"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Winslow left the Inventory and got a new job at a map factory.

Chief Pointing Director?
  • edited March 2013
    Also would someone be so kind as to link me those leaked pictures? Google hasn't been much help...
    Not in this thread please.
    edited March 2013
    Not in this thread please.

Darth, look around the forum. We unfortunately already have a leak. :o
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2013
    The game looks absolutely amazing. Even though I am only familiar with Sam and Max, Venture Bros, and Portal, I am definitely going to love this game. I even started playing Borderlands 2 specifically because of this game. Can't say I know much about Evil Dead though.

Also, in other Telltale news, more news on Fables has been announced. The game is called "The Wolf Among Us," and the artstyle looks even better than Walking Dead. Looks like Walking Dead's success has been doing good favors for Telltale.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/27/telltales-fables-is-called-the-wolf-among-us
  • edited March 2013
    LEAKS MUST BE PLUGGED!

And by plugged... I mean the old 30s gangster definition. Pow Pow!
  • edited March 2013
    Darth, look around the forum. We unfortunately already have a leak. :o
    Plugged. With extreme prejudice. And a cheese grater.
    edited March 2013
    Shall I PM the poor community memberesse whose feelings you've probably hurt? :D
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2013
    My original post is all the way at the bottom of page 2 since the threads merged. Should I still update it for future news?
  • edited March 2013
    Shall I PM the poor community memberesse whose feelings you've probably hurt? :D
    I've already PM'd them explaining what I did and why.

I also apologized for the use of the lemon sauce, since that was a tad too OTT.
    edited March 2013
    Can't say I know much about Evil Dead though.

It's better that way. Forget Evil Dead, the only worthwhile thing to watch is the practically not-really-third-part "Army of Darkness".
    I also apologized for the use of the lemon sauce, since that was a tad too OTT.

Yeah, you be nice to Maritza. She writes pretty comics for me. :D
  • edited March 2013
    My original post is all the way at the bottom of page 2 since the threads merged. Should I still update it for future news?
    Honestly, I wouldn't bother. It was nice of you to do, but I don't think anyone was reading it at this point anyway, and now the threads have been merged, there's really no point.
    Yeah, you be nice to Maritza. She writes pretty comics for me. :D
    Look, I said I was sorry about the fruit shoots, but there's no way in hell I'm apologizing for the buffalo. That was totally called for, given the circumstances.
  • edited March 2013
    So are we all still thinking Kart racer?
  • edited March 2013
    Kart Racer would be Pootis!
  • edited March 2013
    I will say that it is, sadly, not a Kart Racer.
  • edited March 2013
    It's *snipped*!!

*EDIT* Still no.
  • edited March 2013
    *sigh*

To re-iterate: DO NOT POST THE LEAKED IMAGES ON THIS FORUM.
  • edited March 2013
    Oh yeah, forgot to say, BLACKJACK!
  • edited March 2013
    I'm assuming that
    the Long-Fall Loafers will be a pre-order bonus like the Dealer's Visor was, since GLaDOS doesn't seem to actually be a player,

Actually now that I think about it,
    GLaDOS may actually be the Winslow of the game, as in the one to lead the player in the beginning, explain to them the situation, and raise the blinds.
    I have know idea how this would work... Or maybe
    she's an unlockable player.
    In a perfect world you would have the original four from the first poker night and would be able to swap each one in and out with the new characters, each having there own impressive amount of dialogue interactions with every character. Though that's me being VERY hopeful.
  • edited March 2013
    It's better that way. Forget Evil Dead, the only worthwhile thing to watch is the practically not-really-third-part "Army of Darkness".

Don't listen to this man. Evil Dead 2 is a masterpiece, and Army of Darkness is entirely a sequel to it.
  • edited March 2013
    Whoops! Apparently I commited a faux-paus linking these leaked images. Sorry, my excitement overwhelmed my sense of propriety!

Anyway, this is all so very exciting :3 I can't wait!!
  • edited March 2013
    I kinda hope it'll be possible to unlock the Ap-Sap through the game, cause I'm not gonna blow money on the soundtrack just to get that :P
  • edited March 2013
    GLaDOS may actually be the Winslow of the game, as in the one to lead the player in the beginning, explain to them the situation, and raise the blinds.
    In a perfect world you would have the original four from the first poker night and would be able to swap each one in and out with the new characters, each having there own impressive amount of dialogue interactions with every character. Though that's me being VERY hopeful.

