa thing until the end?
  • edited September 2011
    How would that work, exactly? We start off with only Sue Mary questions, then about halfway through reveal the whole Marissa thing and ask about that? Or just ask completely ambiguous questions that could be for either Sue or Marissa and only hint at the Marissa thing until the end?

Whichever you prefer, either of those sound good.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.