TFT3K: Telltale Fanfic Theater 3000

Comments

• edited May 2012
    "I shall never become part of this system. "

Explains nothing...

"Our whole universe was in a hot dense state until a magical unicorn discovered us on the internet wait.....What? "

... You have my attention.

"Loki/OC, Bruce/OC. "

OC... Oh Crap.

"The Avengers are a wolf pack"

I am okay with this.

"ThorxLoki"

Oh dear lord no. I hate you already.

"Invader Zimmerman"

Obvious Trollfic. This should be fun...

Bring It On
  • edited May 2012
    Oh just wait until I start finding the Banner/Stark fics. Or if we were to do that Hawkeye/Loki lemon. It wasn't poorly written... but it WAS extremely disturbing.
  • edited May 2012
    Yay! TTFT3K is back in action!
  • edited May 2012
    One. Hour.

That's how long it took us to get this new MST done. And what a MST it is.

We've got two HORRIBLE My Little Pony songfics by an author named Killjoy, based on Lonely Island and Barenaked Ladies songs.

Joining us is NEW MEMBER Insane Guy of DOOM, and a guest riffer from another Killjoy MST, Fallen Prime.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hYjZu173iFmmde6dD044Ih0zTsTzPP4H_TYjnoE2BCs/edit
  • edited May 2012
    MSTs I forgot to post here:

Ghost Rider, with Fallen Prime

Secret under the Suit (Reader discretion advised)
  • edited May 2012
    Er, sorry. The second link should be fixed now.
  • edited May 2012
    That story was called Secret Under the Suit?
  • edited May 2012
    That story was called Secret Under the Suit?

Yes, yes it was.
  • edited June 2012
    To celebrate Sue Mary's new home on tumblr, here's a BRAN NOO STORAY!

Alien Begin:
    http://suemaryfanfiction.tumblr.com/
  • edited June 2012
    To celebrate Sue Mary's new home on tumblr, here's a BRAN NOO STORAY!

Alien Begin:

I'm beginning to wonder if Sue Mary is a zeenomorf herself... her stories are written in an otherworldly language! :D

Yep, this one's definitely getting a dramatic reading from me!
  • edited June 2012
    All the "lost" Sue Mary stories (those TTFT3K hasn't yet MSTed) are now on the tumblr! You can once more read the epic love stories of Isaac Clarke and Tali'zorah, be enamored by Dexter's quest for vengeance against Lightning McQueen, and witness Stephen Merchant find powerups on the ground.
  • edited June 2012
    All the "lost" Sue Mary stories (those TTFT3K hasn't yet MSTed) are now on the tumblr! You can once more read the epic love stories of Isaac Clarke and Tali'zorah, be enamored by Dexter's quest for vengeance against Lightning McQueen, and witness Stephen Merchant find powerups on the ground.

Yay! I'm glad to know that even though those horrible people deleted Sue Mary's account, she can still live on.

Though the knowledge that that group is still running around and getting accounts deleted really irks me. Makes me almost want to dust off Zythera Komoto and mess with their command structure a bit, proverbial guns blazing and so forth.
  • edited June 2012

Though the knowledge that that group is still running around and getting accounts deleted really irks me. Makes me almost want to dust off Zythera Komoto and mess with their command structure a bit, proverbial guns blazing and so forth.

It's worse than that. According to WTFfanfiction on tumblr a second group has formed that's even worse. Literature United or something like that. They deliberately flame people, and even have a section called "the story graveyard" where they can mock stories that they got taken down.
  • edited June 2012
    It's worse than that. According to WTFfanfiction on tumblr a second group has formed that's even worse. Literature United or something like that. They deliberately flame people, and even have a section called "the story graveyard" where they can mock stories that they got taken down.

Oh, I have GOT to troll them. I will whip out The REAL Deal and comrades for that one if necessary. Will take some planning though.

Edit: So I went to the Critics United thread, instead, and decided to try and see how they would react to a well reasoned argument against their policies.
    While I do appreciate the upsurge in critical reviews that your movement has inspired, I must say that I'm slightly, shall we say, disturbed by the gross number of deletions that have resulted from it. I'm no stranger to a negative reaction when I review something, or to creative violations of the rules (Once found a fic that consisted of nothing but "YIFF IN HELL, FURF**S" [but not censored] copy-pasted over and over for pages and pages. Fairly uninteresting read, but I digress), however I feel that these mass deletions are a harsh response to a rather insignificant problem.

