"The Key Party" - New teaser by Telltale - it's Poker Night 2!

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Gman5852 wrote: »
    Yeah this. I'm guessing that since they have the preorder set in the database, they are just about to announce preorders/pricing and hopefully a release date.

ahh, i just wondered if it was either just me being blind or it was only up on the american steam or something
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    So, apparently, Telltale Games sneaked some peaks for Poker Night 2 yesterday at AMD's Fan Day.

Did anyone go? Or know someone who did?

I was there! :p

It was a great night - lots of people played the game (one guy in particular played for something like 1.5 hrs straight), and we gave away a bunch of prizes.
  • edited April 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    I was there! :p

It was a great night - lots of people played the game (one guy in particular played for something like 1.5 hrs straight), and we gave away a bunch of prizes.

I want to play the game! (When is the Steam Pre-Purchase going to go live?)
  • edited April 2013
    Yes, do we have a date when preorder is going to be available??
    edited April 2013
    I don't have a date for that at the moment, but will try to let you know here when the game is available to order.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't have a date for that at the moment, but will try to let you know here when the game is available to order.

We'll just wait then and hope it'll be available soon (I hope within a week)
    edited April 2013
    Poker Night 2 up for pre-sale on Steam right now!
  • edited April 2013

I was about to post that, you had an unfair advantage :(
  • edited April 2013

That's a first! A game that's on sale on Steam before it's on sale on Telltale's own site!
  • edited April 2013
    That's a first! A game that's on sale on Steam before it's on sale on Telltale's own site!

Apparently Poker Night 2 is going to be Steam-exclusive (PC-wise, I mean), so it won't be on the Telltale Store.
  • edited April 2013
    It's in the bag!!!!
    edited April 2013
    Apparently Poker Night 2 is going to be Steam-exclusive (PC-wise, I mean), so it won't be on the Telltale Store.

Correct, this one won't be sold in the Telltale store.
  • edited April 2013
    Hey it is $5 like the last game. That's good.
  • edited April 2013
    Correct, this one won't be sold in the Telltale store.

Really? Make sense, because of the TF2/Borderlands 2 items, and the only way to get them IS through Steam.

Also I like that it's still $5. Probably will pick it up this week.
  • edited April 2013
    I don't like Steam clogging up my system unnecessarily and I don't have any of the current consoles or handheld devices. Do I have no option but to purchase on Steam if I want this game?
  • edited April 2013
    Steam is now saying the game will unlock on April 23rd. Looks like we have a release date!
  • edited April 2013
    Bought it, will get in some more Poker Night 1 gameplay before the second releases
  • edited April 2013
    Steam is now saying the game will unlock on April 23rd. Looks like we have a release date!

Crap I go away on April 21st and wouldn't have internet until a week or so later. Just my luck :p
  • edited April 2013

Well, that was fast.
  • edited April 2013
    horror-poker-2.jpg
    Prepare your Poker-Face everyone!
  • edited April 2013
    Just preordered!
  • edited April 2013
    BrianBoyko wrote: »
    Just preordered!

this and played abit of the first game..great !

are the unlocks for the pc games only or are they transferable to say from steam to an xbox (speaking of borderlands 2 )
    edited April 2013
    are the unlocks for the pc games only or are they transferable to say from steam to an xbox (speaking of borderlands 2 )

The unlocks are tied to the platform you're playing Poker Night 2 on. So for example, if you unlock Borderlands 2 items on PC, they'll only show up in the PC version of Borderlands 2.
  • edited April 2013
    tbm1986 wrote: »
    I don't like Steam clogging up my system unnecessarily and I don't have any of the current consoles or handheld devices. Do I have no option but to purchase on Steam if I want this game?

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Valve insisted on a Steam-only release as part of the deal for use of GLaDOS.
  • edited April 2013
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    I don't know for sure, but I suspect Valve insisted on a Steam-only release as part of the deal for use of GLaDOS.

No because Poker Night 1 had Heavy and you can still get that game off of the telltale store.
  • edited April 2013
    The Steam only PC release is probably because of the rewards for Borderlands 2 and Team Fortress 2.

Last time, with Poker Night, Telltale gave away free Steam codes for whoever bought the game from this site so that the unlocks would work properly. I would imagine that those codes weren't free for Telltale.
  • edited April 2013
    The unlocks are tied to the platform you're playing Poker Night 2 on. So for example, if you unlock Borderlands 2 items on PC, they'll only show up in the PC version of Borderlands 2.

I still do believe that it's locked to a console, but hey, I suppose people can buy the game three times given how cheap it is.
  • edited April 2013
    Not touching this one.

I guess you could say I'm racist against robots. Star Wars, Wall-E, Short Circuit, Robot in the Family...can't stand any of their robots. GLaDOS & Wheately are no exceptions. Wheately is right up there with Jar Jar Binks & Navi.
  • edited April 2013
    kinda sucks that was hoping to have the portal zero skin lol
    edited April 2013
    kinda sucks that was hoping to have the portal zero skin lol

The game is coming to XBLA and PSN too! It's just that if you want the unlocks on those platforms, you'll need to purchase and play Poker Night 2 there.
  • edited April 2013
    I would imagine that those codes weren't free for Telltale.

At that time possibly. But I think that has changed a little bit later. But don't quote me on that.
  • edited April 2013
    The game is coming to XBLA and PSN too! It's just that if you want the unlocks on those platforms, you'll need to purchase and play Poker Night 2 there.

yeah wish i knew that before buying it on steam lol still 4 quid and got both pn games can't complain that much ;)
  • edited April 2013
    I would imagine that those codes weren't free for Telltale.

From what I understand, Steam keys for their own games haven't ever costed developers anything.
  • edited April 2013
    Cheeseness wrote: »
    From what I understand, Steam keys for their own games haven't ever costed developers anything.

I am certain this is not true. But I can no longer find any source claiming since when it is free. All I know is: It hasn't always been that way.
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    I am certain this is not true. But I can no longer find any source claiming since when it is free. All I know is: It hasn't always been that way.

I'm yet to publish anything on Steam myself, but another developer that I talk to tells me that they've never had to pay for keys (previously they'd just email their Valve contact with how many they needed, though recently a more structured request process has been put in place).
  • edited April 2013
    From the Steamworks page
    Keep all of your users together no matter where or how they get your game. Steamworks has a host of features and services that support your retail product and any digital copies, wherever they are sold. It’s free. There is no per-copy activation charge or bandwidth fee.
  • edited April 2013
    der_ketzer wrote: »
    But don't quote me on that.

Don't tell me what to do.
  • edited April 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »
    Don't tell me what to do.

You really shouldn't have done that.
  • edited April 2013
    Anyone know of any plans to add an unlockable for Krieg in Borderlands 2 once he is available?
  • edited April 2013
    Anyone know of any plans to add an unlockable for Krieg in Borderlands 2 once he is available?

doubt it

one can hope !
Sign in to comment in this discussion.