Uhhm any news ???

edited February 2012 in The Walking Dead
???????????????????????

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Not yet, but with Jurassic Park out this looks like the next game on Telltale's list (well, this or Law and Order), so we should hear some news soon.
  • edited November 2011
    Law & Order? http://www.telltalegames.com/lola isn't working and the title isn't in the TTG franchise list. Maybe it's canceled?
  • edited November 2011
    big-augen wrote: »
    Law & Order? http://www.telltalegames.com/lola isn't working and the title isn't in the TTG franchise list. Maybe it's canceled?

No, it's still happening. Although now every time it's mentioned they say "Law and Order" and not "Law and Order: Los Angeles," so I'm not sure if it's still going to be based on that show.

It does bug me that it's still slated for a 2011 release. There's not much 2011 left.
  • edited November 2011
    still no news over here...?
  • edited January 2012
    Hopefully something comes up soon :(
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited January 2012
    What, nervous now? :D :D :D

No, seriously - something is bound to come up really soon. This will be the next release, and I'm sure TTG wants to continue its pre-2010 tradition to formally announce a release date only one to three months before episode one comes out. The people who predict February are not necessarily mistaken.
  • edited January 2012
    Nervous now?

I've been nervous my entire life from the moment I took my first steps rite up to the time I started balding.... WHEN I WAS TEN. :(

All I have now are games lol let's hope... no pray we get some info soon (hides in corner)
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited January 2012
    There's a tiny bit that has been said by Dave Grossman about The Walking Dead in Adventure Treff's Christmas 2011 video (Dave's the second speaker after Josh Mandel).

Telltale's Jurassic Park team has moved over to working on The Walking Dead.

So, with a full staff working on it, hopefully it's coming soon. :)
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2012
    Jennifer wrote: »
    Telltale's Jurassic Park team has moved over to working on The Walking Dead.

So, with a full staff working on it, hopefully it's coming soon. :)

We got most of those hard working JP people, but some of them are also bringing you Law & Order: Legacies too. So, we don't have the "full staff" on Walking Dead, but we instead have a "healthy percentage" :)
  • edited January 2012
    Any percentage is a good one...I can't wait to dive in to the dead soon..
  • edited January 2012
    I sure hope that doesn't mean Walking Dead is going to be a clickable movie like JP.
  • edited January 2012
    Lambonius wrote: »
    I sure hope that doesn't mean Walking Dead is going to be a clickable movie like JP.

Going back re-reading some of the initial Q&A's from last year. I remeber one by Jake saying the game will be more exploratory then JP or BTTF. Of course that could mean anything, we could be getting another JP type explortaory or a Skyrim open-world type gameplay; AND that comment of his was said WAYYYY back in May or April.

So things could've changed drastocally since then depening on stuff like sales and reviews of games like JP and BTTF. Personally I hope they escape the Quick-time events era and move to the more open-world type of gameplay; which would suit this franchise best, in my opinion.
  • edited January 2012
    Going back re-reading some of the initial Q&A's from last year. I remeber one by Jake saying the game will be more exploratory then JP or BTTF. Of course that could mean anything, we could be getting another JP type explortaory or a Skyrim open-world type gameplay; AND that comment of his was said WAYYYY back in May or April.

So things could've changed drastocally since then depening on stuff like sales and reviews of games like JP and BTTF. Personally I hope they escape the Quick-time events era and move to the more open-world type of gameplay; which would suit this franchise best, in my opinion.

Of course it'll be more exploratory than Jurassic Park. They'd have a hard time making it less exploratory. :p

Anyway, a larger, more open-world adventure game would be good. (Not to mention it'd give Telltale practice for King's Quest.) Kind of goes against the episodic format, though, so I doubt we'll see it.
  • edited January 2012
    Would an open world with lots of freedom and exploration really fit the Walking Dead's style? That world has always seemed quite confined to me... they move from place to place, hide out for a time... maybe I'm not as familiar with the franchise as I should be (I've only seen the show and the first few volumes of the comic) but it strikes me that this "open world" you mention is too full of zombies to really explore.
  • edited January 2012
    Ja1862 wrote: »
    Nervous now?

I've been nervous my entire life from the moment I took my first steps rite up to the time I started balding.... WHEN I WAS TEN. :(

All I have now are games lol let's hope... no pray we get some info soon (hides in corner)

Lol. This post really made my day! The simple irony and the humongous optimism sealed the deal. You're right, hope is the only thing we could hold on to here.

Now im nervous too. lol.
    edited January 2012
    riojdn wrote: »
    Now im nervous too. lol.

Don't be nervous! When you're nervous, I get nervous!

Oh god, what is that over there!!

Oh, it's just my boss...

...and he wants me to give a speech to the whole company and I'm in my underwear!!

*gasp*

See what you're doing to me!?
  • edited January 2012
    If its anything like JP i wont be paying too much for it!
  • edited January 2012
    I'm kinda thinking they're going to delay this game to coincide with the beginning of season 3, at this rate.

Q4, 2012.
  • edited January 2012
    Nightlight wrote: »
    I'm kinda thinking they're going to delay this game to coincide with the beginning of season 3, at this rate.

Q4, 2012.

Too optimistic. I think it'll be released in a bundle with Half-Life 2: Episode Three.
  • edited January 2012
    Don't be nervous! When you're nervous, I get nervous!

Oh god, what is that over there!!

Oh, it's just my boss...

