About the Steam code

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
First of all thanks for the code :)
I'd like to show that there are some customers who understand that problems might happen and appreciate what you did to apologize.

By the way, do we now own all the 5 episodes on steam or just the first one?

Thanks again!

Comments

• edited April 2012
    genkal wrote: »
    I'd like to show that there are some customers who understand that problems might happen and appreciate what you did to apologize.

By the way, do we now own all the 5 episodes on steam or just the first one?

Thanks again!
    Just the first one. I'm thankful for the steam code, and techincal problems can happen. What I'm curious about is why it was released on steam so early? Did they have an old build, as they wanted to meet their target deadline?
  • edited April 2012
    My understanding is that this key is for the first episode only
  • edited April 2012
    The PC version does not get separate episodes, only the full season. So the Steam key is for the complete season of TWD.
  • edited April 2012
    And what about the savegames, should I play by using Steam, when the game will be released on the TT website?
  • edited April 2012
    @Danny_HR: That is your understanding or did someone from TTG confirm this?
  • edited April 2012
    jojoman wrote: »
    And what about the savegames, should I play by using Steam, when the game will be released on the TT website?

The savegames work on both versions.
    But why would you not use the SteamVersion?
  • edited April 2012
    Sillium wrote: »
    @Danny_HR: That is your understanding or did someone from TTG confirm this?

I know PC didn't get the episodes separately, but it is my understanding that the key is for the full season.

It's logical if you look at it. How can there be a code for a single TWD episode on steam if the game is only sold complete?
  • edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »

Because I hate to install Steam. It's bloated, full of DRM and spyware-like program in my opinion. You can think differently, and that's ok to me: but anyone decides what to install on his own PC :) If I wanted to use Steam, I would have bought the game from Steam, otherwise, and not directly from TT. I'll just wait the full release on TT server.
  • edited April 2012
    I'd really like a confirmation from some dev if that code is for the 5 episodes or just the first one..
  • edited April 2012
    I'd really like a confirmation from some dev if that code is for the 5 episodes or just the first one..

Its for all 5 episodes if you bought the 25$ pack. THE OTHER EPISODES ARE NOT RELEASED YET.

You will be receiving a new episode each month.
  • edited April 2012
    I appreciate they did this, I was very upset last night regarding TellTale not giving the download and Steam having posted it hours before.

Gives me hope in TellTale and I will reconsider purchasing another TellTale game because they did what I feel is the right thing to do under those circumstances.
  • edited April 2012
    jojoman wrote: »
    Because I hate to install Steam. It's bloated, full of DRM and spyware-like program in my opinion. You can think differently, and that's ok to me: but anyone decides what to install on his own PC :) If I wanted to use Steam, I would have bought the game from Steam, otherwise, and not directly from TT. I'll just wait the full release on TT server.

THIS

I STILL have not played my game and I am STILL not happy one bit. If they really wanted to compensate us they would give us an option for ps3, xbox, mac OR steam version. Cuz I also refuse to install Steam on the computer.

On top of that, I got to try the Steam version yesterday on my bro's computer, and it was near unplayable. So many graphics glitches and missing polygons it was ridiculous. No thank you
  • edited April 2012

Same here TTG, Technical sh*t can always hit the fan, I (we) know you're probably busy fixing it but it can't happen in a hearthbeat.

Thank you for the Steam Code... but i'm not gonna install steam, i'll be patient and wait it out.

Reasons for me not installing Steam have already been given by "jojoman" in a previous post.

Also...
    This is the e-mail most people will have gotten from TTG informing them of the problem.
    Greetings from Telltale Headquarters!

As you may know, the first episode of The Walking Dead launched today to rave reviews from fans and critics alike. You’re receiving this email because you’re awesome and decided to pre-order the full season directly from our store. Due to some unforeseen technical difficulties on our end, we have run into some issues making the game available directly on our site, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We know you’re super excited about this game and that you’re a loyal Telltale Games fan, and we totally appreciate that. Instead of making you wait any longer for us to clear this issue up, we’d like to provide you with a Steam key so you can download and play the game right now. Don’t worry, though, the official Telltale version will still be made available to you as soon as possible. Until then, please enjoy the game on Steam!

Note the last sentence: "Until then, please enjoy the game on Steam!" So it could very well be that they will revoke the Steam code's as soon as the TTG Server is up and running again. Just saying.
  • edited April 2012
    What happens if we pre-ordered but didn't receive a Steam code? I've searched all through my email, but I never got one :(
  • edited April 2012
    Shmikles wrote: »
    What happens if we pre-ordered but didn't receive a Steam code? I've searched all through my email, but I never got one :(
    Mike said they were going out in batches and they will be sending more out as soon as they open this morning.
  • edited April 2012
    ADavidson wrote: »
    I STILL have not played my game and I am STILL not happy one bit. If they really wanted to compensate us they would give us an option for ps3, xbox, mac OR steam version. Cuz I also refuse to install Steam on the computer.

