Game of Thrones Revealed

Comments

• game of

thrones

the year ?

hmmm cannot be unseen..

Mikejames posted: »

Thus the Game of the Year was chosen.

• Telltale showing people how to make good games out of television shows since 2012 !

mejjos posted: »

From what I've read, the ATLUS GoT is pretty bad. It's the Survival Instinct of Game Of Thrones games haha.

• Agreed. Or else the other games will suffer.

I think they should start hiring some more employees..

• I like Borderlands and will give Game of Thrones a shot I just hope they can't handle all this and still deliver a grade A game.

• The number of games they can make is dependent on the number of simultaneous design teams they can afford to employ. If HBO is involved in this new game, then they may have additional resources to employ a bunch of new people who aren't working on the other games at all.

• They are. :)

I think they should start hiring some more employees..

• I have heard Telltale is hiring more people and their company is getting bigger. Which is a good thing. I LOVE Game of Thrones and I really think Telltale can do this game justice.

From now on though, when it comes to Telltale Games, I'm just waiting till all the episodes come out and buying them all at once. :)

• A game based on a series of books by a guy who takes years between cliffhangers... brought to you by the team that STILL hasn't given us a release date for The Walking Dead Season Two or The Wolf Among Us Episode 2.

Seems rather fitting.

I kid, of course... Kinda.

• Well there almost identical however they do simplify some elements such as the original king only having one bastard featured rather than two in the story.

And it'll be based on the TV show rather than the books.

• I'm just going to repeat what I've posted elsewhere:

TT hasn't released TWD, yet - I am not dissappinted and try to be patient.

TT delays the 2nd ep. Of TWAU (3-month gap!) - I still try to stay calm and relax.

But for now I am really pissed: GoT and Borderlands? Seriously?! I know it's a popular franchise - good for you - but it is just so dissapointing there will be nothing to play for me after TWD and TWAU. I am a female gamer and have no problems with gore, violence and stuff, but I do hate Fantasy-stuff like Lord of the rings with medieval atmosphere, and Borderlands hasn't convinced me as well. I really hope I am so wrong and TT is going to make the best out of these franchises, especially for female gamers with emphasis on the story rather than medieval wars and sci-fi-shootings

• Well, I can't speak for Borderlands but I found that Game of Thrones was actually a lot more focused on character building and political maneuvering than fantasy and medieval war (though, of course, those do play a role). The best moments in the series were the sharply written character interactions and dialogue, not the sword-fighting and magic. There's not that much magic going on for the most part anyway and what is there is pretty subtly woven into the narrative, in my opinion. And the show does have a fairly sizable female audience so it's not like Telltale is intentionally trying to exclude female gamers.

TheMissus posted: »

I'm just going to repeat what I've posted elsewhere: TT hasn't released TWD, yet - I am not dissappinted and try to be patient. TT delay

• edited December 2013

I really hope you are right. I know GoT deals more with character interactions rather than warfare, it's just that i don't like medieval atmosphere at all (dark and cold surroundings, long beards, tatty ancient wardrobes, wizards, magic, knights, royals, tyrans, elfs and trolls... I don't like any of it). I know a lot of fantasy-lovers who love stuff like that. Really hope they make the story and character interactions so awesome that I can just overlook the surroundings. TWAU deals with fantasy too, but it hooked me from the beginning because of the contemporary atmo as well as the Film Noir feel.

DomeWing333 posted: »

Well, I can't speak for Borderlands but I found that Game of Thrones was actually a lot more focused on character building and political maneu

• I really hope I am so wrong and TT is going to make the best out of these franchises, especially for female gamers with emphasis on the story rather than medieval wars and sci-fi-shootings

I wouldn't consider all fantasy settings to be any more exclusive to male gamers than The Walking Dead was.

To each his own I suppose. Honestly, before Telltale I wouldn't have looked to anything in the zombie genre for strong narrative.

I'm just going to repeat what I've posted elsewhere: TT hasn't released TWD, yet - I am not dissappinted and try to be patient. TT delay

• 2014 is going to be a great year for gaming

The Fallen posted: »

2014 is certainly going to be a big year for telltale. I hope they haven't taken too much on. Game of thrones does seem a more natural fit for the style of game they've been making recently than borderlands though.

