Telltale expands, promising "two unannounced series"

Comments

• edited April 2008
    I don't think a full blown homestar game would really work out. But who knows!
  • edited April 2008
    According to the latest Gamespot On The Spot, one of the two new franchises will be revealed next week, April 11th. At the Nintendo Media Summit I guess, which happens to be the same day. It's a WiiWare launch title, so the first episode should see release mid May if I remember correctly.
  • edited April 2008
    Petz: Horsez's 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2008
    wsippel wrote: »
    According to the latest Gamespot On The Spot, one of the two new franchises will be revealed next week, April 11th. At the Nintendo Media Summit I guess, which happens to be the same day. It's a WiiWare launch title, so the first episode should see release mid May if I remember correctly.
    Yay.
    And also, yay.
    Did I mention yay?
  • edited April 2008
    wsippel wrote: »

Yep..

Curious as to what Telltale Games' episodic adventure game series for WiiWare will be? You won't have to wait much longer to find out.

All will be unveiled at Nintendo's media summit in San Francisco next week, says Telltale Games CEO Dan Connors.

from wired.com
  • edited April 2008
    "I'm tempted to give you a cryptic hint," he said, "but our audience is so diligent in figuring stuff out, and the audience that we've licensed are diligent in figuring stuff out, that they would figure it out in a second if I gave you any inkling."

--that automatically makes me think Lost episodic adventure game for the Wii
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    A Lost game just came out!
  • edited April 2008
    Yeah I know.. Dan also said that more comedy would be coming out from telltale and if chuck and mike stemmle are working on this it has to be a comedy.. but what comedy out there has a very diligent fan base?
  • edited April 2008
    Woo! Flight of the Conchords episodic adventures!
  • edited April 2008
    Man, that would be pretty awesome, actually.
  • edited April 2008
    haha I'd love a flight of the conchords game.. that would be the mutha uckin shhhhh
  • edited April 2008
    I can picture the dialogue tree now...

- Who are you?
    - Bret
    - Brit?
    - Bret.
    - Brit?
  • edited April 2008
    The in-game musical numbers would kick-ass too.
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    Yeah I know.. Dan also said that more comedy would be coming out from telltale and if chuck and mike stemmle are working on this it has to be a comedy.. but what comedy out there has a very diligent fan base?
    Ann Coulter?
  • edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Ann Coulter?
    He said "comedy," not "tragedy" or "horror."
  • edited April 2008
    Chuck wrote: »
    He said "comedy," not "tragedy" or "horror."

When it comes to ol' A. Co (damn, I hate that "J. Lo" name trend), all three genres are intertwined.

Of course, I think our favorite Hilton sister would be a far more fitting subject anyway. :p
  • edited April 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    When it comes to ol' A. Co (damn, I hate that "J. Lo" name trend)

Why do you use it then? I'm intrigued. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2008
    Linque wrote: »
    Why do you use it then? I'm intrigued. :rolleyes:

A jab at tabloid culture.
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Ann Coulter?

In my wildest, psychotropic fungus-influenced moments, I could never ever write anything as amusingly pig-ignorant as the bilious meconium that emerges from the obsidian depths of what passes for Miss Coulter's, oh, let's be generous and call it a "soul."

Not that I haven't been accused of trying,
    Stemmle
  • edited April 2008
    Hah, as chance would have it, I happened to stumble upon a clip on CNN with this Ann Coulter character today - I almost cried. Only after Stemmle's post there I realized it's the same woman you're talking about. Sam & Max's insanity pales to comparison with this lady.
  • MelMel
    edited April 2008
    In my wildest, psychotropic fungus-influenced moments, I could never ever write anything as amusingly pig-ignorant as the bilious meconium that emerges from the obsidian depths of what passes for Miss Coulter's, oh, let's be generous and call it a "soul."

That is the best description I have ever read of her 'work.' :D
  • ttg_Stemmlettg_Stemmle Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    jp-30 wrote: »
    Woo! Flight of the Conchords episodic adventures!

Quick true tale about my last job:

A major challenge we faced was creating a way for players to maintain their bearings as they steered their starships across the vast empty expanses between planets. Eventually, it was all but decided that we would place blinking markers in space to establish "roads" in space.

These markers were known by the various Conchords fans on the team as...

(wait for it)

"Buoys in Space."

I'll say one thing about a possible FotC game: The dialog needs would be darned light.

Stemmle
  • langleylangley Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    I have a theory that Ann Coulter is the original Stephen Colbert... or a new Andy Kaufman. She's just REALLY deep undercover.

