Your top 3 episodes out of all 16 of them?

edited February 2012 in Sam & Max
Note your top three favourite episodes out of Season One, Two and Three. Noting why would also be preferred :).

1st - Chariots of the Dogs - Great time-travelling and jokes.
2nd - The City that Dares Not Sleep - Cinematic thrilling adventure that, unlike the other episodes, feels like it is pivotal to all of Sam and Max and will always affect it.
3rd - What's new Beezlebub? - The usage of Hell and all the events of the game made it very very awesome.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Hmm... I'd say mine are:

3- The City that Dares not Sleep- Everything in this one is just magnified, the story, characters, plot twists and that ending everyone was talking about back in August 2010. It was just awesome!

2- Chariots of the Dogs- Clever story and puzzles. Really enjoyed the overall theme here.

1- Bright Side of the Moon- Just awesome all the way. The setting, story, music, and theme were just amazing.
  • edited January 2012
    1. Chariots of the Dogs
    Generally an interesting and eventful episode.
    2. Bright Side of the Moon
    Great episode, but the scene where Sam & Max confront Hugh Bliss is one of my favourite scenes ever.
    3. The City That Dares Not Sleep
    I really enjoyed this one, mainly because of how emotional it feels. I feel for the characters in this one.
  • edited January 2012
    In a complete change of pace from the above, I'd say some form of tie between The City that Dares Not Sleep, What's New Beezlebub?, and Bright Side of the Moon.
  • edited January 2012
    Actually, Bright Side is my 4th favourite episode.
  • edited January 2012
    City That Dares Not Sleep, What's New Beelzebub, Reality 2.0.
  • edited January 2012
    mine

3- tie between penal zone they stole max's brain & the city that dares not sleep
    2.bright side of the moon
    1. tie between Charots of the dogs or night of the raving dead (cnt beat danceing vampires and time travel)
  • edited January 2012
    3. The Tomb Of Sammun-Mak
    2. Chariot Of The Dogs
    1. The City That Dares Not Sleep (for being the first adventure game to actually make me cry)

(Technically, I would have to say that Hit The Road is my favorite, but that isn't included in the 16 episodes)
  • edited January 2012
    1) Night of the Raving Dead
    2) What's New, Beelzebub
    3) Chariot of the Dogs

I really don't like Ice Station Santa or Moai Better Blues. ISS just doesn't appeal to me and MBB was boring and kind of rubbed me the wrong way, in a way that I can explain but wouldn't make much sense.

However, the rest of Season 2 blew me away. S2E3 is hands down my favorite.I loved Jurgen as a character, loved the way zombies were portrayed, and becoming a zombie was hilarious (especially when you could talk to other zombies)

The last three games linked together in a way Season 1 never really did. It felt like they tried to make it have a story four games in (whether or not that was the case) so I did not expect them to really be like one game split into parts the way my top three games did (of course season 3 took it to such a level that I really think of "The Devil's Playhouse" as one game with named levels, as opposed to I think of Season 1 as six separate games loosely tied together with a story.)
  • edited January 2012
    1st~Night of the Raving Dead
    A corny Villain, some nice settings, and seeing Sam and Max turn into Zombies was hilariously cool. Also, Max grooving on the Dance floor is so amazing to witness.

2nd~Reality 2.0
    The music is so amazingly retro, the settings are a cool recreation, and the Text adventure was brilliant.

3rd~Chariots of the Dogs
    Traveling through time was amazing, and there were some amazing moments and hilarious jokes in this one.
  • edited January 2012
    The last three games linked together in a way Season 1 never really did. It felt like they tried to make it have a story four games in (whether or not that was the case) so I did not expect them to really be like one game split into parts the way my top three games did (of course season 3 took it to such a level that I really think of "The Devil's Playhouse" as one game with named levels, as opposed to I think of Season 1 as six separate games loosely tied together with a story.)

Very interesting, as it's mostly uttered that Season 2's overall story is tied in a VERY absurd way, compared to Season 1. I think the major flaw of season 1 was to limit itself from too much absurdity for the sake of telling a more solid overall story.
  • edited January 2012
    1) Beyond the Alley of the Dolls
    No way this one couldn't be my all time favorite, it's pretty much a perfect episode. The story and dialogue is hilarious, there's tons of epic plot shenanigans, fun and interesting puzzles, use of the most psychic powers, and the finale, final showdown and final twist are completely mind-blowing. Plus my favorite character got revealed!

2) The Tomb of Sammun-Mak
    I'll admit one of the reasons I got into Sam & Max was because one of my best friends really loved the character of Papierwaite, so I was super excited to play this episode. He was great and I wasn't disappointed! I love playing as Sam and Max's ancestors in turn-of-the-century New York and having them raid an ancient Egyptian tomb. The idea of switching back and forth between the film reels, doing stuff out of order I thought was really creative, and the fact you can actually die, but then just rewind and do it over with no consequence.

3) Chariots of the Dogs
    Conspiracies! Timetraveling! Paradoxes! Mariachis! Hilarity! This episode is so much crazy, wacky fun. I love all the screwing around you get to do with the timeline, Sam and Max meeting their past and future selves, and actually having to go back and make Max like girls as a plot point. That's hysterical.
  • edited January 2012
    1) Chariots of the Dogs- A lot of people appear to like that one. I think it was really the episode that brought the entire season together. The jokes were great and I'm a sucker for time travel.
    2) Bright Side of the Moon- I loved this episode, it was able to use a lot of the popular characters from the previous episodes that season and give them a comical reason to be there. Also, I just liked the fact that a world of bliss was decidedly terrible.
    3) They Stole Max's Brain- Here is my curve ball. I really liked the noire Sam bits, and I was surprised by Max's role in the game, in a good way.
  • edited February 2012
    See my signature.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.