Game release delay (merged threads)

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
Just like everyone else Ive been checking site hourly. Looks like Telltale's business hours are over and they said it would be released April 24th during business hours. I would think they would post a message correcting release time? Has anyone heard or know what's going on?
I hate for this to be just another thread but seriously, this is first game Ive purchased from Telltale. Does anyone have experience with this and know if it's possible to be able to download this before midnight?
I hope so!
Thanks

Comments

• edited April 2012
    Apparently something went wrong with their build on their servers.

Even though their office hours are over, I believe the entire team is working overtime to get the game out to us as soon as possible.
  • edited April 2012
    Apparently something went wrong with their build on their servers.

Even though their office hours are over, I believe the entire team is working overtime to get the game out to us as soon as possible.

May you please give us the source with someone saying this please? Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    Sounds good, I wish they would update us officially on site. Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    Something went wrong. I know it sucks, but apparently the team is working overtime to fix it, so try not to be impatient. They're pretty stressed out as it is.

The Steam version is out, though.
  • edited April 2012
    Guess there's not a source then. D; server issues then prolly
  • edited April 2012
    May you please give us the source with someone saying this please? Thanks

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=600282&postcount=846
  • edited April 2012
    Im being patient, dont get me wrong. Just wondering.
    Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    Something went wrong. I know it sucks, but apparently the team is working overtime to fix it, so try not to be impatient. They're pretty stressed out as it is.

The Steam version is out, though.

Then the "team " needs to update the site and let the people spending their money on this dibacke know something.
  • edited April 2012
    tolli wrote: »
    Then the "team " needs to update the site and let the people spending their money on this dibacke know something.

Do you ever read the stickies? They HAVE been updating people, and pretty regularly at that. They have been very open and honest. Would you rather them spend tons of time answering every single thread, saying the same thing over and over, or would you rather them fix the problem and post in one thread only?
    I've seen you talk shit just about every post you've done. Have you even pre-ordered the game? From your posts it seems like you haven't. Feel free to come back in a couple of days and buy just the one episode for 5 bucks.
    I pre-ordered the entire season weeks ago. I got it in the "almost everything pack". It was more than 25, I can tell you that.
    I APPRECIATE that the team is keeping us updated. I appreciate that they're going out of their way to stay late, away from their families, delaying their plans, to fix a problem and get the game to everyone that ordered from them as soon as they possibly can. They could easily just say "Sorry, it'll be out sometime tomorrow or the next day."
    Are you up past your bedtime or something? Maybe you'll feel better after a nap.
  • edited April 2012
    I preordered the game and its not on the site and yet steam gets it first? WTF!!! I dont have a steam account I just want my game which I spent my hard earned money on!!:mad:
  • edited April 2012
    whew, Im going to go read some "stickies" then--didn't know I needed to do that. I didn't realize all of this...first time buying from here.

Anywho--I cant wait to play
    Thanks
  • edited April 2012
    They said it would be out before end of work day their side. They are prob fixing all the screwed up stuff in steam ver
  • edited April 2012
    They already posted in another post, had you looked, that they are having issues with the servers. It will be out soon enough. No need to be rude about it.
  • edited April 2012
    Desmodus87 wrote: »
    Do you ever read the stickies? They HAVE been updating people, and pretty regularly at that. They have been very open and honest. Would you rather them spend tons of time answering every single thread, saying the same thing over and over, or would you rather them fix the problem and post in one thread only?
    I've seen you talk shit just about every post you've done. Have you even pre-ordered the game? From your posts it seems like you haven't. Feel free to come back in a couple of days and buy just the one episode for 5 bucks.
    I pre-ordered the entire season weeks ago. I got it in the "almost everything pack". It was more than 25, I can tell you that.
    I APPRECIATE that the team is keeping us updated. I appreciate that they're going out of their way to stay late, away from their families, delaying their plans, to fix a problem and get the game to everyone that ordered from them as soon as they possibly can. They could easily just say "Sorry, it'll be out sometime tomorrow or the next day."
    Are you up past your bedtime or something? Maybe you'll feel better after a nap.

,actually I have a grown up job. Own my vehicle. Own my house. I'm not worried about five bucks. Please go ahead and send me a pre order link for the game on ipad. Oh that's right there isn't one. While I haven't pre ordered for PC I have purchased both complete sets of Jurassic park and BTTF. I have an ipad 2 and laptop bit would much rather play on ipad so before u run your cock sucker find a link for me to pre order on ipad ......
  • edited April 2012
    I don't know what calendar you guys use but April 24th was yesterday and I still see no download up yet. Is there a delay with the Mac release?:confused:
  • edited April 2012
    There is a delay with the PC release on Telltale shop in general.
    Some of the buyers have gotten a replacement Steam key, so check you e-mail and the spam folder to make sure you didn't get it.

Another batch of the keys will be sent tomorrow morning in case the game does not come out on TTG shop by then.
  • edited April 2012
    For the love of all things good people read the forum. I honestly do not understand how with all the posts on the forum you couldn't find an answer to your question. Telltale had a server issue. Couldn't sent out the game. Sent Steam Keys to everyone to download the first episode on steam until they could get the telltale version up.
  • edited April 2012
    Calm down tiger. lol thanks for the info I was just wanting to get my hands on the game and was in caveman mode. Reading Bad!!
  • edited April 2012
    are the telltale servers down ? i cant connect to them in the start of the game ?
  • edited April 2012
    Supposedly the servers are why the game is not available for download on the site.