Yeah, that's not happening.

Strong Bad alone would make that impossible. :(
  • edited March 2013
    Don't listen to this man. Evil Dead 2 is a masterpiece, and Army of Darkness is entirely a sequel to it.

This.
  • edited March 2013
    crfh wrote: »
    Whoops! Apparently I commited a faux-paus linking these leaked images. Sorry, my excitement overwhelmed my sense of propriety!
    Not a problem. Let me just find my hand-cranked butter slicer and your punishment can commence. ;)
  • edited March 2013

Impossible considering Telltale's size and this was an ongoing series. They'd set a precedent of reupping the dialogue with every iteration and the combination of characters would make it unwieldy.
  • edited March 2013
    Well, damn. Poker Night was exciting because it was four characters I loved playing cards and shooting the breeze. The only characters I'm even familiar with in this one, much less care about, are Sam and our apparent new host.
  • edited March 2013
    Now I'm sort of turned on.
  • edited March 2013
    Well, damn. Poker Night was exciting because it was four characters I loved playing cards and shooting the breeze. The only characters I'm even familiar with in this one, much less care about, are Sam and our apparent new host.

Sadly, I'm in much the same camp. But then I never actually played the first one, so what do I know?
    crfh wrote: »
    Now I'm sort of turned on.
    ...well, that's ONE way of getting satisfactory results, I suppose. ;)
    edited March 2013

As I said: I have an idea what happened to Winslow. Maybe there was a
    murder at the inventory
    after all? :cool:
  • edited March 2013
    Anyone who doesn't like Ash is wrong in opinion and life. Possibly [snip]
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, I'm gonna stop you right there.
  • edited March 2013
    Well I enjoyed the first Poker Night, and I had never really known who Strongbad was(never heard of him before that point), and the game also got me to really learn what Penny Arcade was(still don't fully know, but I've got the gist). Sam and Max I hadn't played any of their games til after Poker Night. The point being we shall see how the game plays and how it makes the characters feel.
  • edited March 2013
    Indeed.

Ash is still awesome though. Dude's taken on friggin' everything.
  • edited March 2013
    I SOOOOO hope they got Bruce to do his voice....
  • edited March 2013
    murder at the inventory
    Death by GLaDOS...
    Wouldn't have seen that coming from a mile away, of course this is all speculation... It also leaves you to wonder if something happened
    at/to the inventory because the main premise of the first game was that all these game characters and enthusiast came to the inventory to hang out, shoot the breeze, and play some good ol' poker. Now these pictures show them all at many different locations.
    Yeah, that's not happening.

Strong Bad alone would make that impossible. :(

Oh yeah... Hiatus and all... It's a shame that movie Matt and Craig were writing never saw the light of day... Makes me wonder, Poker Night with The Aquabats? :D
  • edited March 2013
    murder at the inventory

Don't worry, he's not dead. He's just being taken care of by top men.
  • edited March 2013
    Leak-Detection-and-Repair.jpg
  • edited March 2013
    Okay, so I don't care about Army of Darkness, or Venture Bros.

It occurs to me that Max, Strong Bad and Tycho all have their own adventure games. Sure, The Heavy doesn't, but TF2 is fricken free-to-play. Everyone who has Steam (see: every modern PC gamer) should have a copy of it.

I don't see how these characters (besides Sam) are interesting choices at all.

EDIT:
    In order words, this. ^
  • edited March 2013
    Chyron8472 wrote: »
    Okay, so I don't care about Army of Darkness, or Venture Bros.

It occurs to me that Max, Strong Bad and Tycho all have their own adventure games. Sure, The Heavy doesn't, but TF2 is fricken free-to-play. Everyone who has Steam (see: every modern PC gamer) should have a copy of it.

I don't see how these characters (besides Sam) are interesting choices at all.

EDIT:

In order words, this. ^

Well for one, because Brock Samson and Ash could both compete for baddest man alive.

Ash would win but still.
  • edited March 2013
    I find this a little ridiculous that the characters in the OP have to be spoiler tagged when I made the educated guess from the TF2 items 2 weeks ago before Key Party Started. Note this thread was called
    Poker Night 2
    before being Called The Key Party
Sign in to comment in this discussion.