Release date info/discussion

Comments

• edited July 2013
    Do we have any estimates for a possible release date? How long does Telltale usually take between announcing a game (the Game Informer article), and releasing it?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Fabrimuch wrote: »
    Do we have any estimates for a possible release date?
    Just Summer 2013. So that can be anytime between now and September 22.
    Fabrimuch wrote: »
    How long does Telltale usually take between announcing a game (the Game Informer article), and releasing it?
    It really varies. Sometimes they announce a game and release it a few months later, sometimes it's years later.

In this case, it was first announced in 2011 without any release date, so we know at least that it's coming soon since it's been in development for a while, has a general release date, and screenshots have been released.
  • edited July 2013
    If anyone who watches this forum is in/near Boston, Bill (the author of the series) will be at Boston-con this weekend.

There is panel on Saturday at 4:00-4:45pm – Fables Panel with Phil Jimenez, Bill, Barry Kitson and Chrissie Zullo in the Waterfront Room.

While I highly doubt he will make any announcements for the game, you never know.
  • edited August 2013
    holisk wrote: »
    If anyone who watches this forum is in/near Boston, Bill (the author of the series) will be at Boston-con this weekend.

There is panel on Saturday at 4:00-4:45pm – Fables Panel with Phil Jimenez, Bill, Barry Kitson and Chrissie Zullo in the Waterfront Room.

While I highly doubt he will make any announcements for the game, you never know.

Any information would be welcome.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    With no Telltale guys around, it's kind of a given that this will not be the day. :(
  • edited August 2013
    With no Telltale guys around, it's kind of a given that this will not be the day. :(

At this point I'm starting to have my doubts this game is even coming out. Yes, it's had screenshots and magazine coverage, but that's not a guarantee. So did Starcraft Ghost. (Hell, Game Informer even gave Telltale's King's Quest a write-up.)

I really, really hate what The Walking Dead has done to Telltale. Yes, it was great, but it wasn't good enough to completely disown everything else you've ever done or planned to do. There's a reason I haven't been posting much lately.
  • edited August 2013
    I know what you mean, I mean Walking Dead was amazing, but after 45 million dollars in sales I think they are safe for quite sometime, after season 2 I hope they do stuff like make Sam and Max 4 and maybe make a new game series and then do a season 3 of WD.
  • edited August 2013
    Well it's pretty clear where Telltale's focus lies these days :o
  • edited August 2013
    They're probably going to drop it on us when we least expect it.
  • edited August 2013
    I do not believe that, the Wolf Among Us is much farther into development then Kings Quest, just give it sometime, if Season 2 of Walking Dead comes before it, then start worrying.
  • edited August 2013
    At this point I'm starting to have my doubts this game is even coming out.

It sure would be nice if someone from Telltale came in and posted something like, "Chill out, guys. The game's still coming out." It would be even nicer to have the summer window confirmed (or denied).

I think that the game is still coming out, but I thought the same about King's Quest right up until Telltale said it was cancelled. My doubts are getting louder the longer Telltale stays silent.
  • edited August 2013
    If we hear nothing past October then I will believe that its gone, and that would mean they will be doing two games at the sametime, something I would like to see.
  • edited August 2013
    I will be really disappointed if they cancel this title. It would be nice to hear something to ease our minds even if its only, the game is still coming out. We dont know when but it will.
  • edited August 2013
    If we hear nothing past October then I will believe that its gone, and that would mean they will be doing two games at the sametime, something I would like to see.

That could be a disaster if they had technical issues or release date delays like they had with season 1 of the walking dead.. if the same thing was happening on two games at the same time.. i'd hate to imagine the vitriol leveled at telltale during that time.. they seem short staffed on customer relations/web support.. so I'm not sure they could handle simultaneous releases..
  • edited August 2013
    PAX Prime schedule is up and guess who's not there. Well, at least Telltale won't be there to do yet another post-mortem on The Walking Dead.
    edited August 2013
    PAX Prime schedule is up and guess who's not there. Well, at least Telltale won't be there to do yet another post-mortem on The Walking Dead.