Harsh reviews, I get. Really, I do. I've left a number myself, but these deletions bespeak censoring, which I will stand against until my account is deleted. Which, will probably be fairly soon, given the current climate. I know your group is primarily concerned with actual rule violations (Or, at least, I hope you are), but what you've started has inspired others to band together and sponsor other mass removals of fics, not always because of rule-breaking.

I'm not going to question whether you have a life, because I don't have a life and that would be rather hypocritical of me to call you out on it when I'm the one here typing this stupidly long reply that nobody will read. And, you know, reading horrible fanfiction because it's fun. (Yes, I said fun. Some of us enjoy downing a few bottles of brain bleach a day.) But I can't believe that there isn't anything else you guys would rather be doing. Build something, learn how differential calculus works, pick up an instrument, write a book... I dunno. I'm building an arc reactor, but to each his/her own.

I'm just saying that this is an awful lot of time and effort put into something that matters very little in the long run. It's also kind of futile. Sorry to break it to you, but fanfiction.net will probably remain the Pit of Voles regardless of how many violating fics and authors are removed from it. It's just the nature of the site, really. If you got rid of all the rule-breakers, there'd be nobody left.

I should know, I've been here since I was a wee high school kiddy-wink who thought that writing Mary-Sue trollfics and self-insert parodies was the epitome of wit. You can probably tell from the childish way that my username is entirely in capitals, or how my profile page mentions "craunching marmosets" as one of my hobbies. I don't even know what that means anymore! If you told me back then that my fics were in violation of the rules, I probably would have ignored the comment because I didn't know you could reply to comments back then. So, should I turn myself in now, or wait for the gestapo to carry me away, screaming in the night, to deviantart?

I would love to say that I eagerly await an elegantly worded reprimand, but using "eagerly" seems to insinuate that I'll be sitting next to my keyboard for the rest of the night, hitting "refresh" every few minutes. Since I don't want anyone operating under false pretenses, I'm stating here very plainly that I will only be hitting "refresh" until about four in the morning. Just to be clear.

~Alcoremortis, The Killjoy Extraordinaire, esteemed member of TFT3K

Addendum: Also, if you must delete any of my work, please don't get rid of the one where my self-insert splits into two people and then makes ice-cream with Commodore Norrington. I'm rather partial to that one.

I was instantly banned from their forum and received the following PM:
    We don't delete stories. The site admins do. Is it that hard to understand?

I was also blocked from responding to said PM. So, as I was saying about censorship...
  • edited June 2012
    Of course, if you tell the same to the admins they'll probably tell you that they're highly disappointed by the idea that their site is not about collecting works of at least a minimum quality.

I suggest trollfics to move to Archive of Our Own. I can hand out a few invites, PM me if you want one.
  • edited June 2012
    Archive of Our Own supports trollfics? I assumed they wanted only "serious" works. Then again, you could say my trollfics are serious at least, as I do spend a lot of time planning them to make sure they're "so bad its good" instead of just awful.

If you wouldn't mind, I'd like an invite please.
  • edited June 2012
    Archive of Our Own supports trollfics? I assumed they wanted only "serious" works.

They'll have to since FanFiction.Net has failed us.

Also, look. It takes time for me to get invites, as it takes time for the automated queue to invite you, and on top of that, there are problems with their site.
  • edited June 2012
    They'll have to since FanFiction.Net has failed us.

Also, look. It takes time for me to get invites, as it takes time for the automated queue to invite you, and on top of that, there are problems with their site.

I thought you said you were handing them out? Maybe I misunderstood, if so, sorry for any confusion.
  • edited June 2012
    I thought you said you were handing them out? Maybe I misunderstood, if so, sorry for any confusion.

Like with the automated invite queue, I have to get invites before I can hand them out, and I didn't expect people to actually flood my inbox with them so I only got one.

I still think I'll give that particular one (when I get it) to IGoD instead of lattsam, mainly because I'd so like to see THE MARRISSA GAMES happen if not on FF.Net, then at least on AO3.

