"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    So what is the tv show exactly? Never really watched adult swim.

One of the best tv shows of all time and definitely among the best animated shows of all time. A twist on Johnny Quest except with the failure of the Space Age and its individuals as a theme, following the adventures of immortal boys, their Polish/Swedish death machine body guard, a parody take on G.I. Joe, Cobra, Transformers, the bureaucracy of supervillainy, and oh yeah David Bowie as the most powerful villain on earth.
  • edited March 2013
    It is kinda random with a plot, but it is about the Ventures and various other characters, having various adventures, funny moments, etc etc. Brock Samson, atleast in the past, used to be the bodyguard for Dr. Venture, he even kills an Airplane crocodile with that knife of his. Now(to my knowledge) he works for a secret organization called S.P.H.Y.N.X
  • edited March 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    l DONT CARE WHAT THIS IS IF VENTURE BROS IS IT IN I WILL GIVE YOU MY MONEY!!!!!

Same here! Especially with Bock! Dr Orpheus would also be acceptable.
  • edited March 2013
    "Pinstripes, gentleman! They lead the eye down."
  • edited March 2013
    In other good news, Slender the Arrival is now available, but alas I've yet to receive the email with the download link
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2013
    They have a couple of full episodes of Venture Bros on adultswim.com you can watch for free with 30 second ads where commercial breaks would normally be.
  • edited March 2013
    If you want the perfect introduction to The Venture Bros, its tone and intelligence, you'll watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfjj7Y9N27c
  • edited March 2013
    ^vv^

If you didn't know(spoiler)
    the larger guy, 21(his name as a henchmen) actually is pretty lethal. In the later seasons, from what I've seen, he is actually capable of taking on Brock Samson in hand to hand combat

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBoRLr3kgtU&feature=fvwp&NR=1 , because tf2 ^vvv^
  • edited March 2013
    ^vv^

If you didn't know(spoiler)
    the larger guy, 21(his name as a henchmen) actually is pretty lethal. In the later seasons, from what I've seen, he is actually capable of taking on Brock Samson in hand to hand combat
    To a degree. Brock's still better, but it's impressive 21 can go toe to toe with him at all.
  • edited March 2013
    I know right? I also like 21 because Blackjack(I like Blackjack, is a fun simpler poker game to play if you don't know Texas Hold'em very well)
    And he sees freaking ghosts!

*As a note I've seen random episodes throughout the series, like one from each season atleast, I need to watch from the beginning XD
  • edited March 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    So what is the tv show exactly? Never really watched adult swim.

I'm only loosely familiar with it myself (so if my description's bad, feel free to correct me!), but from what I understand it's a very dark parody of old Hanna-Barbera action cartoons (especially Johnny Quest).

The show stars two kid adventurers, Hank and Dean Venture, their scientist father Rusty Venture (who was once a kid adventurer himself, although his failures as an adult have turned him bitter), and their overly badass bodyguard Brock Samson who kills many, many people. Together they go on very bizarre (and often disturbing) adventures, though at the same time it's the only Adult Swim show that's even close to having a sense of continuity.
  • edited March 2013
    So totally worth it to get the DVDs. I've been an absolute addict since Episode 1 AND SEASON FOUR WAS SO GOOD
  • edited March 2013
    I'm only loosely familiar with it myself (so if my description's bad, feel free to correct me!), but from what I understand it's a very dark parody of old Hanna-Barbera action cartoons (especially Johnny Quest).

The show stars two kid adventurers, Hank and Dean Venture, their scientist father Rusty Venture (who was once a kid adventurer himself, although his failures as an adult have turned him bitter), and their overly badass bodyguard Brock Samson who kills many, many people. Together they go on very bizarre (and often disturbing) adventures, though at the same time it's the only Adult Swim show that's even close to having a sense of continuity.

It's also moved beyond its original premise of dark failure parody of JQ to having its own life as the characters have matured. Brock's arc in Season 3 and 4 especially, and the growth of the boys.
  • edited March 2013
    The boys have growths? Ewwww, cuthemoff cuthemoff cuthemoff!

• edited March 2013
    The image is on the site. They just didn't refresh the main page.