I see Jake Rodkin on the panel "Does Story Matter in Games?". Heck, that's a prime opportunity for a Walking Dead post mortem, isn't it? :D

Then there's Gary Whitta in the panel "All You Zombies: Why the Genre Still Holds Our Attention"... but no worries, I am sure he'll talk nothing but The Wolf Among Us. :o

So, yeah, Telltale will be at PAX Prime. But it's still a rather long while, news about TWaU will have surfaced in the tree+ weeks leading up to the event. No, seriously.
  • edited August 2013
    Well that's always good to get news.
  • edited August 2013
    I think it would be fairly obvious that there is something happening with "TWAU" that Telltale are either unwilling, or unable to comment on - but if anyone honestly believes this is going to meet the release target of "Summer" they should feel a bit silly....

No updates on the Facebook page since May, no coverage on the Twitter account (not that it is anything other than RT's usually), the Blog - Devs / Staff commenting continuously in the "Walking Dead" forums but radio silence here?

My bet is there is some legal issues in the background that have stalled this big time.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2013

We will be at PAX Prime with what is shaping up to be a pretty awesome looking booth!
  • harringtonvoharringtonvo Verified
    edited August 2013
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    We will be at PAX Prime with what is shaping up to be a pretty awesome looking booth!

Awesome! I might be up there with League of Legends, so I'll have to come hang out at the TT booth for a while (and since I actually KNOW a lot of you, I may end up staying 'til you boot me out. I'll have Mama cook up some vittles fer y'all). ;)
  • edited August 2013
    You should get Meybelle there to, would be the perfect picture.
  • edited August 2013

A Fables booth?
  • edited August 2013
    Well that would be just swell.
    edited August 2013
    A Fables booth?

Yes. :)
  • edited August 2013

It's happening, everyone. :D
  • edited August 2013

Am I dreaming? Please dont tease me.
  • edited August 2013
    Yes, thanks Telltale for pulling though for us, thanks Puzzle for the news.
    edited August 2013
    Technically, when PAX ends, Telltale has less than three weeks left to release the first episode to still make it a summer release... ;)

So, what the heck, I'll just ask: Is the EP1 release date fixed? :)
  • edited August 2013
    Technically, when PAX ends, Telltale has less than three weeks left to release the first episode to still make it a summer release... ;)

They'll surprise us and release episode 1 before PAX so that PAX will be all about episode 2! :eek:
  • edited August 2013

Yessssss
  • edited August 2013
    Always great to hear, I am going to set my calender now for Pax and the news we have been waiting for.
  • edited August 2013
    For more reassurance!

Telltale's Twitter display icon always changes to indicate their focus on one of their games, I don't remember when that started particularly, but it was recently changed from the Walking Dead theme to ... FABLES!
  • edited August 2013
    I'm going to believe it when I see it. Remember, they SAID they were going full force into TWAU at E3, and then bumped it from the schedule at the last minute to make room for 400 Days.
    edited August 2013
    5abanja wrote: »
    For more reassurance!

Telltale's Twitter display icon always changes to indicate their focus on one of their games, I don't remember when that started particularly, but it was recently changed from the Walking Dead theme to ... FABLES!

Are you sure that's not just a zombiefied Clementine?

Just kidding. :D
    edited August 2013

As ever... you'll know the release dates as soon as we have 'em set!
    Always great to hear, I am going to set my calender now for Pax and the news we have been waiting for.

I don't think you'll have to wait that long for something new. ;)

OMG EXCITE
  • edited August 2013

I don't think you'll have to wait that long for something new. ;)

OMG EXCITE

It's coming, people!!!!!
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2013
    It's coming, people!!!!!
    Hopefully it's coming pretty soon. I'm itching to change my forum title. ;)
  • edited August 2013
  • edited August 2013
    Arsun97 wrote: »

I love the hard blending of the colours. Look how the shirt perfectly changes colour when the cigarette is lit, it really resembles ink/watercolour. The most impressing Cel Shading ever seen on a videogame IMHO.

Let's hope for the animations quality.
    And for multilanguage. :P

(Question: is the tie animated manually or has TT added a little physics routine on their engine?)
    edited August 2013
    As ever... you'll know the release dates as soon as we have 'em set!

The release date of episode 1 of any given Season, however, has the chance to emerge more than a week, nay, possibly even a month before it actually is out! :p
Sign in to comment in this discussion.