EDIT: So that you know I'm not lying, my AO3 profile is here.
  • edited June 2012
    Now they took down Invader Zim: Born Again Christian as well. The Trollficpocalypse is coming...
  • edited June 2012
    Nooooo!
  • edited June 2012
    Now they took down Invader Zim: Born Again Christian as well. The Trollficpocalypse is coming...

Where am I going to read about myself being crucified now?! WHERE?
  • edited June 2012
    I just got this review for TEEN FORTRESS 2:
    Dia:Oh hey, I realized trolling isn't gonna do anything except for you to take
    stories down, so yeah. Either A. Get some spelling and grammar lessons, or B.
    Endure the trolls. I'd much rather prefer A, though. This is the least flaming
    review I've ever written.

I feat it will soon join the others. :(
  • edited June 2012
    Also, found this in the AO3 Terms of Service:
    Unless it violates some other policy, we will not remove Content for offensiveness, no matter how awful, repugnant, or badly spelled we may personally find that content to be.
  • edited June 2012
    Based off what tvtropes said, I shall begin putting it on tumblr. Look:

• edited June 2012
    Based off what tvtropes said, I shall begin putting it on tumblr. Look:

Sue Mary and Marissa are BFFs! How cute!
  • edited June 2012
    THE MARRISSA GAMES: PRO-LOG: CARITURE BIOS is up!
  • edited June 2012
    As good a place to post this as any.
    Hunger Games: Satisfaction Games Consequences

Primrose Everdeen who was Katniss Everdeens younger sister was one day in her house in District 12 typing on a TV. She got a letter from her sister Katniss Everdeen that said that jabberjays and muttations were attacking her place and aksed her for help so she went.

Primrose Everdeen got her TV shut down and wet on the platform to go up to the roof of the building where she left her motorcycle and normal people close because she was in the mockingjay dress. Primrose Everdeen got on her motorcycl and said "its time for me to live up to my family name and face satisfaction games consequences" so she had to go.

Primrose Everdeen ramped off the building over the 200 ft electric fence and did a backflip and landed. She kept driving down the forest and made sure there was no muttations around because she ddint have bow/arrow.

The uninhabited contrysides were nice and the katniss plants were singing and the mockingjays and the sun was almost down from the top of the sky. the mood was set for Primrose Everdeens quest to help her sister where she was. Primrose Everdeen looked around the uninhabited countrysides and said "its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my sister to defeat the enemys".

Primrose Everdeen was late so she had to drive really fast. A snake/jabberjay combo was hidden near by so when Primrose Everdeen went by the snake came and wanted to give her a ticket. Here Primrose Everdeen saw the first monster because the snake was possesed and had jabberjays.

"I cant give you my lisense aminal" Primrose Everdeen said

"Why not?" said the jabberjay snake back to Primrose Everdeen

"Because you are jabberjay muttation" so Primrose Everdeen shot the snake in the head and drove off thinking "my sister is in trouble there" and went faster.

Primrose Everdeen had to go faster like the speed of sound and got there fast because Katniss Everdeen needed her where she was. Primrose Everdeen looked at a new 200 ft electoral fence and saw "Electric Shock Warning" with someons writing under it saying "de capital" so Primrose Everdeen almost turned around but heard screaming like Katniss Everdeen so she went faster again.

Primrose Everdeen drove over the fence and did another flip and jumped off her motorbike and the motor bike took out some more muttations infront of Primrose Everdeen. Primrose Everdeen smiled and walked fast. Primrose Everdeen then looked on the ground and found bow/arrow with 12 ritten on it so she pickd it up and fired fast at career triboots in front of the cornucopia.

Primrose Everdeen said "Career triboots leave this place" and the career triboots said "but this is our house" and Primrose Everdeen felt sorry for them becaus they couldnt live there anymore because they were career triboots and Katniss Everdeen needed winning the hunger games so Primrose Everdeen blew up the cornucopia and killed the career triboots so they were at piece.

Then Primrose Everdeen herd another scream from her sister Katniss Everdeen so she kept walking really faster to get where she was. The Capitol was nothing like the countrysides there was no mockingjays singing and the catnip pants were dead and teh dirt was messy and bloody from the bloodbath at cornucipia.