...and he wants me to give a speech to the whole company and I'm in my underwear!!

*gasp*

See what you're doing to me!?

Wait has that happened before? And why didn't Sean film this?
  • edited January 2012
    Sorry for the double post but I'd like to point out that the Walking Dead is featured on the main page. I have huch well be getting some more infor Reeeeeal soon. (Hopefully... *crosses finger*)
    edited January 2012
    You could be on to something. However, as long as we don't get a new forum banner, don't get your hopes too high. ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2012
    Check the blog for a tease!
    edited January 2012
    Awww, you're doing the announcement of an announcement stuff again! :D :D
  • edited January 2012
    Jake wrote: »

You don't know how happy I am just to hear anything about this game.

By the way, Jake, I know you're probably still not allowed to say anything specific about the gameplay, but I hope you can at least answer this much: Will the traditional adventure gaming crowd, the kind that play the genre for the intellectual challenge, like this more than BttF and JP?
  • edited January 2012
    You could be on to something. However, as long as we don't get a new forum banner, don't get your hopes too high. ;)

Alan should get to that, right quick.

Oh yeah. Now to get out the ol' squiggle charts.
    By the way, Jake, I know you're probably still not allowed to say anything specific about the gameplay, but I hope you can at least answer this much: Will the traditional adventure gaming crowd, the kind that play the genre for the intellectual challenge, like this more than BttF and JP?

It could've changed alot from a year ago. They've might of added rolling grenades. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited January 2012
    You don't know how happy I am just to hear anything about this game.

I couldn't say, because on the forums there are about a billion different definitions of what people do and don't want and do and don't like about Telltale's stuff at this point. It's not going to be a Sam & Max type game in terms of "everything is an oddball labyrinth of puzzles which only make sense when you've competed them," but it puts more environmental exploration and piecing things together in the hands of the player than BTTF or JP. There's also a bit more role playing put into the player's hands in WD. The game isn't about being GOOD or EVIL or anything like that (I don't think there are any unilaterally "good" or "right" choices anyone can make in the world of the Walking Dead) but the things you say in conversations and the way you approach situations stick with your playthrough across the season in a way I think folks will like.
  • edited January 2012
    When and where do I preorder?
  • edited January 2012

You made my day!!! :D
  • edited January 2012
    I couldn't say, because on the forums there are about a billion different definitions of what people do and don't want and do and don't like about Telltale's stuff at this point. It's not going to be a Sam & Max type game in terms of "everything is an oddball labyrinth of puzzles which only make sense when you've competed them," but it puts more environmental exploration and piecing things together in the hands of the player than BTTF or JP. There's also a bit more role playing put into the player's hands in WD. The game isn't about being GOOD or EVIL or anything like that (I don't think there are any unilaterally "good" or "right" choices anyone can make in the world of the Walking Dead) but the things you say in conversations and the way you approach situations stick with your playthrough across the season in a way I think folks will like.

So long as it's deeper than BttF I'm happy. Thanks for getting back to me. :)

Looking forward to more info.
  • edited January 2012
    You made my day!!! :D

I was being DEAD serious.
    edited January 2012
    So long as it's deeper than BttF I'm happy.

It's deeper, but also darker. Like a deep, dark thing. A hole maybe. A really deep, really dark hole. Oh, not that it's devoid of content, or empty, like one might immediately think of when they think of the word. More similar to a hole's two main characteristics. That of deepness and darkness.

With zombies.

A deep, dark, zombie-filled hole. Yep. That's The Walking Dead game.

/sips tea

Perfect.
  • edited January 2012
    "Intellectual challenge"--bah. That's not the problem with BttF and JP AT ALL. Yes, BttF's puzzles were too easy and JP hardly even had ANY. But the much more distressing problem with those games is that the player has absolutely no leeway to explore and interact with the world beyond extremely limited "invisible hallway" scenes with hotspots that can be counted on one hand.

Make a game that actually gives us something TO DO for our 30 bucks, not just a movie to watch/click through, and I'll happily jump back on the Telltale bandwagon.
  • edited January 2012
    Lambonius wrote: »
    "Intellectual challenge"--bah. That's not the problem with BttF and JP AT ALL. Yes, BttF's puzzles were too easy and JP hardly even had ANY. But the much more distressing problem with those games is that the player has absolutely no leeway in to explore and interact with the world beyond extremely limited "invisible hallway" scenes with hotspots that can be counted on one hand.

Make a game that actually gives us something TO DO for our 30 bucks, not just a movie to watch/click through, and I'll happily jump back on the Telltale bandwagon.

That's true too. Part of the charm of adventure games is exploration. Hopefully that hasn't been forgotten.
  • edited January 2012
    Aw, man! I can't wait! Give us new news!^^
  • edited January 2012
    ^^^
  • edited February 2012
    If I watched TV, TWD is something I totally would have watched. I'm going to buy the game, even though I've never seen the series, & never will unless I can see it all online from the beginning of season 1; The past 12 years I have browsed through TV at all hours of the day & wonder why I even own a TV let alone continue to waste money on cable...It's because of the old people who need TV to sleep.
  • edited February 2012
    So, uh...we're a pretty decent way into February now. Where's the news?
  • edited February 2012
    via twitter they say in the march issue of the OXM... when will the march issue come out?
    edited February 2012
    via twitter they say in the march issue of the OXM... when will the march issue come out?

Whooops, there goes the winter release?! ;)
This discussion has been closed.