"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Recently had a Thought about that Marvels Civil War Event would have a great Potential for the Telltale Concept. You're a Newcomer between the Main Heroes and have to choose between Cap and Iron Man's Side. At some Point you may have to go Undercover for a Side and then getting confronted with different Sight of Things etc.

• Which game would you like Telltale to make: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sherlock or True Detective? Which game would you prefer and why?

• They need to make back to the future season 2 or a star wars game

• All of them! But mostly Breaking Bad that would be beyond awesome

Which game would you like Telltale to make: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sherlock or True Detective? Which game would you prefer and why?

• Yeah I agree out of all of those Breaking Bad would be the best. Some people think it won't be good but I believe that if any company can make a Breaking Bad game, it should be Telltale. They are truly brilliant.

AlOsman47 posted: »

All of them! But mostly Breaking Bad that would be beyond awesome

• and me !!!!!!!!!!!

AusZombie posted: »

You and me both brother.

• bttf season 2 'seconded'

and probably 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th if other posted it before :P

Jewfreeus posted: »

They need to make back to the future season 2 or a star wars game

• JenniferJennifer Moderator
    edited April 2014

Christopher Lloyd did say that he's returning to voice Doc Brown in more Back to the Future games by Telltale, so I'm optimistic it will happen.

If Telltale still is interested in making more Back to the Future seasons, they'll probably release season two in 2015. You couldn't get a better release year for Back to the Future than that. :)

bttf season 2 'seconded' and probably 3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th if other posted it before :P

• i dunno if they could do it with having borderlands and game/thrones to do next year :P

unless they actually have been doing it in secret and just kept it under wraps.

Jennifer posted: »

Christopher Lloyd did say that he's returning to voice Doc Brown in more Back to the Future games by Telltale, so I'm optimistic it will hap

• Breaking bad would be freaking awesome!

Which game would you like Telltale to make: Breaking Bad, Dexter, Sherlock or True Detective? Which game would you prefer and why?

• it would be interesting the tv series was awesome

ulop22 posted: »

Breaking bad would be freaking awesome!

• ConkerConker Banned
    edited April 2014

Alt text

Breaking Bad all the way! I hope we get it early 2015

• cos i love conker have a like :)

Conker posted: »

Breaking Bad all the way! I hope we get it early 2015

• Breaking Bad or True Detective. Since "Better Call Saul" is going to be a prequel, maybe TTG could do a sequel following Jesse? Then again... True Detective is already almost set up like a TTG Game.

• edited April 2014

Since I finished Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two, I'm more convinced than ever that TTG should create a Bioshock game following different characters and their stories in Rapture. It makes perfect since now that most everything had been cleared up about the main story(with the exception of the end of Bioshock 2), so since it's such a popular story and narrative based game, why not follow new characters in either Rapture or Columbia.

I nominate this guy for the protagonist:

I was fascinated with him for some reason...

• Yeah I believe True Detective could be awesome if Telltale decide to make it!

Zyphon posted: »

Breaking Bad or True Detective. Since "Better Call Saul" is going to be a prequel, maybe TTG could do a sequel following Jesse? Then again... True Detective is already almost set up like a TTG Game.

• True Detective, though could they find anyone who can match or be as unique voice as Matt M.? Dark Knight maybe interesting, but unless they give the option for Batman to kill and develop a story for someone other than the Joker, I don't know if it would be worth it.

• Batman would be awesome but whenever I think of Telltale, I think they are a story based company. Their games revolve around story and decisions, not action. And Batman would require a lot of action. However, true detective could be awesome if done well.

pcharl01 posted: »

True Detective, though could they find anyone who can match or be as unique voice as Matt M.? Dark Knight maybe interesting, but unless the

• OminousFlareOminousFlare Banned
    edited April 2014

I do at least agree with the potential for a Telltale Bioshock game (haven't played Infinite myself yet). It wouldn't surprise me at all after seeing what they did with even franchises like Back to the Future.

Since I finished Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea Episode Two, I'm more convinced than ever that TTG should create a Bioshock game following

• I'm honestly kinda intrigued with what Telltale's been doing. I mean, in the video game world, point-and-click adventures weren't exactly hard-hitting blockbuster game of the year. And then TWD showed up and blew everyone away. Phew. I'm still trying to wrap my head around that notion. It's quite amazing what Telltale's done. I found myself comparing TWD to the Mass Effect trilogy from time to time, which says a lot about the potentials for the future of Telltale adventures.

I'd agree with Fangster's idea of Marvel Civil War. Being sort of a Marvel fanboy myself, Civil War's premise had great story potential, but its execution fell flat on several levels. I think in Telltale's hands, it could go some place wonderful. And with an epic event like Civil War, I could easily picture this being a practical idea as well, considering that the crossover event really affected every single superhero in the Marvel Comics universe (or at least the 616 universe anyway), much like how the walker apocalypse affected everyone in TWD. You could have an ensemble cast and have them try and figure out what to do during the Civil War crisis, have them fight out their own philosophical ideas (pro registration vs. con registration).