• edited December 2013

You're right: fantasy settings are not exclusive to male gamers, but I've noticed in my circle of friends and acquaintances there is more affection for this genre by male people. I can just imagine where the aversion by female players might come from:

1. The grungy and dark environment
    2. Many battles with an unclear amount of fighters
    3. Most important reason: Male characters are more dominant and play an active and major role comparing to female characters which are mostly passive and reduced to their looks (at least this is the way it used to be in middle ages). Women feel like they don't have much influence aside from the fact they can use their body, which has a negative vibe)

I know GOT deals more with character interactions and that there are lots of female characters which explains the femsle audience. I just hope TT can manage to make it enjoyable for everyone with strong female characters

Mikejames posted: »

I really hope I am so wrong and TT is going to make the best out of these franchises, especially for female gamers with emphasis on the story

• Game of Thrones +.+

BEST IP they could ever get for they type of game !!

can't wait

• NielsNiels Banned
    edited December 2013

i dont understand why people are so upset..

first - if they announced them , its 'cause they know they can finish the others at time

second - they have 1 or more teams working on each game , so why are you guys crying ?

third - its GAME OF THRONES ! JUST BE HAPPY !

• edited December 2013

I was thinking the same thing regarding Princess and the Queen! The writing style leaves plenty of room for Telltale to explore the effects of the civil war from a character perspective. There's so much slaughter it should provide plenty of shocking moments even for those already desensitized by the main series. Realistically if it's going to be a prequel, I can't imagine them going back further than 15years so they can make reference to established characters from the TV series

Viropher posted: »

I'm pretty excited about the idea of a Telltale Game of Thrones series. It will be tricky, I imagine, trying to give the player freedom while

• Well you gotta die of something.

RoboSheriff posted: »

Go big or die trying.

• Given the time frame of minimally 2 & a half to 3 months between episodes of "TWAU" - I would argue that it already is having an effect.

TTG's own blog post clearly stated they are still working on Episode 2.

New game announcements do not equal delays for other games. As I said elsewhere: Telltale actually has small teams handle early game

• I suspect the first Episode of Telltales Game of Thrones will be released towards the end of may 2014. That is when the tv series will air the finale of season 4. Releasing around that time would be clever.

• They appear to be in the planning stages if the vague interview at the VGX awards is anything to go by. I'd be surprised if we're playing it earlier than Winter 2014 and probably throughout the first half of 2015 alongside Season 5. World of Ice and Fire comes out then and hopefully Winds of Winter, hype for the series should be pretty high

Sejborg posted: »

I suspect the first Episode of Telltales Game of Thrones will be released towards the end of may 2014. That is when the tv series will air the finale of season 4. Releasing around that time would be clever.

• if they said the game is going to be released in 2014 i dont think it would be released in 2015...

besides, i believe the game is already in pre-production , or they wouldnt announce it so soon.. (its my opinion though)

between may-june 2014 if they release first instead of borderlands and end TWAU and TWD2

tmsmyth4 posted: »

They appear to be in the planning stages if the vague interview at the VGX awards is anything to go by. I'd be surprised if we're playing it e

• I meant the first episode or 2 in 2014... but yeah it's probably further along than they're letting on, hopefully you're right

Niels posted: »

if they said the game is going to be released in 2014 i dont think it would be released in 2015... besides, i believe the game is already i

• i hope too.. i am more hyped with this game than i was in TWD or TWAU !! :D

i want it as sooner as possible

I meant the first episode or 2 in 2014... but yeah it's probably further along than they're letting on, hopefully you're right

• Actually he had 16 bastards in the books, supposedly!

Well there almost identical however they do simplify some elements such as the original king only having one bastard featured rather than two in the story.

• What you've read is wrong. Sure the game isn't as graphically appealing as other games, and the combat is a poorer version of Witcher 2(which still makes it better combat than hack and slashrim) but it was still a great story. But because it wasn't made by Rockstar, Bethesda, EA, Activision it got bad ratings.

mejjos posted: »

From what I've read, the ATLUS GoT is pretty bad. It's the Survival Instinct of Game Of Thrones games haha.

• On one hand I'm really looking forward to Game of Thrones more than any other telltale game(ASOIAF is easily my top series, Walking Dead falls into the top 5 somewhere)

But on the other hand I'm wondering what exactly they plan on doing. With Walking Dead they created a new character in Lee and told his story through a global zombie apocalypse(though keeping the story in Georgia) They can't do that in Game of Thrones, either we play as somebody we know, or they set us up at a different point in history.

