Release date info/discussion

124»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Ah, TWAU is definitely coming before S2? So they are both pushed back pretty much?
  • edited August 2013
    They are most likely been pushed back, but then they will be better games anyway, I can't complain.
  • VainamoinenVainamoinen Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Dildor wrote: »
    Ah, TWAU is definitely coming before S2? So they are both pushed back pretty much?

The way it's reported right now, TWAU will miss its "summer" release only by weeks. Nonetheless, there's a reason why this information is divulged indirectly through online gamezines - yet no official press release speaks of it. Nothing is certain-certain yet, it seems.

Season 2 of The Walking Dead, well, the last info was that proof of simultaneous game releases is "in the pudding" for Telltale. Technically, it's still a case of 'wait and see'. I personally have strong doubts about TWD Season 2 this year, but all things considered, we really can't yet know.
  • edited August 2013
    Thanks for the response Vain. :) Even getting pushed back a little, it seems like it's coming pretty damn soon.
    I'm so excited, it will be a breath of fresh air from the walking dead.
    I do hope they take their time with S2 too, the fact that Clementine was almost scrapped a week before it's release is really scary, so this extra time will no doubt benefit the game, and who knows what they will do with it.
  • edited August 2013
    How big is the chance that TWAU will release on Next Gen platforms?
  • JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited August 2013
    Bandai wrote: »
    How big is the chance that TWAU will release on Next Gen platforms?
    Nothing's been said yet, but I wouldn't rule it out. One of Telltale's main philosophies has always been releasing their games on as many platforms as possible.
  • Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2013
    For what it's worth, Telltale was one of the announced developers at one of the earlier PS4 presentations who were said to have offered support.
    edited August 2013
    Yes, but at the time the TWaU Season starts, none of the next gen consoles will even be available. If they put the game on PS4N (or whatever it's called ;) ), it will be after the original release. I rather believe that Season 2 of The Walking Dead will be the first 'actual' PS4 release.
    edited August 2013
    I thought that was implied by what I said, but yeah Wolf Among Us will probably get the whole season released at once down the line. Safest bet would be not to wait for a next gen release if you want the game sooner.
  • edited August 2013
    Well if they decide o release TWAU and TWD at the same time and stick to their monthly schedule as one preview suggested, this could be pretty fantastic. We could get a new Telltale chapter every two weeks or so for the next 5 months.

Probably just a pipedream but a good one nonetheless.
    edited August 2013
    Well if they decide o release TWAU and TWD at the same time and stick to their monthly schedule as one preview suggested, this could be pretty fantastic. We could get a new Telltale chapter every two weeks or so for the next 5 months.

Probably just a pipedream but a good one nonetheless.

Not the way it works, also. Not that they really NEED to, but I'd assume Telltale would still want to advertise The Walking Dead Season 2 for a few months before they release episode 1. :)

(Seriously, it wouldn't be a Walking Dead Season without the following repeated conversation: "What's that I hear about eight episodes?" - "No, no, no, that's just the advertorial video series!!" - "AHhhh bull.")
  • edited August 2013
    I thought that was implied by what I said, but yeah Wolf Among Us will probably get the whole season released at once down the line. Safest bet would be not to wait for a next gen release if you want the game sooner.

Not their style.They usually use go with episodic release scheldule.
    edited August 2013
    Gothique wrote: »
    Not their style.They usually use go with episodic release scheldule.
    Blind Sniper was referring to any future releases planned outside of the ones already announced.

If The Walking Dead does release on PlayStation 4 (or any other system other than PC, Mac, Xbox 360, or PlayStation 3... except possibly iOS if Telltale decides to release it on that platform since they tend to release games episodically for iOS even if the episodes have already been out elsewhere), the full season indeed probably will be released all at once after the season is over for the already announced platforms, as has happened with The Walking Dead and 400 Days on the PlayStation Vita.
  • edited August 2013
    telltale twetted out that they will be confirming release dates very soon wich hopefully means just a couple more weeks before it releases since telltale usualy tell us the release dates very close to when the game actually comes out
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited September 2013
    Wish they would just say it, I hate these marketing games. I know, I know, it helps in the long run, but I still hate them.
    edited September 2013
    Profanity wrote: »
    Wish they would just say it, I hate these marketing games. I know, I know, it helps in the long run, but I still hate them.
    It's not a marketing game in this case. They have to deal with the digital distribution platforms on consoles which means that they have to go through hoops with them. Telltale won't even know when the game's going to come out themselves until they hear back from them.

You'd think that Sony and Microsoft would just let the developers set the dates like Steam and iTunes do, but they're still stuck in the old physical medium mindset. Hopefully that'll change in a console generation or two once they continue to realize that the old mindset is hurting their bottom line.
    edited September 2013
    In addition to what Jennifer said, you have to keep in mind Telltale works on a quick schedule due to their episodic production. Even if they spread different parts of the team so that not all people work on one episode at once, they still have to work quick and likely don't find out about release dates themselves until a short time before release.
  • ProfanityProfanity Banned
    edited September 2013
    Jennifer wrote: »
    You'd think that Sony and Microsoft would just let the developers set the dates like Steam and iTunes do, but they're still stuck in the old physical medium mindset. Hopefully that'll change in a console generation or two once they continue to realize that the old mindset is hurting their bottom line.

They'll keep doing that as long as the developers keep bending over.
  • edited September 2013
    Does Seadon 2 of WD release before or after TWAU?
    edited September 2013
    After.
  • edited September 2013
    After.

Sounds good
    edited September 2013
    Omid wrote: »
    Sounds good

I'll say! :o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.