Strong Bad Contest: Make a Mii, win a game - winners announced!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
This one's for all you Wii owners out there...

http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-338

Contest closes June 15, so you have a little time. Fire up the Mii channel and get cracking!

Click here to see who won!

Comments

• edited May 2008
    It's time like this I wish the Mii Channel was more robust.
  • edited May 2008
    Check it out, yo. I just made a Coach Z Mii, and I'm entering it into the contest! It's not perfect, since you can't change the color of the hat, or the style of it, but at least it's Coach Z. Hopefully, I might be one of the lucky three to win the contest.
  • edited May 2008
    No one will be able to beat my Strong Bad. I will win all three spots. HAHAHAHA
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    (Telltale employees not allowed to enter. :p)
  • edited May 2008
    Emily wrote: »
    (Telltale employees not allowed to enter. :p)

AHHHH!?! No fair! :)
  • edited May 2008
    Check it out, yo. I just made a Coach Z Mii, and I'm entering it into the contest! It's not perfect, since you can't change the color of the hat, or the style of it, but at least it's Coach Z. Hopefully, I might be one of the lucky three to win the contest.

I made a Coach Z one too! May the best one win!
  • edited May 2008
    It's times like this when I wish the Mii Channel had some more... unrealistic head shapes and accoutrements.
  • edited May 2008
    I can't even take screenshots in the Mii channel, maybe I missed something in the how-to guide to Miis
  • edited May 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    It's times like this when I wish the Mii Channel had some more... unrealistic head shapes and accoutrements.

Yeah different colored caps would be nice too. Anyway I went with Strong Sad. Turned out pretty well, now I just need to borrow a digital camera.
    edited May 2008
    InfamousDS wrote: »
    I can't even take screenshots in the Mii channel, maybe I missed something in the how-to guide to Miis

It's not easy. Just take a picture of your TV.
  • edited May 2008
    Question: Instead of sending a picture, can we post it on the Check Mii Out channel and then send you the entry number for it?
    edited May 2008
    We need to have easy access to the pictures that doesn't require looking entries up on the Wii, so no. :(
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah, I wouldn't want to spend all day "typing" in the names/numbers of entries on the Wiimote...

I really think Nintendo should add an easier way to take Mii screenshots, though -- there's obviously a desire for it.
  • edited May 2008
    Can't you make a homestar runner mii contest channel download able in wiiware in which we could transfer the miis to you virtually and you could make them do a parade.
  • edited May 2008
    Only Nintendo has access to that kind of technology. It's hard enough as is for 3rd party companies to get games onto WiiWare, let alone complete channels.
  • edited May 2008
    Only Nintendo has access to that kind of technology. It's hard enough as is for 3rd party companies to get games onto WiiWare, let alone complete channels.

Wouldn't make it very hard for our Mii to be included in strong bad game for cool attractive people?
  • edited May 2008
    No, it's not going to be included in SBCG4AP. It's just a contest to make the most SBCG4AP character-like Mii to win.
  • edited May 2008
    I have a question.Can we submit Side Characters, like Biscuitdoughhandsman?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited May 2008
    Submit whoever!
  • edited May 2008

That didn't stop Square Enix from releasing Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life As A King!
  • edited May 2008
    What? It's a WiiWare game. What are you talking about? Is it the fact that the game gets its own channel? Because that's how all download games on the Wii work.
  • edited May 2008
    Jake wrote: »
    Submit whoever!
    The blog entry says any of the main characters. Which is it? I'm confused.

If characters other than the main twelve are allowed, then I'll do one of those, they're more likely to be human shaped.
  • edited May 2008
    Like he said, do whoever you want.
  • edited May 2008
    I haven't put my Wii online and don't plan to, but if you'll give the winner the option to win a copy of the first episode's PC version, I've got a heck of a Mii to enter. Also, is it okay to enter more than one Mii in case I get more ideas?
  • edited May 2008
    I'm really stumped on how anyone could pull off any of the characters. Even these instructions on how to make Strong Bad don't really turn out that well
    http://www.miicharacters.com/index.php?mii=505
  • edited May 2008

i think you misunderstood what the guy was saying. let's take another look at that:
    Can't you make a homestar runner mii contest channel download able in wiiware in which we could transfer the miis to you virtually and you could make them do a parade.

i think what he meant was for nintendo to make a contest theme for homestar runner characters in the mii contest/check mii out channel, but he could have just said, can't we post our homestar runner miis to the mii contest/check mii out channel and send telltale the codes to download them?

which is actually probably more work for them, but more convenient for us, rather than the other way around as it is now. catch 22, innit?
  • edited May 2008
    sa-weet!!!I made an awsome picture of Bubs...
    I bet I'll win a copy of the game!!!
  • edited May 2008
    i forgot to put my wii FC in the email with my picture
    should i resend?
  • edited May 2008
    nathew wrote: »
    i think you misunderstood what the guy was saying. let's take another look at that:

i think what he meant was for nintendo to make a contest theme for homestar runner characters in the mii contest/check mii out channel, but he could have just said, can't we post our homestar runner miis to the mii contest/check mii out channel and send telltale the codes to download them?

which is actually probably more work for them, but more convenient for us, rather than the other way around as it is now. catch 22, innit?
    Telltale has already said they're not doing that. I forget where, but I do remember it.
  • edited May 2008
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Telltale has already said they're not doing that. I forget where, but I do remember it.
    Probably the blog post that describes the contest (I'm assuming it's not in this thread, although I didn't actually check).
  • edited May 2008
    I'm kind of torn. I made the "Teen Girl Squad" Miis that got featured on the Weekly Fanstuff back in '07, but I don't know if anyone will believe me if I claim them now. >_> I guess I'll make up some new ones.
  • edited May 2008
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    I'm kind of torn. I made the "Teen Girl Squad" Miis that got featured on the Weekly Fanstuff back in '07, but I don't know if anyone will believe me if I claim them now. >_> I guess I'll make up some new ones.

I believe you. :)
  • edited May 2008
    I don't believe anybody.
  • edited May 2008
    I don't believe anybody.

Yeah, well, I don't believe you're a tester for Telltale! I actually think you're a tester for...EA! or Lucasarts! :mad:

:p :D

Edit: BTW, am I going to be banned for mentioning LucasArts? :p
  • edited May 2008
    Yes.
  • edited May 2008
    Yes.

See, this is why I don't believe you. I'm still here. :p
  • edited May 2008
    You have no idea when it is coming but it is coming don't worry about that. ;)
  • edited May 2008
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I'm really stumped on how anyone could pull off any of the characters. Even these instructions on how to make Strong Bad don't really turn out that well
    http://www.miicharacters.com/index.php?mii=505

If you hadn't told me that was SB, I wouldn't know who it was.
    I was like,:confused:That's Strong Bad??!?:confused:
  • edited May 2008
    Well, you can't make an Old-Timey Strong Bad (or Sir Strong Bad, if you will) in Color Mii, can't you?
  • edited May 2008
    Well, you can't make an Old-Timey Strong Bad (or Sir Strong Bad, if you will) in Color Mii, can't you?

With only black and white, yes.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.