Poker Night 3 - Fantasy Casting Thread

Comments

• edited April 2013
    Any video game that contained Karl Pilkington, I would have to buy. No questions asked.
  • edited April 2013
    No offence or anything but we already have 2 threads this could have gone in. There is the DLC Character ideas thread and the Poker Night 3 fantasy casting thread.

Anyway it would be cool to see The Spy as a character.
  • edited April 2013
    Oscar from Jurassic Park the Game
    Brock from Venture Bros
    Larry from the Walking Dead Game
    Who would win ?
    My bet is on Oscar .
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Are they playing poker or are they beating the shit out of each other? It's not really clear, you're posting in a Poker game sub-thread, but you're also listing very tough ass kicking machines.
  • edited April 2013
    Brock. Biased.
  • edited April 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Are they playing poker or are they beating the shit out of each other? It's not really clear, you're posting in a Poker game sub-thread, but you're also listing very tough ass kicking machines.

Beating the shit out of each other and i'm posting this in a Poker game sub-thread because well this is a crossover game so why not ?
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited April 2013
    Eh, whatever, I've seen threads more off topic.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Brock too, he's a badass and a total bro. He doesn't even need guns to rain carnage!
  • edited April 2013
    Any video game that contained Karl Pilkington, I would have to buy. No questions asked.

Hell. Yes.

Make it happen, Telltale! Poker Night 3!
  • edited April 2013
    I know that Poker night 2 just came out but I'm sure some other people already are hoping for in the next game.

Personally I'd love to see Lee from TWD, he would be a great straight man, and would probably play like Sam or Tyco, you could easily pair him up with Clem too.
    As a second character I'd love to see Bosco from Sam & Max in the spotlight, he could be an insane bluffer and his conversations would play off of Lee well.
    As a third character I'd like to see Carl from Aqua Team on Adult Swim, seeing how Poker Night 2 was able to get Brock it would be nice to see Carl and his hi-jinks.
    And as the last character I think a great fit would be Archer from the FX Archer series, I'm sure it's a stretch but I believe he would be able to play off everyone else really well and is an all around funny character.
  • HoboStewHoboStew Telltale Alumni
    edited April 2013
    PK3? Poker Knight 3?
  • edited April 2013
    The Poker Knight.

Winslow: "It cannot be denied, chaps. But some men... just want to watch the world fold."

[epic movie trailer]

Edit: Just playing, haha! I like your cast. :)
  • edited April 2013
    Would Angry Video Game Nerd be asking way too much?

Any group of 4 can happen after all...
  • edited April 2013
    Would Angry Video Game Nerd be asking way too much?

Any group of 4 can happen after all...

I think it would work, but he has fallen out of my favor quite a bit.
  • edited April 2013
    It would probably have to follow the base Angry Person(Heavy, Brock), Crazy person(Max, Claptrap), Heavy Bluffer(Strong bad, Ash), and the straight man(Tyco, Sam) that the last two games followed.
  • edited April 2013
    Beavis, Bill from L4D, Bosco and Frylock. Dealer Duke Nukem
  • edited April 2013
    It would probably have to follow the base Angry Person(Heavy, Brock), Crazy person(Max, Claptrap), Heavy Bluffer(Strong bad, Ash), and the straight man(Tyco, Sam) that the last two games followed.
  • edited April 2013
    As cool as I think Oscar is .. Brock would kick his ass... no question, no contest... Larry wouldn't have a chance against either of the other two.. they have so much combat experience.

As for if this is off topic or not... MEH... I like the topic.. LOL
  • edited April 2013
    Yeah.. total Winslow take over... It would still be called Poker Night 3.. but instead of poker it would just be a 6 hour cutscene of Winslow talking about maps...
  • edited April 2013
    Brock hands down. Larry can't even handle simple farmers.
  • edited April 2013
    Irishmile wrote: »
    Yeah.. total Winslow take over... It would still be called Poker Night 3.. but instead of poker it would just be a 6 hour cutscene of Winslow talking about maps...

