First trailer premiered on IGN's Up At Noon

edited March 2012 in The Walking Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=tm-OtQNJVEg#t

The trailer, complete with intro from Robert Kirkman, starts at around the 9:00 mark. The interview with Gary Whitta is immediately following the trailer.

If the style looks familiar to you, it's because it's from Daniel Kanemoto, who also did the awesome Walking Dead piece linked below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TWCXE0hsbQ

Comments

• edited March 2012
    It was great! Looks amazing! You're doing this right! I love it! Well done! Keep it up!
  • edited March 2012
    Was about to post it as well. Looks good although I was expecting some gameplay :(
  • edited March 2012
    Interesting. I can't wait for this.
  • edited March 2012
    Razorneck wrote: »
    Was about to post it as well. Looks good although I was expecting some gameplay :(

WE DID GET GAMEPLAY! Not a slow breakdown of gameplay like Jurassic Park's reveal but gameplay nonetheless
  • edited March 2012
    Wow. That show host was horrible. Wish you guys hired the Nerdist or someone else with a bit of passion towards the property than that bozo with the condescending shtick. I couldn't click on the forward button to the walking dead section fast enough.

That being said, I am eager to see more of the actual game play. Will there be beta access? Glad you decided to go with color over black and white and to spread it over time. I love The Walking Dead so I am very hopeful and optimistic for the game.
  • edited March 2012
    Rtboh wrote: »
    WE DID GET GAMEPLAY! Not a slow breakdown of gameplay like Jurassic Park's reveal but gameplay nonetheless

Ah okay. To me it looked more like an ingame cutscene, but then again I'm not familiar with the Telltale gameplay style.

Still very much looking forward to this but I must say I was hoping for more, trailerwise. This, to me, seemed more like a teaser. Nonetheless it whet my appetite :)
  • edited March 2012
    There's extended gameplay footage in the next episode of Playing Dead, which should be hitting a bit later this week. There's a lengthy interview with Robert Kirkman in that episode as well.
  • edited March 2012
    There's extended gameplay footage in the next episode of Playing Dead, which should be hitting a bit later this week. There's a lengthy interview with Robert Kirkman in that episode as well.

Sexy times ahead ;)

Good to hear!
  • edited March 2012

+ 1
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Razorneck wrote: »
    Still very much looking forward to this but I must say I was hoping for more, trailerwise. This, to me, seemed more like a teaser. Nonetheless it whet my appetite :)

It was intended to whet. More is on the way!
  • edited March 2012
    Here's a video of just the trailer for those who don't want to wait through a Bald Guy In Space 3 commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYbZqi5mBhU
  • edited March 2012
    Oh, God, we can preorder now... and have a chance to join the game cast as a zombie.

I'm totally in!
  • edited March 2012
    I've preodered before they put the images on the buttons on the web. :p

Yeah, baby, I'm in!!!
  • edited March 2012
    The season is over on AMC.

You guys could have used the season finale to show something good, with a lot more gameplay.

But no.
  • edited March 2012
    Jake wrote: »
    It was intended to whet. More is on the way!

I'm whet.

Seriously though, Greg Miller is the most hateful human being alive.
  • edited March 2012
    If I may be blunt for a second, the first part of the trailer seems like someone at Telltale took the intro sequence for an episode of the Walking Dead (like most Telltale episodes have) and added a hint of the game in-action then slapped the name "trailer" on it.

Also on a side note do yourself a favor and skip over to the trailer, Up at Night has to be one of the worst 18:52 I've spent watching a video. It seem have the time I was watching a very annoying and unfunny Weekend Update on SNL.

Though to shed some light on the situation when we did finally the game in-action it actually looked pretty cool, the animations seemed much more smoother than Jurassic Park and Back To The Future. So I look forward to seeing more of it in the next Playing Dead.
  • edited March 2012

I just wanna ask about Playing Dead for a second. At the end of the Up at Night (starting at 18:00) he say that Playing Dead Episode 4 will air March 22 on IGN.

Now if this information is correct. Where is Episode 3?
  • edited March 2012
    Looks very cool. The first part of the trailer really shows how close this game looks to the comics. My order has been placed (although I have yet to receive confirmation of that). Becoming a Telltale character and dying a horrible ingame (I hope) death is my destiny. I can feel it.
  • edited March 2012
    Ispep wrote: »
    I just wanna ask about Playing Dead for a second. At the end of the Up at Night (starting at 18:00) he say that Playing Dead Episode 4 will air March 22 on IGN.

Now if this information is correct. Where is Episode 3?

Episode 3 is airing this week. I haven't had time to watch all of Up At Noon yet, but if somebody said Episode 4 was airing this week, they misspoke.
  • edited March 2012
    Wow, that would be awesome... To be a character in the game. Pre-order.... Here I come. I can say that I like the idea of preordering. It's a wy or us to show our respect to the devs, and it's good for gaming in general.
  • edited March 2012
    Seriously though, Greg Miller is the most hateful human being alive.
    Really? His humor reminds me of Jon Stewart's humor, which is a kind of humor I really enjoy.
    I really enjoyed the interview he did with Tim Schafer.

Can't wait for the game! I feel I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing it.
  • edited March 2012
    Jon NA wrote: »
    Really? His humor reminds me of Jon Stewart's humor, which is a kind of humor I really enjoy.
    I really enjoyed the interview he did with Tim Schafer.

Can't wait for the game! I feel I'm gonna have a lot of fun playing it.

I enjoyed the interview with Schafer too, despite of Miller though not because of.
  • edited March 2012
    Episode 3 is airing this week. I haven't had time to watch all of Up At Noon yet, but if somebody said Episode 4 was airing this week, they misspoke.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I figured that he meant to say Episode 3.
This discussion has been closed.