Did anyone else kill [SPOILER] because...

edited April 2012 in The Walking Dead
He's a real life person put into the game? It seems a weird reason to do that, but that's why I let Doug die. Did anyone else?

Comments

• edited April 2012
    I hope the real Doug isn't reading these forums. It seems most people saved Carley.
  • edited April 2012
    Spoiler tags, broski.
  • edited April 2012
    He's a real life person put into the game? It seems a weird reason to do that, but that's why I let Doug die. Did anyone else?
    I did not know that he was real. That's kinda funny (hehe) My first play through I did save Carley. I plan to finish a second play and saving Doug instead. I like seeing the whole picture. :)
  • edited April 2012
    can one save both?
  • edited April 2012
    Sandman77 wrote: »
    can one save both?

No. The whole point of it is to be a sadistic choice.
  • edited April 2012
    Sandman77 wrote: »
    can one save both?
    Nope. Sorry.

Edit: No need for spoiler code with it on the thread heading. hehe *removed*
  • edited April 2012
    Wait, Doug is the contest winner?

...well I guess that kinda spoils his fate then. :(
  • edited April 2012
    I've played thru the episode two times now. Its pretty cool how the story changes based on the decisions you make. I'm gonna play the game as both the hero type, and the other as a total dick to see how it all plays out.
  • edited April 2012
    Wait, Doug is the contest winner?

...well I guess that kinda spoils his fate then. :(

No, Doug is just some guy who's friends with Telltale. The contest winner will be in Episode 4.
  • edited April 2012
    Ohhh ok, whew.
  • edited April 2012
    I saved the chick. Obviously.
  • edited April 2012
    I chose to save the sexy woman with the gun, along with 90% of people who made their own choice. I think it was a loaded choice because we didn't really get to know Doug as well. The best motivation for letting Carly die is that she knows your secret. The motivation for letting her live though? She's pretty, dependable, a good shot, and pretty dumb. The last bit is a benefit because no one wants a girl with a good head on her shoulders when the apocalypse comes you know.
  • edited April 2012
    Chillforce wrote: »
    I chose to save the sexy woman with the gun, along with 90% of people who made their own choice. I think it was a loaded choice because we didn't really get to know Doug as well. The best motivation for letting Carly die is that she knows your secret. The motivation for letting her live though? She's pretty, dependable, a good shot, and pretty dumb. The last bit is a benefit because no one wants a girl with a good head on her shoulders when the apocalypse comes you know.

Oh, so then you wouldn't want me on your team then. :)
  • edited April 2012
    I actually saved Doug. Carly was so stupid she couldnt even put batteries into a radio the right way round. Doug seemed more useful longterm to the group.
  • edited April 2012

It seems like the incentive to save Doug (aside from Carley knowing your secret) is that he's a computer expert while Carley doesn't know how to put batteries in a radio.

You just know one of the later episodes will have a technology-related puzzle that becomes a hell of a lot easier if you saved Doug.
  • edited April 2012
    Oh, so then you wouldn't want me on your team then. :)

No way! You'd eventually catch on that I was an evil ruthless jerk and throw me to the wolves! I'd kill Larry, Duck, and pretty much anyone who asked for it or seemed to be a weak link. I won't even speak of how low a standard women in an apocalypse will suffer.

I'm already undead though so I suppose the best way to explain my choices would be to say that I would shamble aimlessly until I find and then eat survivors.

Pretty much the same thing.

It seems like the incentive to save Doug (aside from Carley knowing your secret) is that he's a computer expert while Carley doesn't know how to put batteries in a radio.

You just know one of the later episodes will have a technology-related puzzle that becomes a hell of a lot easier if you saved Doug.

I thought so too until I saw all the power go out. Maybe he'll figure out solar panels and bring us to a wonderful place and I screwed it all up? FORGIVE ME DOUG!
  • edited April 2012
    I, too, chose to save Carley, even though I actually thought Doug was adorable in voice and personality (okay, and looks). I guess guns are just that important in the zombie apocalypse that anyone with one is a priority--especially if they know how to shoot one.
  • edited April 2012
    i saved doug i think with my head that is up not down down there lol. a happy dumb trigger ain't going to help me alot. Also one less person knows lee's secret(didn't let her died for that tho ).

Poor doug anyways lol
  • edited April 2012
    No way! You'd eventually catch on that I was an evil ruthless jerk and throw me to the wolves! I'd kill Larry, Duck, and pretty much anyone who asked for it or seemed to be a weak link. I won't even speak of how low a standard women in an apocalypse will suffer.

I'm already undead though so I suppose the best way to explain my choices would be to say that I would shamble aimlessly until I find and then eat survivors.

Pretty much the same thing.

Hey, I build my own electronics, can cook, sew, and shoot bow and arrow to hint my own food, know how to mold plastic, and am a tournament kendo player.I think I'd be okay in a zombie apocolypse.
  • edited April 2012
    I saved Carley mainly because I rather deal with the walkers that are already inside before I deal with the ones coming in.
  • edited April 2012
    Hey, I build my own electronics, can cook, sew, and shoot bow and arrow to hint my own food, know how to mold plastic, and am a tournament kendo player.I think I'd be okay in a zombie apocolypse.

