Question about pre ordering the game from outside US

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Righteo. I'll start by stating that I'm from England, UK. (Great Britain, land of the queen, spiffing crumpets, tea and a jolly good show old chap... If you believe every stereotype you read/hear)
There's plenty of dollar signs everywhere but I'm not seeing any way to change my location to UK. So I'm assuming there isn't one. Which is also leading me to assume that I have to pre order the game in dollars.
If so, can I still pre order and pay for it without hassle regardless of being outside the US?
If so will that affect how I will acquire the episodes after pre ordering?

I'm very new to Telltale Games and it's my love for the Walking Dead Comics and TV series that has lead me to want this game.
I'm hoping for a brilliant introduction to the company and it's nice selection of games.

Please note: I'm a new guy, be gentle :p

Comments

• edited March 2012
    You know, that's a good question. I'm not sure if the Telltale Store accepts currency besides US dollars.

I know Steam does, though. Once it becomes available for pre-order on Steam you might want to try there.
  • edited March 2012
    You can buy games off the Telltale store in the UK.

It's in dollars, but the purchase is converted into pounds, so don't worry.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2012
    Hello and welcome, KD! I used to live in the UK myself, and got a fair bit of practice buying Telltale games there. :)

When you buy through the Telltale store the purchase goes through in dollars, and your bank will automatically convert it into GBP. Can't be sure of the exact conversion, but by today's rates I'd think it would be about £15 (depends on the rate your bank uses, so don't take that as given).

Being outside the US won't affect when or how you can download the episodes.

Hope that helps!
  • edited March 2012
    KDStudios wrote: »
    Righteo. I'll start by stating that I'm from England, UK. (Great Britain, land of the queen, spiffing crumpets, tea and a jolly good show old chap... If you believe every stereotype you read/hear)
    There's plenty of dollar signs everywhere but I'm not seeing any way to change my location to UK. So I'm assuming there isn't one. Which is also leading me to assume that I have to pre order the game in dollars.
    If so, can I still pre order and pay for it without hassle regardless of being outside the US?
    If so will that affect how I will acquire the episodes after pre ordering?

I'm very new to Telltale Games and it's my love for the Walking Dead Comics and TV series that has lead me to want this game.
    I'm hoping for a brilliant introduction to the company and it's nice selection of games.

Please note: I'm a new guy, be gentle :p
    Hello and welcome. I'm also from England.
    There is no problem at all, preordering in dollars as it automatically converts it into pounds, on purchase.
    As you mention you are new to telltale games, may I suggest the "almost and everything" pack. It is only $20 more when preordering the Walking dead, which is a great deal, considering the amount of games you get.
  • edited March 2012
    I'm from england aswell and ive ordered lots of games from telltale. I even got one of the the dvd versions for wallace and gromit (first time round they sent me the back to the future cards by mistake but they still let me keep em :), i also thought it would have been stopped by customs) ive got most of their games except for sam and max and strong bads.

be careful some banks put a charge on foreign currency my bank charges £1 for every foreign currency transaction.
  • edited March 2012
    Thankyou for all your kind replies.
    I'm glad you've all cleared this up for me.
    I'd certainly love to purchase the Almost and Everything game pack but I'm not one to blindly spend money on games I'm not sure I'll even like. I'll give The Walking Dead a try and if I like it I'll be certain to buy it if it's still available :)
    I certainly liked the look of the Jurassic Park and Back to the Future games but never bought and played them. (Mostly because I suffer from the disease known as TOO MANY GAMES!)
    Anyway, I'll pre order The Walking Dead and see how this all goes :)
    again Thankyou all.
  • edited March 2012
    Sorry about the delay, went around buying other things, then bought some shelves and threw them up. So this slipped my mind.
    But I've just remembered and just paid for the game :)

So... What do I do now besides wait? :D
    Am I waiting for something in particular or... *shrugs*
    I'm new... Don't judge me heh.
  • edited March 2012
    for now you can check in at the insider forums.. Chat with fellow fans ask the developers question..

Or if you're hungry you could make a sandwich.
  • edited March 2012
    Sorry about the delay, went around buying other things, then bought some shelves and threw them up. So this slipped my mind.

You can also purchase any other Telltale's wonderful titles launched already as Sam & Max, Jurassic Park or Back to the Future. Also, if you enjoy of some good old fashioned poker you can try Poker Night at the inventory and play with Max, Tycho, the Heavy from Team Fortress 2 and Strong Bad.

(*PROMOTION BLINKING*)

Pst... Telltale, we discuss later about the price for this little promotion I made for you. :p
  • edited April 2012
    If the Walking Dead game is pre-ordered from this site in the UK as a British citizen; am I eligible for entry into the contest?
  • edited April 2012

you'll get an email saying you can now download the first episode. i also recommend Back to the future and jurassic park they will keep you going until the walking dead drops..:)
  • edited April 2012
    Astro Boy wrote: »
    you'll get an email saying you can now download the first episode. i also recommend Back to the future and jurassic park they will keep you going until the walking dead drops..:)

Back to the Future, maybe, since he's new. Definitely not Jurassic Park, though.

