"Telltale should make a ____ Series": Post your ideas for a new Telltale Series here. (Unofficial)

Comments

• Perhaps it was already mentioned but i'd love witcher game or Maybe something from star wars universe

• In case you have never heard of or read the books about Drizzt Do' Urden (and that alone is a travesty) I will go ahead and admit I am a fan. Maybe one of the biggest. I have read every book, a total of 30 ( 33 if you count the sell swords) and I am still yearning for MORE. I am not alone in my love affair with this iconic drow elf. There would be many people, including myself, who would absolutely love to see a Forgotten Realms game from Telltale. And Drizzt and his companions would be the perfect protagonists.

• Yes, Yes, and DOUBLE YES!!! GREAT IDEA!!!

Please, please make a Supernatural game! I'm surprised you haven't already!

• You know that show called Black Sails? It has a great story going on and I think that would make a nice pirate-themed game! Since we have zombie and knight themed games already that would be cool! And maybe the game could take some spices from Pirates of the Caribbean too? I just love the pirate theme. :)

• i think that telltale should make a game about an ordinary person gaining superpower's- wait let me clear that up- there are plenty of games set in the marvel/DC universe about an ordinary guy/girl getting power's but im talking about before or in a different universe then marvel/DC and you are the first person to gain superpower's and it is up to you to use them for good or evil and you have to face the consequences that come with that the fear and somewhat awkwardness that comes with that by the general population and even an episode where you learn to master your power's and not that BAM you get them and you are good at them no it would take a whole episode to even come close to mastering them and then ethier crime or the police have to evolve with that to stop you/help you

• All the superhero suggestions started me thinking....

enter image description here

• I would love TT to make a game based of Mystery Inc.

• edited April 2016

Thread: TV Shows, Movies and Books that should be made into a TT Game

If you could pick any TV Show, Movie or book that has yet to be made into a TellTale game which would it be and why? For it would would hands down have to be 1.Quantum Leap 2.Sliders Because i think both shows would lend themselves well to the TT formula and i have dreamed of a video game since the 90's (Back then on Super NES/Sega Genesis) but think it would be great on PC/Consoles. Let me hear your thoughts.

• I think if they choose any Marvel
    Characters it'd be way cooler to play with someone with an antagonist vibe

Like idk... THE PUNISHER!!!

• There's a comic book series called American Vampire that would be perfect for a Telltale Game. Each story arc in the comic takes place in different historical eras, so slotting in their own story somewhere on the timeline would be right down Telltale's alley. Plus, the comic is from Vertigo, where The Wolf Among Us (Fables) originated. So there's collaborative history between the companies.

AdamRoberts posted: »

A...game with all the special abilities...superpowers (as mentioned by others) A vampire game will be awesome too...NOT THE TWILIGHT! but Vamp diaries will do

• I think they should make a dead space series during the timeline where the black marker was found and Michael Altman is around to stop it.

• Thread: Idea for Telltale Game

Let's just sayyyyy... Someone has an idea for a Telltale game.. What would be the best way to share it with the team? Do they do original works or only adaptions of other established franchises?

• Post in this thread, and if you read it, you can see all the other ideas they ignored, too. :)

Telltale only bases games off established franchises, and only the more-popular ones in recent years. They like having a built-in fan base.

• Well, if it's worth anything, Telltale is making an original IP via the Super Show thing.

WarpSpeed posted: »

Post in this thread, and if you read it, you can see all the other ideas they ignored, too. Telltale only bases games off established franchises, and only the more-popular ones in recent years. They like having a built-in fan base.

• Nightbreed, Nightbreed, Nightbreed.

And no, I'm never gonna shut up about it until the thing is made. :p

• So, I've been thinking about it and I think I've found a great idea for Telltale's Marvel game. It may sound cliché, and I would love if they did do some original story with an original character, but whatever...

They should maybe make a Spiderman game. Now, hear me out; Back in 2003, there was a series called Spiderman: The New Animated Series. It was a 3D, CGI-made show with some cel-shaded art style. First of all, the tone would be good. We know with Borderlands that TTG is still good at humour. We especially know that they do drama well. This show had both, and did it sort of well... The art style: mostly I just notice the resemblance between TWAU and SP with the dynamic shadows, but it could work in their engine (possibly). Either way, I needed to get this out, and didn't know how to say it so just... there.