When Primrose Everdeen got to where the screaming was started from she found her sister Katniss Everdeen fighting Cato Ludwig and Katniss Everdeen said "Primrose Everdeen! Over here!" so Primrose Everdeen went there to where Katniss Everdeen was fighting. Primrose Everdeen fired her arrow from teh bow really fast and the arrows went and shot Cato Ludwig in the eyes and Cato Ludwig couldnt see.

Katniss Everdeen said "its time to end this ones and for all!" and punched Cato Ludwig in the face and Cato Ludwig fell. Primrose Everdeen said "thanks i could help, sis" and Katniss Everdeen said "you should come here earlier next time" and they laughed.

The laughed overed quickly though as the capital theme played and Seneca Crane said "welcome the victor of 74th hunger games Katniss Everdeen who is Primrose Everdeens older sister" and Primrose Everdeen yelled "LOOK OUT SIS!" and pointed up to the top of the sky. Katniss Everdeen looked up and said "NOO! Primrose Everdeen run out of here fast as you can!" and Primrose Everdeen walked real fast out.

Primrose Everdeen loked back and saw Katniss got steppd on by Zombee Peeta Mellark and she was mad and angry.

"I'll get you back Zombee Peeta Mellark!" Primrose Everdeen yelled at the top of lungs.

to be continued..?

Fact: While I was writing this, I got an email from Avaaz entitled "Stop the African hunger games". I'm reaction-less.
  • edited June 2012
    Here's a poster I made to promote the new Marissa Games fic:

the_marissa_games_poster_by_bad_asp-d53qtlo.jpg
  • edited June 2012
    lattsam wrote: »
    Here's a poster I made to promote the new Marissa Games fic:

Too late!

its_my_life___the_marrissa_games_by_asbusinessmagnet-d53ddqp.png

(Oh wait nevermind you know of my poster anyway.)
  • edited June 2012
    Presenting: Chapter 1 of THE MARRISSA GAMES!!!!

http://suemaryfanfiction.tumblr.com/post/25310789426/the-marrissa-games-chapters-1-the-big-reep

It features the "origin" of Katty Smithereens (Actually I came up with it while typing) and what I hope will become another infamous Marrissa Quote:
    “U cant taked Pim!” She sayd from the can but it was fulla direrhea now so she locked like Oksar the Gruch but with poo instod of garbag.

PS. Also I'm thinking about putting it on fanfiction.net to spite Critics United, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

EDIT: Also, I updated the Prolog: Cariture Bios, with some caritures I had forgotten to mention.
  • edited June 2012
    PS. Also I'm thinking about putting it on fanfiction.net to spite Critics United, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

Nah, an AO3 mirror will suffice.

For now, it's not getting a lot of hits, but I take it people go to AO3 to look for serious works, while in FF.Net trollfics are the main attraction.
  • edited June 2012
    Chapter two is up, featuring the BIGGEST TWIST AN TURN I EVER DONED!!!!!233

I actually didn't think of it until making this chapter, but I feel the "reel fans" will love it. Especially Alcore.
  • edited June 2012

I actually didn't think of it until making this chapter, but I feel the "reel fans" will love it. Especially Alcore.

Is MarissaTheWriter even aware of the concept of a continuity? Principal Business Man is more likely than not dead by now, and Skep was way younger than him in Portal High School.
  • edited June 2012

Ooh! Do we get killed in interesting ways?!
  • edited June 2012
    Ooh! Do we get killed in interesting ways?!

No, I'm referring to some FAN FAVORITE CHARACTERS.
    Is MarissaTheWriter even aware of the concept of a continuity? Principal Business Man is more likely than not dead by now, and Skep was way younger than him in Portal High School.

Marrissa's understanding of continuity is... volatile. That and I know you said you wanted to be a "reel fan" again, and I thought this would be a good way of undoing your treachery in Born Again Christian, lack of continuity and sense-making be darned!
  • edited June 2012
    No, I'm referring to some FAN FAVORITE CHARACTERS.

Is it... ALTAS AN P-BOY!?
  • edited June 2012
    I think this is the trollfic thread now, rather than the TFT3K thread.
  • edited June 2012
    I think this is the trollfic thread now, rather than the TFT3K thread.

We've got some stuff that will show up... at some point.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.