The Steam code is for both PC and Mac and if you got the code you were planning to play the game on one of these platforms. Also it's not really a compensation but a workaround until Telltale figures out their stuff.
  • edited April 2012
    Shmikles wrote: »

I think i read in another topic that they where gonna send out more Steam codes today, but it wasn't specified when that would happen.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited April 2012
    der_ketzer wrote: »

Oh, you! :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2012
    Tebeku wrote: »
    The Steam code is for both PC and Mac and if you got the code you were planning to play the game on one of these platforms. Also it's not really a compensation but a workaround until Telltale figures out their stuff.

NO, Steam is its own separate platform... Their own slogan "Steam, The Ultimate Online Game Platform"

Nuff said on that. I'm not gonna play on a platform I didn't order it on unless I'm given the option of what platform!!!

There's no way I'm installing Steam with their POS TOS on my system. TT should give us an option of Steam, xbox or PS3. I don't want "compensation" for the whole season I just want the damn first episode so I can play it!!! I'm not asking for $25 of games(Although the Almost Everything pack for free would be awesome :p) I just want the first $5 episode.

If they are almost done with the TTG version, they need to keep us posted. For that matter, they needed to tell us what the exact problem was to start with instead of just "Oh our server doesn't work, sorry. Goodnight everybody"
  • edited April 2012
    TT should give us an option of Steam, xbox or PS3.

It's a lot harder to get codes for PSN & XBLA and besides why should they spend precious time asking each and every pre-order customer which platform you'd prefer to get a free extra copy of an episode. Plus they already have good relations with Steam and so it's far easier to get a whole load of codes from them to give to their customers - and remember Steam won't have done it for free either. One final thing, the problem with the server only effects the PC/Mac version and so giving compensation for the same systems is the fairest and most logical thing to do.
  • edited April 2012
    On top of my previous post, I've already seen the Steam version and NO THANK YOU. It's buggy as all get out. I really hope they are working on the build and not just the servers otherwise many others will be disappointed
  • edited April 2012
    On top of my previous post, I've already seen the Steam version and NO THANK YOU. It's buggy as all get out. I really hope they are working on the build and not just the servers otherwise many others will be disappointed
    I downloaded the game from Steam last night and I finished the first episode and encountered absolutely NO bugs whatsoever. iMac 10.7.3 here. So don't blame the game, chances are it's your system.
  • edited April 2012
    Weili wrote: »
    I downloaded the game from Steam last night and I finished the first episode and encountered absolutely NO bugs whatsoever. iMac 10.7.3 here. So don't blame the game, chances are it's your system.

Uh, yeah... when your system meets all requirements, and you've ran through all the troubleshooting problems and driver updates and still having the issue. Both on a newer PC and a windows XP model.

I don't blame the game, I blame TellTale for thinking that giving me a Steam code, which I won't install on my main PC, is compensation for both not releasing the game on time AND not keeping us up to date on what the actual issue is.

It isn't just a server issue people. That can be fixed in a matter of minutes by swapping in the backup servers. This is an issue with their build of the game. It either doesn't install right or has a gamebreaking bug. And we're all their servers right now using these forums.
  • edited April 2012
    Uh, yeah... when your system meets all requirements, and you've ran through all the troubleshooting problems and driver updates and still having the issue. Both on a newer PC and a windows XP model.

I don't blame the game, I blame TellTale for thinking that giving me a Steam code, which I won't install on my main PC, is compensation for both not releasing the game on time AND not keeping us up to date on what the actual issue is.

It isn't just a server issue people. That can be fixed in a matter of minutes by swapping in the backup servers. This is an issue with their build of the game. It either doesn't install right or has a gamebreaking bug. And we're all their servers right now using these forums.
    You are absolutely right. Who is running things at TTG, a poorly-trained monkey? Even some random guy on the Internet can do a better job!

ADavidson for prez!
  • edited April 2012
    "If you’ve already redeemed your Steam code, we hope you’ve enjoyed your experience so far. To get future episodes from Telltale Games, you’ll need to install The Walking Dead Season Pass from the Telltale Games website."

...so the steam code was not for the full season :)

*ignores the flames*
  • edited April 2012
    "If you’ve already redeemed your Steam code, we hope you’ve enjoyed your experience so far. To get future episodes from Telltale Games, you’ll need to install The Walking Dead Season Pass from the Telltale Games website."

*ignores the flames*
    Where did you read that?
  • edited April 2012

*ignores the flames*

It was. There is a post somewhere where Mike says it is for the full season.

Here it is:
    Mike wrote: »
    The Steam keys are definitely not being revoked, no. We know we dropped the ball with this a bit, so the Steam keys were a gift for anybody who pre-ordered. The Steam keys do unlock the entire season.

http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=603484#post603484
    Where did you read that?

It is written in the e-mail the customers got just a few moments ago.
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks, Danny. I thought I was right about that :)

Edit: Ah, I see. Okay
  • edited April 2012
    Thanks Danny, a confirmation from Mike was all we needed.
This discussion has been closed.