Uhhm any news ???

2»

Comments

• edited February 2012
    Whooops, there goes the winter release?! ;)

the tweet doesn't say the OXM news are exclusive, maybe there will be news on the blog soon. the march issue should come out in feb and winter ends in march. sooo... maybe it's still going to be a winter release. :)
  • edited February 2012
    I hope so :D
  • edited February 2012
    The March issue of OXM is out, and I had the chance to skim through it.

Unfortunately, there really wasn't anything in it we didn't know already (doesn't focus on the comic cast, choices affect the plot...). Not even a new screenshot.

Most interesting thing is they call it a "horror-adventure game", which makes me think of the older Resident Evil and Silent Hill games. But hopefully there'll be more adventure than that.
  • edited February 2012
    Aww man, I want some more info! I hope they're not delaying for a huge technical problem or something of the such.
  • edited February 2012
    I hope not!!!

Fingers crossed
  • edited February 2012
    Aww man, I want some more info! I hope they're not delaying for a huge technical problem or something of the such.

I hope for a delay if that means a better overall quality (expecially for checking bugs).
  • edited February 2012
    I miss when they gave a date, then you preorder, then they delay. :D

Now, seriously, NEWS PLEASE! a tiny screenshot maybe?
  • edited February 2012

A delay I can handle. What I can't handle is that the game was announced nearly a year ago and its release is months (if not weeks) away and we still have no clue what the gameplay is like.

I don't want to be critical of Telltale since I enjoyed their older stuff so much, but after BttF and JP I sort of have to approach everything they do with skepticism now. At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Telltale just released the game and said "You want to know what the gameplay is like? Go play it." And I'm sure as hell not going into this game blind.

Hell, Telltale's silence about the gameplay is sort of eyebrow-raising as it is. Maybe they don't want people to know what it's like?
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Hell, Telltale's silence about the gameplay is sort of eyebrow-raising as it is. Maybe they don't want people to know what it's like?

Ohhhh don't be that guy. Maybe the average movie fan isn't a gamer, but the average comic reader sure is! A Walking Dead game tailor-made for the fans of the franchise as a target group will have lot to "play" around with.

The silence is nothing new. We've had it years before. But before you know it, admins are all over the place in the forums, a landslide of screenshots are released, IGN retells the entire first episode (DUH!!), the store fills up with merchandise and people are almost exclusively underway in the insider forum, winning stuff. Sound familiar? ;)
  • edited February 2012
    I hope they just take their time... to me this project is "make it or break it" about the Telltale Company. If they fail I think the company will be facing some big problems to keep their (already a bit compromised) reputation - and earnings.

I just don't suffer anymore their approssimative standards for QC. Expecially about bugs, graphics and technical stuff. All their greatness now remains in the pre-producion material - there are great things there - but they are missing something when they translate things on a 3D game.

I want this game to represent a reborn of TT games. I can wait even the next year.

So, it's crucial, they better take their time to bring the game at the state-of-the-art.
    I repeat : THE STATE OF THE ART - because I know they are capable of it.
  • edited February 2012
    Telltale, can you please give us something?! Its been a few weeks since u said we will get an announcement on the game in the blogs... and still nothing. Now today is the day that Walking Dead Season 2 resumes and I am really looking forward to it as much as i am this game, so please... give us something to work with.
  • edited February 2012
    Is this game DEAD?

(I hope it is!)
  • edited February 2012
    new walking dead episode was nice, but where are the game news??? ;)
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2012
    nomecopies wrote: »
    Is this game DEAD?

(I hope it is!)

nope. undead.

/rimshot.
  • edited February 2012
    Obviously the team is still here, wheres the game...? :mad:
  • edited February 2012
    Expect something to happen tomorrow
    Alan Johnson @TheAlanJohnson

Oh man, there sure is going to be some The Walking Dead happening tomorrow. #vague #thewalkingdead #telltalegames
  • edited February 2012
    5abanja wrote: »

Of course, big news on the day when I'll be trapped at work the longest. :rolleyes:

At least it's coming, though.
  • edited February 2012
    Of course, big news on the day when I'll be trapped at work the longest. :rolleyes:

At least it's coming, though.

I know how you feel. I've got school then immediately following is Musical Rehersal 'till about the time I'm posting this.[/late] Though I'm excited to finally hear something about this game about a year after it was annouced.
  • edited February 2012
    5abanja wrote: »

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I was just about to say screw it and come back in a month, haha
  • edited February 2012
    RexMaster wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I was just about to say screw it and come back in a month, haha

Me too. Well I wouldn't of left, my money probably would've went to the Double Fine Adventure. (Not like they need it.)
  • edited February 2012
    Usually a week before the month ends. I know some magazines send out March issues in the beginning of feb.
  • edited February 2012
    Perfect timing to stick my head in the forums for a quick look.....
  • edited February 2012
    Check out Alan's sweet Twitter avatar:

zombiealan.jpg

I wonder if all the Telltale employees are going to have cameos as zombies in the game?
  • edited February 2012
    IGN has an article on the game up. There are some screens but not much new info. (Edit: Though there is a link to an interesting making of the game video.)
    edited February 2012
    Errrr... why is the present NEW NEW NEW blog entry marked February 13th although it hasn't been there an hour ago?!?
  • edited February 2012
    Yeah, I wonder about that too..
    Anyway, They did what I suggested for the podcast! An episodic Q&A series with creators and Robert Kirkman! Brilliant!
  • edited February 2012
    And still no straightforward "The game will play like this."

I miss adventure games. :(
  • edited February 2012
    Errrr... why is the present NEW NEW NEW blog entry marked February 13th although it hasn't been there an hour ago?!?

The blog was written on the 13th and tagged as such automatically. Just had to manually change it.

Done.
  • edited February 2012
    I watched the video but didnt hear it and now im interested again... did they mention a release date taht i missed?
  • edited February 2012
    And still no straightforward "The game will play like this."
    Yeah,... A guy would know everything they said if he'd followed the news and forums...
    I guess this was just a roundup or a prolouge for people how haven't been following the news.
    Guess there'll be some more info in the next episode.

Something else, why the serious talk-show style? Jack and Sean have experience in podcasts, - look up "idelthumbs podcast" on Google if you don't know about it - Why not just let them direct the series?
    The video doesn't have a friendly atmosphere. It's more like a press realese... I expect that because TellTale used to do so. I'm not asking much. I'm not even asking for something! They can do whatever they want. I'm Just curious why they do this.

EDIT: Oh, OK. This series isn't apparently for the Website audience only, It's aired on TV (Judging by the phone number in the end). OK. :) Never mind my question.
  • edited February 2012
    That would explain why they bleeped all the hugging and crying and shit.

...I want to play Super Mario Sunshine now.
    edited February 2012
    And AJ in a suit... sorry, I just_don't_believe_it. :D
This discussion has been closed.