Image: http://www.thekeyparty.com/img/keys-2.jpg

(And no, keys-3 isn't there yet!)
  • edited March 2013
    My pants are haunted!

Also, I fully expect Brock to kill Sam. Or for there to be a Sam and Samson joke.
  • edited March 2013
    After seeing the 2nd guest reveal, I've come up with an idea of what the game could be, and I don't think it's going to be a murder mystery. I think it will have something to do with keys...what if they are ALL car keys and it's a racer? Might be interesting to see Telltale do a racing game
  • edited March 2013
    No. NO. No. no no no no no.

NO!

Don't even entertain that thought.
  • edited March 2013
    A racer would actually make me disapointed really. I mean, yeah, it could be fun, but I've really wanted another fun Poker game, and to also have the chance of a multiplayer one at that.
  • edited March 2013
    It won't just be a racer. It'll be a car building game on the Xbox360.
  • edited March 2013
    My pants are haunted!

Also, I fully expect Brock to kill Sam. Or for there to be a Sam and Samson joke.

teepee1ef.jpg
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2013
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    (And no, keys-3 isn't there yet!)

We figured you guys might get all sneaky like that! ;)
  • edited March 2013
    Alas. But interesting times are ahead.
  • edited March 2013
    Brock Sampson? WTFrak? Telltale: I am disappoint. I know I'm in a minority here, but I really, REALLY don't like Venture Bros. I find it tedious and unfunny. Unfunny as in not just not funny, but it actively makes other things less funny by proximity.

I am actually considering not buying this game now. Le sigh.
  • edited March 2013
    I find it tedious and unfunny. Unfunny as in not just not funny, but it actively makes other things less funny by proximity.

It certainly made that joke unfunny.
  • edited March 2013
    coolsome wrote: »
    It certainly made that joke unfunny.

That wasn't a joke, it was the stone cold truth.
  • edited March 2013
    You make things unfunny.
  • edited March 2013
    Ahem. Thank you.
  • edited March 2013
    Slender the Arrival is creepy, I have chills now, will save it for later XD

Edit: I'ma play some Poker Night at the Inventory to lighten the mood
  • edited March 2013
    Brock Sampson? WTFrak? Telltale: I am disappoint. I know I'm in a minority here, but I really, REALLY don't like Venture Bros. I find it tedious and unfunny. Unfunny as in not just not funny, but it actively makes other things less funny by proximity.

I am actually considering not buying this game now. Le sigh.

HaxTG.gif
  • edited March 2013
    And that's just the foreplay
  • edited March 2013
    Not going to play Slender again.
  • edited March 2013
    Oh, good, an Adult Swim character. Because the huge rush of excitement I felt yesterday had to be balanced out with an equal, if not greater, amount of apathy.
  • edited March 2013
    Based on the rumors so far, my only disappointment is the exclusion of Sterling Malory Archer.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited March 2013
    Well this definetly means the characters we should expect are legit. Poker Night 2 here we come!

It DOES mean that we're not in for surprises these next three days. *sigh*

Still I desperately hope that the eventual announcement is not just "Poker Night 2" but something different. After all, the whole "key" theme just doesn't make any sense if it's just another card game.
  • edited March 2013
    It DOES mean that we're not in for surprises these next three days. *sigh*

Still I desperately hope that the eventual announcement is not just "Poker Night 2" but something different. After all, the whole "key" theme just doesn't make any sense if it's just another card game.

Well. They can expand it to include more than just Texas hold'em. Each character could have a game they want to play and others are just dragged along for a ride. It would also be cool if there was two characters from the each series.
  • edited March 2013
    And that's just the foreplay

If that's an actual line in Venture Brothers, I might be looking for the DVDs in Europe, or at least download the series.
  • edited March 2013
    DAISHI wrote: »
    You make things unfunny.

And yet I could only wish to be half as successful at what I do as Venture Bros is. Maybe I should watch more of it. That way I could learn some tips on how to suck the joy out of life.
  • edited March 2013
    I seem to be the only one here who does not know who Samson is. Oh well.
  • edited March 2013
    Maybe I should watch more of it. That way I could learn some tips on how to suck the joy out of life.

You sucked the joy out of this thread that's a start.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.