"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

1181920212224»

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    But for how long? I wonder will the new xbox backfire horribly.

I don't know much about consoles, but my hopeful "logic" is saying it will.

bit off topic lol

looks like i'll be playing it xbox first then :P then play it steam later
  • edited April 2013
    You save some cash by waiting like, what, an extra two days? Unless you must dress up your Avatar like Sam, or something (Samthing?).

Patience is a virtue.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    spd12 wrote: »
    You save some cash by waiting like, what, an extra two days? Unless you must dress up your Avatar like Sam, or something (Samthing?).

Patience is a virtue.

The shitty part is that everyone is bending over for Microsoft.
  • edited April 2013
    Personally I think Xbox 360/720/whatever is a rip off. With Xbox you have to pay just to play online which should be a free feature. Now the drm bs, insulting people and the rumors of the price being very high. The only thing Xbox really had was 2 exclusives (Gears of War and Halo) and it got some DLC and this game for whatever bs reason earlier. We have to assume that it was Mircosofts usually bs of them wanting it first and they basically reduced Rare the company who made so many great games into a mini game collection developer.
  • edited April 2013
    Well, I ain't going to get it anyway, since I already got it on Steam, and my PS3 is the only console currently near being connected to a power socket.
  • edited April 2013
    i wanted the xbox exclusives mainly the zero skin (apparantly they can't be moved cross platform ? and i only have borderlands 2 on xbox) and the glados avatar...still 4 quid on steam i got the first poker night and the second one... and 800 msp for the pn2 on xbox live... no brainer as far i'm concerned..since i wrongly assumed it was only on pc again lol...

on day 1 of pn2 on xbox got all the bonuses and most of the cheevos and only got the deck/felt/chip cheevos left.. there is swearing no option to turn it off and the difficulty is 'hard' ish...compared to pn1.
    the xbox version also has a bit of freezing when giving cheevos/ bonuses and the cards stay up a bit too long even after the hand is over, they are still visable just above the boarders of the hud sometimes.. also in some ways it's better more funny in others it's bit boring lol
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I've been playing a bit of Poker Night 2 on Xbox Live tonight. I'm enjoying it quite a bit (although I'm not very good at it).

I'm disappointed that I have to go to a sleep study and won't be able to play it again until tomorrow, which is probably the best praise anyone could give to any game. ;)
  • edited April 2013
    imo pn2 has one fatal flaw...

ash is a bit lame
  • edited April 2013

ash is a bit lame

From the small videos I've watched, Ash's character sort of worries me. He sounds too tame. Ash sounds normal in casual conversation, but his VA just says stuff WAYYYYY too calm. Not worried, though: I think it's because I haven't seen enough of Ash to make a judgement.
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2013

ash is a bit lame
    I disagree. There's a lot of funny Ash lines, like when he talks about his ex-girlfriends, and especially the part where he's asked how he lost his arm).

If you haven't heard any funny lines from Ash, keep playing and you'll hear them. In my first dozen or so playthroughs of Poker Night 1, I found The Heavy uninteresting, but that was just because I hadn't yet heard his best lines.
  • edited April 2013
    It just says coming soon in my Steam. Is 26th release exclusive to the US?
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    Nope, that should be everywhere.
  • edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    It just says coming soon in my Steam. Is 26th release exclusive to the US?

It is still the 25th here in the US, so that is why it isn't out right now on steam :p
  • edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    It is still the 25th here in the US, so that is why it isn't out right now on steam :p

I know that but I'm not a frequent user of Steam, so don't know if it splits according to localisation like the online console gamestores do. I was hoping that I'd see a date rather than 'coming soon', which sounds either uncertain or lazy.

Edit: Thanks, Puzzlebox!

So when do they update? Midnight PST? 9am PST? When they feel like it? Hopefully it'll be out by 6pm BST.
  • edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I know that but I'm not a frequent user of Steam, so don't know if it splits according to localisation like the online console gamestores do. I was hoping that I'd see a date rather than 'coming soon', which sounds either uncertain or lazy.

Also, assuming Steam is Steam worldwide, when do they update? Midnight PST? 9am PST? When they feel like it? Hopefully it'll be out by 6pm BST.

I don't know much on time zones, but I think it'd be 6PM BST exactly.(steam usually updates at 1:00PM EST which I think is 6 PM BST) Of course this is assuming that is when the game comes out.
  • edited April 2013
    According to the store page, "This game will unlock in approximately 21 hours." So that would put it around 2:00 PM EST.
  • edited April 2013
    Woo! Thanks, guys. Hopefully they will have anticipated the amount of immediate downloads when it goes live.
  • edited April 2013
    Jake wrote: »
    In that way, the "real" story, the heart of the story, feels to me like it belongs to Sam. And that's pretty cool.

That's what I was getting at, but I don't think I put it anywhere near so eloquently :D
    Profanity wrote: »
    The shitty part is that everyone is bending over for Microsoft.

QFT

I really can't see why people would be acquiescing if it were a "Give us launch exclusivity or you can't get on our console" thing. If a couple of developers publicly announced that they were dropping xbox support because it would prevent them from treating all gamers on supported platforms equally, I can't imagine that ending well for Microsoft.

It's only a sustainable stance so long as nobody calls them out on it.
  • edited April 2013
    I still can't believe that there's such a fuss over two days of exclusivity.
  • edited April 2013
    Cheeseness wrote: »
    I really can't see why people would be acquiescing if it were a "Give us launch exclusivity or you can't get on our console" thing. If a couple of developers publicly announced that they were dropping xbox support because it would prevent them from treating all gamers on supported platforms equally, I can't imagine that ending well for Microsoft.

It's only a sustainable stance so long as nobody calls them out on it.

Well, if the next XBox is revealed to actually have most of the rumored features that they are rumored to have, I doubt they will be keeping the tight grip they seem to have for much longer
    I still can't believe that there's such a fuss over two days of exclusivity.

I mainly gripe about it because said 2 days of exclusivity caused me to wait 3 days longer than they initially targeted it for on the Steam Store Page for something I have been wanting rather fervently for ever since the TF2 Items were patched in and they were found in the item schema.
  • edited April 2013
    hey jen i did say 'a bit lame' ;)

he has had some some good stuff but in my games he's usually been the first one i busted out lol not heard the line about his hand yet tho.

and i don't like sams feet... they look freaky..
Sign in to comment in this discussion.