Evidently they have NO BACKUP SYSTEMS!!!!!
  • edited April 2012
    but how do I access the first episode of the game to download? I bought the pre-order but can't seem to find where to DL it :/ halp?
  • edited April 2012
    but how do I access the first episode of the game to download? I bought the pre-order but can't seem to find where to DL it :/ halp?
    This is all over this forum, my friend. TTG is having server issues and trying to get it fixed. The game is currently not available for download from them but will be soon.
  • edited April 2012
    There have been some server issues, so it's not yet available on Telltale's store.

However, it is on Steam, and to make up for the wait everyone who pre-ordered from Telltale has been given a free Steam key. Check your e-mail.
  • edited April 2012
    There have been some server issues, so it's not yet available on Telltale's store.

However, it is on Steam, and to make up for the wait everyone who pre-ordered from Telltale has been given a free Steam key. Check your e-mail.

I checked my email and didn't get a steam key :( Should I contact support?
  • edited April 2012
    I checked my email and didn't get a steam key :( Should I contact support?
    There are stickied threads at the top of this forum. One specifically for people who did not get their key yet. Check em out :) the one for Steam Keys is the one you are after.
  • edited April 2012
    There are stickied threads at the top of this forum. One specifically for people who did not get their key yet. Check em out :) the one for Steam Keys is the one you are after.

Thank you SO much!!! I really appreciate the help! I'm not much of a gamer, but I'm obsessed with The Walking Dead so I have to play this game asap lol. :)
  • edited April 2012
    Check your e-mail.

I've received the code by e-mail AND private message.
    So, be sure to check both, one could appear earlier than the other. ;)
  • edited April 2012
    This is my first experience with TTG. I was brought here - like I imagine so many others were - by The Walking Dead. I will have to admit that, yes, I was (am) greatly disappointed that the game was not released last night for those who pre-ordered. However, they gave away free Steam keys to those of us who did, and, well, that's pretty damn cool. EA, Bioware, etc would never do anything like that. There may be a reason the majors don't do things like that; I don't know, but the thought that they did something to thank those of us who pre-ordered says a lot for the company. (Yes. I know others give away DLC with pre-orders, but this is different. TTG didn't have to do anything.)

Of course, the only thing that is unpreventable is something along the lines of a comet striking the earth, zombie apocalypse, or a few other random acts. Maybe the server issues could have been avoided; we'll never know. But TTG owned up to it and did something for those who did something for them. Pretty nice thing to do, if you ask me.

No. I'm not kissing a** or anything like that. (Although.... zombie cameo, anyone?...... :D ) I usually buy games from Amazon or Steam, but I decided to go with TTG for this game. Don't know if I will next time, but I'd just like to say thanks for the Steam key. I'm impressed.

(Let the whining commence.)
  • edited April 2012
    I just purchased the five games through telltale, and there is no option on the "telltale games - your purchases" page to play game one today. http://gyazo.com/564630e83963124bcbcff860d7265e30

Am I missing something? Can I only play episode one now through Steam? If so can I get a refund from Telltale?

Thank you for your response. My last post was deleted can you explain why please?
  • edited April 2012
    travb wrote: »
    I just purchased the five games through telltale, and there is no option on the "telltale games - your purchases" page to play game one today. http://gyazo.com/564630e83963124bcbcff860d7265e30

Am I missing something? Can I only play episode one now through Steam? If so can I get a refund from Telltale?

Thank you for your response. My last post was deleted can you explain why please?
    Because you need to read the sticky threads not post a new thread asking what the stickys already answer
  • edited April 2012
    There's a thread to request steam keys, they are having issue with their direct fufillment. That said, I requested a steam key earlier in the day and I've yet to receive one.
  • edited April 2012
    why do others get to play this game before xbox users? - we waited just as long and supported you just as much - give us a free theme or something - very sad counted down the days - IGN and many other sources said the release date for xbox live was April 24th -
    sad to say others are going to spoil the story for us because telltale cant release it on the same day . . . . . . .
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Telltale has no control over the release of the game on Xbox 360. The release is up to Microsoft.

That said, it's coming on the 27th of April. That's tomorrow. It's not too long of a wait.

Until then, if you don't want to have the story spoiled, don't read the posts with the spoiler tags on it.
  • edited April 2012
    I bought the game 3 Days ago release should be April the 24th? it's now the 26th in Europe and still no DL?
  • edited April 2012
    does not explain why 360 users are getting screwed over with the season pass
  • edited April 2012
    Xandor wrote: »
    I bought the game 3 Days ago release should be April the 24th? it's now the 26th in Europe and still no DL?
    The sticky threads tell the story, but the long and short of it is, they are having server problems they are working hard to clear up, that is preventing them from releasing it here. They have sent out Steam codes to people through email as an apology for the delay. Check your email and the sticky threads for more info :)
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Further info here, please continue the discussion in that thread.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2012
    does not explain why 360 users are getting screwed over with the season pass
    That's also Microsoft's doing, not Telltale's. Microsoft doesn't allow single pricing for multiple XBLA titles, and they don't allow pre-orders on XBLA titles either. So a season pass is impossible on Microsoft's systems.

That being said, the game is exactly the same price on XBLA as it is on PC and Mac. It's $25 for 5 episodes. And future episodes will recognize any actions you made in previous episodes that have affected the game's story in XBLA as well, just like the other systems.
  • edited April 2012
    Don't worry, at this rate you'll be able to play it on Xbox before a lot of people who bought it from Telltale directly.
  • edited April 2012
    well youre not really missing out man. the game isnt a big deal. is great fun the first run through, but its disappointing.

*A tailored game experience – Live with the profound and lasting consequences of the decisions that you make in each episode. Your actions and choices will affect how your story plays out across the entire series.

yeah, thats a bit of an overstatement. the game follows the same basic path regardless of what you pick.
This discussion has been closed.