I'd recommend Telltale's Sam and Max seasons, Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People, and Tales of Monkey Island. But that's just me. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2012
    i'm a fellow tea in the afternoon with crumpets stiff upper lip old boy :)

i bought the back to the future season pass on steam, just looked at steam and there's no mention of twd yet, so i'll keep an eye out nearer release.

dunno if the us uk peeps will get a lookin for the be zombie preorder bonus but i feel like its a slim chance only 6 'winners' is pretty harsh so imo it's not a proper pre order bonus.
  • edited April 2012
    i'm a fellow tea in the afternoon with crumpets stiff upper lip old boy :)

i bought the back to the future season pass on steam, just looked at steam and there's no mention of twd yet, so i'll keep an eye out nearer release.

dunno if the us uk peeps will get a lookin for the be zombie preorder bonus but i feel like its a slim chance only 6 'winners' is pretty harsh so imo it's not a proper pre order bonus.

I say! Nice to meet you old chap! :)

I'm not sure if the pre-order bonus extends to us UK users but I pre-ordered all the episodes anyway, figured I may aswell.
    The GBP-USD exchange rate has been pretty nice these past few months so I've been purchasing a lot of games at US prices.

Don't suppose there's any word on a release date? I've been waiting anxiously all month :)
  • edited April 2012
    Don't suppose there's any word on a release date? I've been waiting anxiously all month :)

Wait until the April's last week. Then we will ask them again repeatedly. :D
  • edited April 2012
    The_Ripper wrote: »
    Wait until the April's last week. Then we will ask them again repeatedly. :D

That! Sounds like the perfect plan :P
    I sure hope they don't push the release date forward though :(
    With waiting for the comic being released and the TV series not on until September I'm finding myself watching movies like Return of the Living Dead.
    It's not good for you!

On a brighter note though, it got me modding Fallout 3 again. Making a Walking Dead/Project Zomboid mod for it. It's fun.
  • edited April 2012
    I guess I'm the first brazilian to pre-order!
  • edited April 2012
    I guess I'm the first brazilian to pre-order!

Heh it's nice feeling like you're the first :P
    But I have a tiny suspicion that many people in many countries have pre-ordered before us but aren't active members in the forums. So they don't speak out.
    ;)
  • edited April 2012
    Heh it's nice feeling like you're the first :P
    But I have a tiny suspicion that many people in many countries have pre-ordered before us but aren't active members in the forums. So they don't speak out.
    ;)

Yeah! I think too but I prefer to believe I'm the first one hahahahahah

By the way, just now I noticed I'll have to wait the game to arrive at home....

:S
  • edited April 2012
    GrimmBro wrote: »
    If the Walking Dead game is pre-ordered from this site in the UK as a British citizen; am I eligible for entry into the contest?

Can anyone give me a yes or no answer to this question?
  • edited April 2012
    Can anyone give me a yes or no answer to this question?

Yes!

In according to A&Q of the contest:

You are eligible to enter this Promotion if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry: You are a not a resident of a jurisdiction or country where this Promotion is prohibited. You are at least 18 years or older. You are not an employee or agent of Telltale nor are any of your immediate family
  • edited April 2012
    Yes!

In according to A&Q of the contest:

You are eligible to enter this Promotion if you meet the following requirements at the time of entry: You are a not a resident of a jurisdiction or country where this Promotion is prohibited. You are at least 18 years or older. You are not an employee or agent of Telltale nor are any of your immediate family

Thank you, I did read that part of the FAQ but was a little bit unsure about what countries may be excluded from the contest. Will be sure to pre-order from the Telltale Games site now.
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you, I did read that part of the FAQ but was a little bit unsure about what countries may be excluded from the contest. Will be sure to pre-order from the Telltale Games site now.

You're welcome.

I was unsure but I noticed, there's nothing against this contest.
    Probably in Cuba or China....
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah! I think too but I prefer to believe I'm the first one hahahahahah

By the way, just now I noticed I'll have to wait the game to arrive at home....

:S

No you won't. The game will be released as a downloadable title, so you should be able to get it as soon as it's released.

Well, not counting the time it takes to download it, of course.
  • edited April 2012
    No you won't. The game will be released as a downloadable title, so you should be able to get it as soon as it's released.

Well, not counting the time it takes to download it, of course.

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll play it all the time!
    Can't wait :S
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll play it all the time!
    Can't wait :S

You might want to read the TTG general FAQ. That should solve a lot of these questions. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    You might want to read the TTG general FAQ. That should solve a lot of these questions. ;)

Thanks!

Now I know I can have my game in DVD!
  • Macfly77Macfly77 Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Thanks!

Now I know I can have my game in DVD!
    Actually, an end-of-season DVD for The Walking Dead hasn't been officially announced yet.
    There might be other posts that I've missed, but I believe that this is the only one by a Telltale employee on the subject of a potential end-of-season DVD.
    Jake wrote: »
    I don't know the DVD plans for this series! Hopefully someone around here does.
This discussion has been closed.