Release date info/discussion

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Arsun97 wrote: »

Damn, that is some good cell shading, I hope other Telltale games uses that.
  • edited August 2013

It was sad seeing most of the replies thought it was a teaser for The Walking Dead. *sigh*
  • edited August 2013
    Please, get better testers for the spanish translation (if there is one!).
  • edited August 2013
    Maybe, I love the Walking Dead in all but I am happy they have now moved on to talking about Wolf Among Us, season 2 will be here soon enough as it is.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013

Oh damn, it's not showing anything for me. :(
  • edited August 2013
    Oh damn, it's not showing anything for me. :(
    Google Chrome solved for me.
  • edited August 2013

Wow! Not the biggest fan of Bigby, but I'm really liking how Telltale designed his character.
  • edited August 2013
    I know, it's so colorful, I love the art style even more now, I hope it gets used on stuff like Sam and Max season 4 and Walking Dead season 2.
  • edited August 2013
    TellTale posted a vine video with the caption:
    "You think my job is easy?"

It showed a man wearing a tie lighting a cigarette, his face wasn't shown but obviously it's the wolf.

Check it out on their Vine account!
  • edited August 2013
    They did the same thing for 400 Days, so it's coming real soon.
  • edited August 2013
    Just saw the vine! It must be coming soon! The physics are very good with the tie swing around lol hopefully more physics like that will be in their future games like WD season 2!!!
  • edited August 2013
    I love the hard blending of the colours. Look how the shirt perfectly changes colour when the cigarette is lit, it really resembles ink/watercolour. The most impressing Cel Shading ever seen on a videogame IMHO.

Let's hope for the animations quality.
    And for multilanguage. :P

(Question: is the tie animated manually or has TT added a little physics routine on their engine?)

Yes the physics and graphics are amazing! Good work TellTale!
  • edited August 2013
    We're so close!!! Hope it releases before the September!!!
  • edited August 2013
    Before Walking Dead, conflicting release dates could and more then likely will become a problem.
  • edited August 2013
    Im just so happy that we are finally getting news. You guys really had me worried for a while there.
  • edited August 2013
    And so no one else has to look up the URL: https://vine.co/v/hhLEJOUz62q

EDIT: (OK, so it's in a another thread, but now it's in this one, too!)
  • edited August 2013
    WarpSpeed wrote: »
    And so no one else has to look up the URL: https://vine.co/v/hhLEJOUz62q

EDIT: (OK, so it's in a another thread, but now it's in this one, too!)

Hahaha
  • edited August 2013
    Awesome. Now to go back to lurking on the Journeyman Project Facebook page for any launch details on that.
  • edited August 2013
    I would love to play this game, but I have seriously yet to play TWD without getting major bugs like choices not transferring and weird shadows. And even with the support forum it hasn't helped.

Maybe I'm just venting my anger here instead of writing something of any value but I have some serioust trust issues now. I know that there's an amazing game behind all this but for some damn reason either my computer refuses to work with it properly, or the mac version is somehow busted.
  • edited August 2013
    Awesome!
  • edited August 2013
    I would love to play this game, but I have seriously yet to play TWD without getting major bugs like choices not transferring and weird shadows. And even with the support forum it hasn't helped.

Maybe I'm just venting my anger here instead of writing something of any value but I have some serioust trust issues now. I know that there's an amazing game behind all this but for some damn reason either my computer refuses to work with it properly, or the mac version is somehow busted.

No offense but Macs are not great for playing any kinds of games, they're not made to do it, even low end games
  • edited August 2013
    Now to go back to lurking on the Journeyman Project Facebook page for any launch details on that.

Wait, what's this now?
  • edited August 2013
    No offense but Macs are not great for playing any kinds of games, they're not made to do it, even low end games

None taken. Blizzard and other companies make games that work fine though, but I understand that it must be harder to develop for or something, because this game is a hassle to get to work.
  • edited August 2013
    And they are a small company so that is a reason, but they promised that Wolf Among Us and Season 2 will be less buggy.
  • edited August 2013
    magodesky wrote: »
    Wait, what's this now?

Presto is bringing the remake of the original Journeyman Project game to Windows and OSX, but they became tight-lipped once they unveiled the final, boxed copy two months back.
  • edited August 2013
    Well colour me surprised.

Very excited to finally see some movement (literally) on this...
  • edited August 2013
    So if the first chance to play it will be at Pax during labor day weekend can we tentatively expect the first episode the first or second week of September?
  • edited August 2013
    Well they did say summer, so I am expecting it to be soon after PAX.
  • edited August 2013
    I'd say it might appear around the middle/end of September.
  • edited August 2013
    It will be out in September. As the official blog says, the game will be premiered at Pax Prime (30/8 - 2/9) so no chance for August. Since the game will be released in summer, it must be out before the end of September.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited August 2013
    It will be out in september. As the official blog says, the game will be premiered at Pax Prime (30/8 - 2/9) so no chanche for August. Since the game will be released insummer, it must me out before the end of september.

Isn't Telltale based in the states? September shouldn't be considered a summer month.
  • edited August 2013
    While summer is more or less considered to fall between June and August in the states, the technical end of summer is September 22nd.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited August 2013
    I kinda feel like a game development company would go by the basic classification of seasons. Though, technicalities do let them get off the hook from the whole summer release bit.
  • edited August 2013

This has to be one of the single most ridiculous statements I have ever seen in regards to computing before and it shows you either have no understanding of computers in general or just have some sort of bias against Mac's. Mac's are just as capable of playing games as any other computer. Even back in the day there were game companies out there that programmed for the Mac and ported over to PC at a later date. Bungie and Spiderweb Software are 2 examples.

