Win a BttF poster from SDCC! (contest is over)

edited November 2011 in Back to the Future
I've got two BttF posters and mini prints to give away.

We're going to have some lengthy contest coming up for I'll keep this one short and simple.

Give me the tl:dr (or twitter summary) version of the BttF game story line. It can be funny, accurate, or just plain silly. I'm going to limit it to three sentences.

Example: a tl;dr summary of Twilight (I've never read it) might be something like-
tl;dr He's a sparkly vampire. They get married. They move to Ohio.

The community will vote on this Monday at 1 pm.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    tl;dr: Back to the Future The Game Summary

Marty goes to 1931 to save Doc. They screw up the timeline so bad, Einstein himself would say "Great Scott!" But, in the end everything is still screwed up, when future Marty's come and try to get Doc to come back to the future with them, where everything is STILL screwed up!
  • edited August 2011
    Oooh I want to try.

Marty+Delorian= 7 hrs of my life gone.
  • edited August 2011
    And I'm going to add that moderators can join in too since I'm the only one that planned this.
  • edited August 2011
    tl;dr:

After Marty gets colon cancer, it's up to Doc Brown and his army of midgets to acquire enough plutonium from the Doc's native time - the future - to create a negative tumor to cancel out Marty's colon tumor. However, things heat up when the Doctor (the Time Lord) arrives and proclaims that there "Can Be Only One."
  • edited August 2011
    Tl;dr haiku:

The Great Depression
    Led to desperate measures by
    Insane arsonist.
  • edited August 2011
    Marty messes up the timeline by screwing up young Emmett Brown's life. He restores the timeline by screwing up Emmett's life some more.
  • edited August 2011
    tl;dr:
    It is a game based on the Back to the Future franchise. Give me a poster.
  • edited August 2011
    Doc screws up bad,Marty try to fix but make it worse and long story short at the end they dont really care to fix it.
  • edited August 2011
    tl:dr Marty will never learn to stop messing up time and makes 7 separate timelines before all is "well".

EDIT: I did this for just a small laugh. No interest in winning a poster since I already got one on eBay.
  • edited August 2011
    A series of Clock shattering proportions.
    Doc Brown and Marty Mcfly are back!
    Buckle up! you gonna see some serious S**t!
  • edited August 2011
    tl:dr, Einstien was the World's First Time traveller. Now, He Holds the title of World's First Flying Car passenger. Two Words: Record Breaker
  • edited August 2011
    Marty goes back to 1931. Interacts with some objects. Everyone is disappointed.
  • edited August 2011
    tl:dr:

Marty goes to save Doc Brown,
    But paradox makes a police town.
    They humiliate Edna and save the day,
    What happened to Einstein I cannot say

(Exactly 140 characters!)
  • edited August 2011
    tl:dr BTTF Summary:

Marty goes to 1931 to save Doc and then fix the timeline and then fix the timeline again and then goes to an expo, fixes the timeline again twice, then messes up his future.
  • edited August 2011
    So, there's this time machine, right? Anyway, they try to use it for stuff, but using time machines for stuff is never a good idea, due to like...paradoxes and stuff. Luckily, they have a time machine, so they can fix it.
  • edited August 2011
    Marty Mcfly, time traveling cockblock extraordinaire, goes back in time to stop Doc Brown from getting laid during his prime.
  • edited August 2011
    Time travel happens.

That's it.
  • edited August 2011
    Time travel happens.

Best.....Summary........Ever
  • edited August 2011
    tl;dr but too long for twitter:

Bye bye, got a car that can fly
    Put the pedal to the metal, gonna travel through time
    And good ol' Doc has got a plan we can try, to get back to our 1985
  • edited August 2011
    tl:dr BTTF Summary
    Doc gets caught up in a heap of trouble, which in turn, forces Marty to go Back in Time.
    Throughout five episodes Marty fights to bring himself back to the original timeline, but once everything is supposedly over, there are other different timelines that trace back to the McFly residence. This was all because Doc was trying to make a McFly family history, which was not worth destroying timeline after timeline......BUT BEFORE THEY CAN FIX THE FUTURE THEY HAVE TO WORK ON THE PRESENT!!!!!!
  • edited August 2011
    GREAT SCOTT this is HEAVY!!!
    Heres a short summary of the games' story:
    1.Doc+ ANY time travel, (in this case 1931) = A messed-up timeline that Marty always needs to fix.
    2. Marty+young Doc working together to save old Doc = A messed up timeline with a Tannen mob future.
    3. Marty+Trixie Trotter+young Doc's flying car+young Doc and Edna falling in love = A Police state/crazy town future with psycho Edna and "whipped by Edna" Doc as the commanders-in-control of Hill Valley.
    4.Marty+"whipped but becoming a man" Doc+Trixie Trotter = Young Doc getting a mental breakdown but then gets an idea for a new invention.
    5. Marty+real Doc working together to stop Edna and save Hill Valley = A FINALLY fixed Hill Valley future...or is it?

If you want to read a longer and funny virsion, of my look at the bttf game; read the following....

Marty is fine without Doc, then the time machine appears on his front lawn with a message from Doc saying " Come save my butt, and fix my timeline-altering mess again!" So Marty goes back to 1931 and finds doc's younger self and makes him invent a BIG drill to break old Doc from jail. After saving Doc from getting killed by Kid Tannen, and going back home, Marty soon realizes that the timeline is messed up another way, which made his dad a beat-up-lookia-like Steven Hawking (but with his own real voice,) because Kid Tannen was never put in jail.

