Thoughts from those who have finished Episode 1? (No Spoiler version)

How is the game? Is the gameplay fun? How is the story?

No spoilers though. I'm waiting to see if I want to buy this or not.

Comments

• edited April 2012
    You can't go wrong with $5 per episode.

If you love the comics and think the TV show is meh, this is going to be worth more than $5.
  • edited April 2012
    Overall I really like the game so far. It has just about the perfect amount of action, puzzle and character development. There were a few times where I was actually startled. As great as everything else is, the story probably stood out the most for me. Just like the Walking Dead series (be it comic or TV) I felt like this was a very believable universe.

Even though I felt it's worth every penny I spent, I do wish that some of the puzzles were more difficult and there be more of it. I kind of miss the days of Monkey Island when I felt like the game world was much bigger and I was able to explore it and discover different things.
  • edited April 2012
    Awesome, thanks.

I was a little on the fence about this because of the bad reception of JP. (Which I haven't actually bought because of that)
  • edited April 2012
    I bought JP and it was the first game I've bought from TTG that I really regret... I was very much looking forward to JP and it was a huge let down. I didn't even bother finishing the first episode. TWD definitely restored my confidence in TTG though :)
  • edited April 2012
    Simply amazing. Easily the best thing Telltale's done since The Devil's Playhouse (not that it has much competition there, though).

However, I still miss traditional Sam and Max/Monkey Island-style point-and-click adventures. While The Walking Dead's gameplay style is by no means bad, I'd like to see Telltale return to their roots soon.
  • edited April 2012
    Simply stated: The game is good. Buy it and enjoy
  • edited April 2012
    Weili wrote: »
    I bought JP and it was the first game I've bought from TTG that I really regret... I was very much looking forward to JP and it was a huge let down. I didn't even bother finishing the first episode. TWD definitely restored my confidence in TTG though :)

Boo Hoo. You didn't like Jurassic Park. Quit being a cry baby. Remember, God doesn't like crybabies...

See what I did there? Being unsatisfied is not the same as crying about something now is it?
  • edited April 2012
    Boo Hoo. You didn't like Jurassic Park. Quit being a cry baby. Remember, God doesn't like crybabies...

See what I did there? Being unsatisfied is not the same as crying about something now is it?
    lol

Stating that one didn't enjoy a game is not the same as one whining and crying like a little turd just because the latter lacks patience and has nothing better to do than hitting F5 on their keyboard until their index finger bled and explode into nerd rage.

In the end, attacking me won't get you your steam key any quicker lol
  • edited April 2012
    Simply amazing. Easily the best thing Telltale's done since The Devil's Playhouse (not that it has much competition there, though).

However, I still miss traditional Sam and Max/Monkey Island-style point-and-click adventures. While The Walking Dead's gameplay style is by no means bad, I'd like to see Telltale return to their roots soon.

Wow.

I loved The Devil's Playhouse. So yeah, buying when I can.
  • edited April 2012
    Weili wrote: »
    lol

Stating that one didn't enjoy a game is not the same as one whining and crying like a little turd just because the latter lacks patience and has nothing better to do than hitting F5 on their keyboard until their index finger bled and explode into nerd rage.

In the end, attacking me won't get you your steam key any quicker lol

lol Saying "I didn't get my key either. Pretty annoying" is far from showing 1. Impatience; or 2. Representing that the person is hitting "any" key repeatedly. I wasn't even attacking you idiot. Just making a point that you obviously lack the intelligence to understand. Here's a hint, now I am attacking you. lol!
  • edited April 2012
    i really really liked it

even though the puzzles can be deemed as easy the whole atmosphere is awesome

it really makes you in charge of life changing decisions and makes you feel the pressure of your actions

plus after every major choice you'll ask yourself more than once if you called it right on what just happened.
  • edited April 2012
    I loved it while I was playing the game, but I'm a little disappointed now that I've discovered that most of my choices had little effect on the game. Even something as big as whether to save either of two characters early in the game has almost no effect...the game forces a specific character to live, and the other to die, no matter what you choose.
  • edited April 2012
    Doesn't mean it won't make a huge difference later. We're still only one episode in.
  • edited April 2012
    Thank you Telltale, for giving me the best game all time, enjoyed every minute of it, and I sometimes felt emotional, not evry game can to that! Thank you!
  • edited April 2012
    I thought that it was worth the purchase.

Much better than most episodes from season 2 of the TV show.

This is coming from someone who has a lot of friends that read the comic, but never actually read the comic himself. I should really get around to doing that one of these days.
  • edited April 2012
    It's awesome and well worth the money, buy it. As a huge fan of the comics I'm impressed with how much the folks at Telltale seem to love The Walking Dead too.
  • edited April 2012
    just great.. i hated JP but TWD ist just great...!!
  • edited April 2012
    Game's a ton of fun, atmosphere and interactions were nailed.

There were a few "Adventure Game Moon Logic" sequences where where you had to do some really convoluted stuff with items that could have been put to much more efficient use. Also, some objective chains that only really needed two or three steps took four or five, I guess to pad the game, but for the most part the flow and pacing were amazing.
  • edited April 2012
    its very short, and fairly linear. i think they should have charged 5 bucks per episode, rather than 25 for 1 episode, and the rest whenever they want to release them. its very fun the first play through. common sense will keep you out of all trouble. there arent unexpected "twists" when you choose certain things.

good game, though i hope the choice options get more dramatic.
  • edited April 2012
    bluezero2x wrote: »
    its very short, and fairly linear. i think they should have charged 5 bucks per episode, rather than 25 for 1 episode, and the rest whenever they want to release them. its very fun the first play through. common sense will keep you out of all trouble. there arent unexpected "twists" when you choose certain things.

good game, though i hope the choice options get more dramatic.
    The $25 is for the season, not one episode. PSN is the only place I know of where you only buy 1 Ep at a time and it is only $5 each.
  • edited April 2012
    How is the game? Is the gameplay fun? How is the story?

No spoilers though. I'm waiting to see if I want to buy this or not.

Great mood in this episode. Makes you want to play more. Some hard choices althought I would like even more parallell choices than those given. The story is engaging and you care about what you do. I would recommend you to buy the whole series right away. If you like adventure games, tension, zombies and dialogue and face-2-face hack'n'slash, go for it. I had a great time.

The only thing that I really hated is that after episode I they show ALOT of trailer video for episode 2 - I'm a person who hates to read the back side of the cover of movies, as I feel they spoil the whole movie... Anyways, I'm really looking forward to the next episode. The graphic feel is awesome and you really want to know what is going to happen later on!

Telltale has done a great job so far - let's hope they give us more dilemmas and increase the number of choices in the future.
  • edited April 2012
    I loved it!
  • edited April 2012
    Just completed it on the ps3 and I thought it was awesome, Loved some of the hard choices you had to make and the quick time events were spot on making you feel a sense of urgency. You really care whats going to happen to most the characters you meet.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey guys I have an xbox360 and I still can't find the download for this game can anyone help me out?
This discussion has been closed.