Telltale expands, promising "two unannounced series"

12346»

Comments

• edited June 2008
    There is no better cartoon in my country unless you count takia kalam but I don't think you could make an animated series of it since it has politicians in it.The other cartoons are even worse.Plus they to like to make fun of the government.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uqD_snlfZQ&feature=related
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited June 2008
    Plus they to like to make fun of the government.

[monocle pops out] Scandalous!
  • edited June 2008
    Because Sam & Max *never* make fun of politics, right? *cough*
  • edited June 2008

no just no
  • edited June 2008
    Johnny Bravo is really funny.

One of my fave modern cartoons I must say.
  • edited June 2008
    One of my fave modern cartoons I must say.

Not-so-modern, they cancelled it, I believe.
  • edited June 2008
    Not-so-modern, they cancelled it, I believe.

When I say modern, I usually refer to the last decade of animation, mainly cos I'm heavily into the 50's-70's era of cartoons.
  • edited June 2008
    When I say modern, I usually refer to the last decade of animation, mainly cos I'm heavily into the 50's-70's era of cartoons.

Oh.Well, Jhonny Bravo was, and still a funny show.Especially when I think Jhonny got Thor's hammer and went to, um... was Valhalla or Asgard or where ever, were the Norse gods were?
  • edited July 2008
    rocky8800 wrote: »
    You experience, now that we have form of used to new Sam & Max games being issued on a regular basis and the initial fervors has kind of worn off, I think I am really starting to think that I have like to research a whole new story more than the refashions.

1-roll.png
  • edited July 2008
    I'm guessing that it's going to be based around one of the following...

A) Chowder
    B) The Simpsons
    C) Team Rocket

Yeah, I know my guesses are totally out there, but who knows?
  • edited July 2008
    You experience, now that we have form of used to new Sam & Max games being issued on a regular basis and the initial fervors has kind of worn off, I think I am really starting to think that I have like to research a whole new story more than the refashions.
    xChri5x wrote: »
    1-roll.png
    Must be an elaborate spam bot trying to use a statistical analysis to generate speech patterns similar enough to those of actual users. Too bad he's using his powers for spam rather than science, as this is one of the better implementations I've seen yet.
    An interesting read, at any rate. What we're looking at is a glimpse of the words and sentence structures we use most typically around here.
  • edited July 2008
    rocky8800 wrote: »

More than the refashion?!?!?! If that is true, then I will most definitely need a 100% new deposit bonus! Must play Poker!
  • edited July 2008
    Harald B wrote: »
    What we're looking at is a glimpse of the words and sentence structures we use most typically around here.

So it's next post should be "Monkey Island, monkey island: island monkey Ron Gilbert island telltale please to making monkeys island? Sam max strong bad; Trogdor island monkey."
  • edited July 2008
    I'm guessing that it's going to be based around one of the following...

A) Chowder
    B) The Simpsons
    C) Team Rocket

Yeah, I know my guesses are totally out there, but who knows?

I too want The Simpsons, but don't EA own that license?
  • edited July 2008
    I too want The Simpsons, but don't EA own that license?

Ah, yeah, forgot about that...
  • edited July 2008
    In the e-mail I just recieved from telltale (announcing the new Sam&Max DVD), at the bottom, under the sub-title "Also Making News..."
    There are two hyperlinks:

"Strong Bad" links to http://www.telltalegames.com/mail/45384104/strongbad

and "Mystery Town" which links to http://www.telltalegames.com/mail/45384104/mysterygame

A clue??
  • edited July 2008
    Looks more like a cruel, evil tease.

BUT.

I'm sure that while they distract us with their fancy new mystery game, they're doing the usual "growing company" thing. Oh sure, they're a nice small company at first. And then suddenly they're not talking to fans anymore, they only make Star Wars games, and they lay off entire teams that work on those Star Wars games!

THE NEW LUCASARTS INDEED. O_O
  • edited July 2008
    That link may go somewhere in the future :)

(and no, the game isn't the long rumored 'Legends of Mysterygame, Arctic Explorer')
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2008
    Looks more like a cruel, evil tease.

BUT.

I'm sure that while they distract us with their fancy new mystery game, they're doing the usual "growing company" thing. Oh sure, they're a nice small company at first. And then suddenly they're not talking to fans anymore, they only make Star Wars games, and they lay off entire teams that work on those Star Wars games!

THE NEW LUCASARTS INDEED. O_O

It's true, all of it!

Anyway, I'm going to get back to making a webpage about a short cartoon man with a wrestling mask for a face who is famous for answering emails.
  • edited July 2008
    Hey now, you've already abandoned Bone. Who knows what else you'll abandon as you roll ahead in your quest for riches and power!

I still haven't gotten around to buying the Bone games, though, so I guess I shouldn't care too much. =)
  • edited July 2008
    Heh. Chowder would be a nice game. As long as you get the visuals right. The art style is pretty much the best thing about Chowder. I also love the art style of the Misadventures of Flapjack. Are they done by the same studio? It seems like there are a lot of similarities.
  • edited July 2008
    A "The Office" game would be awesome. But I doubt that would ever happen.
  • edited July 2008
    Okay, okay, how's this:

Pinky and the Brain adventure game.
  • edited July 2008
    When is the new reveal going to be made? Is there a specific Telltale event sometime during the convention?
  • edited July 2008
    Saturday July 26
    11:30-12:30 PST
    "Sam & Max, Strong Bad, and the Secrets Behind Turning Comics into Games" Panel
    Room 4
    Comicon
  • jmmjmm
    edited July 2008
    Wallace & Gromit!
  • edited July 2008
    jmm wrote: »
    Wallace & Gromit!

Wooohoooo!!!
  • edited July 2008
    Telltale should do an episodic Doctor who game. It'd own.
  • edited July 2008
    as is said in my thread: a dr. zoidberg game!!
  • edited July 2008
    They should make a game based off something from Weebl's Stuff.I'd play a point-and-click of Magical Trevor, Prawn To Be Wild, etc...
  • edited August 2008

that would be the best thing to happen to the universe EVER!
    (except for SBCG4AP, of course!:D)
  • edited August 2008

officegame.jpg

It's been done and it's crap.
  • edited August 2008
    Well, that's suprising.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.