Going BACK to 1931 AGAIN, Marty meets his future father-in-law; drunk, down, and depressed. He helps him become a man again and helps him arrest Kid Tannen (even though young Doc gets all the credit, for helping).But when Marty and Doc go back to the future AGAIN, Doc disappears, and the town of Hill Valley, is that of the city of Detroit, with brainwashed citizens, and "A Clockwork Orange" twist. Seeing that Doc fell in love with a power-crazy looney, Marty does everything to see Doc, then Marty saves Biff after he turns in to a hypnotized/brain dead zombie, by reminding him of some things that drive most men like Biff: Adult magazines, booze, and freedom-of-speech music. Marty then convinces the "whipped-by-Edna" Doc to go back with him, and help stop docs' younger self from making the same deadly mistake that a lot of guys make: marrying a power-mad psycho chick.

Doc then thinks that science was the cause of his misery, not Edna. So he and Edna plan to screw up young docs plans to become an inventor. After talking to Edna by prank calling her with the voice of Carl Sagan(old Doc and Edna's accomplice), you find out she's the speakeasy-arsonist with a weird thing for colorful flames. Marty then saves young Doc from choking to death in the submarine tank, and then young Doc and his own father have a man-to-man talk: yelling, screaming, and funny accents from the father of young Doc.

Edna then jacks the Delorean, goes back in time, and then loses her marbles due to a memory of something bad she did back then. Doc and Marty find her and try to get her marbles together to find out when and how she destroyed Hill Valley. After they go back to 1876 to stop Edna from starting the fire in the first place, and fix the timeline, they send Edna to jail in good-old Hill Valley, 1931, where she and Kid Tannen spend a lot of time together, and eventually get married and give birth to Biff (Go figure.)

Then Marty finds out that the beautiful Trixie Trotter is his own grandma!( I Could've gone either way on seeing that coming.) Going back home to 1986 with a FINALLY-fixed Hill Valley timeline, they are now happy things worked out in the end, until THREE different Marty’s from the future come and tell the 1986 Marty and Doc that the future is STILL jacked up!

P.S. Sorry if the second summary was WAY too long, I just wanted to tell the games' story in my vision, and make it funny as well. You can use which ever one of these' summarys you think is funnier for the contest.
  • edited August 2011
    tl;dr:

Things get "heavy."
  • edited August 2011
    Giant Tope wrote: »
    Marty Mcfly, time traveling cockblock extraordinaire, goes back in time to stop Doc Brown from getting laid during his prime.

My attempts to not laugh at this were in vain. :p
  • edited August 2011
    Doc is in 1931. Marty causes some serious shit. They fix it and then things are back to normal.
  • edited August 2011
    I like some these "Hilarious!"
  • edited August 2011
    TL;dr:

Don't hit on women you meet while time traveling. They might be your grandma.
  • edited August 2011
    tl;dr:

ha ha!
  • edited August 2011

Too Late O_o

xD
  • edited August 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    too late o_o

xd

lol ha ha!!:D
  • edited August 2011
    zelda42293 wrote: »
    Too Late O_o

xD

At least Marty hasn't done the nasty in the past-y.
  • I did PM this to amy but since people are posting theirs here. Here's mine

Marty finds out doc is dead in 1931, goes back to save him, succeeds, gets his grandpa killed, gets his grandpa unkilled, gets a mob boss off (not in the right way either), gets the mob boss back in jail getting doc hitched to a Strickland causing Hill Valley to get wussified into a police state. Marty goes back to 1986, finds doc is the one pulling the puppet strings, tells doc he's from an alternate timeline, proves to doc his wife is a nutjob before she tries to brainwash him before marty saves him, they go back to 1931, Marty succeeds in breaking up young emmett and Strickland, alternate doc goes away, unalternate doc comes back, Strickland steals the delorean, goes back to 1876, gets stuck there, destroys hill valley and gets stuck in the past, Marty and unalternate doc go after her, capture her and send her back to jail in 1931 with Biffs dad whom she ends up marrying instead of doc, they go back to the future and 3 alternate marties from alternate futures come back to recruit Doc and marty to help them on the future. Oh yeah and Marty finds out he's a quarter Canadian in the process.
  • edited August 2011
    Making the poll now. No entries after this post!

We'll stop voting after 2:00pm tomorrow Wednesday!
  • edited August 2011
    Might I say that if I win, I can get Chris Lloyd to sign it. At Dragoncon. For trues.
  • edited August 2011
    I don't think it's going to show up in 10 days, especially since the voting isn't done until Wednesday. But if that is an incentive for some reason, the same could be true of myself or Briana as well. =P
  • edited August 2011
    Yeah, but I have one leg. I have no moral qualms using this as an advantage.
  • edited August 2011
    Right, but I have two legs, which is one leg better.
  • edited August 2011
    Hey. Both of you be quiet. Until about a week ago, I was legally blind.
  • edited August 2011

But you see, you lose your voting edge now!
  • edited August 2011
    You shut up, as of right now, I'M legally blind. Or did you forget? Yeah, I get it. You get peripheral vision, and suddenly you forget about the folks RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR FACE.
  • edited August 2011
    You're just upset you're losing votes to others.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.