(Please excuse the narration because that isn't Spider-man, that isn't even Neil Patrick Harris, and that voice isn't in the show at all. Weird. Just some random, ok-made trailer.)

dvd trailer

• Thread: How cool would a Telltale Blade Runner game be?

Think about it guys. Picture this: just like in the 1997 game characters are randomly picked as per your play through whether they're human or not. This sort of gameplay dynamic would be fantastically suited to TTG's modern story telling style.

With the new film coming next year, now would be a perfect time. What do you guys think?

• edited May 2016

Thread: Wilfred: Why its a golden opportunity for Telltale

"It's time you stopped playing ball with everyone else and started playing ball with me" - Wilfred

Telltale Games has offered something fresh to the market of video games. An emphasis back on the previously dwindling adventure niche of gaming that experienced a slow burning fade out in the 2000s. I am proud to say I first heard of Telltale after they took interest in the popular internet series Homestar Runner with Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People. Flash forward some years to 2012 when Telltale's "zombie prototype" was released and people really starting talking seriously about adventure games. Now Telltale is big, so big that they've got more IPs than they know what to do with. While some of their titles like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead emphasize a more dramatic and brutal tone, I've noticed Telltale also has a vein for comedy, specifically with Tales from the Borderlands. While I admit, I have not played Tales from the Borderlands, the clips I have seen passed around the internet of the game itself surprised me, because it reminded me again of Strongbad's Cool Game for Attractive People. I got to thinking what else Telltale should try out, and while they've got bigger plans (Marvel and DC to highlight the obvious), I thought Telltale should take a try at an episodic series based around the show Wilfred.

Wilfred (The American TV show based off of the Australian TV show), follows a depressed man (portrayed by Elijah Wood) who attempts to commit suicide within the first minute of the show's opening. After his failed suicide, he starts to see the world differently, his neighbor's dog Wilfred appears to him as a full grown Australian man in a dog suit (Jason Gann). He is the only one who sees Wilfred as a human in a dog suit, and the most ridiculous escapades ensue based on his friendship with his neighbor's dog. This show is incredible, but it ended rather abruptly when FX told the crew it was pulling the plug on the show, and had to be moved to FXX for its final 10 episode run. The ending in my opinion was unsatisfying, partially because series creator Jason Gann was kept off the writers team so they could tie up loose ends in the shows mythology, and essentially cutting out most of the comedy present in the first 3 seasons. The show itself is considered off beat, crude, and black in its comedy style, and its something that would be incredible adapted as an adventure title, especially if it was headed by Telltale.

Wilfred and the protagonist Ryan Nuemann are constantly at odds in each episode, dealing with a deeper issue within the protagonist. Titles of the episodes allude to the themes present in each episode, Happiness, Guilt, Isolation. Wilfred's change in tone would also be a welcome addition to the adventure games that Telltale is pushing out. The emphasis on choice would put a whole new spin on the mishaps and calamities present in each episode, making for a ridiculous and enjoyable experience for writers for the episodes and those who would play the episodes. Jason Gann would want to continue Wilfred as well. Gann went on record in the last season to say “We would have kept going. I think you would have to be crazy to quit a job like this". With additional casting to characters either similar to that of Bruce, the trickster recluse who pits the Ryan in elaborate "games" against Wilfred, and Jellybeans, the spiteful golden retriever that Wilfred hates with a passion, the game could be an incredible trip into the understanding of a protagonist's inner struggle in a video game in that of a contemporary setting, rather than a distant apocalypse or fantasy IP. If Telltale did ever even consider doing an episodic series based off of Wilfred, I would be ecstatic and in complete support for the continuing of Jason Gann's concept of a man in a dogsuit, giving advice to a socially awkward adult. Telltale could have an opportunity to give Wilfred an ending that it deserves, and one that isn't rushed by any network trying to get ratings.

• They should make Supernatural: A Telltale Games Series.

I'm not a fan of Supernatural. My friend is.

• edited May 2016

I like wilfred too and I thought that the ending was fine, its better then the ending of the original Australian series from what I heard.