Mark my words, one day she will reveal herself and say, "Anyone who's ever listened to anything I've said or purchased one of my books is a massive idiot." And I will sleep soundly.
  • edited April 2008

"Buoys in Space."

That is the single greatest thing I've heard all day. Seriously.

Also reminds me of a classic line:

"Boy, you've got a buoy in your pants."

Ten points to the first person who knows where that's from.
  • edited April 2008
    ...the various Conchords fans on the team as...

(wait for it)

"Buoys in Space."

I'll say one thing about a possible FotC game: The dialog needs would be darned light.

Stemmle

Ha. Had to read it a couple of times. In NZ we pronounce Buoys as 'boys' not the US styled boo-ees.

But then we pronounce Bret Brit, so y'know...
  • edited April 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    "Boy, you've got a buoy in your pants."

Ten points to the first person who knows where that's from.
    Wasn't that from the Rocko's Modern Life episode where Rocko goes to the beach with Spunky, his dog?
  • edited April 2008
    Haggis wrote: »
    Wasn't that from the Rocko's Modern Life episode where Rocko goes to the beach with Spunky, his dog?

You win, sir! Have an internet! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Quick true tale about my last job:

haha! :D
  • edited April 2008
    Hero1 wrote: »
    "I'm tempted to give you a cryptic hint," he said, "but our audience is so diligent in figuring stuff out, and the audience that we've licensed are diligent in figuring stuff out, that they would figure it out in a second if I gave you any inkling."

I knew it! Telltale is developing the new "Ace Attorney" game!!
  • edited April 2008
    i know what they are working on.. they are making the cloverfield video game, they even have a few development shots of the game on the net... it looks awesome

2s7xsti.jpg

another screenshot here

i have too much time on my hands...
  • edited April 2008
    matan wrote: »
    I knew it! Telltale is developing the new "Ace Attorney" game!!

HOLD IT!!!

Just as I make my probably incredibly accurate prediction, news of a new "Ace Attorney" game start flooding the net:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/04/09/gyakuten-kenji-new-phoenix-wright-prequel-starring-edgeworth/

This is DEFINITELY the new game developed by Telltale games. The reasons for this surely being the telltale game are:

1) The quote of Dan Connors from earlier - Ace Attorney fans are great at figuring stuff out of course

2) Ace Attorney is a very funny franchise - which is exactly the second fact we know of Telltale's unannounced series

3) The game is perfect for episodic format - it is practically episodic already

4) According to the information about the new game, it will be a 3rd person point and click adventure - perfect for the Telltale Sam&Max's engine

There is of course one itty-bitty contradictions - it says it's developed for the DS, and all the screenshots are for the DS. But, of course it could be a mistake. Or maybe they are developing versions for both platforms!
  • edited April 2008
    I highly doubt it
  • edited April 2008
    Why I think you're probably most certainly wrong.

1) I think this can apply to almost any Adventure franchises, with some sort of fanbase.
    4) I) can't say for certain, but I most likely doubt that the telltale-tool can handle to do a full 2d game.

Wouldn't you prefer if this new game was to be made by the same people who did the rest?
    I know I would.
  • edited April 2008
    fajerkaos wrote: »
    Why I think you're probably most certainly wrong.

1) I think this can apply to almost any Adventure franchises, with some sort of fanbase.
    4) I) can't say for certain, but I most likely doubt that the telltale-tool can handle to do a full 2d game.

Wouldn't you prefer if this new game was to be made by the same people who did the rest?
    I know I would.

My last post was only a joke, of course - I'd also prefer the Ace Attorney games be done by the Ace Attorney people :)

But now telltale is going to have a hard time getting me more excited about their new game than about this one :D
  • edited April 2008
    Aah, my sense to detect irony, fails me once again :p
  • SegSeg
    edited April 2008
    matan wrote: »
    HOLD IT!!!

Just as I make my probably incredibly accurate prediction, news of a new "Ace Attorney" game start flooding the net:

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/04/09/gyakuten-kenji-new-phoenix-wright-prequel-starring-edgeworth/

This is DEFINITELY the new game developed by Telltale games.

y-edgeworth-tsk.gif
  • edited April 2008
    is this a yes or a no? :confused:
  • edited April 2008
    Generally that means no.
  • edited April 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Generally that means no.

Really?? From my Phoenix Wright experience, generally that means you are on the right track, but there are still a few contradicting pieces of evidence you'll have to explain before the judge would agree :p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2008
    We're not making an Ace Attorney game, or related spinoff.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.