At risk of sounding like a biased Spider-Fanboy, I think Spider-Man's 'Average Joe' and 'Everyday Man' status quo could easily let him be the main protagonist. I mean, everyone could relate to that guy, and he's a widely popular character too. And it would make sense for him to be in a Telltale decision-based video game. Just look at this picture:

Alt text

With the kind of tough decision-making we had in TWD and TWAU, I could really see Spidey in a Telltale Civil War game making tough calls between supporting Captain America or Iron Man. I'm against registration BTW. Freedom and liberty all the way. :P

• I'd be okay with a "Telltale Original Series", actually. Once they gain enough renown for Game of Thrones, it would be interesting to see what they could come up with on their own.

• edited April 2014

Infinite isn't something I'd really like to see a Telltale Game about, Rapture is just a much more interesting world than Columbia. They really should just do a game about that Pie guy. Well, at least about Atlas' followers and what happened to them after he invaded the city.

I do at least agree with the potential for a Telltale Bioshock game (haven't played Infinite myself yet). It wouldn't surprise me at all after seeing what they did with even franchises like Back to the Future.

• edited April 2014

If they were to do Marvel, they'd probably have it be some secondary character, just like how Rick wasn't the main character for TWD, and the Vault Hunters won't be the main characters for Tales from the Borderlands. Though, I don't know much about Marvel comics at all, so I don't know, seems like it could work. Personally, I like DC more simply from what I just know about their characters and stuff(haven't really read a DC comic either...)

I'm honestly kinda intrigued with what Telltale's been doing. I mean, in the video game world, point-and-click adventures weren't exactly ha

• Then again... We don't really know what happened to Jack. Playing as Jack would be cool, especially since Burial at Sea revealed him to kind of be the center of everything in the story.

So, if they were to make a Bioshock game, then it'd have to be in Rapture, definitely. The options for a potential story would then be...

The "Pie Singer"(or a character in the same position of him), during the invasion of Rapture by Atlas. They perhaps find out that Atlas is actually a horrible person, and then it could follow some story with them in Rapture while the Civil War is going on.

Tenenbaum either before or after the Civil War. Before, then it could be about her experiments. After, it could be about her attempts to save the little sisters.

Jack after Bioshock(Good ending). Maybe he eventually returned to Rapture for some reason? though, it might be a smart idea to just leave his story alone. Still, we never really got to see Jack as an actual character because he was a silent protagonist in the first game, and only had a small part in Burial at Sea.

Or they could do something like Tales from the Borderlands and just work with completely new stories and characters, which could be interesting.

Infinite isn't something I'd really like to see a Telltale Game about, Rapture is just a much more interesting world than Columbia. They rea

• Yeah, true. Telltale would probably have trouble securing the rights from Marvel anyway for their flagship character. It's a shame, though, because like I said, Spidey is the everyday-man; he's perfect for a decision-based Telltale game.

If they were to do Marvel, they'd probably have it be some secondary character, just like how Rick wasn't the main character for TWD, and th

• I'd love to play something on the Harry Potter's saga

Harry potter could work. Its an interesting universe and they could do there own story

• I thought I was the only one! I think an episodic Bioshock series would be great. I think maybe 5 short stories could work (obviously within Rapture). They could all be seemingly unlinked but then the final episode ties them all together OR more back story (ie: Fink and Suchong, Tenembaum, The Building of Rapture, Kashmir and the civil war). I don't think an addition to Jack's story is necessary. Maybe ANOTHER alternate Elizabeth OR a little bit of story of when Elizabeth first came to Rapture through a tear. We know she spent a few months their so why not? I do agree with the above, however that Columbia is not an interesting location to be added on to. The characters are though.

Then again... We don't really know what happened to Jack. Playing as Jack would be cool, especially since Burial at Sea revealed him to kind

• edited April 2014

The building of Rapture would be an excellent story! Maybe even a kind of abridged history of Rapture, with Episode. One starting when it was first built, and then Episode 5 ending with the Civil War. I agree that an addition to Jack's story isn't really necessarily, I just thought it would be interesting to see him as an actual character rather than a totally silent protagonist. I also think that Elizabeth's story is more or less wrapped up. Maybe something about Booker and Anna in an alternate universe?

And as for the characters form Columbia... The Luteces are everywhere, while I don't think they'd be good playable characters, a story revealing more of their back story could be interesting.

There are so many possibilities, I'm desperately hoping that once Tales from the Borderlands is done, they don't announce a second season and instead announce a Bioshock game.

