Comic Con 2011: Concept Art, Screenshot, Vanaman Talks

2»

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I don't know how you got ahold of our story doc for the season but this has drastic repercussions. We definitely need to re think the happy fat guy arc especially, now that this is out in the open.
  • edited July 2011
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't know how you got ahold of our story doc for the season but this has drastic repercussions. We definitely need to re think the happy fat guy arc especially, now that this is out in the open.

Dammit, Jake! That happy fat guy arc was what sold me on the game! You better not screw this up!
  • EricPEricP Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Jake, it's cool. They're way off base. I mean, to suggest that the happy fat man wears a bandana when he CLEARLY has a head of spiky hair....just silly. They're certainly no closer to discovering that the happy fat man is actually the one who caused the zombie apocalypse in the first place. And I....dang.
  • edited July 2011
    Guys !!!! I discovered the truth !!! THEY wanted YOU to think that was a happy fat guy... But all those lines are only there to make you BELIEVE he is !

Look at the frightening truth :O !!!

evilfatguy.jpg

Yeah that's right.

It's Evil Fat Guy. This game is going for M rated, now it's guaranteed. :O

God saves us all, he might eat our souls while we're playing ... Damn you, evil geniuses behind this (TELLTALE !) .
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    The latest from the Walking Dead! My episode's story arc revealed. Shh, don't tell anyone...

img20111003140050.jpg
  • edited October 2011
    OMG, there's a long road, probably the highway, and then a sunset, hm and those mysterious red things, hm, maybe blood, a bloody sunset? Or are they aliens or walking dead?

Hm, i don't think anybody can get into your mind...:p

So....Don't worry be happy *whistles*
  • edited October 2011
    Any news if telltale will be showing The Walking Dead game this week at the NY COMIC CON? Any news on if they will be there? I just took a peek at the exhibitors list and did not find them. I remember at the San Diego Comic Con Sean or Jake said that they were hoping to reveal more information on this game come NY CC.

Here's hoping they'll be there :)
  • edited October 2011
    5abanja wrote: »
    Any news if telltale will be showing The Walking Dead game this week at the NY COMIC CON? Any news on if they will be there? I just took a peek at the exhibitors list and did not find them. I remember at the San Diego Comic Con Sean or Jake said that they were hoping to reveal more information on this game come NY CC.

Here's hoping they'll be there :)

Come on Telltale, quit throving us down. This game is three squigles away from going on my wishlist and 5 squHIGhelieeses from going on my preorder when avilable list. But I REALLY need to see some footage before I can add a squigle or two.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Telltale's not going to be at NYCC after all! Sorry, guys. Nintendo Boy, I promise we'll have some squiggle-worthy footage soon. :) Sorry for the continued hiding away.
  • edited October 2011
    Telltale's not going to be at NYCC after all! Sorry, guys. Nintendo Boy, I promise we'll have some squiggle-worthy footage soon. :) Sorry for the continued hiding away.

I hope I'm not sounding rude, but this silence is starting to get grating. We've gone through E3, SDCC, Gamescom, PAX, and now NYCC without a single clue of what the gameplay is like. I mean, I know it's par for the course for Telltale not to talk about stuff until really close to release, but we don't even know how the game's going to play. Generally, the gameplay is one of the first things you hear about a game (as it should be, since it's kind of a big factor when it comes to influencing a purchase).

I know you're probably not showing off The Walking Dead because you don't have any proper trailers prepared or something like that, and that's fine. I don't really need that. But if you could just type a description of how the game will play, that'd be a huge help.

Again, sorry if I'm coming off as a dick (that's definitely not my intent), just needed to get that off my chest.
  • edited October 2011
    Better be caught by surprise than be spoiled.
    Keep the secrets as long as you can. :D
  • edited October 2011

Hey if the designer says it's squiggle-worthy then it totally must be, totally!
    I hope I'm not sounding rude, but this silence is starting to get grating. We've gone through E3, SDCC, Gamescom, PAX, and now NYCC without a single clue of what the gameplay is like. I mean, I know it's par for the course for Telltale not to talk about stuff until really close to release, but we don't even know how the game's going to play. Generally, the gameplay is one of the first things you hear about a game (as it should be, since it's kind of a big factor when it comes to influencing a purchase).

Yeah, from what tid-bits I've heard of the gameplay so far might soully be the reason why I buy it. Which is also why I gots to hear more of it.
    I know you're probably not showing off The Walking Dead because you don't have any proper trailers prepared or something like that, and that's fine. I don't really need that. But if you could just type a description of how the game will play, that'd be a huge help..

I would be satisfied even with another podcast, the first one was great; and (not to be are Stereotypically Usernameish or whatever the kids these days call it) I was chuckling when Sean and Jake were arguing and reminissing over some of the level design of Super Mario Sunshine. Though I would be satisfied with more of those just talking about the gameplay. :)
    Again, sorry if I'm coming off as a dick (that's definitely not my intent), just needed to get that off my chest.

You're not being a dick, just a fan despartae for the in-sights of the game they wanted know about and if they're going to buy it. Just like me ;)
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2011

I know you're probably not showing off The Walking Dead because you don't have any proper trailers prepared or something like that, and that's fine. I don't really need that. But if you could just type a description of how the game will play, that'd be a huge help.

As The New Guy(TM), take everything below with an appropriately large grain of salt...

As a lifetime gamer, I understand how frustrating it is when you go what feels like forever without new information, or without information that will make or break how you feel on the game.

I just want you guys to know that we aren't trying to keep stuff from you to be big jerks, or because we don't care about getting you guys excited about the game. We love you guys, and know how much you want to see and know stuff, I promise! Trust me, we all want that too.

That being said, when images/videos/gameplay info get released, it's because a lot of people have worked to get it to a place that is 100% indicative of the game we're all so amped to be working on. You'd be surprised how often people see/hear/play something that has something like WORK IN PROGRESS stamped all over it, and mentally dismiss that part.

So, we hear you. I'm sure Jake or Sean will have plenty to tell you guys as soon as they can. Sorry for the uber-vague non-answer, but I thought you at least deserved to know that we understand!

P.S. If it helps at all, as The New Guy(TM), I can say that whenever I see what people are working on, I go:
    1282786204310.jpg?1291157859
  • edited October 2011
    That being said, when images/videos/gameplay info get released, it's because a lot of people have worked to get it to a place that is 100% indicative of the game we're all so amped to be working on. You'd be surprised how often people see/hear/play something that has something like WORK IN PROGRESS stamped all over it, and mentally dismiss that part.

Fair enough. I can understand wanting to stay quiet because the game's still subject to change. However, like I said, I don't really need specific details. Obviously more information is better, but it's not really a necessity. All that I really need is a description, even a quick, one-sentence one, of what the gameplay is like, and I'm assuming that's already been set in stone.

But anyway, thanks for the reply. I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.