Still better than The Host. *shrug*
  • edited April 2013
    Oh boy. Now we have FOUR of these threads.

In any case, everyone unanimously agrees that Archer should be in it.
  • edited April 2013
    Only under the condition that his mother makes a cameo appearance.
  • edited April 2013
    Ryu-Chan wrote: »
    Oh boy. Now we have FOUR of these threads.

In any case, everyone unanimously agrees that Archer should be in it.
    Not any more, we don't!

Really should have kept a better eye on that. Oops.

And since I know I posted it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it, I'll repost it now:

Sam Fisher
    Nathan Drake
    Lara Croft
    Guybrush Threepwood

...with Duke Nukem as the dealer.
  • edited May 2013
    Here is something that a lot of posts forget: The characters need to be hilarious. Some people have suggested Clementine(The Walking Dead). She is a good character but you would not want to hear her talk about losing her family in a poker game. You also need people from the four branches of media: TV, Film, Comics, Video Game. This is something that Claptrap brought up. So here is my list.

Bender(Futurama)/TV
    Wheatley(Portal 2)/Video Games
    Dr. Brown(Back to the Future)/Film
    Invincible(Invincible comic series from Image comics)/Comics

All of these characters are funny. You can easily get the rights for the last three. Bender maybe more difficult since Futurama was recently cancelled again.
  • edited May 2013
    Characters don't HAVE to be funny on their own merits, they just need to have personalities that mesh to form hilarious results, see Ash, who barely is a funny character in his own right, but with characters like Max and Claptrap to counter his cool guy demeanor, it's hilarious.

Also, since usually there's a Valve-game character in every Poker Night game, I'd like to see a Left 4 Dead character in the next game, maybe Ellis, since there has yet to be a country bumpkin-type character.

In terms of other characters, I think both Sam & Max at the same time as one player would be funny in its own way, sort of a "Sam & Max MUST BE IN THE GAME" thing.

Then there's the other two characters. Honestly, I don't think my tastes are varied enough to decide on two characters that'd be good candidates, though perhaps Pickles or another character from Metalocalypse (because TF2-Adult Swim deal) might be interesting.

Oh yeah, there is that almost dead game SMNC, which has a lot of good characters for a Poker game, such as Karl.
  • edited May 2013
    Bender/Fry (Futurama)
    Doc (BTTF)
    The Mask
    The Spy
    Dealer: Wheatley

An idea for some dialogue.

Bender:Hey what the crap are you doing buddy?!
    Doc:I'm curious, when were you built,what are your specs?
    Bender:I'm a bending unit!
    Doc:Maybe i could take you apart? See how you are built?
    Bender:What!? You can bite my shiny metal ass! You are not taking me apart!

An idea for a intro
    (The Player walks into the inventory and sees Brock)
    Brock:Hey again buddy, as you can see i had to teach the guy who beat me in Poker a lesson. Sorry buddy you are not in my game tonight, I think you are down the hall a bit.
    (Winslow walks out of the door)
    Winslow:Ah hello again, Another night at the Inventory eh? You've become a regular here my friend. If you follow me i will show you to your table.
    (Winslow walks the player to the table where Doc has already taken his seat and is playing around with an invention)
    Doc:Oh hello there, i was just working on my latest invention,It is my mind reading helmet 2.0.
    Winslow:Sorry Mr.Brown no mind reading helmets are allowed in game.
    (The Spy suddenly turns visible and walks up to the table)
    The Spy:Ah more players, please take a seat gentlemen.
    (Suddenly a small green tornado is seen and The Mask comes out of it and takes his seat)
    The Mask:A game of poker? Somebody stop me!
    (Suddenly Bender smashes through the roof after a failed teleporter invention The Professor wanted Bender to test)
    Bender:I'm back baby! Let's get this game started!
    GLaDOS:I can't be your dealer tonight as i am doing dealer for Brock and the others but just for a special test to see the effects of overexposed annoyance so Weatley will be your dealer tonight...have fun.
    Weatley:Oh hello! So are we playing cards are we?