Thinking about it, I would like to play as Eddard Stark(voice acted by Sean Bean obviously)as we take a non-canon journey through him being Hand of the King.

• I'm optimistically looking at the first episode coming as early as April with the season premier. Which IIRC this year it happened on the same day as Walking Dead finale.

What a weekend that would be Game of Thrones premier, Walking Dead finale, Game of Thrones episode 1, Walking Dead episode 2/3. /drool

They appear to be in the planning stages if the vague interview at the VGX awards is anything to go by. I'd be surprised if we're playing it e

• I just don't know...I've never been a fan of GAME OF THRONES, primarily because of the one thing that makes it appealing to everyone else: All the characters are morally and/or psychologically compromised to some extent (and if they're not now, they will be). I don't think I'd want to play a game where almost everybody is unlikable to varying degrees. Then again, I thought THE WALKING DEAD was excruciating, only to get addicted to the game.

• edited December 2013

Agreed. Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, Elder Scrolls Online, Mass Effect 4 (scratch that for now) and Dragon Age Inquisition to name a few.

SomGuye posted: »

2014 is going to be a great year for gaming

• I think he has a fair few in the TV series too, just that none of them are featured in very much detail, only one of them is.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Actually he had 16 bastards in the books, supposedly!

• Have you ever given Game of Thrones a try?

I'm not usually a fan of the whole medieval genre in any form either, but I have really enjoyed watching the Game of Thrones series. If you have already gave it a try and found that you hate it, then that's fair enough! But if you haven't, I recommend at least giving it a chance. :)

I really hope you are right. I know GoT deals more with character interactions rather than warfare, it's just that i don't like medieval atmos

• That's true all they did was merge Gendry and Edric into one character. Even though they didn't show Mya Stone in season1 they could easily introduce her next season

Leehb posted: »

I think he has a fair few in the TV series too, just that none of them are featured in very much detail, only one of them is. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

• As my post says above, I'm pretty sure they don't take people out of one team to handle early game design for another game unless a game/episode is already completed. Don't worry, these announcements should not detract Wolf or Dead coming out sooner in any way.

Weeksy posted: »

Given the time frame of minimally 2 & a half to 3 months between episodes of "TWAU" - I would argue that it already is having an effect. TTG's own blog post clearly stated they are still working on Episode 2.

• edited December 2013
    1. A Song of Ice and Fire's dark, but the environment and tones vary depending on what character's point of view it's focusing on. I can think of more varied set-pieces than we've seen in The Walking Dead anyway.
    2. There's warfare, but a lot of the characters are caught up in political intrigue more often than any swordplay.
    3. The setting does operate on the idea of more medieval gender roles, but like you say, a Song of Ice of Fire has a fairly diverse cast, and the detriments of societal norms go both ways. There are women playing politics and leading soldiers just as their are men, so I would hope that Telltale would do the same with its take on the story.

You're right: fantasy settings are not exclusive to male gamers, but I've noticed in my circle of friends and acquaintances there is more affe

• Oof, I wouldn't count on Mass Effect 4 being released.

It hasn't been revealed yet, and DAI has been revealed about a year and a half before it's scheduled release.

Besides, that would be a 2 year development cycle, and Mass Effect 3 is a testament as to why a game should not be rushed.

NamelessAce posted: »

Agreed. Witcher 3 Wild Hunt, Elder Scrolls Online, Mass Effect 4 (scratch that for now) and Dragon Age Inquisition to name a few.

• I wasn't too sure if they are intending on the new ME to be next year or not, I wouldn't mind it, but of course I have a lot of catching up to do with a few other games anyway.

Flog61 posted: »

Oof, I wouldn't count on Mass Effect 4 being released. It hasn't been revealed yet, and DAI has been revealed about a year and a half befor

• playing with Ned would be cool.. but i would love to play with Jon Snow..

Kingthlayer posted: »

On one hand I'm really looking forward to Game of Thrones more than any other telltale game(ASOIAF is easily my top series, Walking Dead falls

• It will be very interesting to see what TT does with this series. TT always has a way of turning a dull world into something more enjoyable to draw attention to. I personally am not a fan of the tv series, but still looking forward to what they can do with it. This certainly has alot of potential.

This discussion has been closed.