If you could only see one movie this summer...

edited August 2008 in General Chat
Which one would that be!?

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Indy all the way. I've never been this excited about a movie in about 10 years, and I guess even if the story sucks, just seeing Indy being back does it for me.
  • edited May 2008
    Summer's a long way off for me (it's coming up to winter now), but I'll probably see lots of those movies, specifically:

Iron Man -released yesterday
    Chronicles Of Narnia 2 (but it's Book 3!) - release date 5 June
    Indiana Jones 4 - release date 22 May
    Wall-E - release date 11 September
    Get Smart (maybe...) - release date 3 July
    Speed Racer - release date 12 June
    Hellboy 2 - release date 28 August
    The Dark Knight - release date 17 July
    The Mummy 3 (maybe...) - release date 10 July
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars - release date 14 August
  • edited May 2008
    Dark Knight, definitely. Love that Joker. :D

I just hope it's good, for Heath's sake.
  • edited May 2008
    I would like to see whatever appeals to my interests. I'm basically loking forward to watching Wal-E, because I'm a big fan of Pixar.
  • edited May 2008
    Indiana Jones, of course. Raiders of the Lost Ark was my favourite movie as a kid.
  • edited May 2008
    Just to be clear: by "One one this SUMMER" you mean See during the summer and when released on DVD in fall/winter the rest is fair game, right? RIGHT? :D

Anyway, I would have to say Iron Man with Wall-E a close second.
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Obligatorily Indiana Jones, but in my mind Wall-E is the only one guaranteed to be enjoyable.
  • edited May 2008
    Hold on. I thought Star wars: Clone Wars already came out in movie theaters a long time ago.
  • edited May 2008
    There was the totally awesome Cartoon Network series by Gennedy Tartofsky that was shown shortly before Ep 3. That's what you're thinking of.

THIS clone wars movie which is actually the piolt for a new series but in movie form, on the other hand, is an awful looking (at least in all the screnshots I've seen. Check out Beard Armor Obi-Wan! I mean seriously, if it his hair was any flatter and sharper he wouldn't need that lightsaber to slice people up :p) CGI version offically endorsed by Lucas that apprently and is the "offical canon version" of the Clone Wars events.
  • edited May 2008
    Indy hands down. Who doesn't love Dr. Jones and his adventures?
  • edited May 2008
    Out of that list, Indiana Jones. I can't say I'm a massive fan, but I am quite looking forward to the film. :) If this poll was for the rest of the year, it'd be Harry Potter hands down.
  • edited May 2008
    I answered Indiana Jones as well, but I'm going to see Iron Man tonight. Wall-E is probably going to be good as well; I don't care much for the others.
  • EmiEmi
    edited May 2008
    The Dark Knight for me. You know, everyone talks about how awesome Tim Burton's Batman movies were but when I saw them I was disappointed. They weren't bad (I thought making the Joker
    the one who killed Bruce's parents interesting
    and Michelle Pfeiffer was smoking hot as Catwoman) but they certainly didn't deserve the pedestal that everyone put them on. When my boyfriend heard this, he let me borrow Batman Begins and I loved it. That I liked the first movie and that the Joker is my favorite Batman villain, makes me quite eager to see this movie.

But what I would really like to see, but isn't coming out this summer, is The Watchmen.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Sex and the City, of course. :p

(....what, am I the only girl around here or something?)
  • edited May 2008
    ...then it wouldn't be one out of your list.
  • edited May 2008
    I already seen Iron Man. It was spectacular!
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah, it was pretty awesome. Definitely my favorite of the Marvel movies so far, I would say.
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    Sex and the City, of course. :p

(....what, am I the only girl around here or something?)

There's a movie of that, now?? To quote the great Kenan Thompson... "Whyyyyyyy??" :p
  • edited May 2008
    Heh first I knew of it was the Colbert Report last week.
  • edited May 2008
    Speaking of Kenan Thompson, This turned out to be a surprisingly funny film, if you like slightly lewd road trip comedies. Highly recommended.

(Never mind how I saw it already. This *is* the internet, after all, and I will be seeing it again in the theater.)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Reuters wrote:
    Sorry "Iron Man." But moviegoers have something else on their minds as spring gives way to summer -- like Sex.

"Sex and the City," based on HBO's hit television comedy about single women in New York, is the movie that fans are most excited about heading into Hollywood's key summer season, which starts on Thursday with the debut of comic book adventure "Iron Man," according to a new poll from online film site AOL Moviefone.

