Telltale expands, promising "two unannounced series"

edited August 2008 in General Chat
Just in from Adventure Gamers:
At an early GDC gathering on Monday evening, Telltale Games revealed that prominent industry veterans Mike Stemmle, Justin Chin, and Brett Tosti have now joined the rapidly-expanding company. In fact, the latest round of hirings has virtually doubled the size in the California-based studio in the past year. The extra staffing is needed, too, as Telltale also revealed that it is gearing up for "two unnannounced series" already in development.

Comments

• MelMel
    edited February 2008
    Woo! It'll be interesting to see what they announce. :)
  • edited February 2008
    Hooray, can't wait. I want Full Throttle.. wishful thinking I know..
  • jmmjmm
    edited February 2008
    Blades of Stenchtar IV!
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    Blades of Stenchtar IV!

The world's not ready. Not by a long shot.
  • edited February 2008
    Interesting indeed...

Our little Telltale is growing up :p
  • edited February 2008
    I want Monkey Island 5
  • edited February 2008
    Holy cow, forget LucasArts, this is where it's at!
  • edited February 2008
    -Maniac Mansion 3
    -Flint Paper: Bad Cop
  • edited February 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Holy cow, forget LucasArts, this is where it's at!

telltale = lucasarts mkII
  • edited February 2008
    mkII ? What do you mean ?

It's great to see Telltale grows... Maybe it means the financial situation is great and a company can live by producing adventure games ?
    edited February 2008
    "mark II," aka "version 2.0"

... if that's really what does it for you.
  • edited February 2008
    Wow! Mike's joined telltale. I remember you saying he was always welcome on the history of Sam & Max. This is great news. Soon, you will rule the WORLD! Rule the world, I say! Better, better. :)
  • edited February 2008
    Good stuff. While I'm one of the more critical people posting on the S&M board, this is awesome news and proves that I should keep investing on your products even if I don't agree with all the choices. :)

Stemmle I know, but who are the other two guys mentioned in the AG quote - Chin and Tosti? It's fantastic that you're expanding, I can't wait to see the wonders that lie ahead.

You know, now that we have kind of used to new Sam & Max games being released regularly and the initial excitement has kind of worn off, I think I'm actually starting to think that I'd like to explore a whole new story more than the remakes. Sam & Max was something that really had to be done, but now I'm ready for new waters!
    There was no cool biker comic franchise that Full Throttle was based on and it turned out to be more than awesome. Why couldn't Telltale do the same, especially now that there's even more great talent among them?

I trust you guys, let's stun the world with something new and incredible, alright? :)
  • edited February 2008
    Great news. Take THAT, Lucasarts! :D
  • edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    Stemmle I know, but who are the other two guys mentioned in the AG quote - Chin and Tosti?

Both are former LucasArts employees. Justin Chin is probably best known for the Jedi Knight games. He later left LucasArts and founded Infinite Machine which put out a console game called New Legends and was planning to make that Xbox Sam & Max action/adventure before the company went bankrupt. Brett Tosti has a pretty extensive background as a LucasArts producer.
  • edited February 2008
    By the way, Stemmle isn't listed on the "Our Team" page, even though Chin and Tosti are.
  • edited February 2008
    Wayhay! It'll be nice to see some new Telltale stuff. :)
    edited February 2008
    Mike Stemmle has only been around for the last week or so, while Brett and Justin have been working on projects at TTG for the last few months. I'm sure Mike Stemmle will be appearing on the page soon.
  • edited February 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    By the way, Stemmle isn't listed on the "Our Team" page, even though Chin and Tosti are.

That's because that page gets updated when I get around to it :)
  • edited February 2008
    C'mon!!! Announce The New Series!!!
  • edited February 2008
    We did announce them! We just didn't say what they are :)
  • edited February 2008
    C'mon!!! Announce The New Series!!!

I note that this eager exclamation comes from someone who is an apparent Monkey Island fan... :p

My guess/hope...?

...huh. I haven't a clue.
  • edited February 2008
    WELCOME, MIKE!!!!! :)
    I had diabolically forseen his epiphany in Telltale headquarters:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4268

(Okay, that thread sounded a little on the pathetic side of it, I apologize) :p
  • edited February 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Mike Stemmle has only been around for the last week or so, while Brett and Justin have been working on projects at TTG for the last few months. I'm sure Mike Stemmle will be appearing on the page soon.

So the games-to-be-announced are well underway already - great news. A couple of months less to wait! :cool:
  • edited February 2008
    When are you guys gonna hire George Lucas?
  • edited February 2008
    LOL!

--Erwin
  • edited February 2008
    I have my fingers crossed that at least one of the new franchises is an original IP. Now that they have the budget and man power to do so, Telltale should put their designers to work on some new and pine scented ideas. Popular existing IP's such as Bone and Sam & Max paved the way for original IP's. Don't get me wrong, though. I hope that Bone and Sam & Max continue. I'll also admit that Monkey Island would be nice, too, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • edited February 2008
    Has it been said whether these are new IP's or old or both?
  • edited February 2008
    tabacco wrote: »
    We did announce them! We just didn't say what they are :)

Damn, they're smarter than I expected :p Damn lovely bastards!!! :D
    Kedri wrote: »
    I note that this eager exclamation comes from someone who is an apparent Monkey Island fan... :p

My guess/hope...?

...huh. I haven't a clue.

Oh man, the more I read the "Monkey Island" words on the forum, the more I get excited! :D It's like a caffeine overdose, I mean, a big hug to ya all!!! Yay!!!!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    Before speculation starts running rampant, I'll go on record saying that both of the unannounced series are based on existing licenses. We really like working with licensed properties for various reasons (the built-in audience and brand recognition that comes with them being some), and I think we'll continue to do licensed games for the foreseeable future.

...and that's all I can say about that. Today, anyway. :D
  • edited February 2008
    I hope it's Grickle. Although I can't see that translating well into 3D... so I guess that's out.
  • edited February 2008
    ...and neither of the new licenses is Monkey Island. so stop asking :p
  • edited February 2008
    Are the licenses pretty well known to the general public? Or maybe just the folk that frequent this place? or maybe neither? Do they original from the comic world? Animal vegetable or mineral?
  • MelMel
    edited February 2008
    Threads like this turn everyone into 5 year old kids:

"What're the new games gonna be?" - Forum member/Telltale groupie/all around fanatic

"We can't tell you yet." - Telltale

"Ooookaaay" - Forum member/Telltale groupie/all around fanatic (pouting)

(30 second wait)

"Can you tell us know, huh, huh???" - Forum member/Telltale groupie/all around fanatic

:D

The above is posted with only great affection.
  • edited February 2008
    If the licenses were pieces of chocolate cake, would you eat them?
  • edited February 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Before speculation starts running rampant, I'll go on record saying that both of the unannounced series are based on existing licenses.
    So now may speculation run rampant? '-'
  • edited February 2008
    Just call Telltale the new lucasarts or should that be the old lucasarts.. anyway can't wait to find out what the new licenses are.. i'm still hoping for a rocko's modern life game.. can you tell us if the license is a tv show or a comic?
  • edited February 2008
    I smell a contest!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2008
    We can tell you nothing more than we have already.
  • edited February 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    We can tell you nothing more than we have already.

can you tell us when you might tell us more? :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.