The reason why you see bugs more often in Mac's isn't because Mac's aren't suited to play games, its because most of the big games were originally made for PC and wound up getting ported over to Mac's. You get a lot of bugs when you port games over to different platforms. It takes a LOT of debugging and programming to do it right. There are literally hundreds of games being released annually now that are getting proper native Mac version's and they run just as good as any PC version. You can even boot up a Mac in Windows now so technically every Mac out there today is also a PC and its not an emulation like Parallels Desktop.

I have been a Mac user since Apple released the Macintosh back in 1984 and have been running PC's and Mac's side by side for the last 15 years. I have played games made natively on Mac's, games ported to Mac, PC games on my Mac using Bootcamp/Windows, PC games on my Mac using emulation tools like Parallels, and have even played PC games on my Mac using the newer tools like Wineskin. Mac is just as capable a machine at playing games as any PC is. Again to suggest otherwise only shows that you have no understanding of computers and the computer programming languages and tools used for game creation. The only difference between PC's and Mac's, in regards to games, is that PC's have held the vast majority of market share the last 29 years running so the vast majority of games that got made, got made for PC. If there was a Mac version, chances are it was ported over to the Mac, using the PC version. Macsoft is one of the main companies that ported windows games over to Mac the last 20 years. Again, you get lots of bugs when you port games from platform to platform.

Thankfully, Mac has gained a LOT of ground the last 10 years in regards to market share and as a result, your now seeing FAR more native mac games than ever before. Even Steam and GOG.com now have Mac sections. Again, Mac's are just as capable of playing games as any other computer on the market. Not sure how you think games are made or why you think Mac's aren't great at playing games but you couldn't possible be more wrong if you tried. Don't get me wrong, Mac's are definitely inferior gaming machines but its not because they can't do it or weren't designed to do it. Its simply because PC's have a MUCH larger selection of games and I already explained why that is. Had the tables been turned, and Mac's held the vast majority of market share the last 29 years, you would see the exact opposite of what you see today, in that the vast majority of games would be available on Mac's and not PC's.
  • edited August 2013
    I think they will use PAX as their final promotion and release it shortly afterwards.
  • edited August 2013
    This has to be one of the single most ridiculous statements I have ever seen in regards to computing before and it shows you either have no understanding of computers in general or just have some sort of bias against Mac's. Mac's are just as capable of playing games as any other computer. Even back in the day there were game companies out there that programmed for the Mac and ported over to PC at a later date. Bungie and Spiderweb Software are 2 examples.

The reason why you see bugs more often in Mac's isn't because Mac's aren't suited to play games, its because most of the big games were originally made for PC and wound up getting ported over to Mac's. You get a lot of bugs when you port games over to different platforms. It takes a LOT of debugging and programming to do it right. There are literally hundreds of games being released annually now that are getting proper native Mac version's and they run just as good as any PC version. You can even boot up a Mac in Windows now so technically every Mac out there today is also a PC and its not an emulation like Parallels Desktop.

I have been a Mac user since Apple released the Macintosh back in 1984 and have been running PC's and Mac's side by side for the last 15 years. I have played games made natively on Mac's, games ported to Mac, PC games on my Mac using Bootcamp/Windows, PC games on my Mac using emulation tools like Parallels, and have even played PC games on my Mac using the newer tools like Wineskin. Mac is just as capable a machine at playing games as any PC is. Again to suggest otherwise only shows that you have no understanding of computers and the computer programming languages and tools used for game creation. The only difference between PC's and Mac's, in regards to games, is that PC's have held the vast majority of market share the last 29 years running so the vast majority of games that got made, got made for PC. If there was a Mac version, chances are it was ported over to the Mac, using the PC version. Macsoft is one of the main companies that ported windows games over to Mac the last 20 years. Again, you get lots of bugs when you port games from platform to platform.

Thankfully, Mac has gained a LOT of ground the last 10 years in regards to market share and as a result, your now seeing FAR more native mac games than ever before. Even Steam and GOG.com now have Mac sections. Again, Mac's are just as capable of playing games as any other computer on the market. Not sure how you think games are made or why you think Mac's aren't great at playing games but you couldn't possible be more wrong if you tried. Don't get me wrong, Mac's are definitely inferior gaming machines but its not because they can't do it or weren't designed to do it. Its simply because PC's have a MUCH larger selection of games and I already explained why that is. Had the tables been turned, and Mac's held the vast majority of market share the last 29 years, you would see the exact opposite of what you see today, in that the vast majority of games would be available on Mac's and not PC's.

Sorry, bro :eek:
  • edited August 2013
    So, bad news. All the gamings news sites appear to be in unison. The game has been delayed until early fall.
  • edited August 2013
    So, bad news. All the gamings news sites appear to be in unison. The game has been delayed until early fall.
    Oh, great, more zombies *rolls eyes*.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Gothique wrote: »
    Oh, great, more zombies *rolls eyes*.

Don't worry. The Wolf among Us comes first. Whether that means that Season 2 of TWD will ALSO be delayed, we can't yet know.
  • edited August 2013
    They also said Walking Dead is fall, so my guess is they delayed season 2 by a month, which is good, the more polish the better.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.