Bounty ideas:
    Bender:Fry's jacket he took from Fry (Unlocks: TF2-Bender's eyes as goggles, The top of Bender's head has a Hat (All classes). Bolderlands 2-Bender mask)
    Doc:Mind Reading Helmet (Unlocks: TF2-Doc hair wig (All classes), Skateboard Melee weapon (All classes except Spy), Bolderlands 2-Mind reading helmet)
    The Mask-An Fake Mask (Unlocks:TF2-(For The Spy) A yellow suit, A green Mask. (ForAll classes) A yellow hat, Bolderlands 2-The Mask
    The Spy:Disguise Kit (Unlocks-Ski mask for All classes except Spy, Agent Spy-Gives The Spy sunglasses and a black suit, Bolderlands 2:Ski Mask)
    Wheatley:One of the Cube/Turret things from Portal 2, (Unlocks:TF2-Ap-Sap,Wheatley mask, Bolderlands 2-Wheatley mask)
  • edited May 2013
    We need Dan from Dan Vs. in Poker Night 3. He'd be a PERFECT fit, no joke.
  • edited May 2013
    I made an account just to find this thread or some way to make such a suggestion, an obscure, little known one that unsurprisingly has not been brought to light yet.

Hoagie. From Day of the Tentacle.

And on that topic, Telltale, please buy the rights and bring back this great adventure, much as you revived the doomed Sam & Max.
  • edited May 2013
    Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
    Little Sister (BioShock)
    Harvey Birdman (Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law)
    Juliet Starling (Lollipop Chainsaw)

Yes, that'll do nicely.
  • edited May 2013
    I really think that Guybrush Threepwood, Razputin, Bender and Dave Lister would be a pretty neat combination. On a default game, we'll have a dealer from a fifth IP (who it will be I don't really know yet). But for the respective poker set unlocks, the dealers would be: Winslow (for a Monkey Island set), Sasha Nein (for a Psychonauts set), Hermes/Farnsworth (for a Futurama set) and Holly (for a Red Dwarf set).

At least I think this would work out...
  • edited May 2013
    Carl from Aqua Teen is a must!
  • edited May 2013
    space ghost SPACE GHOST
  • edited May 2013
    crfh wrote: »
    space ghost SPACE GHOST

These citizens aren't getting enough oxygen if they think otherwise, that's for sure.
  • edited May 2013
    Hank Hill.
  • edited May 2013
    Carl from Aqua Teen is a must!

Carl would be great, but I feel like either Shake or Meatwad has to be there with him giving her terrible advice to really get him angry.
  • edited May 2013
    Registered an account just to post this:

Hoagie from Day of the Tentacle. Danny Delk is still doing VO work, and he recently worked with Telltale in their Monkey Island reboot, reprising his role as Murray the Skull. Hoagie would make for some great table banter, and they already have worked with the voice actor. It makes so much sense... I hope it's within the realm of possibility.
  • edited May 2013
    Registered an account just to post this:

Hoagie from Day of the Tentacle. Danny Delk is still doing VO work, and he recently worked with Telltale in their Monkey Island reboot, reprising his role as Murray the Skull. Hoagie would make for some great table banter, and they already have worked with the voice actor. It makes so much sense... I hope it's within the realm of possibility.
  • edited May 2013
    There selection will probably as random as the one for the pass games. Anyways I hope they bring in characters from Monkey Island series. Maybe Wallace or Gromit too. Don't be surprised they also bring someone from the Walking Dead series.

As for the Valve side Imagine the G-Man from Half Life at the table...... what a poker face that would be!
  • edited May 2013
    Hank Hill.

Really?

And lets put Homer Simpson next to him with Peter Griffin.
  • edited May 2013
    Kainchild wrote: »
    Really?

And lets put Homer Simpson next to him with Peter Griffin.

Naw man, those guys are all laughs and no brains.

Hank would be some Texas charm to the table, and be pretty good at poker too.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.