I thought I was the only one! I think an episodic Bioshock series would be great. I think maybe 5 short stories could work (obviously within

• I didn't really play through Bioshock 2 after about two-three hours of the game when I started to grow tired of the gameplay (they took away the radial menu for the PC version), but what I heard from reviews is that Bioshock 2's story wasn't as good as the first one. If Telltale do a Bioshock game, however, it would undoubtedly be totally focused on the story and not be distracted by the mechanics of the gameplay, which would be good news for those like me who's only interested in the story aspect.

Infinite isn't something I'd really like to see a Telltale Game about, Rapture is just a much more interesting world than Columbia. They rea

• edited April 2014

I actually really liked Bioshock 2, not sure why so many other people didn't. In fact, I'd even say in terms game play and atmosphere, it's still better than Infinite. Though, Infinite basically beats all the other games for having the best characters. Except for maybe Burial at Sea if you count it as a separate game.

I didn't really play through Bioshock 2 after about two-three hours of the game when I started to grow tired of the gameplay (they took away

• I guess that's the reason why people 'disliked it' compared to the first one ('hate' is a strong word) - because the game sacrificed the story and atmosphere for gameplay aspects. The first game was a really fun ride because you arrived in this new world of Rapture (and that twist that totally turned FPS games on their head with its message of irony), and by the time you arrived in the second game, because nothing much has changed compared to the first game, it just felt kinda like a drag to return to the same place again with merely a better gameplay value.

I actually really liked Bioshock 2, not sure why so many other people didn't. In fact, I'd even say in terms game play and atmosphere, it's

• I think if TT ever does a DC or Marvel game - I think the former is more likely if they have connections with Vertigo already - it would make sense to have a more obscure characters as the focus, perhaps. I do think that whilst it might have a similar feel to WAU with investigations, a Daredevil game would be fun! Imagine playing as Matt Murdock and undertaking the dual lives of a lawyer and super hero in the streets of New York or San Francisco (since he just moved there in the comics - they also made the interesting step of him revealing his identity to the world) with an array of villains and supporting characters like Moon Knight, She Hulk, Iron Fist or Misty Knight.

With the DC crew I'd quite like one of the supernatural types - maybe Zatanna or even Deadman.

Yeah, true. Telltale would probably have trouble securing the rights from Marvel anyway for their flagship character. It's a shame, though, because like I said, Spidey is the everyday-man; he's perfect for a decision-based Telltale game.

• Actually, I really like the story in Bioshock 2... But yeah, I can definitely see why others wouldn't.

I guess that's the reason why people 'disliked it' compared to the first one ('hate' is a strong word) - because the game sacrificed the sto

• Some ideas I want in no particular order.

1. The Dresden Files
    2. Star Wars
    3. Lost
    4. Supernatural
    5. Harry Potter
    6. An Original Series by Telltale
    7. LotR
    8. Mass Effect

I am sure I can think of more. But I think all of those properties would work

• Unsure if it has been covered in the comics but the rise of Thomas and Martha(?) wealth, the businessmen he took over and the underbelly of the city's crime families, corrupted cops & increase poverty in Gotham. I think a great narrative could be made into a TTG.

Markd4547 posted: »

Dark Knight like WAU an investigation with Bruce Wayne Play as both Joker and Batman to understand both sides and motives, their past and

• Dear Telltale, I was recently playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories, and think you should team up with Konami and make a Silent Hill game. Thanks

• I like all of those choices! But honestly anything that mystery, a good cast or team of character and a what if survival could work. I would go with any of your choices. But here is some other ones that might be interesting:

X-men
    Batman
    Spawn
    Ghostbusters
    Animorphs (for my childhood :P)
    I, Robot
    Hunger Games
    Aliens
    Mossflower (bizarre but I could totally see it done)
    Ghost in the Shell
    Robotech
    Front Mission
    Robocop
    Resident Evil
    Startgate
    Battlestar Galactica
    Defiance

..etc

Some ideas I want in no particular order. * The Dresden Files * Star Wars * Lost * Supernatural * Harry Potter * An Original Serie

• How about a FullMetal Alchemist adaptation? Both the original and Brotherhood are good concepts to play with and It would help to have a more succinct story.

• Space Dandy and Invader Zim
    Space Dandy because it is a stellar property
    And Zim because it is cut short and Steve Purcell + Jhonen Vasquez = 10/10 GAME OF THE YEAR.

=

• If they were to ever adapt any anime, I'd ask it to be this or Hellsing. Not Hellsing Ultimate, the original. Even though it sucked, it had a better concept.

pcharl01 posted: »

How about a FullMetal Alchemist adaptation? Both the original and Brotherhood are good concepts to play with and It would help to have a more succinct story.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.