Great idea

Thread: Wilfred: Why its a golden opportunity for Telltale "It's time you stopped playing ball with everyone else and started playin

• WHAT A new blade runner, why. Why would they do that! is nothing sacred.

zmally posted: »

Thread: How cool would a Telltale Blade Runner game be? Think about it guys. Picture this: just like in the 1997 game characters are ra

• i also think an anime telltale game wouldn't necessarily go awry something like fairy tail where you are a new member and they can do it like they did game of thrones and base it inbetween season's although i would love for a fairy tail game to tail place in the tower of heaven arc but for a general anime game i think would do well with telltales engine

• A good anim for telltale would be Ajin..... But it's the property of netflix so I don't think it would happen. But Fairy tail would be very bad, you can't just mash what you like with another thing you like and think it's going to be good because you liked them both... It has to match the style in many ways.

• I really, really, really want a doctor who game. Choice based would be cool, but I'd prefer the normal puzzle focused Adventure game style for Doctor Who.

• I would really like to see telltale games partner up with robert kirkman and do an episodic take on the entire Invincible series. I think it's an underappreciated superhero comic that needs to have some light shown on it. I'm sure a lot of people have at least seen and passed the comic at a B and N or comic shop, they just need a different way to get into the series via comics. Players might start to get interested in buying the trade papebacks and its a win for everybody.

• I'd adore it if they made a game about The Purge. Think about it: Telltale's first horror game.

• edited May 2016

Thread: Firefly A Telltale Game?

without spoiling the show for anyone who might want to watch it : lets discuss the epicness that this game would be. firefly is the most underrated Sci-fi show in tv, I feel telltale can do a lot going forward with this. plus it will fill the empty void that show left in me lol :)

imagine being a rogue commander(?), naming your own ''serenity'' and recruiting your own crew. again, it may have nothing tp do with the original crew though it would be nice to see where they at, but this has a lot of potential.

• I love Firefly/Serenity and I absolutely give my seal of approval.

Mercyva posted: »

Thread: Firefly A Telltale Game? without spoiling the show for anyone who might want to watch it : lets discuss the epicness that this

• edited May 2016

Someone's probably already suggested this, but: a mystery/horror game involving Lovecraftian mythos.

• I'm not gonna lie, I think that they should make a Family Guy game. It's story could be like the Brian and Stewie episodes, and have the characters make fun of the genre, and make choices on what cutaways they should use for the situation. Who knows, maybe they'll make a GOOD Family Guy game, unlike all the other poor attempts we've seen.

• You should make a Harry Potter game

• Breaking
    Bad

• edited May 2016

Guys, all these suggestions are good and all (well, most of them), but I think you all know what we really need.

A Telltale adaptation of YouTube drama.

You could play as a rookie DramaAlert researcher, and try to impress the almighty "gnome god" Keemstar with your "newsworthy scoops". Make sure that none of those upstart, low-subscriber-count YouTubers ever forget the small interest boost they gain from appearing on DramaAlert, and overhype DramaAlert content even when nothing interesting is discussed.

• How about Predator by Telltale?

• Im glad I dont understand this, sometimes I like being out of touch

Guys, all these suggestions are good and all (well, most of them), but I think you all know what we really need. A Telltale adaptation of

• Where you play as a young predator doing the trials to become a warrior, I wish they did a movie like this humans should be secondary characters at least once.

AronDracula posted: »

How about Predator by Telltale?

• I was being satirical about current and somewhat overly pervasive "YouTube drama". You're honestly quite lucky for not knowing. XD

Im glad I dont understand this, sometimes I like being out of touch

• Mabinogi from NEXON and devCAT by Telltale.

• How about Bioshock? Either as a Little Sister, a Big Daddy, a Big Sister, Eleanor, or a completely original character. The first three could become sentient prior to episode 1. Remember how it is mentioned that the Loaders have been (for unknown reasons) getting smarter after Handsome Jack died?

• Yeah, that would be a great Story-Base, for shure! And I think, some of the original-cast-members would agree to do the voice-acting! I love Firefly!

Mercyva posted: »

Thread: Firefly A Telltale Game? without spoiling the show for anyone who might want to watch it : lets discuss the epicness that this

Sign in to comment in this discussion.