Yeah? Well how quickly do you abandon the jerk that's trying to sleep with everyone woman left alive on earth who also let the annoying kid die?
    I think i've made my point!
  • edited April 2012
    Yeah? Well how quickly do you abandon the jerk that's trying to sleep with everyone woman left alive on earth who also let the annoying kid die?
    I think i've made my point!
    My guess would be - As quickly as you can bat an eye! lol
  • edited April 2012
    Im actually surprised that people chose a handgun with god knows how many shots left after that many walkers over brains and fat.
  • edited April 2012
    Im actually surprised that people chose a handgun with god knows how many shots left after that many walkers over brains and fat.
    Yeah but you can find more bullets, and just think of all the food "brains and fat" will eat? Plus I wouldn't be letting him keep me warm in the coming winter :P Carley could though.
  • edited April 2012
    I saved doug because carley knew I was a murderer, and carley seemed like a complete helpless idiot that would be a burden more than anything. sure she has a gun but those bullets will run out sooner or later and then she'll have nothing to contribute. plus she already said doug was a hero who saved her helpless behind, so I'd want someone like that more.

sure she's a woman but unless I'm able to barter her body to other survivors for stuff I need, she's dead weight that will probably eventually get me killed in the real world. plus once she gets her period she'd going to be attracting zombies for miles ;) and it's going to smell pretty bad being couped up with her in a world without tampons and showers.
  • edited April 2012
    I saved doug because carley knew I was a murderer, and carley seemed like a complete helpless idiot that would be a burden more than anything. sure she has a gun but those bullets will run out sooner or later and then she'll have nothing to contribute. plus she already said doug was a hero who saved her helpless behind, so I'd want someone like that more.

sure she's a woman but unless I'm able to barter her body to other survivors for stuff I need, she's dead weight that will probably eventually get me killed in the real world. plus once she gets her period she'd going to be attracting zombies for miles ;) and it's going to smell pretty bad being couped up with her in a world without tampons and showers.
    I LOLd! That's good, albeit a bit chauvinistic.

They use smell yes, per the comic, but it is a pretty rank and rotting smell, not just blood.
  • edited April 2012

Lol all the way with you also, telltale take notes for the ability of barter dead bodies, and tampon nades to distract zombies
  • edited April 2012

...marry me.
  • edited April 2012
    Lol all the way with you also, telltale take notes for the ability of barter dead bodies, and tampon nades to distract zombies
    Zombie Chum? rofl!
  • edited April 2012
    I saved Carley on the off-chance that I'll get to see her boobs in a later episode.
  • harrisonpinkharrisonpink Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2012
    Doug actually used to work at TTG (that was before my time though) And come on, how could you not want to save a guy who used to play with robots? :cool:
  • edited April 2012
    Doug actually used to work at TTG (that was before my time though) And come on, how could you not want to save a guy who used to play with robots? :cool:
    Pfffft! Yeah... robots huh? ummm okay. ;) He did make me wonder about him when Lee was talking to him and Doug said he did, "other stuff." lol
  • edited April 2012
    I saved Carley because she saved my ass when first arriving at the pharmacy, she also just seemed more useful than a guy who can reprogram TV remotes. :)
  • edited April 2012
    ted12 wrote: »
    ...marry me.

My machinery brings all the boys to the yard?

I actually find it funny that the new Telltalers think I'm a dude.
  • edited April 2012
    I saved Doug 'cos of his cool t-shirt.
  • edited April 2012

The internet! Where men are women, kids are adults, and cops are kids! :D
  • edited April 2012
    I saved Doug because Carly had a gun and I figured she could save herself. I was wrong. Glad I saved Doug, shooting is easy electronics is hard. Seriously, anyone can shoot a gun, had Carly been a sniper like Andrea then I might have reconsidered. Doug is then man you need on your side when the lights go out.
  • edited April 2012
    Rasher wrote: »
    I saved Doug because Carly had a gun and I figured she could save herself. I was wrong. Glad I saved Doug, shooting is easy electronics is hard. Seriously, anyone can shoot a gun, had Carly been a sniper like Andrea then I might have reconsidered. Doug is then man you need on your side when the lights go out.
    Pure speculation. ;) There may be nothing that can be done when those lights go out. Then Mr. Useful Dougy is not so useful.

As an electrician by trade, I can tell you from experience, if there is no power and nowhere to get power from, there isn't a damned thing I can do about it.
  • edited April 2012
    It was an interesting choice, as they seemed polar opposites. Carly can shoot but is a dunce. Doug is a techie but doesn't appear to have the martial chops. One big difference was that Carly knew who I was. Deciding factor for me. Doug saved.
  • edited April 2012

It's the avatar.
This discussion has been closed.