Not far behind was "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," which opens on May 22 with Harrison Ford returning as the adventure-seeking Jones.

In the poll of nearly 420,000 respondents, "Sex and the City," which premieres on May 30, proved most exciting to 32 percent of the movie fans, compared with 31 percent for "Indiana Jones."

So there.
  • edited May 2008
    ""Sex and the City," which premieres on May 30, proved most exciting to 32 percent of the movie fans, compared with 31 percent for "Indiana Jones.""

^ Sign of the Apocalypse # 60,527.

(I kid, of course. The show is pretty damn funny, even for us male-types. ...Although it crushes our self-esteem every time the characters talk about expecting "attributes" that are physically impossible to the point of cartoonish. :p)
  • edited May 2008
    Hmmm, if I could only see one movie... It would be Wall-E.

However, I start back at my movie theatre job next week, so now all I have to do is figure out where my days off are and cooridnate them with my studio days so that I have at least one of them free for my Employee Benifit of free movie tickets. :D Hey, it's the only reason I keep the damn job in the summer.
  • edited May 2008
    I went for Dark Knight but I'll probably end up seeing most of them. I loved Get Smart as a kid so I'm really hoping that's good.
  • edited May 2008
    totally Iron Man. which I saw the other day. so I guess I'm done with movies for the summer, see you guys in a couple months!
  • edited May 2008
    It is impossible to see only one movie. I must watch them all.
  • edited May 2008
    Just saw Iron Man. I was very pleased. Everything Marvel has put out movie-wise, I've enjoyed. (Yes, even Spidey 3 and Fantastic Four 2. :p)
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    ShaggE wrote: »
    There's a movie of that, now?? To quote the great Kenan Thompson... "Whyyyyyyy??" :p
    tabacco wrote: »
    Heh first I knew of it was the Colbert Report last week.

Boys....

If you read Gawker at all, you would have known. :D
  • edited May 2008
    I read Kotaku, which is a Gawker site, does that count? :p
  • MelMel
    edited May 2008
    I read Kotaku, which is a Gawker site, does that count? :p

So do I! Unless Sex and the City becomes a video game (or one of the ladies goes into an in depth discussion of her gaming habits), it won't see the light of day there. :D
  • edited May 2008
    I don't see why not. :p I have reason to believe that Brian Crecente is a huge fan. I also think his hair is sentient and writes his articles for him, but that's a whole other thread right there.
  • jmmjmm
    edited May 2008
    Midtown Cowboys
    The Dark Knight
    Get Smart
    Indy 4

Not a chance: Incredible Hulk
    Not even dead: Wall-E
  • edited May 2008
    If there even will be a Midtown Cowboys movie, since Mr. Featherly got abducted.
  • edited May 2008
    They're useing CGI to complete his scenes.
  • edited May 2008
    INDIANA JONES FTW.

I hope it comes to IMAX cause that's where I really want to see it, but as long as I see it on opening day, long line or not, I will be happy.
  • edited May 2008
    The Dark Knight NO contest. I've been waiting for this for years! It's going to be freakin' sweet.
  • JaiJai
    edited May 2008
    At first, I was all "Indiana Jones!" And then I thought about it a bit, and decided "The Dark Knight!" And then I realized I really wanted to see Wall*E quite a lot. And then I thought about how upset I'd be if I hadn't been able to see Iron Man. And then Hellboy 2 came up, and there's no way I could say no to his big, red mug. And my summer would suck if I didn't watch Tropic Thunder and the next Narnia.

This is part of why deserted islands and me don't get along so well.
  • edited May 2008
    That and the whole being stranded all by yourself thing. That would suck.
  • edited May 2008
    I'm suprised no one voted for The Hulk. Not that I voted for it either, heh. Just suprised is all.

I also can't imagine my summer without Iron Man, but watching Batman and the new Indy movie are givens for me. And what better way to honor Heath Ledger's life than than enjoying his art.

But man, Iron Man was really good. I saw it in an old non-digital theatre and it brought me right back ten years ago when the first Matrix came out...
  • SquinkySquinky Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    ...Although it crushes our self-esteem every time the characters talk about expecting "attributes" that are physically impossible to the point of cartoonish. :p

Now you know how us ladies feel when we play video games!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.